Now Recording!!
Theme:RINA

Now Recording!! - 2014-12-17 (RINA) VvTdTrR

Now Recording!! - 2014-12-17 (RINA) F1Z4AQy

Cultivating who we'll be next year

RINA

2014-12-17 22:57:21

Now Recording!! - 2014-12-17 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Now Recording!! - 2014-12-17 (RINA)
Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
wow an SG! I wonder whose it is

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:50 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Mentolo wrote:wow an SG! I wonder whose it is

HARU's Thinline and Mustang are in the same rack, so it's possible that it could be hers.

Now Recording!! - 2014-12-17 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:45 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
They've accumulated a fairly impressive amount of equipment in their career, haven't they?

Reminds me of my brother. He's a guitarist that did studio work for a while before getting a regular job. At this point, his hobby is as much building guitars as playing them. Last time I saw, he had 8 guitars that he had built from the ground up, selecting all the electronics and components, and having a friend who runs an auto body & customization shop do the painting.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:27 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner

Haruna probably owns that SG.

I wonder if Haruna also owns that cool Les Paul. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:26 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MamiNoodles wrote:

Haruna probably owns that SG.

I wonder if Haruna also owns that cool Les Paul. Happy

That would be Mami's, I guess.
It looks the same as Mami's customised Les Paul :>

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:38 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Again recoding ^^ They never stop ! Happy

Already impatient to hear the new songs for 2015 ! Still a long way to go and their latest album just came out so it's fine .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:32 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
If you've watched the "Talking about Hello World DVD" you will see Haruna playing Mami's Les Paul for the rhythm guitar tracking in the studio. I will agree some of their songs todays need heavier sounding guitar tone that her Telecaster won't do the work best. So high possibility that SG belongs to Haruna.
In comparison, SG is lighter, thinner but still produce heavy sound that suits Haruna better than a Les Paul. Especially when playing on stage standing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
If that's the case I really hope we can see her using it live, it would be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:21 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, it's easy to forget how tiny Haruna is since everyone in the band is like 5'5" and shorter. It would be tiring for her to play an entire concert with one of those 10lb+ Les Pauls, especially since she can't weigh much more than 100lbs herself.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:09 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
saldiven wrote:Yeah, it's easy to forget how tiny Haruna is since everyone in the band is like 5'5" and shorter. It would be tiring for her to play an entire concert with one of those 10lb+ Les Pauls, especially since she can't weigh much more than 100lbs herself.
I'm guessing she could handle any weight of guitar if she'd use it everyday/often/rehearsals. Body could handle these things if they get used to it.

[but then again, i don't really know how much that guitar weighs so.. yeah xD]

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:28 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Mamitachu wrote:
saldiven wrote:Yeah, it's easy to forget how tiny Haruna is since everyone in the band is like 5'5" and shorter. It would be tiring for her to play an entire concert with one of those 10lb+ Les Pauls, especially since she can't weigh much more than 100lbs herself.
I'm guessing she could handle any weight of guitar if she'd use it everyday/often/rehearsals. Body could handle these things if they get used to it.

A lot of Les Paul players described it "Back breaking Heaviness".
Even those who plays a Strat, most guitarists unstrap their instruments right at the end their last song. So you can guess how it feels on their shoulder after a gig.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:32 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Mamitachu wrote:

I poked around on the internet, and some of the Les Pauls weigh almost 15lbs (about 6.5kg). Hanging off of one shoulder, I can imagine that would bet pretty uncomfortable after a while.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:11 pm

eionswolf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Do they get any days off? I play les pauls and the weight is stupid heavy at like 10lbs. I'm a dude that does hard manual labor and I can only stand and play with mine about an hour and my left arm starts going to sleep.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:06 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm pretty much Mami's size and height and I have a Les Paul. Like many of you have said, it's ridiculously heavy lol. I refuse to put a strap on it because it'd really ruin my back and shoulder if I decided to play it standing up, so I'm amazed that Mami's able to jump around with it and everything. Because it's a custom model, maybe she did have it chambered or made with lighter woods or something but I haven't heard of that.

I'd much prefer to get an SG now if I think about it; it's much lighter and pretty much has the same specifics as a LP except the shape and weight. Good choice for Haruna to get the SG; just can't wait till she plays a live with it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:40 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Mamitachu wrote:[but then again, i don't really know how much that guitar weighs so.. yeah xD]

I'm 6'4" and weigh 200lbs. and I couldn't handle a Les Paul on a daily basis. I know some people do it, but I really don't understand how. They're called "boat anchors" for a reason.

I'm sure there's a reason Haruna used Telecaster Thinlines until she got her signature Squier, and then started using a Mustang shortly afterwards. Those guitars are relatively light. Usually around 5 lbs or less.

That said, there's nothing specific to a Gibson guitar about a "heavy" sound. There's no reason she'd need a Les Paul or even an SG for that. That sound comes from the pickups, and all of her Fenders use functionally identical pickups to any Gibson humbucker.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:07 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for the idea of how much an LP weighs :>
Now i'm quite amaze with how Mami could move around (just like what syakmp) with it.
And also SLASH :>
I did not know about SG's weight too, but as some of you said here (and with the internet :p) it is lighter. Then, i'm happy she's picked that one. I can't wait for her to use it on tour (i hope she does)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:12 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My brother is a guitarist. His first guitar was a Kramer, and his preferred is a Rickenbacker. Lately he's been building his own from the body up, which is kind of a crazy hobby I guess. It's interesting everything that goes into the building of an electric guitar, and how even little changes can affect the sound and weight of the finished product.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.