thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie YxirdY7

SCANDAL's new song 「Morning sun」 will be the theme song of the movie 「Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.」 (猫なんかよんでもこない。; Cats Won't Come Even When You Call for Them.) that will be released next January.

SCANDAL's new song 「Morning sun」 has been written as the theme song for the movie 「Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.」 that will be out in January.

Starring in「Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.」, a movie adaptation of the original manga by Sugisaku, are Shunsuke Kazama, Takeshi Tsuruno, and Mayu Matsuoka. It has heartful content depicting the communal lives of boxer Mitsuo, who is a dog lover, and two cats.

「Morning sun」 is SCANDAL's new song that was written after watching the movie. The members have revealed the thoughts they put into the song: 「We were asked about doing the theme song, and as we looked back upon the movie many times, we felt that it's a work that's like sunshine in the morning and wrote a song called 『Morning sun』.」 「We made an emotional, gentle song. We'd be happy if it gives you a refreshing feeling after the credits have rolled.」

In addition, SCANDAL's documentary film 「SCANDAL "Documentary film『HELLO WORLD』"」 will be out in theaters nationwide from 10/17. Fans should not miss out on it.

SCANDAL's comments

We were asked about doing the theme song, and as we looked back upon the movie many times, we felt that it's a work that's like sunshine in the morning and wrote a song called 『Morning sun』. An awkward Mitsuo and the freewheeling Chin and Kuro. Coming to love things that you dislike due to the influence of your precious partners, having an interest in a world you didn't know about, and having your heart being changed are all very wonderful. You and your partner's hearts may change unexpectedly.

As long as you have feelings for your companions, you'll always be connected no matter how far you are. We made an emotional, gentle song. We'd be happy if it gives you a refreshing feeling after the credits have rolled.

http://natalie.mu/music/news/161657

Girl band SCANDAL, who successfully finished their first solo world tour spanning 41 performances in 9 countries, and who are in the spotlight in Japan as well as the rest of the world, handled the theme song for 『NekoYon.』! 「Morning sun」, the newly-written song for this movie, is already getting a reputation as one of SCANDAL's leading masterpieces! Look forward to the trailer that will be coming soon!

http://nekoyon-movie.com/

*This was the new song that they played at ROCK IN JAPAN Festival this past August. HARU said that it has a different feeling to it than anything they've done before.

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow.. I'm excited.. .happy. It seems like a big project for them...

Haha I like the title of the movie...and very true..

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh sweet,
its their second song they made they'll be used for a movie. I can't wait for the trailer to hear the song .smile.
I wonder if it will be a leading single or a just a track song, I guess I'll wait to find out. .pinch.

Back to top Go down
victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow, now I'm confused about the next single, will it be Chiisana Honoo or Morning sun or none of them?
Also, I can't wait to hear Morning Sun! I expect something awesome and nostalgic XD

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96® wrote:its their second song they made they'll be used for a movie.

It's their ninth movie theme song, actually. The eight previous songs were:

1. "Yoake no Ryuuseigun" for Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction
  2. "Rainy" for the Japanese release of The Mortal Instruments
  3. "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne" for Ore wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Dake
  4. "Kill the virgin" for Dead Sushi
  5. "BURN" for Rabbit Horror 3D
  6. "Haruka" for Tofu Kozo
  7. "Midnight Television" for Loups=Garous
  8. "Koi Moyou" for Corazon de Melon

They've also had other songs featured in movies, such "Happy Collector" in Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
This is great news. It's great they do big projects like that. It can bring them more public. Wait the release Happy

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down
sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@TGE
It's actually the ninth, you forgot that "Koi Moyou" was the theme song for the indie movie Corazon de Melon (コラソン de メロン) (link)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
sillentdx wrote:@TGE
It's actually the ninth, you forgot that "Koi Moyou" was the theme song for the indie movie Corazon de Melon (コラソン de メロン) (link)

Ah, that's right. I'll add it in.

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:its their second song they made they'll be used for a movie.

1. "Yoake no Ryuuseigun" for Pokémon the Movie: Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

They've also had other songs featured in movies, such "Happy Collector" in Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemasu.

Oh I know that heh heh, .whistle. I meant its their second song for a movie this year, .....well since the movie will be out next year, i dont know when they will release it but they performed it this year so yeah. I should have made it clearer heh heh.

Though it was nice to see all the movie songs that made. Peace Onion

Back to top Go down
saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:

I remember that when I watched that movie early this year, I heard that song and immediately thought, "Hey, is that Scandal?" When I picked the movie to watch, I had no idea there was a Scandal song in it. Cute movie with a good soundtrack. It was somewhat reminiscent of a John Hughes film from the 1980's.

Back to top Go down
hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This is interesting... but somehow I can't relate the title of the movie to the song haha. But this is really interesting news indeed.

Back to top Go down
GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
Great news! Though I'm afraid my wallet will have to bleed again next year :D

HELLO WORLD Tour
April 30th, 2015 - Weststadthalle, Essen, Germany
YELLOW in EUROPE Tour
September 13, 2016 - Luxor, Cologne, Germany
September 14, 2016 - Kaiserkeller, Hamburg, Germany
September 17, 2016 - Szene, Vienna, Austria
September 24, 2016 - o2 Academy Islington, London, United Kingdom
Back to top Go down
AlyTae

AlyTae

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.efpfanfic.net/viewuser.php?uid=264501
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:It's their ninth movie theme song, actually. The eight previous songs were:

Wa ^^ I didn't know.
What an amazing news! Can't wait to listen to the song!

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie XjjbWSb
6/6/2013 Green Day
1/3/2014 All Time Low
15/11/2014 + 21/11/2015 Lo Stato Sociale
11/5/2015 Sonata Arctica
19/3/2016 Modena City Ramblers
18/9/2016 SCANDAL
.:. efp.:.youtube.:.twitter.:.
Back to top Go down

"Morning sun" preview
Posted Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:17 am

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

You can hear a preview of "Morning sun" from 1:04. Sunny tune, nice vibe. The film seems interesting.

#front-page

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added front-page tag)

Back to top Go down
strix04

strix04

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Star~world96®️ wrote:its their second song they made they'll be used for a movie.

Woah, I've searched through the movies you mentioned and I never thought they'll gonna have a song included in a horror film such as Rabbit Horror 3D! That was shocking as most of their songs are light and happy. I'm gonna watch it. It. seems good.

GibsonPhoenix wrote:Great news! Though I'm afraid my wallet will have to bleed again next year :D
haha me too! But it's worth it!
.dies.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do not triple post! Please edit your first post if you wish to add anything.)

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie Tumblr_nv7bf8q8cz1ro4xe8o6_r1_540
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Honestly thought the trailer was gonna come out sometime in November, but this is perfect get to hear some of the song early. .clap.

The song sounds nice, not totally in love with it tho. Have to hear the full version to get into it. Usually Scandal gentler songs takes a while for me to really like them.

The movie looks cute, though I'm not really into Pet/human bond type movies.

Not sure its my ears, but do I hear an acoustic in there? Thinking

Back to top Go down
strix04

strix04

Caless Student
Caless Student
Liokt wrote:

You can hear a preview of "Morning sun" from 1:04. Sunny tune, nice vibe. The film seems interesting.

#front-page

Maybe that's why they agreed to have the song included in the movie cause we all know MAMI does love cats and maybe she's relating herself to the character of the movie!
.evilgrin.

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie Tumblr_nv7bf8q8cz1ro4xe8o6_r1_540
Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The movie should be out sometime this month, does anyone know the exact date?  Happy

Last edited by Star~world96® on Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96®️ wrote:The movie should be out sometime this month, does anyone the exact date?  Happy

The end of the month: January 30th.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie 0EZfEnjl

SCANDAL did a special video interview regarding their new song 「Morning sun」 and 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』, the movie that uses the song as its theme song. Here is my translation of the interview, as well as a tentative translation of the song!

Since the video won't play on the original site if you're not located in Japan, a rip of the video can be found here:

https://plus.google.com/+2xCantarian/posts/TGYi6CnPLjM

Q. What was the movie 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 like?

HARUNA: The cats Chin and Kuro were so cute!

RINA: They were!

TOMOMI: They were so healing.

All: Right?

RINA: The movie's filled with moving scenes that are touching and warm your heart up. I think it's a great movie to see with your family, friends, and loved ones.

------------------------------

Q. Did you become aware of anything in making the theme song?

MAMI: First came the request to do an emotional song. This time, the lyrics were handled by RINA. The two of us watched the movie and then went back and forth with each other every day [regarding songwriting].

RINA: As I was watching the movie, I wrote down my thoughts and lines that I liked. The first thing that came to mind was the owner who dislikes cats realizes that he begins to love them. By discovering that part, his life gets better. It's a great movie that shows someone being able to change themselves, so I wanted to put that essence into the song as well. We finished up the song with that kind of message included in it.

Q. What are your recommended highlights for the movie 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』?

RINA: In a scene when [the protagonist] thought the cats would come when he called for them, they didn't come. It gives off a tsundere feeling. There are so many scenes that are adorable and will make your heart twinge, so the scenes where you see the cats' reactions when they're called for are all highlights.

Q. What do you like about cats?

MAMI: Hmm...they warm you up in the winter when you carry them. I really like the feeling of happiness they give you when you feel their warmth. Also, when they play with and snuggle with you. It's the best.

RINA: I had a cat when I was little, an American Shorthair. When I would go into bed, the cat would join me and sleep on my neck. It was so cute; I loved it.

Q. Is there something you want to convey with the theme song 「Morning sun」?

RINA: We talked about this a bit earlier, but we'd like for you to live on while cherishing the partners who are always by your side. For the movie, it would be the cats. In normal life, it would be those such as lovers and friends. In our case, it would be the band members. We'd like everyone to cherish their partners.

HARUNA: We will release our 7th album 「YELLOW」 on March 2nd! We took the year of 2015 to make this album. All of the songs this time have been self-produced by ourselves. It's an album in which every song was carefully packed with the events while on our world tour last year and on which we experienced many things, so we'd be happy if you'd listen to it a lot. We will also be going on tour. By all means, come out to it!

RINA: We'll be waiting!

http://cinema.pia.co.jp/news/168280/65588/

2xCantarian shared their ear-copied kana lyrics of "Morning sun," so here's my tentative translation of the song. It's possible that some parts may be off, but for the most part they seem to be accurate. I'll update it accordingly if need be when the official lyrics are released!

Edit: The official lyrics are out. You can find the romaji, kana, and translation here now:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12516-morning-sun-lyrics#735208

#front-page

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Are the lyrics to the full song?  It seems pretty short to me, just curious.

They're nice lyrics though ^ω^

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Yes, those are the full lyrics. It's a fairly short song, lyric-wise.

---------------------------------------------------------

As of today, "Morning sun" is available to purchase digitally. Unfortunately, it doesn't like like you can purchase it straight away if you're outside of Japan, although it is possible to get it from iTunes or Recochoku if you research a bit into it and buy digital gift card codes.

●iTunes
●Recochoku 
●mora

Back to top Go down
Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh wow its up for grabs already? If i cant buy the song from here, its best for me to wait until Yellow is out, or a on air version of the song is available. I really want to listen to it....why must you tease me so, Scandal? .plank.

i realized the lyrics reminds me a bit like Aitai and Kimi to Yoru to Namida.  I really like those lyrics.

Back to top Go down

neko
Posted Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:51 am

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Isnt there another song by them that features a red balloon?

「Morning sun」 - theme song of 『Neko Nanka Yondemo Konai.』 movie 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
neotono wrote:Isnt there another song by them that features a red balloon?

The only other song of theirs that features a balloon (not a red one, though) is "SCANDAL BABY." (Uso de fukuranda fuusen wa itsuka tooku e tondeiku no = That balloon full of lies will one day fly far away)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tying this post back to the topic...pictures from the opening day stage greetings for NekoYon can be found here:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12509-nekoyon-opening-day-greetings

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.