Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」
Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:02 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
saldiven wrote:Any idea what time they would normally start playing.

I'm thinking worst case scenario in case I have to work part of the day before flying up there. I know a lot of tours in the USA will often start playing pretty late, but some of the things I've read about bands in Japan indicate they start playing relatively early by US club standards.

I don't think it depends on the act. Since this is being put on by a convention, I think the con would try scheduling it to their needs. But, seeing as it will be held at an actual venue, it might start around a normal concert time such as 7-8 pm.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:11 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ok, thanks. I appreciate the info.

Most of the shows I have gone to see in the last...several years have been things like blues bands at the stereotypical dive-club where the show doesn't start until 10:00PM. (example: http://www.northsidetavern.com/)

(Considering how rarely I ask for time off, I'll be so incredibly bent if I can't get the 15th off. I'd need to be on the plane by 3:00PM to get to O'Hare by 5:00PM. But, O'Hare is walking distance, maybe a mile, away from the convention center, if Google Maps is correct, so plenty of time to get to the venue.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:35 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
saldiven wrote:Ok, thanks. I appreciate the info.

Most of the shows I have gone to see in the last...several years have been things like blues bands at the stereotypical dive-club where the show doesn't start until 10:00PM. (example: http://www.northsidetavern.com/)

(Considering how rarely I ask for time off, I'll be so incredibly bent if I can't get the 15th off. I'd need to be on the plane by 3:00PM to get to O'Hare by 5:00PM. But, O'Hare is walking distance, maybe a mile, away from the convention center, if Google Maps is correct, so plenty of time to get to the venue.)

Don't walk! Take the Blue Line (the L, Chicago's rapid transit system) one stop from O'Hare to Rosemont. From there, it's a short walk to the convention center. That area is full of freeways, and you can't along a direct path. I checked Google Maps and it was over an hour and a half walking.

Anyway, I'm glad something for the US has finally been announced. Hopefully I'm done with my TA duties this semester in time to make it to Chicago. It would be cool to check out a new anime convention as well.

It's kinda sad that we had to find out about this by checking the convention's website, though. I wish the band would announce something official already!

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:38 am

danlexia

danlexia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalinthehouse.tumblr.com/
SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 “HELLO WORLD” - México

El concierto será el próximo 20 de Mayo en punto de las 8:00 pm como parte de su SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 “HELLO WORLD” en El Plaza Condesa (http://www.elplaza.mx/)

Boletos para SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 “HELLO WORLD”
$400 Entrada general en pista
$500 Lugar reservado con asiento en el segundo piso
$1,500 Boletos VIP que incluyen lugar preferencial en primera fila y Meet and Greet a realizare el 20 de Mayo a las 5:00 pm en punto.
Los boletos estarán disponibles a finales de Enero en las Taquillas del inmueble El Plaza Condesa y el sistema Ticketmaster.

The concert will be on May 20th at 8:00pm, as part as their tour: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 “HELLO WORLD” at El Plaza Condesa (http://www.elplaza.mx/)
Tickets for SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 “HELLO WORLD”
(Mexican pesos)$400 General admission at floor.
(Mexican pesos)$500 Reserved seat at second floor.
(Mexican pesos)$1,500 VIP tickets, which include preferential place at first row and Meet and Greet, which will take place on May 20th at 5:00pm sharp.
The tickets will be available later in January at the venue or through Ticketmaster.

https://www.facebook.com/LoveJapanMx/photos/a.691772267579446.1073741828.688228454600494/766963030060369/?type=1&permPage=1

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 Sca_he10

5.20 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City 4.27 / 4.28 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Orix Theater, Osaka 5.11 / 5.12 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo 9.14 SCANDAL US & MEXICO TOUR 2018「SPECIAL THANKS」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- YOYO Palais de Tokyo, Paris TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- O2 Academy Islington, London
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:42 am

Mich Acevedo

Mich Acevedo

Caless Student
Caless Student
Still no news about LA Sad CANTA Cry

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:12 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
saldiven wrote:(Considering how rarely I ask for time off, I'll be so incredibly bent if I can't get the 15th off. I'd need to be on the plane by 3:00PM to get to O'Hare by 5:00PM. But, O'Hare is walking distance, maybe a mile, away from the convention center, if Google Maps is correct, so plenty of time to get to the venue.)

Just take a cab, buddy. More than two miles of distance is way too far to walk specially if when you're in a hurry.

Anyway, we have already bought priority tickets for the Hong Kong leg. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:40 am

danlexia

danlexia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalinthehouse.tumblr.com/
SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 Screen12
So they are going to California after Mexico.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 Sca_he10

5.20 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City 4.27 / 4.28 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Orix Theater, Osaka 5.11 / 5.12 SCANDAL TOUR 2018「HONEY」- Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo 9.14 SCANDAL US & MEXICO TOUR 2018「SPECIAL THANKS」- El Plaza Condesa, Mexico City TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- YOYO Palais de Tokyo, Paris TBA SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 「Kiss from the darkness」- O2 Academy Islington, London
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:39 am

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
They've just updated their official FB page and LA's confirmed! grats to those in Mexico too!

Additional performances in US and Mexico

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
2 LA shows and no New York show as of yet. It'll still be a shame if they don't head off to New York but, anyway congrats to those in LA and Chicago~! It's about time they announced some, if not all, the U.S shows.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:14 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
Well . . . the dream is dead . . . I wish all you fine people good luck in all your endeavors!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:49 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
ugghh only singapore still left unannounced. was hoping all the remaining ones would be announced together :/

weird though, that they would be performing in anaheim as well, considering that LA and anaheim are practically next door neighbours. OK my sense of distance is pretty warped considering I live on an island that I can cross in an hour by train (and also to mention I last visited the two places 17 years ago), but on the map it doesn't seem particularly far apart. If they were already planning 2 shows in LA to begin with, wouldn't it be easier in terms of logistics, planning and cost to do both at the same venue? maybe they're going to anaheim because they wanted to visit disneyland lol.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:01 pm

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
metalleo wrote:ugghh only singapore still left unannounced. was hoping all the remaining ones would be announced together :/

weird though, that they would be performing in anaheim as well, considering that LA and anaheim are practically next door neighbours. OK my sense of distance is pretty warped considering I live on an island that I can cross in an hour by train (and also to mention I last visited the two places 17 years ago), but on the map it doesn't seem particularly far apart. If they were already planning 2 shows in LA to begin with, wouldn't it be easier in terms of logistics, planning and cost to do both at the same venue? maybe they're going to anaheim because they wanted to visit disneyland lol.

the singapore isn't confirmed yet but they listed it so all that's left is the venue and the date for the tickets. they're probably gonna use the stadium for the show if they have a good amount of fans in singapore+malaysia.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:54 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
thelaughingman wrote:the singapore isn't confirmed yet but they listed it so all that's left is the venue and the date for the tickets. they're probably gonna use the stadium for the show if they have a good amount of fans in singapore+malaysia.

If you're talking about the national stadium I seriously hope it won't be there. Not sure if you've heard about this news over in Philippines, but during Jay Chou's concert there last month there was a whole fiasco over poor sound systems and in particular the retractable roof leaking while it was raining outside.

As much as I hope it would be somewhere like the Indoor Stadium, I doubt the organizers would think that they would be able to fill up the entire area to make it a viable option, especially considering how biased most organisers are towards Korean groups. Best bet if it were to be a proper theater would be the Hard Rock Coliseum at RWS or the Mastercard Theater at MBS. Perfume and ONE OK ROCK have both performed at RWS before, while I went to the a-nation Singapore concert at MBS and the overall experience was pretty good. 

I'm still praying it would be a weekend though, so that I don't have to apply for leave, though I'm not sure if coming from Germany to perform on 2nd/3rd May or performing on the 9th before doing their Taiwan live the next day would be a rush for them on either choice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:03 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Not one, but TWO lives at live house-sized venues here = best news ever. (☆▽☆)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

metalleo wrote:weird though, that they would be performing in anaheim as well, considering that LA and anaheim are practically next door neighbours. OK my sense of distance is pretty warped considering I live on an island that I can cross in an hour by train (and also to mention I last visited the two places 17 years ago), but on the map it doesn't seem particularly far apart. If they were already planning 2 shows in LA to begin with, wouldn't it be easier in terms of logistics, planning and cost to do both at the same venue? maybe they're going to anaheim because they wanted to visit disneyland lol.

It's quite common for even US acts to play at both House of Blues here instead of playing two nights at just one of them. Anaheim is about 40 minutes (on a good day)/35 miles/26 km away from LA, which really isn't that far if you take the freeway and drive there.

Also, perhaps they decided to play in Anaheim again because of the amazing time they had at the AM2 Convention in Anaheim in 2011, haha.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:08 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, we can get a $5 group discount if we can sign up with 20+ people by April 1st. If anyone wants to join our SH group, please make sure to let me know. I will be removing anyone who joins but does not inform me.

First you need to sign up for an account (please make sure your username on there is your SH username so I know who you are), then you can join the group. Once we get enough people, we can all pay for our badges individually.

http://www.acen.org/group/join

Group key: HELLO WORLD

I joined but how will we know when enough people have joined the group and we can get our badges?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:11 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
graftenberg wrote:I joined but how will we know when enough people have joined the group and we can get our badges?

Well, we need at least 20 people to qualify for the discount, so we need to hit at least that many people. I can e-mail/PM everyone when we get enough.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:34 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Currently, there are 14 signed up only the day after the group was started. I like to think we'll find 6 more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:49 pm

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
metalleo wrote:
thelaughingman wrote:the singapore isn't confirmed yet but they listed it so all that's left is the venue and the date for the tickets. they're probably gonna use the stadium for the show if they have a good amount of fans in singapore+malaysia.

If you're talking about the national stadium I seriously hope it won't be there. Not sure if you've heard about this news over in Philippines, but during Jay Chou's concert there last month there was a whole fiasco over poor sound systems and in particular the retractable roof leaking while it was raining outside.

As much as I hope it would be somewhere like the Indoor Stadium, I doubt the organizers would think that they would be able to fill up the entire area to make it a viable option, especially considering how biased most organisers are towards Korean groups. Best bet if it were to be a proper theater would be the Hard Rock Coliseum at RWS or the Mastercard Theater at MBS. Perfume and ONE OK ROCK have both performed at RWS before, while I went to the a-nation Singapore concert at MBS and the overall experience was pretty good. 

I'm still praying it would be a weekend though, so that I don't have to apply for leave, though I'm not sure if coming from Germany to perform on 2nd/3rd May or performing on the 9th before doing their Taiwan live the next day would be a rush for them on either choice.

It was ok when I went to the snsd concert at the national stadium. they only used about half the stadium and sold out about 8000~ tickets. I haven't been at the other concert venues yet but if they're newer, they're probably better. That must be a one time thing that happened on Jay Chou's concert.

I guess RWS is a possible option seeing you mentioned that One Ok Rock performed there.

SG has a good ticketing company so people won't have that much problem ordering one online when the tickets becomes available  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:58 pm

barron

barron

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://10nineteen.com
saldiven wrote:Currently, there are 14 signed up only the day after the group was started. I like to think we'll find 6 more.

Hi, can you explain what the "group" is? I am planning on coming to Los Angeles to see Scandal. Not sure which date (or both) yet.

-Barron

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:01 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
barron wrote:Hi, can you explain what the "group" is? I am planning on coming to Los Angeles to see Scandal. Not sure which date (or both) yet.

-Barron

This only applies to the Chicago show, not the So Cal ones. Basically, we need to get 20 people in our group in order to get a $5 discount on passes.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:54 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
thelaughingman wrote:It was ok when I went to the snsd concert at the national stadium. they only used about half the stadium and sold out about 8000~ tickets. I haven't been at the other concert venues yet but if they're newer, they're probably better. That must be a one time thing that happened on Jay Chou's concert.

I guess RWS is a possible option seeing you mentioned that One Ok Rock performed there.

SG has a good ticketing company so people won't have that much problem ordering one online when the tickets becomes available  Nice one

I think what you're talking about is the Indoor Stadium, which is the better one and right beside the National Stadium. The National Stadium has been closed for a number of years for reconstruction and only just reopened, and the Jay Chou concert was the first one to be held there (dumb decision since it's a sports stadium).

But now that you mention even SNSD had half of the Indoor Stadium to be closed (surprising given their popularity), I might have some slight hopes of seeing SCANDAL there, though I'm still not confident they can fill that out...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:03 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I kinda liked *SCAPE. I think even with standard tix and standing waaaay at the back still gives you a relatively good view due to the small size of the venue. I know this was 2 yrs ago, but the tix didn't sell out in 10 mins as I thought. I could've not stayed up (it's an 8-hr time difference for me) and still buy VIP tix when I woke up 7 hrs later!

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 - Page 20 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:09 pm

thelaughingman

thelaughingman

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
metalleo wrote:
thelaughingman wrote:It was ok when I went to the snsd concert at the national stadium. they only used about half the stadium and sold out about 8000~ tickets. I haven't been at the other concert venues yet but if they're newer, they're probably better. That must be a one time thing that happened on Jay Chou's concert.

I think what you're talking about is the Indoor Stadium, which is the better one and right beside the National Stadium. The National Stadium has been closed for a number of years for reconstruction and only just reopened, and the Jay Chou concert was the first one to be held there (dumb decision since it's a sports stadium).

But now that you mention even SNSD had half of the Indoor Stadium to be closed (surprising given their popularity), I might have some slight hopes of seeing SCANDAL there, though I'm still not confident they can fill that out...

Oh you're right. I forgot it was the indoor one. And yes, the sponsor probably thought they won't be able to sell out if they used the whole indoor stadium.

It's true that jrock/jpop isn't as big as kpop right now in SG but I think they can get 8k tickets sold out as long as they don't announce another concert on a neighboring country so fans would fly down to SG.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Blah. Well, my hopes are dashed. Guess I won't be seeing them again until at least my next visit to Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Chicago and California...

I'm going to have to save up a lot if I want to go Sad

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next