Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:43 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL, Tetsuya Komuro: 「The gap that they can give a heavy metal-like perfomance is nice」
HARUNA:「Komuro-san was the spark that got me into singing」

MusicVoice - SCANDAL on TK Music FRESH! GoBTX9d

AbemaTV's music program 『TK Music FRESH! by AWA #2』, with MC Tetsuya Komuro, broadcasted live on the 23rd from HARAJUKU Abema Studio in Tokyo・Harajuku with guests Tetsuya Komuro and all-girl band SCANDAL. Komuro spoke of SCANDAL's appeal: 「They have an artist feeling to them, but they also are very visual. Even so, the gap that they can give a heavy metal-like powerful perfomance is nice.」

MC Tetsuya Komuro invites artists he's interested in and talks about music unfold on this program. Four-member all-girl band SCANDAL, comic duo TKO and Takayuki Kinoshita, AKB48's Haruka Shimada, and Peco appeared this time.

Tetsuya Komuro produced the song 「Place of life (feat. Tetsuya Komuro)」 on SCANDAL's 2014 album 「HELLO WORLD」, and there's also a chronology about how the program began from the cue of SCANDAL wanting to appear together with Komuro. The topic turned to Komuro and SCANDAL's music production.

Talking about their first impressions when they met Komuro, HARUNA spoke of the spark that led to her aiming to be a singer: 「I'm a big Namie Amuro fan, and I had admired [Komuro] since I was in elementary school. Komuro-san was the spark that got me into singing.」 RINA showed how she was surprised by Komuro's greatness as a musician: 「When the melody changes, Komuro-san plays the keyboards rather than use words and says, "How does this feel?" It was very impressive.」 MAMI said, 「I'm very happy he saw us as artists right from the start and considered the band as the axis.」 Komuro spoke of SCANDAL's appeal: 「They have an artist feeling to them, but they also are very visual. Even so, the gap that they can give a heavy metal-like powerful perfomance is nice.」

SCANDAL were originally in dance units, got to know each other at a Kyobashi school in Osaka that they attended, and became a band. Hearing that, Takayuki Kinoshita said, 「Kyobashi!? I worked as a host in Kyobashi. I suddenly have a sense of affinity for you guys. I was skinnier and had longer hair then; I was number one. I think I had some magic cast on me」, inviting laughs while divulging a shocking past.

As Kinoshita's stories about his past riled everyone up, the topic changed to quarreling within the group. SCANDAL talked about how get along well normally, but they often quarrel about music. Hearing this, Komuro expressed his opinions based on personal experience: 「It's not good to quarrel when you're not very close, so quarreling is a good thing, isn't it? Because you can't produce good music if you don't quarrel.」

The program came to a close after sending a cheer to SCANDAL who's also active abroad: 「You export Japanese entertainment. Doing so through anime is common, but doing it through music is wonderful. You're a 21st century band. I want you to really pull [Japan] with you.」

http://www.musicvoice.jp/news/20160728044399/

#front-page

MusicVoice - SCANDAL on TK Music FRESH! 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: MusicVoice - SCANDAL on TK Music FRESH!
Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:23 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
I think I'll never understand why haru never lose the chance to remind that TK composed a lot of namie amuro's songs at the beginning of her carrer, but rina never says the same for ayumi hamasaki when komuro has work waay more with her than with namie lol. maybe Rina respect his more as an artist and fellow pianist (and musician in general)

It must be a big honor for the girls to be a band that a legend such as TK is interested in and I truly hope that he will compose another song for them because place of life was nothing. he can do better.

Back to top Go down

Re: MusicVoice - SCANDAL on TK Music FRESH!
Posted Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:20 pm

bias

bias

Caless Student
Caless Student
"Place of life" is a great song. it's a pity that they don't play it often. i've just seen it once during my five-time attendings of HELLO WORLD TOUR 2015...

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.