You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

[DISBANDED] School Food Punishment
Posted Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:35 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
From left to right: Hideaki Yamazaki(Bass), Yumi Uchimura(Guitar, Vocals & Lyrics), Osamu Hidai(Drums), Masayuki Hasuo(Keyboard)

I would like to present to the SH community, School Food Punishment! I heard about these guys when I was watching the anime Eden of the East. I love this band for their unique, different, and cool sound, especially the bass and keyboard parts. This was my favourite Japanese band until SCANDAL came along. [=3
Wikipedia Info
generasia Info
PV's on JpopAsia

So far in 2010, they have released their fifth single, future nova/after laughter in March and their first full album, amp-reflection, in April. On May 11, 2011, SFP will be releasing their next single titled RPG. The DVD version of the single will also include the PV to RPG. RPG will be the ending song to the anime [C].
NEWS:
A new single called, "How to go", will be released on December 7, 2011. "How to go" is the opening theme song for the anime, UN-GO. This will be the third time SFP has done a theme song for a noitaminA anime series (the previous two were Eden of the East and [C] ). As usual, there will be a DVD version that includes the How to go PV.

You can find more info about SFP on their official website(in Japanese): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Interview which includes where they came up with the band name: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Myspace: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BROKEN
Twitter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BROKEN
Yumi's Blog(occasional updates): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] BROKEN

One of their PVs:
450,000+ views and growing!

School Food Punishment & SCANDAL similarities?!
  • Both bands have signed to Sony's EPIC label
  • Both bands have attended France's Japan Expo. SCANDAL in 2008, School Food Punishment in 2009
  • Both bands appear on JUDY AND MARY's 15th Anniversary Album. SCANDAL is track #8, SFP is track #6
  • Both bands have done songs for animes
    (SCANDAL: Bleach, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and in 2011, Star Driver and Tofu Kozo.
    SFP has done a total of 3 songs for Eden of the East; 1 for the anime series and 1 song each for the two Eden of the East movies. The single RPG will be used in the anime [C]. And lastly, their winter 2011 release, How to go, is the theme song for UN-GO)
  • Back in February of 2010, SCANDAL and school food punishment actually had lunch together! Uwah!
    Here's a picture of Rina and Yumi from Rina's blog post. According to Rina, the two bands are good friends!
So what do you guys think? Comments and questions are appreciated!

Last edited by Lexian on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:17 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated links and info about new single.)

Back to top Go down
Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee

Their new song is great!! I love it!! Nice one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
alrick13

alrick13

Love their new album "Progroid"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down
Lexian

Lexian

Latest new involving School Food Punishment!

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

NEW SINGLE UPDATE: "How to go"
Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 am

Lexian

Lexian

Fall/Winter School Food Punishment update! Yeah, they dropped the lower-casing in their name when RPG came out. Oh well.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A new single called, "How to go", will be released on December 7th.
"How to go" is the opening theme song for the anime, UN-GO.
This will be the third time SFP has done a theme song for a noitaminA anime series (the previous two were Eden of the East and [C] ).

Here's the video:
Post PV remarks:
Lovely song, kinda-weird video. I hope SFP continue to produce great (imo) music and videos!

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

2 Words that I don't like Hearing from Bands
Posted Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:21 pm

Lexian

Lexian

INDEFINITE HIATUS.

Starting February 1, School Food Punishment will be on indefinite hiatus (meaning they're taking a break from their music work for an undisclosed amount of time; so basically, whenever they feel like coming back).
Fans can follow them on their twitter accounts for gradual updates about the band and the individual members.

Twitter Accounts:
Band Info (Official)
@SFP_Info

Yumi Uchimura (Vocals, Guitar, Lyrics)
@YUMI_UCMR

Hideaki Yamasaki (Bass)
@yamasakiBass

Osamu Hidai (Drums)
@hidaiosamu

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

RIP SFP 2004 - 2012
Posted Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 pm

Lexian

Lexian

DISBANDED.
Bucket List Entry #23: Go see School Food Punishment live.

On June 11th, SFP has announced that they have disbanded as a group. This comes after the revealing fact that their vocalist, Yumi Uchimura decided to leave the band to pursue different opportunities in her music career and see where her life will lead her next. The group was on hiatus (took a break) since February 2012.

To be completely honest, I'm gonna really miss this band. SFP and SCANDAL were my two first j-pop/rock bands that I listened and really dug into. I became a fan of a few animes(Eden,Un-Go,[C]) because of their work on Opening/Ending themes. They had such a entertaining and mesmerizing sound that was fantastic.

Some of the members are semi-active on twitter; their name-tags are included in previous posts.

I hope to see the members, especially Yumi, pop up again in the j-music world someday.

Detailed Info and Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
CANTA Swing

Back to top Go down
Jibba

Jibba

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.youtube.com/user/xJibba?feature=mhee
Pretty sad news~
I loved their style of music, it was so distinct and awesome
Wish them all the best in their future pursuits!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Mewithoutyou93

Mewithoutyou93

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab328/discopix-14/img09112423
I really love this band. It's just sad that they broke up. Sad

Back to top Go down

Izayama33

Caless Student
Caless Student
Huh, that sucks! But, I think it went something like this:

Record executive.(RE): Hey, yumi congrats on you latest single!
Yumi(Y): ah, thanks! The band really worked hard on this so im happy! Happy
RE: so uh, are you intersted in some new projects?
Y: like what? Happy
RE: oh I dunno, like a solo album, modeling, voice work, and or commercials
Y: Um I don't know...
RE: You'll be big, and you'll see the world!
Y: um...but what about the guys? :/
RE: no worries they'll be fine, Oh did I mention you'll get a $XXXXXX.XX signing bonus!
Y: yea they'll be ok, where do I stamp!!!
RE: hehehe, feelsgood.jpg

Reminds me of the manga Seishun Pop!

"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties." - Erich Fromm

"...One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." - Nikola Tesla
Back to top Go down
Lexian

Lexian

Yeah, they'll be okay, where do I stamp just give me my monies!!!
That's a bit offensive.
You honestly think she just willingly sold herself out towards modeling/seiyuu work for more money?
I understand that it's always a possibility, but the way you made up that scenario is a little exaggerated.
Tokyohive, jpopasia, and few other j-music news sites have reported that she just wants to explore other musical opportunities while not "polishing" SFP too much to the point where their work has become overdone. To do so, she had to leave.
Everyone so far has been disappointed (but sincerely hopeful for the future of all members) regarding the break up and you reference their split with some manga? How rude.

Back to top Go down

Izayama33

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Lexian: I guess humor isn't your forte, it was meant as a light hearted satire on how the industry likes to breakup bands to exploit a new possible ventures for profits.
In reality they or her had a pressing issue that had to be dealt with(they may not want to talk about it publicly) and there wasnt a certainty that the band could be carried on in the immediate future(hopefully it isn't the case). But as you stated from your "sources", she just wanted to venture in other music related opportunities...no one knows...but them and only them.

Now back to my(paid) commissions.

"Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties." - Erich Fromm

"...One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." - Nikola Tesla
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum