You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
SCANDAL will produce a new song titled "Party" for singer-songwriter Rina Katahira's (ex-PlayYou.House [later called Goose house] member) new album Saikou no Shiuchi (最高の仕打ち; The Best Disservice).  The album will be released on February 3, 2016.

・SCANDAL's thoughts on producing music together
We were very happy that Rina wanted to work with us and gave us the offer!
It was our first time arranging another artist's song, but we worked out the arrangement while going in to the studio before recording and having sessions, and worked while having so much fun as it felt like the five of us were a band.
Our team grooves resemble each other's, so we were able to work it out harmoniously!

・SCANDAL's message to Rina Katahira:
We've heard it has the fastest BPM out of Rina-chan's library.
We apologize for the fast acoustic guitar stroking, too.
We believe that we have fulfilled our role.
Let's play a live together.
We are fans of yours. Thank you.
P.S. Let's go out for Turkish food.

Album trailer, which includes Rina Katahira's self-produced songs "Daremo ga", "Kemutai", and "Dare ni Datte Cinderella Story":

Katahira Rina's website

(source)

#front-page

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The song /Party/ would be on-air today on Tokyo FM.

I'm not familiar with the artist but I would like to hear Scandals composition for the song.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Here is "Party":

SCANDAL to produce a song for Rina Katahira's new album 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Very nice song. Great vocals and SCANDAL did a fantastic job on the music.

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oohh cool Nice one
Scandal bringing their signature rock sound to another artist, its awesome.

I can imagine Scandal playing this live with miss Katahira on vocals/acoustic.

The singers voice is pretty nice here too, the high notes are killer.

Last edited by Star~world96® on Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i edit this because[insert reason here])

Back to top Go down

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
Song sounds great! Enjoy the drums on this one. Hope they arrange all their own album songs as well.

Back to top Go down
Kamiko

Kamiko

Caless Student
Caless Student
Here is the recording document from Katahira Rina's official YouTube channel

SCANDAL to produce a song for Rina Katahira's new album Oo7JL1R
Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I thought that SCANDAL actually composed all the song, but they only arranged the song

3. Party
Lyrics & Music: Rina Katahira
Arrangement: SCANDAL

Source

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@victor_survive

Yeah, I thought the same thing heheh,

Here's the MV for Party 

And for those who can't watch because YouTube can stink sometimes and we don't live in Japan, here's a link to a proxy page.

https://nl.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA%2FaGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS%2FcUxrnNZwEMCiA0I8ds8ZMr%2FF44C%2Fp1Wd6j8VJBnEDBsLBREpKbioUZBv%2FWg%3D%3D&bit=1

I don't know if this is a whole video since it didn't say "short version" maybe on the release date a full pv would come out but who knows.

BTW, i really like this song. .love.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Rina Katahira's commentary about "Party":

3. Party
Arrangement by SCANDAL. As I was writing it I imagined girls rocking out majestically, and first and foremost thought of SCANDAL. We worked together, and what I was reminded of is that--naturally--regardless of gender, they're a true rock band.

https://twitter.com/katarina_81/status/694870380494761984

For those interested in the lyrics (although SCANDAL didn't help in writing them), here's my translation of "Party":

Spoiler:

#front-page

SCANDAL to produce a song for Rina Katahira's new album 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.