Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

GiGS, September 2017 issue

SCANDAL TOUR 2017「SCANDAL's 47 Prefecture Tour」 Live Report

GiGS - September 2017 Issue 7t7c4io

A year has passed since this quartet held their tenth anniversary live titled "SCAFES" last August at Osaka's Izumiotsu Phoenix and opened the curtain on their anniversary year; since then they've shown us a number of actions such as a European tour, a fan club tour, and the release of a best album that included new songs. The other day they completed their 47 prefecture tour, and there were truly striking things about the evolution of the quartet. Focusing on their 51st performance in Utsunomiya during the final stage of their tour, we have recorded the show the girls put on on this tour.

The band's evolution seen during their 47 prefecture tour
2017.07.14 @ HEAVEN'S ROCK Utsunomiya VJ-2 and more

The quartet evolved day by day while on their 53-performance 47 prefecture tour that begin in March. We will be delivering their newest performances seen from the middle and final stages.

A red-hot night where you felt the results of a dense tour

The band's first 47 prefecture tour kicked off with a performance in Kumamoto on 3/11. By taking a look at their schedule of all 53 performances until the finale on July 17th, you would see that there were also a number of unbeliveably small venues on their recent tour. However, the quartet has also extended to doing overseas tours in recent years, and have held live performances in various environments and venues. Therefore, there are no special feelings in regards to the scale of the venues. The fans too should have heightened expectations of being able to domestically see a band that has trained overseas.

The first place we visited during this tour was the Saitama Shintoshin performance in May at a 350-person capacity live house. Although we've seen many of their live shows, this was our first time seeing them at a venue of this size. So, even though we did not plan a report on this day and therefore watched in the back of the audience, that turned out to be the correct decision. We were overwhelmed by their approaching sound, and it made us feel like our way of watching their live show had changed. So, convinced that "For this tour, we won't report on the finale with the several thousand-person capacity," we went to Utsunomiya during the final stage of the tour.

The capacity of the venue that day was around 300 people, the same level as Saitama Shintoshin, with the density of the hall being considerably high. In order to keep up with the four them, this time we were on stand-by next to the PA table, which is one step higher than the audience. Still, the field of view of the stage was up to the members' shoulders. As the quartet showed up, both heat and fists rose at the same time. The girls opened up with the upbeat songs 「Image」, 「Take Me Out」, and 「Taiyou Scandalous」 right after the other without saying what was coming. With this kind of development, it'll be a straight game with 4 members against 300 fans all at once...or so we thought. Rather than the members setting forth a "Bring it!" spirit, smiles appeared on their faces, and with their entire bodies they seemed to take in the energy emitted by the audience.

Here, we saw the magnitude of the band and the magnitude of their experience gained while on tour. The sounds with increasing grooves are auditorily capitivating. For their live show, because the speakers that sound comes from are also close [to the audience], it may be that you're taking in a more direct sound. However, there's no doubt that the way that their instruments—TOMOMI's bass, RINA's drums, HARUNA and MAMI's twin guitars—and songs work together smoothly have never been more matched up than now. You can feel that remarkably in 「Stamp!」. It's a song that we've been seeing live performances of since its production, but on this day it wrapped up the venue with more of a comfortable, groovy feeling than ever before, making your body move along naturally to the beat. Through this tour, it seems that they have drawn out musical themes ideal for the band. Following with 「DOLL」, hard numbers were once again lined up in a row. It was here that their mode changed and suddenly turned into an attack mode. Then, each member's playing got sharp, their power increased, and the heat of the floor further increased.

For the third block, the first song up was 「Switch」, a song where kindness shines among sadness; then 「HELLO」, which depicts the image of a song with powerfulness and a large sense of scale. We also noticed that the band's expressiveness has become even greater. Then, for the second half, they went into attack mode again from 「FREEDOM FIGHTERS」 until the last song. From here onwards they made their strength visible once again. At the end of the performance, they said, 「This has been the hottest place on this tour so far. Even more than Okinawa」, and from our photographer we heard, 「It's been a while since my lenses have fogged up」. In other words, the venue was just that full of enthusiasm. Even from the back you could see how physically drained the band was, and it seemed like it was no wonder that the seams were coming apart on their performance. Nevertheless, they showed a smile, decided on a breathtaking play, and their unity became increasingly robust. Finishing off their dense set, you could feel that the band's power is growing. It was a tour that was a good harvest for us as people who have followed the girls up until now. This sight would have been impossible to see at large venues they've played at in the past.

Three days after this day, they held the tour finale at Toyosu PIT in Tokyo. The capacity was about ten times larger than Utsunomiya. By witnessing their sound at a venue like this, we were interestingly able to capture the evolution of the band from a different perspective compared to the other day. In Utsunomiya we were overwhelmed by the destructive power of the whole band, but here, the magnitude of each member's presence stood out. RINA hits a persuasive stroke one after the other as the heart of the band, TOMOMI steps along while giving a rhythm and swell to the beat, MAMI's colorful guitar is sharper and wilder than ever before, and HARUNA's power to incite the audience with one word—not only for songs—has grown. After everything finished, HARUNA said on stage that they felt a sense of accomplishment, which is definitely directly connected to the progress of the band. What kind of sound will we hear in the future? First of all, we'll have them show their results of completing all 53 performances, and their first joint band tour to be held in Tokyo/Nagoya/Osaka in October with three other bands.

GiGS - September 2017 Issue A7p0adT
GiGS - September 2017 Issue 8h2COKj
GiGS - September 2017 Issue KrRkHeo
GiGS - September 2017 Issue O7fw1uu

#front-page

GiGS - September 2017 Issue 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: GiGS - September 2017 Issue
Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:36 am

lethaldj13

lethaldj13

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/RolandPada
Thank you very much for this! greatly appreciated !

please check out my channel~

i do a bunch of guitar video's as well as other things like games

https://www.youtube.com/user/lethaldj13

GiGS - September 2017 Issue FnJCu84

Personal blog~ check it out if you have time

https://cannedthoughtblog.wordpress.com/
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:01 am

RandomAsianDude8

RandomAsianDude8

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you for this .hail. I hope the band realises its goals and achieve more and get more talented. .smile. I would like to see them celebrating many more anniversaries!

.nerd.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:33 pm

gitariskamaran

gitariskamaran

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I hope I can read the Japanese letter at the picture..... but it looks amazing when looking their gears. if there is any live video for the concert it will worth to buy it .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:36 pm

RandomAsianDude8

RandomAsianDude8

Caless Student
Caless Student
gitariskamaran wrote:I hope I can read the Japanese letter at the picture..... 
Study hard and you will start reading. It feels great when you can read even one word Nice one 頑張って! Nice one
(Although Kanji is hard lol)

.nerd.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:57 pm

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
Sorry the question but, What magazine is this? 
Some link?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:11 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
vwolf wrote:Sorry the question but, What magazine is this? 
Some link?

The magazine name is stated in both the title and the first post: GiGS. It's a physical magazine that I purchased myself. You can buy it off of CD Japan.

GiGS - September 2017 Issue 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:31 pm

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
vwolf wrote:Sorry the question but, What magazine is this? 
Some link?

The magazine name is stated in both the title and the first post: GiGS. It's a physical magazine that I purchased myself. You can buy it off of CD Japan.
Thanks for the reply!!
 but I did not know the number of the magazine. 
Either way is already sold out T_T

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.