thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Ptm0jQi

SCANDAL has produced the song "STORY" on Airi Suzuki's (ex.℃-ute) solo debut album 『Do me a favor』!

Lyrics: RINA
Music・Arrangement: MAMI
Performance・ Producer: SCANDAL

Order the album on CD Japan:

Regular Edition

Blu-ray Edition

RINA:
We made a cool song where you can fully enjoy Airi-chan's vocal ability☺︎ I'm happy she let us write her a song at this timing of her taking an important step forward!

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/977121368159395840
https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/977124779986624512

"STORY," with accompanying footage of them in the studio can be heard and viewed in the trailer for the "band side" of Airi's album (from 0:32):

Here's my English translation for "STORY":

Spoiler:

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Excellent news, I have always adored Airi Suzuki and I am confident she will be a success in her solo career, how nice of SCANDAL to help her Happy

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
If I understand correctly, the recording of the instruments is also done by Scandal! Hope there will be a video of them in the studio.

Back to top Go down
peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's amazing to see scandal slowing growing from a group of girls knowing nothing about instrument, bands, to a band that could barely preform, to artists preforming with songs produced by others, and artist producing their own songs, and finally to artists who could produce song for others. It's just amazing!!

Back to top Go down
libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sugoi! I hope they make more collaborations and at the same time produce for other artists too. They have a history with Airi so it's nice that they produced a song for her. This could mean we'll see them together on stage again when she performs live  SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album 1f600

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down
joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Nice! I remember her from halloween 2016 when she sang Shunkan sentimental, they looked nice together

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
They already gained reputation and respect as musicians and song writers couple of years ago.
Also invited to drink/meal by other rockers. That I didn't seen another girls band did.
I wondered if any member of other bands they meet approaches any of them?

Back to top Go down
flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
peachclub wrote:It's amazing to see scandal slowing growing from a group of girls knowing nothing about instrument, bands, to a band that could barely preform, to artists preforming with songs produced by others, and artist producing their own songs, and finally to artists who could produce song for others. It's just amazing!!
That's why I love them so much. Watching them grow in real time has been the most amazing and fascinating experience.

Back to top Go down
mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
And it's on preorder now:

Regular Edition

Blu-ray Edition

Seems it has a few collaborations ( Akai Koen... XD )

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Scanda10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

A clip of "STORY," the song written by SCANDAL for Airi Suzuki's debut solo album Do me a favor, with accompanying footage of them in the studio can be heard and viewed in the trailer for the "band side" of Airi's album (from 0:32):

Edit: I've ripped and reupped the clip of "STORY" only:

Pre-order the album on CD Japan:

Regular Edition

Blu-ray Edition

#front-page

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
sounds cute and upbeat.
They definitely bring out their pop sound more when they compose for others.

Back to top Go down
rikitasu

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Inspirational and reminds me of Image...
As expected of Scandal  SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album 1f60a

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Wapmov14

.love. SCANDAL IN MANILA 2018 .love.
Back to top Go down

Radio Rip of "STORY"
Posted Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:20 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Here's a radio rip of about a minute and a half of "STORY," the song SCANDAL wrote for Airi Suzuki's upcoming solo debut album:

Airi: This was announced the other day, but my beloved SCANDAL even produced this song! I also had HARUNA sing harmonies. They also recorded the instruments―the four of them did everything, and this collaboration is on the album.

#front-page

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Being a huge Airi fan from her C-ute days I have of course ordered the album, it will be fun to hear Haruna singing with Airi again  Happy

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It sounds great, really a classical Scandal's songs  .clap.

Back to top Go down
peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It sounds really great, nice job Airi and Scandal. 

It's really amazing to see what Scandal have achieved as musicians starting from when they were really just starting to play instrument.

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
reilachii wrote:They definitely bring out their pop sound more when they compose for others.
Cuz they've been making songs for pop idols or pop singers. Would actually like to see them make songs for other rock bands, I wanna know what Scandal can come up with for other bands.

The song sounds good lol. Like the instrumentals, has a very Scandal punk feel. All I know about Airi is that she good friends with the band lol...I think.  .whistle.

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Maybe we can expect a release in the future by Scandal re record those songs they wrote for other artists.

Back to top Go down
Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Metal Mickey wrote:Maybe we can expect a release in the future by Scandal re record those songs they wrote for other artists.

Or maybe they will go the Bruce Springsteen route and just play the songs as part of their live set.  Then in true Bruce fashion release a live album and box set containing all the songs written for other artists.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Airi Suzuki posted a higher quality clip of "STORY" on her YouTube along with lyrics:

With English subs:

#front-page

Back to top Go down
TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
Lyrics by Suzuki-chan, vocals by Suzuki-chan. .smile.

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album Sign10
Back to top Go down
astoriasky

astoriasky

International Performer
International Performer
The song really sounds like a SCANDAL song.

SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album 6143074812_5b541c9f03_z
Back to top Go down
Riri_bear

Riri_bear

Caless Student
Caless Student
Airi has tweet that there are gyao! Video of her performing "Story" in Viva La Pop. Can we get a chance to see it too here?.. Since i would like to hear the full version so bad!!   SCANDAL writes + produces a song for Airi Suzuki's solo debut album 1f62d Btw, i dont have experience in using Vpn... Anyone does it... I appreciate it so much!!

Ah!! I found it!! Here it is!!!!!
Story:
Let's shout!!!

Somehow i need SCANDAL original version of it... since the drum is a bit different...

Last edited by Riri_bear on Sat May 19, 2018 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
eaaaaan

eaaaaan

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://instagram.com/eaaaaan
There is a behind the scenes recording session feature of this song that SCANDAL twitter retweeted. It would be awesome if that could be translated, very curious to the bands approach towards making and recording a song!

Back to top Go down
Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Mamitasu no Yuuya-kun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Since this news came out, it has been a double kill for me as I'm also a fan of Hello!Project and Suzuki Airi.

And looks like they also made an appearance in the latest episode of Upcoming, a youtube web show of UP-Front Agency :D (Starts at 27:44)

eaaaaan wrote:There is a behind the scenes recording session feature of this song that SCANDAL twitter retweeted. It would be awesome if that could be translated, very curious to the bands approach towards making and recording a song!
I would be up to it, but I think thoseguiltyeyes will beat me to it XD;;

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum