SCANDAL Members Profile 5fgm2nQ

Name: Ono Haruna (小野 春菜)
Instruments: Vocals & Rhythm Guitar
Birthday: 1988/08/10
Birthplace: Aichi Prefecture
Blood type: A
Height: 153 cm

▪ Description ▪

HARUNA, the eldest among the group and their the leader. She had a passion for dancing and dreamed of becoming a dancer, but things changed when she met her co-members and took on a rock n' roll path. HARUNA has a powerful, deep voice and sings lead vocals for the majority of their songs.

▪ Facts ▪

• A fan of Tohoshinki, Jonas Brothers, High School Musical, One Direction, Justin Bieber, Michael Jackson.
• A fan of Kuroshitsuji and Hetalia.
• Has both earlobes pierced. She used to have 2 other piercings on her right ear (including one cartilage piercing near the top of the ear), but they have since closed up.
• Has a little brother named Hideto.
• Hates getting wet by water.
• Her eyesight is so bad that makes her say, "It's enough to make me not able to live my life without contact lenses or glasses!"
• Wanted to have a part-time job at an apparel store.
• Played Mika in the movie Backdancers! as a member of character Mayu's back-up dancers called SUPER TIGERS.
• Thinks pants are better because she can feel the wind if she wears a skirt, which she doesn't really like.
• Nicknamed her black Telecaster guitar "Shun-kun."
• Does not like to be called "HARU-nee" (big sister HARU).
• Favorite food from 2013 Asia Tour: green curry from Thailand. Also recommends Singapore's chicken rice.
• Had vocal problems from 2011 - 2013.
• Is good friends with Japanese actress Erika Toda.
• Had braces from early 2013 - early 2015.
• Performed in a Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu theatre performance in early 2014 and played the role of a young boy named Emil von Selle.
• Obtained her driver's license in June 2016.
• Currently has the largest amount of followers on Twitter (461k+) among the members.
• Started her Instagram account in February 2018.
• Released her first photo book titled 『SOMEWHERE』 on her 30th birthday (2018.08.10).

MAMI

SCANDAL Members Profile XW4w95O

Name: Sasazaki Mami (笹崎 まみ)
Instruments: Lead Guitar & Vocals
Birthday: 1990/05/21
Birthplace: Aichi Prefecture
Blood type: AB
Height: 161 cm

▪ Description ▪

MAMI, the lead guitarist of the band. She appears serious and a bit dark onstage but is the extreme opposite offstage – she is shown to have a very cheerful personality. She is the biggest anime fan among the group. She also has very noticeable solo parts in their songs because of her unique, punky voice. She currently writes the music for a majority of the band's songs.

▪ Facts ▪

• A big anime fan and a huge fan of Bleach, One Piece, and Terra Formars.
• Played the drums in a band when she was in high school.
• Draws the best among the band. Her drawings have been featured on many SCANDAL items such as t-shirts, stickers, and clear files.
• Knows how to cook.
• Loves eating anything melon.
• Has an older brother.
• Has a habit of calling herself "boku" (primarily used by males).
• Loves to play her Nintendo DS.
• Would love to do a seiyuu work for an anime one day.
• Wrote the song "Want you" about her Gretsch White Falcon guitar.
• Named her American Deluxe Stratocaster guitar "Yuuya-kun."
• Nicknames include: Mamitasu, Mamitan
• Favorite food from 2013 Asia Tour: tom yum goong from Thailand.
• Designed the colorful circles that can be seen on her black Strat.
• She is the only member without any piercings.
• Obtained her driver's license in 2014 along with TOMOMI.
• Has loved map symbols since she was in elementary school.
• Wanted to be an architect when she was little.
• Likes to frequently change her hair color. Some of the only colors she says she hasn't tried yet are yellow and green.
• Sung in SUPER BEAVER's song "Q&A" as a guest vocalist.
• A big fan of Foo Fighters.
• Good friends with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu.
• Has loved to sew things since getting a sewing machine in early 2016.
• Wrote the song "Exceeeed!!" for idol group Yumemiru Adolescence, which was released on 2017.11.15.
• Started her Instagram account in January 2018.

TOMOMI

SCANDAL Members Profile SuVCdDk

Name: Ogawa Tomomi (小川 ともみ)
Instruments: Bass & Vocals
Birthday: 1990/05/31
Birthplace: Hyogo Prefecture
Blood type: A
Height: 157 cm

▪ Description ▪

TOMOMI, the bassist and former writer of a majority of their lyrics. Like HARUNA, she also dreamed of becoming a dancer, but rock n' roll opened a new path for her. Her sweet, high voice mixes perfectly with HARUNA's.

▪ Facts ▪

• Chose to play the bass since it has less strings than a guitar and thought it would be easier to play.
• Draws the worst among the group.
• Her favorite food are strawberries, nata de coco, and mizutaki soup.
• Her least favorite food are carrots and melon.
• Has a younger brother.
• A huge fan of Sailor Moon.
• Has both earlobes pierced and a cartilage piercing on her left ear.
• Graduated from Kakogawa High School in Hyogo Prefecture on 2009-02-27.
• Nicknamed her red Jazz bass "Masaya-kun" and later changed it to "Yuusuke-kun."
• Nicknamed her silver P-bass "Sabao-kun," which was suggested by a fan on Twitter when she asked fans to name the bass.
• Likes the One Piece anime; her favorite character is Luffy.
• Nicknames include: Timo, Teimo, Tomo, Timotan
• Favorite food from 2013 Asia Tour: soto ayam from Indonesia.
• Is terrified of insects.
• Obtained her driver's license in 2014 along with MAMI.
• Admires Flea, bassist of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
• Was part of the Shin Domoto Kyoudai TV show as a member of the DOMOTO BROTHERS BAND from early-2014 to the program's cancellation in mid-2014.
• Started her Instagram account in May 2018.
• Got a boating license in March 2022.

RINA

SCANDAL Members Profile TJGKwF6

Name: Suzuki Rina (鈴木 理菜)
Instruments: Drums & Vocals
Birthday: 1991/08/21
Birthplace: Osaka
Blood type: B
Height: 160 cm

▪ Description ▪

RINA, the drummer and the youngest among the group. She is the most active on the band's blog, making sure that fans are always updated. She currently writes most of their lyrics.

▪ Facts ▪

• Can also play the piano. She has been playing it since she was 3 years old.
• Started playing the drums after joining the band in her third year of middle school.
• Knows how to cook.
• Has a strong interest in photography.
• Loves the 60's era (fashion, movies, actresses, models, etc.) and going to vintage/secondhand shops.
• The eldest of 5 siblings. She has two younger sisters and two younger brothers.
• The last member to join the group.
• Would love to work at McDonald's, a bar, or a maid cafe because she wants to try serving people at a restaurant.
• Loves watching movies. Some of her favorite genres are fantasy and romance.
• Likes soy milk (especially strawberry and almond flavors) and prefers it over tea or juice.
• Would like to date a guy who plays the guitar well. She also likes guys that are good at being funny.
• Believes in aliens.
• Named her pink drum set "Angelina" (Angie) and her white drum set "Celine."
• Likes dinosaurs. She has a toy t-rex she named Dai-chan that she bought at Universal Studios Hollywood in July 2011.
• Nicknames include: Rinari, Rinax, Suekko-chan
• Favorite food from 2013 Asia Tour: nasi goreng from Indonesia.
• Started to use double pedals from their nationwide hall tour in the fall of 2013.
• Dislikes shellfish and crustaceans (crabs, lobsters, etc.) because she is scared of them.
• Favorite food as a child was chocolate. To avoid cavities, she was taught as a child that chocolate among other sweets was spicy.
• Favorite season is summer because of the festivals and the fact that she likes summer clothes.
• Was involved with a bunch of extracurricular activities/lessons as a child: Piano / calligraphy / abacus / English. Swimming and gymnastics in kindergarten, dance & vocals in middle school. She also went to a theatre company from kindergarten to elementary school.
• Good friends with Perfume's A~chan.
• An avid movie lover. Her favorite movies include Jurassic Park, The Little Mermaid, Burlesque, Les Misérables, Beauty and the Beast, Jersey Boys, Betty Blue, and A Perfect World.
• Her favorite sport is tennis and was part of a tennis club during middle school. She hopes to play again some day.
• Runs for 30-40 mins at night when she comes home.
• Started her Instagram account in July 2016.
• Wrote the song "Glitter" for idol group Tokyo Performance Doll, which was released on 2017.09.13.
• Got her ears pierced in August 2018.
• Got her driver's license in September 2022.

SCANDAL Members Profile Nlxw0bM

▪ SCANDAL Facts ▪

• The band's name originates from a sign near STUDIO BROTHERZ, a studio where they practiced in their early days, in Kyobashi, Osaka. Now closed, the studio was on the sixth floor of a building shared with other businesses, namely adult shops. The girls decided to choose the biggest sign among the shops, "SCANDAL" (スキャンダル), as the name for their band.
• Some of the runner-ups for the band name included "Densha de GO!GO!" (電車でGO!GO!; GO!GO! By Train), "Peach Club" (ピーチクラブ), and "Nurse Jougakuin" (ナース女学院; Nurse Academy), all of which were adult shops in the same building as STUDIO BROTHERZ.
• Are good friends with bands such as Stereopony, Oreskaband, Negoto, 7!!, Silent Siren.
• They all like guys with an "S-Type" personality.
• Studied at Caless Dance & Vocal School. HARUNA and MAMI attended the Nagoya branch while TOMOMI and RINA attended the Osaka branch. They began learning how to play instruments at the suggestion of a teacher when the school was looking to put together an all-girl band.
• The official date of their formation is August 21, 2006.
• Shortly after forming, they regularly performed street lives at Shiroten (in Osaka Castle Park) and at live houses around the Kansai region.
• 5 years and 7 months after their formation, they became the fastest girl band to perform a solo live at the world-famous Nippon Budokan.
• They hold a sponsored event called "Band Yarou Yo!!" annually.
• Earned their first ever #1 spot on the Oricon Charts with their special collection album ENCORE SHOW, which reached the top of the Oricon Daily Chart on 2013.02.06.
• Performed their first solo live at Osaka-Jo Hall, their dream venue, on 2013.03.03 to a sold-out crowd. Tickets had sold out within 5 minutes of going on sale.
• Their weekly TOKYO FM radio program SCANOMICS ran for two years from 2013.04.02 to 2015.03.31.
• In 2014, they became the first girl band in 23 years to play two back-to-back solo concerts at Yokohama Arena.
• Their 6th album HELLO WORLD was largely written and produced by the band themselves.
• Starting from their debut album, all of their albums thus far have ranked in the top 5 of the Oricon Albums Chart, the first ever record for a girl band.
• Held their first world tour, 『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」』, which spanned from the end of January 2015 to the end of May 2015 and consisted of 41 performances in total: 31 domestic performances + 10 overseas performances. The 9 countries they played in were Japan, France, United Kingdom, Germany, Taiwan, Singapore, USA, Mexico, and Hong Kong.
• Released their first documentary film 『SCANDAL "Documentary film 「HELLO WORLD」"』 in October 2015 in theaters for a limited time. It has since been released on DVD and Blu-ray.
• Held their first arena tour, 『SCANDAL ARENA TOUR 2015-2016 「PERFECT WORLD」』, from December 2015 to January 2016. It consisted of 4 performances in Kobe, Nagoya, and Tokyo.
• Produced the song "Party" for Rina Katahira's second album Saikou no Shiuchi that was released on 2016.02.03.
• Their 7th album YELLOW is their first completely self-produced album. All lyrics and music were written by the band.
• Celebrated their 10th anniversary on August 21, 2016 by holding 「SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL『2006-2016』」 at Izumiotsu Phoenix in Osaka.
• Released their best of album in February 2017. Fans were able to choose which songs they wish to be included, and the top 34 most-voted-for ones made it to the album.
• Held a tour that stopped in all 47 prefectures of Japan from March to July 2017.
• Their first signature Fender models were made available for the public to purchase in December 2017.
• Their 8th album HONEY is their second completely self-produced album. All lyrics and music were written by the band.
• Wrote the song "STORY" for Airi Suzuki's debut solo album Do Me a Favor that was released on 2018.06.06.
• Held 「SCANDAL US & Mexico Tour 2018 "Special Thanks"」 in the US and Mexico in September 2018.
• Launched their own private record label called "her" in December 2018.
• Their Masterpiece / Mabataki single is their first release on "her" as well as their first-ever double A-side single.
• Their 9th album Kiss from the darkness is their third completely self-produced album. All lyrics and music were written by the band.
• Performances on their world tour in support of Kiss from the darkness, that was to span from March 2020 to September 2020, have been canceled or postponed due to COVID-19.
• Their digital single Living in the city was recorded entirely at each of their homes during quarantine.
• Their digital single SPICE was used as the theme song for the animated short "XPICE."

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:30 am; edited 40 times in total

SCANDAL Members Profile Download
---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Members Profile
Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:07 am

akuma_tsubasa

akuma_tsubasa

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh My God i didn't know HARUNA is 153cm .wtf.

SCANDAL Members Profile Rina091212-7
“It’s allright to be different.
It’s allright to be lacking something.
It’s allright not to be perfect.”
- Quoted by RINA of SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:34 am

nikid

nikid

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.verygooddays.com/main/
haha, well i also didnt knew she had only 153cm....she's the shorter, and that i had notice before.... .upwalk.
but no one is shorter than Aimi-chan

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:38 am

rion134

rion134

Caless Student
Caless Student
lol........XD

there so YOUNG........XD except for haruna....."cough"

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:26 am

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Well at first look I though TOMOMI was the tallest, but I was surprised she was the second shortest and the tallest one was MAMI.

You can really notice the height difference in the walk part of Shoujo S PV. .upwalk.

I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the SH Staff

|| FORUM RULES || Avatar and Signature Rules || Donate and help SH || SH Link Index ||
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Haruka

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.formspring.me/TsukiHaru
akuma_tsubasa wrote:Oh My God i didn't know HARUNA is 153cm .wtf.

Haha I got quite a huge shock too when i found out. I always thought she was over 160cm

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Fifi

Fifi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Huhu! Mami is arnd my height! ^^ hahah

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:29 pm

azmikun

azmikun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
RINA is the youngest and the cutest (I think) .nerd.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:28 pm

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
azmikun wrote:RINA is the youngest and the cutest (I think) .nerd.

I agree with you on that one. Even though my favorite is HARUNA, I still think RINA is the cutest! LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:49 am

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
Height never count for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HARUNA still is the BEST!!!!!!!!! .rage.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 am

yagiza

yagiza

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
omg i thought they are all 160+ .wtf. , but can't tell just by looking from their vids.

SCANDAL Members Profile Rina3copy

Rina Suzuki fanboy number one.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:09 am

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
Yeah like I said the only time you will notice the height difference in the walk part of Shoujo S and the dance part of Yume Miru Tsubasa.

Let's talk about RINA, anyone noticed that her smile never comes off when performing? Because I do! That smile is perfect. LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:40 am

konohagure

konohagure

International Performer
International Performer
Yes, Rina always smiles whether it be live or PV.

That's what I like most about her.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:39 am

natchi

natchi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/natchi86
akuma_tsubasa wrote:Oh My God i didn't know HARUNA is 153cm .wtf.

hahaha, same here .ehem.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:12 pm

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
As long as the song rocks and other thing else dont matter.......... .tsk.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:19 pm

nikid

nikid

International Performer
International Performer
mc~ wrote:
azmikun wrote:RINA is the youngest and the cutest (I think) .nerd.

I agree with you on that one. Even though my favorite is HARUNA, I still think RINA is the cutest! LOVE

yeah, i agree with you...Rina-chan is the cutest LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 am

loveharunaono

Banned
Banned
two thumbs up for mc~ and nikid!!!!!!!Support SCANDAL!!!!!!

Nice one Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:34 am

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
loveharunaono wrote:As long as the song rocks and other thing else dont matter.......... .tsk.

I know you love them also not just their songs. .common.

But yeah, the music is what makes them attractive and lovable in the first place. LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:51 am

Haruka

Haruka

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.formspring.me/TsukiHaru
Yea agreed =D LOVE
But of course there are others about them thats lovable XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:32 pm

Koide Namizo

Koide Namizo

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/HeseEuy
Heso...!!!

eehh?? .wtf. I always thought that the shortest is Rina..and I'm wrong...gurarararara!!!XXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDD

Heso...!!!

SCANDAL Members Profile Newsiggy
SCANDAL Members Profile Z
Hehee SCANDAL Members Profile Koidi Hehee
SCANDAL Members Profile Terriermon15
SCANDAL Members Profile Shp
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:11 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Sorta expected Haruna to be a little short,but thought Tomomi was the tallest.Guess Mami rocks the hardest after all. :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:51 am

natchi

natchi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/natchi86
i like how Rina is always smiling all the time lol~

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:48 pm

rreizend

rreizend

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://theflyinglemon.wordpress.com
Koide Namizo wrote:Heso...!!!

eehh?? .wtf. I always thought that the shortest is Rina..and I'm wrong...gurarararara!!!XXXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDDDD

Heso...!!!

lol i thought that rina was the tallest after seeing their PVs, and of course haruna is the shortest thats what makes her so cuute LOVE

but it really is surprising that theyre all shorter than me and im only 15! .hora. but mami is about my height.

and yes i ALWAYS see rina smile ANYWHERE Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:12 am

mc~

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
Yeah, at first you will really think TOMOMI is the tallest and MAMI is the shortest. But then you get wrong.

RINA's smile just proves how she loves performing and bashing that drum. .hora.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:40 am

nikid

nikid

International Performer
International Performer
Koide Namizo wrote:Heso...!!!

Heso...!!!

Really??? i notice that Haruna was the shortest...first time i saw them.... .cool.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 19]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.