Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Re: [London] HELLO WORLD Tour
Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:25 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Fresh from the show - could somebody please blew up so called acoustic equipment in venue? Lot of girls effort wasted by it.
As for Scandal's performance per se - great work. Very lively. I was on Mami side, so I could see Tomomi only from time to time - even being not so short I couldn't see through the crowd. Sadly couldn't identify anyone from You lot, but maybe I will be on DVD - as I got caught by filming / interviewing crew Wink And I hope that girls will like sweets I gave some crew-member for them.
Now time to catch some sleep. Goodnight.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:36 pm

GC.

GC.

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
btgrave wrote:
GC. wrote:That was so awesome!!!!! A little disrespect from some people but other than that it was soooooo good!!! 
A little disappointed that I didn't get the hoodie cause I was £20 short and it seems the online store doesn't sell it Sad

Disrespect?
What did they do?
One thing that stood out for me was when Haruna was introducing Tomomi, Tomo was about to give her little speech but some people started chanting Rina. It made me feel bad for Tomo. Also there were 2 guys next to me and they were laughing and recording people in the crowd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:53 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes I saw Scandal 'live' for the first time tonight at the O2 Academy in Islington.
It seemed strange and exciting seeing them only a few feet away and I thought they were excellent Happy
But I did notice a lot of people taking pictures and videos even though they said it was not allowed.

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:07 am

hybrid3415

hybrid3415

Caless Student
Caless Student
Amazing night, it was great to meet some of you. 

I'm glad I got VIP as I finally had the chance to speak to the girls in my Osaka dialect. It must've been okay as Haruna laughed and thanked me. Mami liked my Pikachu T-shirt and squealed when I told her I had one for her in the gift bag. It was fairly well organised despite the late start. 

During the gig it seemed everyone respected the no photography rule and just enjoyed the show. I saw one or two people sneak a quick snap, but nothing that was distracting.

The set list was great, and the girls' English was fantastic (obviously reading from sheets on the floor, but the pronunciation was excellent) The sound became a little distorted during おやすみ as the backing track was overpowering the guitars. (Also Rina's guitar wasn't plugged in, but she still looks cute with a guitar) 

After the performance we hung around outside the rear entrance for an hour or so (roughly 25 people). We saw the girls one last time as they walked to their bus whilst waving to us (I got a video this time). 

Now I'm up bright and early ready to head over to the Japanese embassy to apply for my visa for my big move in September.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am

Mithguar

Mithguar

Caless Student
Caless Student
Don't feel bad for Tomo. Me and 2 other guys were chanting for her loud enough and I'm sure she noticed us.

Also highlight of the show: Haru laughing when Tomo and Mami got close to her at "love in action" xD

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:36 am

Bankai_Mami

Bankai_Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:It seemed strange and exciting seeing them only a few feet away and I thought they were excellent Happy

I agree with this. When they appeared for the high touch I was freaking out thinking "omg they are real". It's really weird to see them in real life. I feel Tomomi and Haruna were even more beautiful than I thought, and I always felt Haruna was the prettiest but she was surreal in real life. Mami was pretty much how I imagined her but it was still just crazy to see her in front of my eyes. And Rina was just a little different. When she talked to me it was insane.

@hybrid3415
I am really jealous of you! I said barely anything because I was so nervous but I did get a reaction and a lot of praise from Rina for my Japanese message on a Brighton postcard. I wish I had said at least something other than "konnichiwa" to Mami. At least I had a postcard to express myself lol.

@GC
Yeah there was a lot of annoying chanting at stupid times. I didn't quite notice them chanting Rina over Tomo though. I tried to make sure I was always chanting for whoever was working the crowd at the time. Tomo when she was dancing around and during Kan Biru, mami in solos, and singing parts and Hon wo yomu, haru when she was leaning over the stage, or reaching out or rallying the crowd and Rina all through Oyasumi and whenever she waved or spoke.

@Mithguar
That was very cute when Tomomi was leaning on Haru's shoulder and she was trying to push her off while laughing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:40 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I'd say props to the way b7klan did the hi-touch sesh.

For one, they didn't have like 200-300-odd VIP tix meaning last night's sesh was so not rushed (one of the guys overheard security mentioning there were 150 VIP tix holders for London). In Singapore, we were herded along and at most it was two seconds of arigatō/saikō da yo/etc. Yesterday, albeit it was brief, like what hybrid3415 alluded to, there was some degree of verbal interaction and response, not just a cold 'hi there' and off you go.

When I hi-5'ed, TIMO I just told her in Japanese with no preamble whatsoever, "Do you remember me?" (I know she wouldn't) but her response was beautiful because she did do a double take. To not hold up the queue, I told her "Singapore. 2013." (that time I asked her that SCANDAL should play the UK some day) which elicited a response from her and MAMI, who was listening to what I was saying to TIMO.

When I gave MAMI her present, there was even time to tell her that I have a "little something" for her to which she said thanks, and at this particular moment, it was RINA was going "WooooWW!" (I dunno whether because it was because of the gift or because I had a... err... Funassyi hand puppet holding the gift. Just don't ask. HAHAHAHA).

Way better than the rush job I experienced in 2013. Once again, superb VIP experience last night!

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:02 pm

ZinLP

ZinLP

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
One of the best live experiences I've had. My first Scandal live as well, I've waited since Sakura Goodbye to see them, but yesterday just blew my mind! 
I wish we had a chance to take a photo with them though, but seeing them was good enough!

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 Scanda11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:16 pm

hybrid3415

hybrid3415

Caless Student
Caless Student
Here's the short video we grabbed of them leaving the venue to get on their bus:

https://instagram.com/p/1-bKiNK0an/

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:30 pm

SconeEd

SconeEd

Caless Student
Caless Student
What a day yesterday was! Great performance by the girls, and a great setlist too, a decent mixture of old and new. I particularly liked "Oyasumi" and "Hon wo Yomu" where Rina and Mami took centre stage respectively.

My only bug bear was the size of the place and being right at the back of the venue. Perhaps I am spoilt by my nearest O2 Academy being able to handle bigger audience. Just a minor minus point for me though. I obviously should have got in the queue sooner and spent less time in the nearby bar.

I think the girls got a buzz from the crowd feedback and hopefully it will give them and their management company a nudge to look at further gigs in Europe in the not so distant future. My bessie mate certainly wants them to come back soon, he'd never heard of Scandal up till yesterday and now wants to borrow all my CD's and DVD's.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:30 am

Mithguar

Mithguar

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like shows in smaller venues... As Band gets more famous, you don't get many opportunities to be this close to them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I have to agree with Mithguar, I have been to many concerts and festivals and I prefer the small intimate venues where you can actually see them.
I was only about ten feet away from Tomomi   <3

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Artur

Artur

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500.gif
People, did u realize that Scandal was wearing in London the same clothes of the Tokyo concert???

TOKYO: 

LONDON:

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 1417805_823295224412948_3684582492779595769_o

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 11187351_823295094412961_5785316261852878750_o

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 11146432_823295151079622_5605348469581018147_o

Source: Electric Bloom Webzine

[London] HELLO WORLD Tour - Page 8 CWixsdO
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 am

Mithguar

Mithguar

Caless Student
Caless Student
Looking back... we had really strong chant team out there... I think we managed to make good noise all the way since they left the stage until encore...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:36 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah, until they played the Yoake 'REMIX' on the house PA. HAHAHAHA.

I was still reminiscing about the whole evening all day at work yesterday. 'til the next gig, then.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:35 am

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@Mithguar
I almost clapped my hands off helping You Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:28 am

hybrid3415

hybrid3415

Caless Student
Caless Student
The Japanese crowd look dead in that video by comparison to the noise we made. I don't think I could've jumped any higher for "Everybody say YEAH!"

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It was really a long time since I felt "depressed" for that long after a concert..
Luckily I don't have the money otherwise I would try to go to every gig, even the Japanese ones

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:13 pm

concretebadger

concretebadger

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://concretebadger.tumblr.com
I'm still getting the 'post-gig blues' too.  .toj.

I absolutely loved every minute of it. The only problem really was the fact that I was quite a way back, behind some very tall people who kept moving around so getting a good view of the band was tricky at times. That's a common problem for me though, so I just accept it as part of the experience.

The thing that impressed me most was the sound quality - the house PA was clear-sounding and whoever the sound engineer was, he or she got the levels of the different instruments just right. I've been to similarly sized gigs where the sound levels are 'off' or it's uncomfortably loud, so I'm glad that this one was so well set up. I guess it's a compromise with venues because the smaller places don't always have such well-balanced acoustics but you lose the cosy feeling when the room is larger.

Hopefully I'll be able to bring more friends next time, because I know of at least two or three people who would've enjoyed it if various Real Life commitments hadn't got in the way. If I can be won over by one concert, I'm sure they can work their magic on other people I know as  well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:18 pm

hybrid3415

hybrid3415

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry it's late, but here's my in depth experience of going to see Scandal and the hi-touch event in London:

http://seanbradley.tumblr.com/post/117716757792/scandal-london-26-04-15

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:34 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@hybrid3415

Being I was at the concert I agree with most of that Happy
But you should have joined us on the balcony, we had our own bar and toilets and seats.
I noticed you used a  friend's bootleg video ( not a SH member I hasten to add ) and you can see what a good view we had of the girls.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 pm

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
hybrid3415 wrote:Sorry it's late, but here's my in depth experience of going to see Scandal and the hi-touch event in London:

http://seanbradley.tumblr.com/post/117716757792/scandal-london-26-04-15

Very cool. Thanks for writing that.

Did you get to buy any of the merchandise? If so, how was the experience/way it was handled?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:28 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
btgrave wrote:Did you get to buy any of the merchandise? If so, how was the experience/way it was handled?

I know you are asking hybrid3415 this - my take on it was that they didn't bring enough of the red/green/yellow/blue tees. All sold out post-gig! Could've bought it before but I wanted to be in the front. Win some, lose some.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:
btgrave wrote:Did you get to buy any of the merchandise? If so, how was the experience/way it was handled?

I know you are asking hybrid3415 this - my take on it was that they didn't bring enough of the red/green/yellow/blue tees. All sold out post-gig! Could've bought it before but I wanted to be in the front. Win some, lose some.

They didn't have enough even pre-gig just a couple for each colour and all too small for me, and even some sizes for the black ones weren't available.
Probably it was what was left from Paris

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:48 am

hybrid3415

hybrid3415

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:@hybrid3415

Being I was at the concert I agree with most of that Happy
But you should have joined us on the balcony, we had our own bar and toilets and seats.
I noticed you used a  friend's bootleg video ( not a SH member I hasten to add ) and you can see what a good view we had of the girls.

I was literally at the front with one person in front of me, so I had a fantastic view. I also made Tomomi and Mami laugh a few times by waving frantically at them and pulling faces. >_<

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.