Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Jikan wrote:
Noodles wrote:If you feel so strongly about their new music that you plan on not purchasing the newer stuff, even though I understand how you feel and can respect your opinion, please do not share that kind of information in the forum. It can have a negative impact on the forum itself and on the users.

Excuse me?! Are you saying one shouldn't say "I don't like this song/whatever, I'm not buying this single/whatever" here?
As much as I understand and approve a no-bashing rule, I just couldn't accept a "you shall write only positive things toward SCANDAL" rule. By the way, I just checked the forum rules and I can't find such statement anywhere. And I don't get how one saying he doesn't like a song/is not going to buy a single or album could have a "negative impact" on the forum or the users.
I'm flabbergasted.
Sorry for the offtopic and please let me know if this is actually a forum rule.

Anyway. Haters gonna hate and lovers gonna love. I'm far from fond of this song and even less of the MV but I'm still buying the single because I love SCANDAL and want to support the band.

You can express how much you dont like the song, album, logo, band, etc. If you're planning on boycotting a single release, that type of comment will not be allowed here. You can't find a rule like that because this problem has never presented itself before. Maybe we'll need to add a rule after this.
I'm sorry you feel flabbergasted at the fact that this type of comment will not be allowed on a forum that is based around supporting the band.

You can look at the new logo thread if you need proof that you are in fact allowed to dislike something about the band.

Thank you.

Edit: Here is an announcement regarding this decision, it is not something we are enforcing and my ruling was used only as an emergency measure, you are free to express your desire not to purchase merch if you want to.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t11979-regarding-recent-member-s-discussions#718484

Last edited by Noodles on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:39 am; edited 2 times in total

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:37 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
@Noodles Too bad I can't discuss this without being offtopic and warned for that, but I'd really like to know when and according to who a "I won't buy this one" becomes a "I'm boycotting". It's gonna be interesting (or not). Good luck. And thanks for your answer.

On topic: even if I'm not fan of this MV, one part made my day and I'm just waiting for a good FHD version to make it my new avatar:
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 RBY1MtN

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:50 pm

Koi no Kajitsu

Koi no Kajitsu

International Performer
International Performer
I like the music video. It's really cute!  .love. The song is not bad, but I prefer listening to some other songs of them. haha Maybe I'll get more into it when I see the live version. Their songs are always better live.  .uhuh.
About the "style change", well... bands are always evolving. It's better changing styles than getting stuck in just one style. SCANDAL has a great variety of songs, from ballads to heavier stuff. I don't think it's right to assume they've changed their style with just one song.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 D5QwpNd

{恋の果実}
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:21 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think this will easily make it into my top 10 songs of this year. After Hello World which was very emotional this type of uplifting and super warm song is a nice change in my opinion.

I would recommend that everyone waits until they release their next couple singles or album before speculating about style changes, one song is not enough of an indicator.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:26 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Jikan wrote:@Noodles Too bad I can't discuss this without being offtopic and warned for that, but I'd really like to know when and according to who a "I won't buy this one" becomes a "I'm boycotting". It's gonna be interesting (or not). Good luck. And thanks for your answer.

You won't get a warning for this conversation but in order to keep the thread on topic any further comments can be done via Pm.

Perhaps the word boycott is an overreaction but my point still stands, posting about not purchasing scandal related goods is not allowed as it can be harmful for SH as well as the band. If the use of the word boycott was your only concern I hope this would be an appropriate response. Feel free to PM if you have any further questions regarding this or any other subject.

Thank you

Edit: Here is an announcement regarding this decision, it is not something we are enforcing and my ruling was used only as an emergency measure, you are free to express your desire not to purchase merch if you want to.

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t11979-regarding-recent-member-s-discussions#718484

Last edited by Noodles on Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:40 am

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The rifts of the song is really good since Mami wrote this.   .uhuh.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:24 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I will say it. I don't like the single and the MV but even I don't like it I still am a big SCANDAL fan, and I will always buy all they're music, I preordered all 3 editions of the single. Maybe after some time I will start to like the single. This is like Pin Heel Surfer,at first I didn't like it but now is one of my fav songs. So even if some of us don't feel that this single is so great please let's keep supporting the band

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:31 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like it a lot! It totally fits the relaxed vibe of the song. They all look amazing, too. It looks like they had a lot of fun filming. Some people said that it seems sloppily produced, but on the contrary, I think this is one of their best produced PVs. It just looks much more professionally edited than some of their early PVs. Lower framerate, good lighting, and good camera angles make it look well put together, in my opinion.

Minor criticisms: the "yaya" and "dada" text on the screen seem quite silly... and I actually laughed the first time I saw "PASSENGER DOOR AJAR" on the car's dashboard. It seemed like something that the Japanese staff left in without realizing how out-of-place it would look to English speakers.

I also agree with the point about HARUNA being almost too much of the focus here, since she has the lead vocals throughout the song, and it's not evident that the other three are full-fledged band members as well. I wouldn't use this PV to introduce people to SCANDAL for that reason (although another reason is that this song is different from most of their other songs). I wouldn't mind having some interspersed scenes of them playing on instruments.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:02 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Joshua10red wrote:I will say it. I don't like the single and the MV but  even I don't like it I still am a big SCANDAL fan, and I will always buy all they're music, I preordered all 3 editions of the single. Maybe after some time I will start to like the single. This is like Pin Heel Surfer,at first I didn't like it but now is one of my fav songs.  So even if some of us don't feel that this single is so great please  let's keep supporting the band
Yes i agree, tho i like the song, we should still support them as much as we can. .wow.
Tho unless we listen to the B-side, I feel we can't really give our full opinion about the WHOLE single, just yet. Flashback no.5 is part of the single too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm going to come out of lurking for a bit.

I KNEW IT. I KNEW this single, the PV, the new logo and other recent stuff would polarize and divide the fanbase. Many many people live their expectations vicariously through this band, unfortunately the girls always have their own ideas, own direction and often, as we have seen through the years, these do not match.

But I digress. Now back on topic, I quite like the song, not the usual thing from the girls but from the beginning I've learnt not to expect anything too specific from them so I'm not actually surprised, pleasantly or otherwise. You need to keep an open mind when it comes to SCANDAL; they'll "disappoint" you if you don't/can't/won't.

The PV is bright and has this really nice happy, relaxed vibe to it. I don't know enough to speculate whether it is aimed at any particular music market but if it is then I hope it succeeds. It would be awesome if they could break into Western music markets. More of the world needs to get into this awesome, awesome band.

From dance/vocal school and shiroten to the Budokan and a successful world tour, they've come a long, long way. I'm so, SO proud of them and the band they are becoming. Since they have more creative control now, I look forward to what they will do next.

Overall, I'm pleased with the new single. Looking forward to the B-side.

Ok, back to lurking and real life.

And btw, 4 hot japanese women + muscle car = nosebleed. :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:30 am

Ania

Ania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
GeoFreak wrote:
Minor criticisms: the "yaya" and "dada" text on the screen seem quite silly... and I actually laughed the first time I saw "PASSENGER DOOR AJAR" on the car's dashboard. It seemed like something that the Japanese staff left in without realizing how out-of-place it would look to English speakers.

I also agree with the point about HARUNA being almost too much of the focus here, since she has the lead vocals throughout the song, and it's not evident that the other three are full-fledged band members as well. I wouldn't use this PV to introduce people to SCANDAL for that reason (although another reason is that this song is different from most of their other songs). I wouldn't mind having some interspersed scenes of them playing on instruments.

I have to agree that the text kinda seems out of place (and I also laughed the first time I saw it xD)

I felt like when they kinda dance-ish on the hill or something...I think they should show their instrument here then go back to being instrument-less(is that even a word? o.O) for the rest of the MV would be cool. My fav part is definitely the one where they having party in a room. I REALLY smile throughout that part  .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:25 am

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
flyingwill wrote:What I do have a problem with however, is hearing that Scandal "should" do this or be like that. Scandal should do whatever the hell they want. They worked really hard to get where they are now and to gain a little more control on their music as they evolved as a band, so it's only a given that they should be able to express what they truly feel, no matter what fans might think. I see too often that mindset, where fans believe that artists owe them something because they support their music, but that's not how art is supposed to work. When you try to please everyone, old and new fans, rock and pop fans, Japanese and Western people, you end up forgetting what you really want to be and to do deep down inside.

Reachie wrote:THIS so much!!!
It always bugs me when people act like the band owns them something or should be obligated to do what fans want. 
They are artists and have a right to express themselves as they want, especially after several times mentioned they are heavily in control of their music now.

Oh, so you're basically saying old fans can't voice their desire to see them bring  the old music style back, and should allow them to do whatever they want, because they are scandal, and just ditch the old fans who supported in their popularity which is today? Yes, they can express their feelings with this new style of music of theirs, but that doesn't mean they abandon their old fans, and ditch their old music style which made me fall in love with their music in the first place, i just don't find it fair and sad. If you guys think they should do whatever they want, then expect to see heavy bashing/criticism of their recent work, as fans have the right to express their opinions.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:43 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
People could you please stop fighting? Sad I dont like when people fight like this for... well whatever....

Also its not like they didnt care about old fan they do still play old song at lives and Onegai Navigation isnt the kind of song you like in the ''old scandal style?'' I dont know... But I clearly dont like seeing people fighting here on SH...

I avoided posting on ALL the other stuff that came out after I joined SH since I joined after Departure and it seem a lot of people didnt like any of the new things after that. I was scared that this kind of things happen.... and now that its start on the ONLY thing i said something i just feel really bad.... Plz... just stop... its totally unessary to fight for this...

Before I felt comfortable here and it was nice... but i dont like that negative aura around in the past few days.... If this just continue to go like this I guess ill just avoid SH for some time... even if this place as been the only place I felt nice for sometime....

Oh and to be a little on topic I've been listening to Stamp! all day today haha I just really like the song

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:56 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Gintoki wrote:
flyingwill wrote:What I do have a problem with however, is hearing that Scandal "should" do this or be like that. Scandal should do whatever the hell they want. They worked really hard to get where they are now and to gain a little more control on their music as they evolved as a band, so it's only a given that they should be able to express what they truly feel, no matter what fans might think. I see too often that mindset, where fans believe that artists owe them something because they support their music, but that's not how art is supposed to work. When you try to please everyone, old and new fans, rock and pop fans, Japanese and Western people, you end up forgetting what you really want to be and to do deep down inside.

Reachie wrote:THIS so much!!!
It always bugs me when people act like the band owns them something or should be obligated to do what fans want. 
They are artists and have a right to express themselves as they want, especially after several times mentioned they are heavily in control of their music now.

Oh, so you're basically saying old fans can't voice their desire to see them bring  the old music style back, and should allow them to do whatever they want, because they are scandal, and just ditch the old fans who supported in their popularity which is today? Yes, they can express their feelings with this new style of music of theirs, but that doesn't mean they abandon their old fans, and ditch their old music style which made me fall in love with their music in the first place, i just don't find it fair and sad. If you guys think they should do whatever they want, then expect to see heavy bashing/criticism of their recent work, as fans have the right to express their opinions.

Well what is the old sound you're looking for? If you are a old fan you should have recognised that every single and album embodies a different concept and sound. And please, being a long time listener doesnt mean youre entitled to more respect or anything else over anyone else. I'm tired of this whining about how SCANDAL sounds diffferent, ofcourse they would, they're not forever 21. Their musicality, ideas, experiences and ways of thinking change as they are continually shaped and unshaped by various factors and influences. And yes they sound American cause they want a slice of that market. Are you happy now? That someone else said it.

If youre worried that theyre sellling out theyre not, because there is no other band like them in the industry. Theyre not ditching fans, youre welcome to listen to them but they are not obligated to make music the way you want it to be (talk.about the feeling of self entitlement). Get over it. No one likes the "I liked them when they werent mainstream" fans so please can you please not act like one.

Well right to express in a way that doesnt fall into the way of people thinking of your tone in a whiny stuck in one phase fan. Its like crying out that the kettle burnt you when you knew was scolding hot and touched it anyway. Word yourself better next time.

As for my opinion. I believe theyre slowly fitting into a sound that is embodied by their current logo. I generally dont like their summer releases that much however for this release I like the carefree concept and their chosen clothing. Stamp! is a lovely song however not the top. I like that SCANDAL has embraced the selfie and hanging out concept their PV similar to BIGBANG We like 2 Party MV and many others.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:59 am

Tombery

Tombery

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Gintoki I can’t agree more!

I feel the same way and I am afraid of the direction SCANDAL goes. I had been hoping for a back-to-roots album this year after HELLO WORLD was mainstream. Don’t get me wrong after hearing the songs more than five times live I liked most of them too but there is no competition to the first two releases and Queens are trumps. Then STAMP! was announced and my hopes got smashed.

The video is seems to be okay, nothing to compare about besides there is too much Haruna and Tomomi looks like a supernumerary.

At the moment I am not excited for PERFECT WORLD even when I already have tickets for. I am looking much more forward to the live house events with bands that are still burning for j-rock.

Last edited by Tombery on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

I can’t list my attended lives anymore. Too many – over 60. In 2024 I will celebrate my 10 anniversary of SCANDAL lives.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:00 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Guys.

The negativity here has gotten way too high. All of you can express your opinions, but the level of things in here has gotten to be too much. Maybe some of you have forgotten, but SCANDAL HEAVEN is a forum to support the band, not to basically bash on them. It's supposed to be a place where fans ENJOY talking about the band and ENJOY being on here. No one should feel uncomfortable here!

Also, the point that most people are trying to make is that the music for past SCANDAL songs were almost all written by other people while the current SCANDAL songs are almost all written solely by the band, which is a huge accomplishment for them and something they have said many times that they're proud of. To say things like they need to "bring back" their 'old' stuff/sound and to basically stop sounding like what they sound like now is disrespecting them. I'm not saying you have to like the new stuff, but please show respect for what they're doing. Respecting the band is part of the first rule of SH, and I think everyone should take another look at the rules again.

If harsh words and exchanges keep occurring in this thread, warnings WILL be given out.

ANYWAY.

I just placed an order on Sony to get the other first press poster! Yay, two posters~

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:03 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If you think about it for a bit, it makes perfect sense for SCANDAL to release this as a single. They have always experimented with different sounds in the past, but those songs were usually B-side tracks or part of an album.

People like us who already love SCANDAL know who they are. But since singles are done to promote the band it's actually a good idea to headline the type of songs that might attract new fans. We don't know what the B-side track for this particular single sounds like either.

Regardless, I would still wait for the next album to drop before making any real judgments on this 'new SCANDAL' that they have been talking about. Because remember, HELLO WORLD was their first self produced album and that one had plenty of awesome rock songs like 'Image' and 'Your Song'.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 am

Tombery

Tombery

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sorry thoseguiltyeyes but if people only allowed to write how great something is then we don’t need a board. I recognized such an atmosphere already in the past but most of the time I am just a silent reader. Only write nice things or you get muted…

As long there are no insults I see no reason for treating people who just express their feelings and opinions.

I can’t list my attended lives anymore. Too many – over 60. In 2024 I will celebrate my 10 anniversary of SCANDAL lives.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:23 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Tombery wrote:Sorry thoseguiltyeyes but if people only allowed to write how great something is then we don’t need a board. I recognized such an atmosphere already in the past but most of the time I am just a silent reader. Only write nice things or you get muted…

As long there are no insults I see no reason for treating people who just express their feelings and opinions.

No one is saying how you should only talk about positive/'great' things. I didn't even say that. I said you need to be respectful. Respect the band and respect the other SH members. Of course you're free to express any negative opinions--people have been doing so ever since this board was started--but saying things that are so negative that it makes people feel uncomfortable is NOT okay. That's where the line needs to be drawn.

Bottom line: Let's all be respectful to the band and to each other, guys.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:26 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Tombery wrote:Sorry thoseguiltyeyes but if people only allowed to write how great something is then we don’t need a board. I recognized such an atmosphere already in the past but most of the time I am just a silent reader. Only write nice things or you get muted…

You can look at my previous posts to understand that you are in fact allowed to dislike whatever you want, as long as when you comment you are polite and respectful, you don't need to get into fights with other users, discussions are very different from fights. Also this is some level of negativity we have literally never experienced in SH before, members have always politely discussed new releases and what exactly they didn't like about them, but it's never been this way before. I suggest you think twice before posting something on this thread, think about it and think if it would be offensive before posting it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:31 am

Gintoki

Gintoki

Caless Student
Caless Student
bleachnlife wrote:Well what is the old sound you're looking for? If you are a old fan you should have recognised that every single and album embodies a different concept and sound. And please, being a long time listener doesnt mean youre entitled to more respect or anything else over anyone else. I'm tired of this whining about how SCANDAL sounds diffferent, ofcourse they would, they're not forever 21. Their musicality, ideas, experiences and ways of thinking change as they are continually shaped and unshaped by various factors and influences. And yes they sound American cause they want a slice of that market. Are you happy now? That someone else said it.

If youre worried that theyre sellling out theyre not, because there is no other band like them in the industry. Theyre not ditching fans, youre welcome to listen to them but they are not obligated to make music the way you want it to be (talk.about the feeling of self entitlement). Get over it. No one likes the "I liked them when they werent mainstream" fans so please can you please not act like one.

Well right to express in a way that doesnt fall into the way of people thinking of your tone in a whiny stuck in one phase fan. Its like crying out that the kettle burnt you when you knew was scolding hot and touched it anyway. Word yourself better next time.

Wow. I don't want to sound mean to anyone here, but I'm gonna reply you in the same tone you just wrote. Yes, i realize that that each album has a different tone, but the previous albums kept the same style. Oh, Am i asking for respect? Seriously? I just said voiced my desire to see their old style back. Seriously, fans like you give the fanbase a bad name. Like i said, if their music style changes, then expect to see a criticism/hate, and you gonna have to deal with it. You sound like one of those fans who can't take any criticism. Yes, I'm happy now, cause that's what im exactly feeling, they're trying too hard to please the international audience, and producing songs which sound like from green day, that it lost his roots, that's just what i feel.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna voice my displeasure of their recent works, and voice my desire to see their old style back, because i have the right to voice my opinion, and hope that scandal see the fans want their old style back, so they can keep producing their new style songs, along with the old style ones, so they can be a perfect mixture, and everyone can be happy. Stop acting like you're superior here, because you're not. And no one likes fans likes you who can't take criticism and starts throwing a tantrum.

My wording was good enough, without trying to completely insult them, and still expressing my love for them, just voicing my displeasure with their recent works, that's all.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:40 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
This is my final reminder to everyone about this. The line has been drawn. I'm not going to say it again.

No more fighting/arguing/anything along those lines in this thread. It's pointless and does nothing but breed more negativity. You WILL receive a warning/punishment if you continue.

I'll reiterate that you can express whatever opinions you have, but BE RESPECTFUL TO ALL PARTIES.

If you're not going to be civil or respectful, I advise that you do not post it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:27 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'll just leave this handy guide here. Please take the time to read it:-

Spoiler:

What Jade is talking about is TONE, i.e how one goes about in expressing views or presenting opinions. NO, we are not obliged to agree and accept EVERYTHING the band does. Differences in opinion will arise and in fact, is healthy and necessary to ensure quality discourse. It is perfectly understandable that not everyone will enjoy new material from the band.

However, there are such things as forum rules and decorum. We must remember that we are on SCANDAL HEAVEN, a forum that was created for a specific purpose. This isn't Reddit or 4Chan, it is NOT a free-for-all and a certain amount of civility is expected here. One can get as angry as they want regarding the band or the mods or the way things work around here but please remember to adhere to forum rules.

Apologies to the mods for this off-topic post.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:39 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@macdyne

Well said !
A forum is where you can discuss your favourite group...not upset other members !

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 10 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:58 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Let’s also respect our admin! I guess it can’t be easy to explain and follow the rules of this board, because fans do come from different places emotionally and culturally.

SCANDAL has done a variety of material from the beginning and are always experimenting. Read some YouTube comments and you'll see that people have been worrying about their direction all along. “Stamp” isn’t my favorite from SCANDAL but I can enjoy it. It’s "different" but I don’t see it as a radical departure at all. (Not as radical as last year's “Departure” with its violin backing.) What’s really positive about it I think: it sounds like it’s recorded only from their own instruments. So the live performance won’t call for any taped backing. 

This whole discussion made me remember RINA’s words in “oyasumi”

Don't hate me
For changing little by little
Because I'm like the clouds
That drift unpredictably…

Don't abandon me
For changing little by little
Because I'm like the clouds

That break apart unpredictably

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next