You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:14 am

MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Have you noticed something about a SCANDAL member or SCANDAL? Do you especially like something about them? O 3O  Just post it here! ^-^ It doesn't only have to be one thing... I'll start Nice one   I noticed that Mami sometimes bobs her head to the rythm. So post something you noticed or especially like about SCANDAL or a SCANDAL member Peace Onion

Last edited by MamiSoul on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I had a typo in the title -.-)

Back to top Go down

Re: Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL
Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:14 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Hmm... I noticed that Haru almost always wears a bracelet composed of beads on her left hand, just recently. She wore this in their Osaka-jo Hall live, Rock in Japan 2013, Mezamashi 2013 and their live in Grand Front Osaka, to name a few. Also, her teeth are getting more aligned as of late. Good thing she isn't that uncomfortable to smile now unlike when she first wore those retainers. She'd make a good narrator too.

For Tomo, I noticed that she wears a ring on her right small finger, but she isn't wearing it anymore since their promotion of ENCORE SHOW. Also, her hair almost always covers her eyes/face when it's not tied up. I wonder how she deals with it.

For Rina, well, a lot have already noticed this, she throws her drumsticks. And when she speaks, she often begins with "Ano..." or she frequently pauses while speaking. She's also very competitive, at which is an opposite to Haru's somewhat noncompetitive nature. But serious Haru is serious! .uhuh. 

For Mami, lately she's been improving her showmanship. And lately, since Budokan I guess, she's bowing to the audience before the start of a live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:20 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Both guitarists almost only use the bridge pickups exclusively. Except Mami use the neck pickup for the guitar fill in of "Sayonara my Friend" live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I noticed that Mami seems to have the most diverse expressions. I realized after watching the PV for Namida no Regret and noticing it in their lives. It can also be seen in the DOLL PV, in the scene where the four of them are expressing their frustration. 
I think she'd be great at acting :p

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:43 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It's quite interesting even after so long and after spending so much time together

that the 4 of them still maintain 4 different, distinct ways of speaking.

Learning Japanese, useful in many, many ways Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I noticed that MAMI always has open mouth when is playing lives Hohoho Onion and i adore it Happy Onion

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:35 am

~SkyDarks

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mitchan~ wrote:I noticed that MAMI always has open mouth when is playing lives Hohoho Onion and i adore it Happy Onion
Hahaha, that's true! I noticed it too!

Well, I noticed that, Haruna's MC, are similar to each other... I mean, all Haru's MC have the same structure...

In Mami (and Timo), I noticed that when they don't sing in a song, they always place in front of the other...

And like Mami, Rina also shakes the head...

Mami's skills has improved also, just watch everybody say yeah at OJH!

And in Timo and Haru, both have curved arms...

And Mami has two beauty marks, one in every cheek! .love.

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL HDaPm8d
"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:36 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't want to sound stalker-ish but this is just what I've observed about MAMI XD Yes, I'm still infatuated with her :3

She's.. a free spirit but reserved? She's mother-like (as described by the members) but goofy/eccentric. She seems like the type to do whatever she wants but she also works so hard (I noticed recently when I watch her guitar solos and when she gets all serious). Rina also said that she's surprisingly secretive. I just find that Mami is a very interesting... person. Aha very interesting indeed. I'd love to get to know her. It's kind of easy to understand Haru (even her complicated ways of thinking), Timo, and Rina, but Mami is like another world to me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:49 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I've noticed that Rina has this particular facial expression that she does during shows where she cocks her head to the side and smiles. She does it randomly, which is why I noticed it - it never seems tied to a relevant part of a song. She'll just be playing along, then suddenly put her head sideways and smile really wide. Kind of like this: .hi. 

I've noticed that Mami intentionally tries to get her pony tail to fly straight over the top of her head when she's playing. I think she must like the way it looks when she's seen it on video. If she doesn't get it on the first try, she tries again, bobbing her head harder the next time.

It seems like Haruna and Mami have gotten closer recently. They seem more similar now than they used to be and I often see them sitting or standing together and talking now, and of course they wrote Hachigatsu together. I don't remember that as much in the past. I like to see the two guitarists being close.

Haruna still *really* likes to dance. Outside of the MC's, the only times during a show when you can rely on her to smile is when she's dancing, either by herself or in synchronized choreography. Then she almost always has a huge smile on her face.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:58 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I noticed that about RINA, for me it's the RINA move xD It's nice =)

Now I have to pay attention to MAMI's ponytail after what you said!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:08 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Now I have to pay attention to MAMI's ponytail after what you said!
You can see her do it a bunch of times during the Girls' Factory 13 performance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqxAHLYF41g

I just watched a bit of "24 Jikan" at the beginning of that and saw her do it 3 or 4 times. She loves to whip that thing around, but she really seems to like to whip it straight up and have it fall down over her head.

Most videos don't focus on her so you don't see how much she really does it, it's like all the time if she's into a song Happy

I also noticed while watching a couple videos now and thinking back over the past couple years, the rest of them all like to do the opposite, they let their hair totally fall down over their faces and then whip it backwards so it goes flying straight up. That kind of thing looks awesome if you can catch it in a still photo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:56 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've noticed that about Mami's ponytail as well! I mostly noticed the hair flipping thing from Tomomi, especially since she likes to keep her hair all over her face aha which I think is incredibly hot awesome. 

I also noticed that Rina lifts her right shoulder and snaps her head to the left when she hits the high hat sometimes at a certain part of a song. I guess that's what the earlier comment meant about her cocking her head? 

About Haruna - her first dream included dancing and she's been dancing so long so I don't think she'll ever stop loving dance. I think it's in her bones to dance XD I noticed that about her too - especially when I watched their earlier vids and she was asked to dance. Even for Taiyou Scandalous XD I'd love to see her actually perform a cool choreographed dance (without their instruments). source? I'm like that too Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Just watched the video, not sure if she really want to do that exactly or is just rocking and moves her head/ponytail. Gonna pay attention in other videos but I guess you are right, must be "habit/style" she likes to do.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:05 am

harunaonoofsukyandaru71

harunaonoofsukyandaru71

Caless Student
Caless Student
i only noticed Haru's teeth .shy. retainers

.happy.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:57 pm

lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami's voice when she sings the main melody and when she's harmonizing is soo different. (at least to me). Her lead vocal voice sounds more like her talking voice while her harmonizing voice is soft :3

also, i realise Tomo always makes a cute pose in any photo she's in .happy.

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL Second_zps9a1d7466
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
When Haruna ends MC she always says "Saikou ni yoru deshou ne" (I think i wrote correctly)

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:52 am

ashkie_mami

ashkie_mami

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/ashkieMai_Chan
Mami is so awsome when she's harmonizing with Haruna and Tomomi ....they so lovely...

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL RV9kkiW
                                                    ♫ "Life is a waste when you're all alone 
                                     My smiles and tears shine brighter because I have you" ♫ 
                                                                -Everybody Say Yeah!
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:54 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I noticed that Tomomi (starting this year maybe?) has been tapping the ground with her toe during lives. I thought it was a pretty chic move aha You can see it in their Awanai PV too. More like kicking the ground when the energy goes up aha

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:13 am

harunaonoofsukyandaru71

harunaonoofsukyandaru71

Caless Student
Caless Student
Haru's twitching eyebrows when she sings. .hmmm.

.happy.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:29 am

LAKAME_MAN

LAKAME_MAN

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm no Japanese expert, but I feel like Rina has the strongest accent.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:02 am

ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
harunaonoofsukyandaru71 wrote:Haru's twitching eyebrows when she sings. .hmmm.

I've noticed this too.. Sometimes Haru's eyebrows never stand still when she's singing.. it's so cute actually!!!  .love. 

Hmmm I think what I noticed about them is that both Rina and Tomomi wear girlier types of clothing.. While Haru has a laidback kinda punk-ish type of clothing.. I think she really likes jackets and long sleeves...  .smile. While Mami kinda has this cool, funky avant garde-ish fashion... that only she can pull! coz' she's that awesome!

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:58 am

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i watch a few videos of them dancing and it seems to me that Rina's dancing .... .sweat. 
if u know wat i mean.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:30 pm

edcamel

Caless Student
Caless Student
kenzo9 wrote:i watch a few videos of them dancing and it seems to me that Rina's dancing .... .sweat. 
if u know wat i mean.

I think Rina is not that good at dancing, and I guess that was the reason a teacher in Caless suggested her to quit - Rina has talked about it in their NHK documentary.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:15 pm

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
edcamel wrote:
kenzo9 wrote:i watch a few videos of them dancing and it seems to me that Rina's dancing .... .sweat. 
if u know wat i mean.

I think Rina is not that good at dancing, and I guess that was the reason a teacher in Caless suggested her to quit - Rina has talked about it in their NHK documentary.

I could be mistaken, but from what I remember, she had already picked up the drums when some teacher told her it would be better to quit. Probably because she was having a hard time learning how to play the drums. And since she joined the band last, she had to catch up the others in terms of mastering her instrument.

I have watched her talk about this period several time in various documentaries or interviews and it seems to me that it was the first major challenge of her young life. And the fact that she overcame it made her proud of herself and cemented her position in the band. She did not want to be the weakest link and get kicked out, and she fought hard.

And I think she has every right to be proud, just by looking at her playing out of her mind on stage, I think she's a kickass drummer.

Little off topic, sorry :-)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:25 pm

katheriine

katheriine

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haru has a habit of fixing her hair?

Things You Have Noticed About SCANDAL Mami10

There is no life without music
STANDARD