Go down

Albums That You Secretly Love
Posted Fri May 27, 2016 9:48 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Everyone knows that I am a classic rock and blues guy and a huge SCANDAL and BAND-MAID fan. However, I have a share of albums not everyone knows that you really love. 

1. Madonna's debut album and Ray of Light --- I'm not a fan of Madonna because majority of her albums are just ain't fit my taste. However, I have huge respect to her and her musicality in those two albums. Ray of Light was also the first CD that I bought after shifting from cassette tapes back in 1998.

2. Frozen OST --- Not everyone knows that I am a huge fan of both the film and its OST. 'Nuff said!

3. Move to This by Cathy Dennis --- She's simply my adolescent crush!

4. Kylie Minogue's 1994 self-title album --- I proudly own a reissued vinyl of it! It's dark and groovy specially "Confide in Me". There are two songs that hit me on the spot based on my previous romantic experiences such as "Put Yourself in My Place" and "Where's the Feeling?"

Now, it's your time to share! Wink

Back to top Go down

Re: Albums That You Secretly Love
Posted Fri May 27, 2016 10:00 pm

dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Sounds like it's time to share my guilty pleasures Wink

1. I need to agree with "Frozen" OST. I simply love that movie as well as it's soundtracks: both original english and polish.

2. Taylor Swift's "1989". I will defend this release as it's very good pop album with bunch of hit singles.

3. SweetS' "5 elementS". They used to be my favourite japanese girlsband in middle 00's. And their first and last real album is still a killer for me.

4. Roxette's "Dont Bore Us, Get to the Chorus!". Maybe it's just one of their best-ofs, but i still remember how happy i was listening to my own MC version of it. And it was one of the first albums that i have bought.

5. Nelly Furtado's "Loose". Such a set of bangers! "Say It Right" is still one of my favourite pop songs.

6. "Blues Brothers" soundtrack. Do i need to add more?Wink

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 27, 2016 10:28 pm

tomocchin

tomocchin

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ogawa_tomomi/
I dont have an album to secretly love but I have something to be ashamed. I kinda like Reol :*(

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 9:44 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I guess if people *IRL* knew I listened to Silent Siren… that's about the only secret love I have.

Albums That You Secretly Love Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 10:29 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, I have loads of albums I love, being an old Hippie I still play the 1970 album 'Deja Vu' by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young a lot.
Some people here think I only like AKB48, but I love a huge range of music.

Albums That You Secretly Love Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 28, 2016 11:56 am

Scooby

Scooby

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't really have anything that I secretly love. I'm pretty open with what music I like.

Although an unusual one for me might be Mika's Life in cartoon motion album.

Albums That You Secretly Love 1rOvFy4
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:40 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
tomocchin wrote:I dont have an album to secretly love but I have something to be ashamed. I kinda like Reol :*(
Reol? Are you referring to the utaite Reol? I don't know what's there to be ashamed of. She's a good and versatile singer doing those vocaloid songs which look impossible for a human to sing but she nails and sings them effortlessly. I'm personally a fan of these things - vocaloids and utaite as they are like the new wave of music and it's fun discovering new stuff.
And back on topic, I don't really have any 'guilty pleasure'. I try to be true to what I really like.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Albums That You Secretly Love Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Here's another group that I used to admire but I am a bit ashamed of today.

The Sexbomb Girls was an extremely popular all-female sing and dance group from the Philippines. The name of the group was inspired by Tom Jones' 1998 hit. Their popularity went will back from 2002-2004. In fact, one of the founding members Jopay Paguia-Zamora bears a considerable resemblance to Rina.

I used to be a big fan of the group and owned a cassette tape of their 2002 debut album "Unang Putok" (First Blast). I even bought copies of FHM Philippines with the girls on the cover. Until, I sold them all at a garage sale ten years ago realizing that I was an impulsive buyer despite of having a minimum salary.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:03 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
There is nothing in my record collection that I am ashamed to admit I like.  For those that know me well aren't going to be too surprised by how wide my taste in music goes, but I do have a strange fondness for early Barry Manilow, particularly the "Copacabana" and "This One's For You" albums.  

The other day I bought a vinyl copy of Arlo Guthrie's "Alice's Restaurant."  I haven't had (or heard) this record in over 20 years, and I used to play it a lot when I was in college (usually to take a break from the round the clock playing of GnR's "Appetite For Destruction" and Aerosmith's "Pump").

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.