Re: Last movie you watched
Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:49 am

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://linktr.ee/firewalkwjaime
Deadpool

Nothing particularly great but it was fun while it lasted.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:23 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
American History X
Total stunner.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:39 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Lexian wrote:American History X
Total stunner.

I remember watching that not long after it came out. Still sticks in my head to this day. Brutally honest in some respects, in other aspects a little hollywood; but I think it pushes the point across very well, and the acting for the most part was very good.

Last movie you watched - Page 2 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:26 pm

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

Caless Student
Caless Student
Pulse (2006)

Awful. Just watch the original instead!

Last edited by JaimeIsAtTheMovies on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:41 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Star Wars ; the Force Awakens !

I enjoyed it but the story was very similar to the original Star Wars movie.

Last movie you watched - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:29 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Can we count the movies we've recently seen on TV such as HBO?

I've seen The Longest Yard starring Adam Sandler. It is the funniest movie I've ever seen since National Lampoon: European Vacation.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:09 am

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sure, why not?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:39 pm

gitla27

gitla27

Caless Student
Caless Student
Dead pool
Stayed true to the comics. Not as r-rated as I expected when it comes to the action scenes. For me it was the right mix of "comical profanity" (if there's such a thing) that was entertaining.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:49 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Chasing Tyson

Really good documentary about how sometimes people in life dont get the credit they should just because some other people are more outspoken and they play a certain "role" to the media, I would recommend a watch.

Last movie you watched - Page 2 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:00 pm

Ting*Thang

Ting*Thang

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
it's called "home"....it is really enjoyable and funny.

#SCANDAL#
>M*R*H*T<
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:07 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Deadfall.

Pretty depressing movie involving people who have all made bad decisions in life. Acting was fairly good, but the movie started and ended making me feel the same way - wishing for something nice to happen. I guess it's an exaggerated reflection on people's lives, and how the things we say, and more importantly, do, affect the ones we love.

I don't recommend the movie, due to how depressing it is. I think most if us who have been around long enough have regrets and made bad decisions, but we don't need a movie to remind us about them. Maybe make things right with the people you have hurt before it's too late.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:45 am

Lexian

Lexian

The Departed

Loaded with big names and great acting for sure, but crime drama movies arent my thing

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:26 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The Four.

A Chinese wuxia-style film with a story loosely summed up in "lies for the greater good". There are heroes, villains, and a lot of characters who walk that line in between due to not trusting anyone. It was a fairly decent film, with a bit of everything thrown in. The wuxia scenes aren't too bad if you leave you brain out it. Visually quite nice, and some good acting. My biggest complaint would be that three of the main officials that you see throughout the movie all look similar, so I found it confusing at times to remember who was who. I'm sure if I watched it again it's be clearer.

I also found out this is part 1 of a trilogy, though this story closes well enough that it probably isn't necessary to watch the other two. I might watch them out of interest's sake if I can find them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:26 am

gitla27

gitla27

Caless Student
Caless Student
Whiplash

Not the first time that I watched the film but still inspired me.
For some reason I partly agree with Terence Fletcher's views on pushing someone to their limit to the brink of insanity to really bring out the best in whatever that person's passion is.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:16 am

Lexian

Lexian

The 2000 masterpiece, Gladiator

Brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed the..."robust" character development coming out of Maximus. I loved the cinematography; didnt feel like there were any "filler" scenes. Use of flashback trope was done well; didnt saturate or disrupt the flow too much, and tied the movie altogether like a beautiful bow at the end.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:55 am

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

JaimeIsAtTheMovies

Caless Student
Caless Student
Tess.

I wrote a review for it over here.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:51 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Firestorm

Cops and Robbers movie. Lots of cops die because they're portrayed as dumb, and expendable. This kinda ruined the movie for me, especially at the end, because you'd think they wouldn't use the same dumb-ass approach to take on the baddies every single time. Also, one of the scenes is a bit disturbing, in a realistic way, and moved me to tears which doesn't happen too often. Some of the CGI, which there was a lot of near the end of the movie, was just utter rubbish, and reminded me of truck scene in DieHard 4. The acting of the main characters was good, but the mass carnage throughout the movie was just downright silly.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:59 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Divergent on Star Movies

Last movie you watched - Page 2 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:40 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Headshot.

A cop, setup by crooks who want him silenced, ends up on the other side of the law. A hit goes wrong and causes him to literally wind up seeing everything from a different perspective.

Not an action film, but essentially a thriller revenge story where no-one is truly innocent, and no-one is entirely what they appear. Some good acting, and the story skips back and forth between 3 different points in the main character's life, keeping the story moving in such a way that it keeps you interested to see how things are related. Again, it's another movie where it finished on a sombre note, but, unlike Deadfall, the guy isn't a psycho, and you can somewhat empathise with the situation he's in to a small degree.

Probably worth a watch if you like crime-revenge-dramas with a bit of a twist.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:11 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Dynamite Warrior - Thai; action,almost wild-west-style martial arts. subs only [4/5]

If you've seen Ong Bak, the similarities to that are present - same team who made that made this. Basically, like many action-heavy martial arts movies, it's about a man on a mission (in this case revenge). Set in somewhat colonial days, which gives an almost western-cowboy feel to the movie, it starts off very Robin Hood-like, but soon reveals a bigger picture. String fighting and slow-mo are used extensively throughout (I guess a bit like the matrix), and there are some sfx on the dynamite rockets, but in all this doesn't detract too much. Cheesy acting, little bit of gory stuff early on with limbs being cut off, etc, but you don't see as much of that in the second part of the movie as things unfold more. If you liked Ong Bak, then you'll like this I'm sure.

------------

Haunters - Korean; modern evil vs. good kinda movie. Subs only. [4/5]

Started off weird and twisted. A horror movie, in the sense that the bad guy seemed to be in control most of the time, while the good guy (and myself) wondered what was going on, and why the bad guy was bad to start with. It kept me entertained for most of the movie, but my only gripe, which was never explained, or maybe I just didn't understand, was what the bad guy's reason for being evil was. Whatever the case, it was at least a fresh take on good vs. evil, and I enjoyed it.

--------------

Blood the Last Vampire - the live action version. English (anime was as well). [2.5/5]

Basically a remake of the anime film produced by Production I.G., but changed a bit - a pretty tall order, given that Production I.G.'s production levels are usually great.
The movie itself feels shorter in parts compared to the anime, and then drawn out in other parts that really seem unnecessary. As with most anime-to-live-action films, the translation suffers due to bad fx, but there doesn't seem to be any care in actually making it look ok either - especially given the serious tone of the movie, it's kinda laughable. Feels too much like a western film, and some of the actors, especially the main white chick, have cringe-worthy "teen movie" performances. Wouldn't bother with this one, go watch the anime version, and/or read the manga Blood+

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:56 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The Man from U.N.C.L.E (2015)

Its a relatively good spy/partner up movie that takes place in the 60s, some time around the Cold War I believe. Its one of those movies where you have to pay attention to get the gist and the plot. I like the two male protagonist.

I also had to sit through
Muppets Most Wanted

....no comment on the film.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:41 am

Lexian

Lexian

Memento (2000)

Made my head hurt until I looked up how the whole thing was pieced (or unpieced!) together
Overall, I liked it

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:55 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Lexian wrote:Memento (2000)

Made my head hurt until I looked up how the whole thing was pieced (or unpieced!) together
Overall, I liked it

Heh, yep it is a bit of a mind-screw. Need to watch it a couple of times at least.
Haven't been watching any movies lately… gonna watch a few this week though : )

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:42 pm

PPPeter

PPPeter

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Lexian wrote:Memento (2000)

Overall, I liked it

Nicely pieced together it is. Great irony at the end, neh? Wink

Anyway - back to topic - fresh piece "Sunset Song" (2015) - story like ones told many times before, but told nicely and with grace. Sad, but with a ray of... hope, I think.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:40 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hunger Games : Catching Fire (sequel)
Maze Runner: Scorch trials (also sequel)

I'm not really into to these kinds of movies, but since I already watched the first movies some time ago and we have the sequels in my house... "why not give them a watch"

Crazy Stupid Love (2011...i think)
I've been on a Steve Carrel trip with movies lately, so this one was kinda pleasing and funny .uhuh.

Corpse Bride (2005) & Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (remake, 2005)

Both by Tim Burton, both starring Johnny Depp.  I like a good amount of his movies but his most recent ones to me haven't been interesting. But it's been good to watch his older ones which I'd absolutely adored as a kid. I think the Corps Bride is one of my favorites of his film.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.