Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:22 pm

MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I've seen a lot of SCANDAL quotes in signatures, so I thought I could make this. I remember in the Temptation Box Documentary, Mami said she couldn't live without playing her guitar. I can't do an exact quote because I'm too lazy to go through all the seperate parts of the Documentary on Youtube Nice one  I've seen maybe 3 signatures with Tomo saying 'You smell good' or something funny. Rather it's a funny quote or a serious quote of any of the members... You can post it here .uhuh.  I'm also working on a SCANDAL notebook,and I'm putting their quotes in it .dance.

Last edited by MamiSoul on Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Quotes
Posted Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:49 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
HARUNA : "The future was bright so I was smiling" [About why she didn't cry at Osaka Jo Hall]

HARUNA : "When I want to cry I cry"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
SCANDAL Quotes Scanda11
SCANDAL Quotes Tumblr_m8hxsdMBUo1qc33klo1_500
SCANDAL Quotes Tumblr_m8xt4116ho1qibdaao1_500

Spoiler:
not sure if Haru said this XD

SCANDAL Quotes Tumblr_mpgk0umVYr1r2jad1o1_500
SCANDAL Quotes Tumblr_mcl7su58EW1qibdaao1_500

Last edited by hapihapi on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
SCANDAL Quotes Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:12 pm

skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Umm... can I ask about a quote's source in this thread? because there's this quote, supposedly from RINA of which I'm quite curious about the source (is it from the blog, or maybe a video?):
"Not having an ability doesn't make you powerless"

SCANDAL Quotes Sca_si11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:00 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

skywing-SM wrote:Umm... can I ask about a quote's source in this thread? because there's this quote, supposedly from RINA of which I'm quite curious about the source (is it from the blog, or maybe a video?):
"Not having an ability doesn't make you powerless"
i think i read this somewhere
maybe it's from a blog

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:08 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

@skywing-SM: I translated that line. I'm pretty sure it is from a past blog, but I've translated so many that I have no idea which one. I feel like it might be from 2011, though.

And this is not a quote from any of them, and the second line on this has terrible grammar because it was translated badly. It should be more like, "It would be the same as losing my breath."

SCANDAL Quotes 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:35 pm

skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@skywing-SM: I translated that line. I'm pretty sure it is from a past blog, but I've translated so many that I have no idea which one. I feel like it might be from 2011, though.
hapihapi wrote:i think i read this somewhere
maybe it's from a blog
Thank you. this is what I was looking for. I was quite unsure because the search function didn't find anything, and there's too much blogs too look. But this makes me sure now, haha

SCANDAL Quotes Sca_si11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:17 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@skywing-SM: I translated that line. I'm pretty sure it is from a past blog, but I've translated so many that I have no idea which one. I feel like it might be from 2011, though.

And this is not a quote from any of them, and the second line on this has terrible grammar because it was translated badly. It should be more like, "It would be the same as losing my breath."
o i c

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
SCANDAL Quotes Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:17 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The quotes I found from reading their blogs are pretty long aha. I just found them so inspirational. 

"Crying, laughing, and scolding while rubbing heavy eyelids every morning. Commuting the same way and sitting in your seat. Frantically writing down in your notebook things you don't know that might be useful one day and spending years following rules. The meaning and answers follow afterward." - Rina's blog (really helps me through school)

"The things you like,  
the things you want to do, 
whatever anyone says, don't let it stop you. 
I want you to do them. 
Things you're not interested in,
The things that don't suit you. 
Even in this unknowing world, 
If a chance comes by, I want you to jump in. 
I want you to love your family, friends, and lovers that are by your side. 

I think whatever follows is ok." - Rina's blog

"I don't know the meaning of music, 
Only the sound of it." - Rina

"No matter what kind of sadness happens today, 
You can make your own happiness tomorrow. 
It makes no difference in the number of tears, 
The amount of happiness is up to you." - Rina

"If you learn more, study more, but move less, nothing will change." - Rina 

"It's a part of my life and if I don't play my guitar, I can't go on." - Mami (the one you mentioned)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:12 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Tomomi : "When I'm nervous, I always eat! I can't stop eating!" :D From NHK Documentary 2012

SCANDAL Quotes Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm going to bump this thread :D

"I think music is a very peaceful being. Even though some countries are on bad terms with each other, just by talking with, "Oh, that song is good," they'd say, "Oh, what! You're a nice guy." Such a scene will happen, I think. If we can bring a very small opportunity like that, I think it will be very wonderful."
        - TOMOMI

""I'm already aware of what I'm like," I need to stop with those excuses." - RINA (Burn Lyrics)

"So I thought of what I could do to have you all pleased... It is to stand here, like this, and continue as a band. Though I don't know what it will bring for all of you, if you will think about us just a little, I can keep alive only sustained by it, I thought." - TOMOMI (Osaka-Jo Hall) 

"We're not playing lives for the sake of recording them or publicity." - RINA (most recent blog 2014 :p )

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:32 am

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sometimes I think we are singing and performing for the sake of money-making. which I don't like. -HARUNA

SCANDAL Quotes VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:01 pm

EyE_uttarothai

EyE_uttarothai

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
alviners999 wrote:Sometimes I think we are singing and performing for the sake of money-making. which I don't like. -HARUNA

may i ask that where is this from .sweat.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
EyE_uttarothai wrote:
alviners999 wrote:Sometimes I think we are singing and performing for the sake of money-making. which I don't like. -HARUNA

may i ask that where is this from .sweat.
^ same here .sweat.

SCANDAL Quotes Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:33 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
That's a weird quote to post in this topic out of the blue with absolutely no context. :/

For those wondering, it's from the NHK documentary.

SCANDAL Quotes 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:47 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

I don't understand why it is weird, it shows how Haruna is not focused on the money-making music industry and that she doesn't like to play just for that but rather because she loves to play music and be part of a band; that's a good and meaningful quote!<3

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:59 am

Crei

Crei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
+1up for Yuffie! well said. that sums it up.

sorry just revisited this now.(should have followed this thread)

SCANDAL Quotes VbIpsX2
Back to top Go down
Mistereinspruch

Mistereinspruch

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi everyone,

A while ago, I came across an interesting quote from a SH member. He or she listed the lessons he or she learned from SCANDAL (in the signature eara). Each individual member was addressed, leading towards a conclusive lesson. The statement resonated with my own thoughts about the band and it seems a perfect quote for my master's thesis. Unfortunately, I did not write down the statement and who had written it.

If you remember this quote and its author, could you inform me? Thanks in advance.

SCANDAL Quotes 2xNUTXn
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:59 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
"BOOM PANES!!"
---- Haruna Ono (Manila, Philippines 6/24/2018)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:30 pm

Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
These are some random quotes from them over the years that have cracked me up, though they're probably funnier with full context  SCANDAL Quotes 1f602 

-------

Mami:"Play nothing but E chords!"
When asked by a cover band guitarist how to play accurately. Think this was in 2018 or 2019?

Tomomi: "Back when we first stopped wearing uniforms, we probably never thought we'd be wearing them again ten years later now."
Honey tour Hong Kong 2018 interview (they were all wearing matching pink outfits from their Feedback brand)

Tomomi:"I remember I waited Haruna for a loooong time. Why? She was making a teddy bear. Do you still have it?"
Haruna: "Umm maybe somewhere."
Tomomi: "Too bad."
Hello World Tour 2015, Anaheim, in English

Rina:"We also went to Universal Studio. Because I love Jurassic Park. I bought a huge T-rex and I carried everywhere. But one day, he was broken. I'm so so sad."
Hello World Tour 2015, Anaheim, in English

Mami:"I feel uneasy. We will have to practise every night."
if Haruna plays drums and Mami plays bass for Scandal
Hello World Tour 2015 Hong Kong interview

Rina:"I was taught it's dangerous to throw your phone without erasing data, but I didn't know how to erase the data, so I broke my phone with a hammer."
Melodix interview from 2014 I think 

Haruna:"Rumours like these are probably because of Rina."
After being asked on a talkshow about rumours there are romantic relationships within the band in 2012

Mami: "When I heard that, my heart melted. I felt like I could die a happy girl."
After hearing that one of her idols Kanyon from SMILEAGE gave a shout-out to Scandal on TV in 2011

Mami: "I'm going to sleep with this."
After receiving a handwritten note from her other idol Sayumi Michishige in 2011

Tomomi:"Difficult."
When describing playing the bass
AFA 2009 or 2010, in English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.