Muse [Page 1 of 1]

Muse
Posted Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:29 pm

spaceranger

spaceranger

Caless Student
Caless Student
My first post ever here on SH so sorry if I did something wrong Sad

Muse is a three-man progressive rock band from Britain. They're widely popular in Europe, and they're also gaining a following here in Asia (mostly due to their songs being featured on Twilight - no comment hahaha). Their trademark is Matthew Bellamy's (Singer/Guitarist) insane falsettos and creative guitar work (and not to forget insane live guitar solo improvs), Chris' (bassist) distorted solid bass lines and Dom's (drummers) intense drum arrangements. They also use synthesizers in their gigs/concerts, and lots and lots of effects, from a modified Kaoss pad in Matt's guitar to vocoders.

Anyway, enough technical talk. They have no "solid" genre designation, they tend to experiment much with their music. From the System of a Down inspired song "Stockholm Syndrome" to the anthem "Starlight", they are very versatile. Some songs you'll find interesting, for first time listeners, are Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, The Resistance, Hysteria, Bliss, Map of the Problematique, The Resistance.

And yeah, they are considered as one of the best live bands in the world :D Next to SCANDAL, this must be my second favorite. Give 'em a try, you might just like them Happy

Any Muse fans here?

Back to top Go down

Re: Muse
Posted Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:24 pm

mikan

mikan

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://mikanhannille.com/
One here!! Hysteria being my fave. I was a little obssesed with the bassline before. xD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:36 pm

ayaju

ayaju

International Performer
International Performer
i loooveee muse :D

i like all song but new born and uprising are my fave songs XD

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:07 am

spaceranger

spaceranger

Caless Student
Caless Student
@mikan - i love that bassline as well :D
@ayaju - new born! insane live solos Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Angelus

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hey, a Muse topic. I have to answer.

I really love their 3 first albums (I don't count Hullabaloo, it's just a complitation of some -good- B-faces and a live), like Black hole an revelations and Resistance... My ears make resistance to it. I'd like they'll come back to their beginning style but I don't think they'll do.

As spaceranger said, it's a amazing band in live. I saw them in a festival and it was just crazy. I lost my glasses during the second song (new born) xD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:06 pm

AndyWorck

AndyWorck

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AndyWorck
Huh, this topic was inactive for a long time...anyway Muse fan here ><
Hope there's more of us and they only couldn't find this topic : )

I adore them because every their album is unique and Matt Bellamy is genius songwriter and pianist and guitarist. I've been really addicted to them since 2012.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I believe Muse's music classifies as progressive rock. I highly recommend their 2001 album The Origin of Symmetry.

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:14 am

MamiFabHair

MamiFabHair

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love Muse since I was in 7th grader (The Resistance-era 2009), their sound in that album is so rich, and then I found Origin of Symmetry, it had prog-rock music in it. They blew me away with their sound.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Timo-chaaann~ Mami-chaaann~ [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.