Go down

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review
Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:04 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Please see:

I didn't make this thread to show off,i'm not a bastard.The reason is below.Please read through it thoroughly. If you still think i'm showing off then please get your ass outta here.

So many people were asking me the same questions at different times and in different ways so i decided to create this thread to answer everything in one go.

So firstly,let's start with the concert day,shall we?

We went to the event location at around 1pm,so we checked the see if there weas anybody queuing up yet and BAM!
The queue was already two lines long,with most of it comprised of the SCANDAL Sushi HK fanclub.We got stunned,went to get some snacks,drinks and went back up to outside the auditorium to join the queue.

Our tickets:

Spoiler:

Note that the concert starts at 8pm,the doors opening at 7.30pm and we started queuing at approximately 1.30pm,with the queue already being 2 long lines long.

Look,here:

Spoiler:

About.....say,45 minutes later?I was playing with my phone when asuna nudged me and went "OI look it's them!"
HARUNA and Timo were walking past the queue into the auditorium,and HARU turned and smiled at us,us being the entire queue,and Timo was waving at us too.So i realised that two SCANDAL members have just walked past us,a bare few metres away,and one of the cutest members had just waved in my general direction.I was blank for a few seconds,i remember my mouth was open.Then something in my brain clonked into place and i waved back at Timo,but she had already turned away.And no,i couldn't get a photo in time.

We whiled away the time,drinking stuff,eating effy-tasting Hello Panda imitates and spicy Calbee prawn crackers,and tweeting about the queue and the long hours and the Great Walk Past Starring HARU&Timo in excess.Me and asuna went down to get some dogs(Hot dogs,i might add) for dinner,and when i came back with the dogs,natchi pointed to the table at the far end.

Apparently they were selling the BEST SCANDAL album HK version,and you can preorder the HK version of Tempbox+DVD too.If you preorder the TempBox,which costs around 30SGD,you get to receive a autographed postcard from SCANDAL and after the concert there will be a handshake session too.Naturally the SCANDAL freak in me came roaring out and i preordered the TempBox,even though i can't collect it in HK next week.Still,30 bucks for an autographed postcard and handshakes with the members,that did it for me.I'd pay 200 if i had to. :ar!

These are the items you get once you preorder,a poster and your order for TempBox:
Spoiler:

Naturally i was as happy as...well,as happy as i can be.asuna was teasing me about the handshake session all night,and natchi too.The gits. :D

And then finally,after 6 long hours of waiting,the concert doors were flung open and the light came rushing out,like a miracle.LOL okay that was exaggerated but everyone was really hyped up to go in.

Nau,before the concert itself,i must add something.

No pictures of the concert,or SCANDAL whatsoever,were taken by us.That is because the security there was very very very very very strict;During the concert,security people and SCANDAL staff were patrolling the aisles to make sure that nobody was taking a picture or recording a video.Even the handshake session was prohibited,i do not know why.The only pics you can find of this concert are the ones taken by the official photographers,some ninja somewhere,SCANDAL staff and SCANDAL themselves.

So i am sorry,but other than the pics not from the concert that i have taken myself,plus a few from asuna and natchi,i can offer nothing more.I know a lot of guys are waiting for pics.I am really really sorry about this.

Anyways!This was taken after the concert,when the security laxed a little.It shows where we were sitting/standing during the concert,and how the venue looks like:
Spoiler:

Nau for my thoughts on the concert:
I thought that SCANDAL played really well,and HARUNA,as usual knew how to get the crowd really hyped up(Though we were all too hyped up as it is,she only needed to sneeze to get us oomph-ed),but i must single out MAMI out for praise.Other than one wrong chord played during S.L. Magic(which all three of us winced at),she was spectacular.Solos were played at the front of the stage with lotsa emotion and poses(guitarists' poses,mind,not her funnyweird yoga poses),and riffs,chords were all accompanied by headbanging.She was really getting into the groove.Timo too was flinging her hair all over the place.RINA was headbanging so hard behind the drums i thought she'd drunk too much soymilk.HARU was the one talking and waving and getting the crowd to sing along,so on and so forth.Though,in my opinion,i think that the crowd was a little too high on some songs,especially songs like Switch and Namida no Regret.Everyone was still like,flinging their arms into the air on these slow songs,and i dunno,but i think RINA and HARU's faces read something like "Aren't they a little too pumped on songs like these?" The amps were on louderthanloud and RINA was whacking the drums so hard i thought she'll break her drumsticks again.My hearing was a little muffled after the concert and i had ringing in my ears,and i almost lost my voice yelling and singing along.It was real fun,and a little surreal for me,to see your idols,whom you've been admiring for the past year or so,suddenly on a stage,just a few metres away from you,in the flesh.

But anyways,i could tell that they enjoyed the concert,and HARU left the chorus after the bridge of Shunkan for us to sing.It was like karaoke live,with lots more oomph.After the encore,some fans had already planned for the audience to sing Happy Birthday in advance for HARUNA and RINA,and three blows of a whistle was the signal.So we sung Happy Birthday,in English,first for HARU then for RINA.While we were singing,the girls were preparing to go backstage,so naturally they stopped and smiled like "Eh?Nani? After that was finished they said "Arigatou!"

After that i went outside to be in line for the handshake session,i was pumped as hell.I was planning this to say to each individual member while i was standing there for 40 minutes waiting for them to come out and begin the session:

To 1st member(i didn't know in what order they would be standing during that time)Boku wa Shingapooru kara desu.Ensou otsukaresama![Translation:I'm from Singapore!Thank you for the performance!)

2nd member:Shingapooru ni kitte kudasai!Ensou otsukaresama! [Please come to Singapore!Thank you for the performance!]

3rd member:Kyou no ensou saikyou desu!SCANDAL daisuki!Otsukaresama! [Today's performance was the best!I love SCANDAL!Thank you for the hard work!]

And to RINA:RINA-chan mecha kawaii to omou!Ensou otsukaresama! [I think RINA-chan is super cute!Thank you for the performance!]

And.....guess what?You had to just shake and go,shake and go,the most you can say is something like 'Kawaii!' or 'Daisuki!' because the line was going very fast,shake and go,shake and go.That was one of the two reasons.The other was that when it was my turn and i saw MAMI smiling at me,holding out her hand and saying 'Arigatou!', i blanked out again and my brain went into overtime,and i smiled,bowed a little and said 'Otsukaresama!' And next onto Timo,HARU and RINA.They all said 'Arigatou!' I smiled and bowed and said 'Otsukaresama!'
I was nearly keeling over when i found myself in front of a very pretty,very cute RINA smiling and hold her hand out to me.I think i almost cried LOL.I went on default again and smiled,bowed,and Otsukarasama-ed,while shaking her hand.Dang was it soft!And MAMI's too,though her hands are bigger,LOL.I expected RINA's hands to be a lil larger than what i saw,but her hands were :3 I can only remember the handshakes with MAMI and RINA,because i thought that MAMI looked damn hot and RINA,well,i was having a heart attack.Timo was smiling like a ten-million-watt lightbulb,and i had to bend at the waist to reach HARU's hand;for the other members i just bowed a little.HARU was....What did i say yesterday?Puny?Tiny is more of the appropriate word.Really short,but the ooomph was still there.And yes,that is her cuteness factor.Her bunny teeth were on display too LOL.

So after the surreal handshakes i was expecting them to sign my HK concert poster or something,and giving me a chance to say something more to them,but in the end a guy at the end of the table were giving out the presigned postcards,and that was that.

Pictures of the TempBox order,concert poster and autographed postcard respectively:
Spoiler:

And here's a pic of me trying to kiss RINA:
Spoiler:

So after my handshake session i found that asuna and natchi had purchased a copy of BEST SCANDAL each,so we all have SCANDAL stuff.

After the whole affair we went for supper and up into our hotel to crack some cans of Heineken and Carslberg,and annoy the git on the floor below us(He kept me awake during the first night)by blasting SCANDAL songs.I was high on...well,the experience and the beer,of course.I tweetspammed and well,you guys know what's up from here on.

So that concludes my SCANDAL HK experience.Overall it was the best,nothing but the best,though i thought i'd prefer a venue other than the auditorium,the setting was too glitzy,i was hoping for a mosh-pit kinda place,but oh well,it was fine too.

I think this thread will answer most guys' questions,and if you really have anymore,feel free to ask.

Eberibadi sei ieiii~!

P.S All our SCANDAL stuff:

Spoiler:

Last edited by EugeneAng on Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:27 am; edited 5 times in total

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review
Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:25 pm

monogrith7

monogrith7

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://monogrith7.deviantart.com/
WOWOW! So coooool! I can feel the happiness in everything you typed!

LOL @ the attempt to kiss RINA!

Thanks for the pics! .clap.

Thanks for sharing you're experience with SCANDAL here with us! I can really imagine i was there while reading this...=Dp

One day....every SH members will see them! Nice one

Last edited by monogrith7 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Sige
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:28 pm

bemnage

bemnage

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/bemnage?feature=mhum
Nice trip u hav there....

can imagine hows the scene like there...(haruna and tomomi smiled and waved at you)

TOJ Onion
thanks for sharing btw Thumbs Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:31 pm

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
monogrith7 wrote:WOWOW! So coooool! I can feel the happiness in everything you typed!

yeah .clap.

sharing your experience is enough db~

Thanks for sharing Eugene! .smile.

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for sharing the story Eugene, I knew everyone was going to bombard you with questions yesterday, so I didn't ask.

It's time to buy a 100% dust free display case, and put your SCANDAL stuff in there. Especially the postcard!

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
MAMI's hands... .toj. I'll dream of that from now and then...

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:17 pm

vincendadiaz

vincendadiaz

International Performer
International Performer
Ah, thanks for sharing Eugene!

if i am you, i won't wash my hand for the rest of my life .happy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:29 pm

konohagure

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Wow, overwhelming Eugene! It just shows how much you enjoyed and had fun. And trying to kiss Rina [=3 nice one!

Just kidding =Dp

Thank you for relaying to us what you've experienced. We really appreciate it. And the way you described Mami, well, it made me like her more than ever before =Dp

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Vinimin

Vinimin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, I am brimming with jealousy and happiness at the same time XD

Sounds like yu really had a blast, too bad about the tight security though, I hate when they do that at concerts Sad

God I wish they come over to the UK >_<

Otsukaresama Eugene-san! It was fun reading ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:33 pm

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
haha wow great report eugene and that place is so small *i thought it would be bigger* .clap.

its funny how people are so hype up on switch and namidanoregret yet thats so sweet of everyone to sing hapi basude to HARU/RINA .bleh.

such good listeners to know MAMI messed up and RINA drunk on soymilk cracks me up and thinking of MAMI weird/funny yoga poses made me burst out laughing .lol.

overall i think this is one of the best/funniest report i ever read .hail.

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Rina091212-7
“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:36 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
gah~
thanks for sharing a great/perfect experience their Eugene-sama~
even if theirs no pikku taken,you sharing SCANDAL moments with
us who*----i can't say it---lol*,it's more than enough~*well,for me~ Onion XD*\
gah,someday i'll shake hands with them too,and get autographs and~*fangirl blah,blah* and do GENDERLESS yoga with HARU,MAMI,TOMO, and RINA ~! .nosebleed.
and perform with the same stage with them~!*i'm serious Onion Wahaha ~*
the tickets were awesome,SCANDAL is awesome,you guys are awesome~!
thanks for sharing guys~! Honto ni ureshii na~ .hail.

To 1st member(i didn't know in what order they would be standing during that time)Boku wa Shingapooru kara desu.Ensou otsukaresama![Translation:I'm from Singapore!Thank you for the performance!)

2nd member:Shingapooru ni kitte kudasai!Ensou otsukaresama! [Please come to Singapore!Thank you for the performance!]

3rd member:Kyou no ensou saikyou desu!SCANDAL daisuki!Otsukaresama! [Today's performance was the best!I love SCANDAL!Thank you for the hard work!]

And to RINA:RINA-chan mecha kawaii to omou!Ensou otsukaresama! [I think RINA-chan is super cute!Thank you for the performance!]

And.....guess what?You had to just shake and go,shake and go,the most you can say is something like 'Kawaii!' or 'Daisuki!' because the line was going very fast,shake and go,shake and go.That was one of the two reasons.The other was that when it was my turn and i saw MAMI smiling at me,holding out her hand and saying 'Arigatou!', i blanked out again and my brain went into overtime,and i smiled,bowed a little and said 'Otsukaresama!' And next onto Timo,HARU and RINA.They all said 'Arigatou!' I smiled and bowed and said 'Otsukaresama!'
I was nearly keeling over when i found myself in front of a very pretty,very cute RINA smiling and hold her hand out to me.I think i almost cried LOL.I went on default again and smiled,bowed,and Otsukarasama-ed,while shaking her hand.Dang was it soft!And MAMI's too,though her hands are bigger,LOL.I expected RINA's hands to be a lil larger than what i saw,but her hands were :3 I can only remember the handshakes with MAMI and RINA,because i thought that MAMI looked damn hot and RINA,well,i was having a heart attack.Timo was smiling like a ten-million-watt lightbulb,and i had to bend at the waist to reach HARU's hand;for the other members i just bowed a little.HARU was....What did i say yesterday?Puny?Tiny is more of the appropriate word.Really short,but the ooomph was still there.And yes,that is her cuteness factor.Her bunny teeth were on display too LOL.

lol,i was laughing while reading this,sorry~ ROFL

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review URT1EYY
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 am

asuna

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
u forgot to mention the super messy group photo that they took with us from the stage :D

or rather, the photo that we tried to force our way into by standing on the auditorium chairs LOL

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:26 am

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Ohhhhhh yeahhhhhh!Yeah,me and asuna went up to near the stage area to try and get near SCANDAL and at least have our faces in the pics,but the mob near them was ridiculous.You'll need a kamekameha to get those people outta the way.In the end i think only our hands could be seen,and even though i'm not sure whether it was in the pics taken or not.LOL We stood on the auditorium chairs' handles,but still,not much of us can be seen. =Dp

Last edited by EugeneAng on Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:05 am

orphicviper

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you Eugene for sharing this wonderful experience! I laughed out loud more than once reading this, and you made me feel almost like I was there too! Happy

You scored some great swag as a memento of your trip, thank you for including the pics! And, I can only imagine the sensation of shaking their hands... heaven on earth!!!

I hope they come to the States again sometime, because I will DEFINITELY be going!! Hopefully if and when they do, I'll be able to share a once-in-a-lifetime experience like yours! Wink

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review 0d2vr6jSCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review 2vr6
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:45 pm

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Okay so no I'm-soooooooooooo-jealous lines for now. =Dp

Uhmmm let's see, how should I say this... dunno but while reading your story, I can't help but smile and be happy. It's like while reading it, I can imagine the scenes and at the same time imagine if I was the one on that scene. Like orphicviper said, it made me feel like I was there too. Reading stuffs like this is really more felt if it came from somebody you know and not just some random person's review.

LOL you're just an inch taller than me yet you describe HARU that way eh. Now my dream to see HARU's height has increased by 1,000,000 times. 8->

Shake hands eh... that's like one of the best thing that can happen to you, I would rather choose that than win a high prize lottery. But I'm surprised no one had this idea, if I were there I would put the strongest SUPER GLUE I can find in my hands :> . Anyway I think if I was there I seriously would have had a heart attack on the spot. =Dp

Thanks for sharing this experience! This just made our dream to see them one day more stronger. Onion Tea

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Koide Namizo

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

koide : "owh..show off now eugene-boy??HARGAY will love YUH..."
eugene-boy : "look what I wrote above YUH bastard!!!!*kraugene-man mode*
koide : *run*

gurarararara!!kidding eugene-boy..kidding...XXDDDDDDD

nice share man...next time..YUH should bring me in ur bag..gurararara!!

wait wait..what do YUH mean with "funnyweird yoga poses"?? .knuckles.

YUH met Mami??did she say my name??did she remember about her daughters???did she..*mouth banned by mc*

handshake with Mami???!!!!HANDSHAKE WITH MAMI??!!!KNJBHASDADB ADBAD!!!!!.mad.

Heso...!!!

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Newsiggy
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Z
Hehee SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Koidi Hehee
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Terriermon15
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Shp
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:52 am

alcin91

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow,the concert looks like it's very very fun to go to! Next time! NEXT TIME! LOVE
If only school wasn't a *oooops bad word detected* .punches.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:04 am

BB

BB

International Performer
International Performer
great review eugene!

well, true im jealous you can get to go there and have interaction with SCANDAL. but oh well, at least im happy that there's Singaporeans went their concert. so im happy with that.

hope they do come to S'pore also. haha.

once again, thanks for this review!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:53 am

asuna

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
if u guys wanna read more and see more pics of HK, can visit my blog, i've typed everything out :D

http://not-so-geeky.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

gunnersforlife

gunnersforlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://gunners-4life.blogspot.com/
wow... that's great experience, eugene!! Thanks for sharing it...

I just wanna ask, how did you buy the ticket for the concert?? is it sold online??

thanks kaito for the userbar SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review 464571

16.09.2011 SCANDAL Asia Tour 2011 「Baby Action」
16.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
08.05.2015 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」 - Singapore

Join IDSH FB Group (PM me so I can accept you!) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/141565765907454/
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:42 am

Koide Namizo

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso..!!!

gunnersforlife wrote:I just wanna ask, how did you buy the ticket for the concert?? is it sold online??

owh no...I know what will YUH do gunner-boy...I know YUH..I know YUH...bring me with YUH!!! .waaa.

btw eugene-boy...how big is Mami's hand??XXDDDDDD

Heso...!!!

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Newsiggy
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Z
Hehee SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Koidi Hehee
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Terriermon15
SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Shp
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 pm

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
EUGENE IS A LEGEND! :onionrider:

...and definitely not a bastard haha.

thanks for sharing your experiences and helping us to feel a part of the whole thing. i hope in the future we can all have experiences like this of our own.. and who knows one day maybe enough people will have such amazing stories that a thread dedicated solely to sharing them will need to be made!

@mc LOL at the super-glue idea!

and yeah i noticed it was an auditorium but thats cool too.. a mosh pit type thing woulda been sickkk

and to touch TIMO's hand Onion Love
one day... one day.

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:53 am

Limerence

Limerence

Caless Student
Caless Student
it's weird though,
Mami has the softest hands among the 4 even though she's the lead guitar .sweat.

my ticket
Spoiler:

the queue, I think this was taken around 2pm
Spoiler:

after the concert .wew. (too bad can't get photos while the concert is on session)
Spoiler:

I also bought the Temptation Box even though I can't get the actual album, just for the sake of shaking hands with them .balloon.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Limerence on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:23 am; edited 3 times in total

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Rinasig
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:18 am

ramadhan

ramadhan

Caless Student
Caless Student
waaaww! .wow.
It is my desire that experience! great experience!
thanks for sharing! .clap.
you make me envy.. .toj. hahahahah .common.

yeah, how do you get the ticket?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:20 am

Limerence

Limerence

Caless Student
Caless Student
bought mine through internet via HKticketing .balloon.

SCANDAL Live in HK 2010 review Rinasig
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.