thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (11 votes)

SCANDAL's interview portion on 「Premium MelodiX!」, Oct. 17, 2017:

Premium MelodiX! 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Premium MelodiX!
Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:37 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Not what I was expecting... but fun interview, thanks for the translation Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:57 pm

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
Thanks for the subtitles. Although I had laughed a lot with Haruna and the fight of Tomo and Mami  LOVE

Last edited by vwolf on Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:05 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
vwolf wrote:Gracias por los subtítulos. Aunque me había reído mucho con Haruna y la pelea de Tomo y Mami  LOVE

No problem, but please remember you need to use English only on this forum.

Premium MelodiX! 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:47 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Any chance you could share the srt or ass file as well? Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:34 pm

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank You for the translation.

Wow, Haruna ate 100 bowls of wanko soba. I don't think that I could do that. I'd probably be full after 20 bowls. .omg.

I remember seeing a video of Mami and Rina doing the wanko soba challenge...

Very interesting that the work culture is very different in Japan compared to Germany. I knew that before but after Rina said that the cameraman wanted to go home and the rehearsal was rushed, I realized that there must be a huge difference. I don't know the work culture at tv stations but the cameraman was maybe working overtime. In his place I would want to go home too if I had to work overtime.  BUT! If SCANDAL were there I would love to work longer .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:50 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
How can you eat 100 bowls of soba  Premium MelodiX! 1f602 

I have read somewhere that in Germany, people work less hours but are still productive if not more than those working the usual 8-12 hour shifts. Which is kind of the opposite in Japan where there is an issue of working long hours.

I also thought that they'd be discussing in some way the making of their MV.

Premium MelodiX! Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I used to work in Summer holidays and if my contract was for 8 hours + 1/2h rest I left exactly after 8 hours and 30 min, not even 10 min more. Can't understand why some do overtime....

I bet no one wanted Haruna to eat more than 90 bowls before a live show. How someone as small as her can eat so much I don't know.
I think I could handle  5 bowls at best, if I am hungry.(depends of the size of the bowl).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:08 pm

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
How did Haruna fit 100 bowls of noodles into that tiny body?  She must have some kind of super human metabolism.  She really did this BEFORE a show. Unbelievable!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Doing that before a show is really the weirdest part...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:43 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I remember Haruna's Instagram video with her finishing off the challenge.  The bowls weren't filled to the brim, but it was still impressive seeing the huge stack of empty bowls sitting next to her.

It doesn't surprise me she could eat so much.  Some of the best competitive eaters in the world are smaller people.  My wife was petite like her (she was Filippino/Chinese), and she could put food away as well as I could.  Being from a stereotypical Italian family, my mom loved cooking for the two of us.  This may explain why I keep having dreams about having dinner with Haruna.  Hmm...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:49 pm

HitenMitsurugi

HitenMitsurugi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.dailymotion.com/vinicius-dbrovedo
I just saw a video of a guy "10x" bigger than Haruna(hahahaha)
and he didn't finish the challenge.
I think they went light on Bossu 
HASuhaUHS

Premium MelodiX! R0ELqB
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 am

CanadianClub

CanadianClub

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks so much Jade for the subs !! It is great to hear what they were talking about. I thought it might be about the MV, but it wasn't at all. Some funny stories and insights ! Much appreciated Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:54 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
The interview was fun to listen to, and the performance is fun to watch, but their TV performances over the years make me laugh.  Its obvious on many of them that they're singing live to a pre-recorded track.  The amps are hardly ever turned on!  Not only aren't they on for this performance but Mami is rocking away with all the pitch shifting effects in the song and her Whammy pedal is nowhere to be seen on the stage (or the rest of her pedal board).  Nonetheless, it's fun watching them play along.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:47 pm

vwolf

vwolf

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://www.scandalband-la.com
Don Dio wrote:The interview was fun to listen to, and the performance is fun to watch, but their TV performances over the years make me laugh.  Its obvious on many of them that they're singing live to a pre-recorded track.  The amps are hardly ever turned on!  Not only aren't they on for this performance but Mami is rocking away with all the pitch shifting effects in the song and her Whammy pedal is nowhere to be seen on the stage (or the rest of her pedal board).  Nonetheless, it's fun watching them play along.
The only thing that works are the microphones and the drum, maybe.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:24 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Rina's live (I should have said that).  It's hard to fake playing drums without being being obvious.  She could always pull a Keith Moon and purposely miss hitting the drums and cymbals (check out The Who's appearance on The Smother Brothers TV show from "The Kids Are Alright" DVD for reference).

Back to top Go down

Premium MelodiX! (March 8, 2021)
Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

English subs for SCANDAL's appearance on "Premium MelodiX!", March 8, 2021:

#front-page

Premium MelodiX! 39iLxaW

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:53 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
I think I will give the Carolina Reapers a miss. .lol.

Back to top Go down

Premium MelodiX! (March 8, 2021)
Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 am

meikam81

meikam81

Caless Student
Caless Student
Think it's cute how Rina loves watching family themed anime series. The episode she was describing must really resonate with her being the eldest sister. Coming from a big family myself I understand her feelings of being comforted by these shows, especially during this time. They wore the same outfits they had for the SEASONS concert which suits the song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:50 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Thanks for the translation. It was fun, especially talking about their home in the beginning. I like and have watched a lot of Japanese horror movies  Premium MelodiX! 1f47b

Premium MelodiX! VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:48 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I love the look on Rina's face when the female host tries the cheese and chilli powder, it's like don't do it I know what's coming. I wonder if Rina has tried it herself.

Tomomi's wine description, it's like juice .lol. 

I assume it's the sparkling Otaru Niagara wine only because the label is similar to the one seen here https://www.uu-hokkaido.com/wine/hokkaidowine.html

Is the male host a comedian or is he just naturally funny? thought he was great.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:39 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

GT wrote:I assume it's the sparkling Otaru Niagara wine only because the label is similar to the one seen here https://www.uu-hokkaido.com/wine/hokkaidowine.html

Yes, it's that one. TOMO had been posting about it on her Instagram Stories and posted a picture of the bottle:

Premium MelodiX! KFDInBY

Is the male host a comedian or is he just naturally funny? thought he was great.

Yama-chan is in fact a comedian. A lot of people overseas know him as being part of the panel on the reality show Terrace House.

Premium MelodiX! 39iLxaW

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
GT wrote:I love the look on Rina's face when the female host tries the cheese and chilli powder, it's like don't do it I know what's coming. I wonder if Rina has tried it herself.
Yes she looked downright worried and was even nervously wringing her hands. She was probably thinking, Mami pls don't have gone overboard this time~
  .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:03 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Yama-chan is in fact a comedian. A lot of people overseas know him as being part of the panel on the reality show Terrace House.
Thank you, I don't really watch reality shows but I'll check it out he amused me.

Steadystate wrote:
GT wrote:I love the look on Rina's face when the female host tries the cheese and chilli powder, it's like don't do it I know what's coming. I wonder if Rina has tried it herself.
Yes she looked downright worried and was even nervously wringing her hands. She was probably thinking, Mami pls don't have gone overboard this time~
  .lol.
I also actually like the fact that Mami carries chilli powder around with her, girls got priorities.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 27, 2021 9:06 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Thanks for this upload. I've seen a couple of episodes of Terrace House on Netflix and was like "Yoooo that's that guy that hosts those shows that Scandal is always on" hahah

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.