Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:05 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (9 votes)

SCANDAL's 10th anniversary! A 47 prefecture tour & T-Card... Talking about a commemorative 2017!
T-SITE Interview Ji2ffw8

A T-Card for SCANDAL, who celebrated their 10th anniversary, has been introduced! They will be releasing their two-disc best album 『SCANDAL』 on 2/15 comprised of songs voted for by the fans, and they will also be starting their first 47 prefecture tour in support of their album. We had them speak about their enthusiasm. We will be releasing an interview about their best album at a later date! Look forward to it!

We want to tour around while including our 10 years of thanks
T-SITE Interview FBG2FH3
T-SITE Interview NAQMAH7

—Since you'll be releasing your best album 『SCANDAL』 to commemorate your 10th anniversary, you'll be going on a 47 prefecture tour after that from March. Is this your first time touring the 47 prefectures?
MAMI:「It is our first time. The reason for doing a 47 prefecture tour now is because we want to toughen up our band sound and ourselves, emotionally and physically. We have always wanted to become even stronger than we currently are. We want to do a tour that properly shows off our mindset and position of the band, and we'll be playing 53 performances in live houses. We hope that our hearts are conveyed properly on this tour.」

—47 prefectures. 53 performances. That's turned out to be tremendous schedule.
MAMI:「We'll be touring from spring until summer in 2017 (laughs).」
TOMOMI:「We actually haven't played a solo concert this year yet, and since there are a handful of prefectures we haven't been to yet, it's like we're finally conquering each place with the sense of finally being able to fill them out one by one--we're very excited for that.」

—Incidentally, what prefectures haven't you been to yet?
TOMOMI:「Kochi, Gifu, Saga, and Miyazaki. Those 4, I think.」
MAMI:「It's like, "Thanks for waiting for us."」
TOMOMI:「We've been talking for several years about wanting to play in all 47 prefectures, so it feels like we've waited until the timing was right.」
RINA:「We really love live houses and love to play lives, so we're also really excited to be able to play lives every day. Although we always go on tours, it's not like we're able to go on a 47 prefecture tour every time. There are many people who come from faraway places to see us, and it's like we're including our feelings of gratitude and saying "Next time we're going to your cities."」
HARUNA:「Since everyone came to our hometown for our 10th anniversary live, next we'll be touring around with the fighting spirit of going around to all of the prefectures and going on a tour on support of our best album, so it'd make us happy if we could have many people listen to all kinds of our songs. We want to tour around while including our 10 years of thanks.」

SCANDAL's T-Card: 「It makes us a bit nervous (laughs)」
T-SITE Interview YYCwp9z
T-SITE Interview IINb6Rf

—The tour will contain best-like material, won't it?
RINA:「We'll include many standard songs. We'll also add in our 2 new songs.」
MAMI:「We haven't decided on the set list yet, but we'd like to come up with something that can be enjoyed. Since we have many songs, it'd be great if we could change the songs we'd want to play on that day and be able to tour while changing it up.」
TOMOMI:「It'll be at the very center of the lives.」

—Playing at live houses from spring until summer; it's looking like it'll steadily get hotter.
MAMI:「The smallest ones have capacities of 200 or 300, so we're really looking forward to those.」
HARUNA:「We want to do our best as we're dripping with sweat (laughs).」

—Also, it was recently announced that a SCANDAL T-Card will be coming out.
All:「We're so happy!」
MAMI:「I need to go buy it (laughs).」

—Do all of you regularly use a T-Card?
All:「We do!」
TOMOMI:「I take it out in all kinds of places and save up points. It makes me a bit nervous every time I think of how a card with our picture on it is coming out (laughs).」

—When you ask about stories from people who use collaboration cards, it seems that store employees will talk to you about your card when you pull it it out.
MAMI:「It does seem like that's something that would happen.」

—You're suddenly revealed, like, "I'm a SCANDAL fan!"
MAMI:「Yeah, it's like proof that you're a fan (laughs).」
TOMOMI:「That makes me happy.」

http://top.tsite.jp/news/j-pop/i/34002558/

#front-page

T-SITE Interview 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: T-SITE Interview
Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:58 am

drbo4un

drbo4un

Caless Student
Caless Student
greate thanks for the tranlation)))

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:27 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I see Tomomi is being Sporty Spice Happy

T-SITE Interview Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Loving their looks. 
Also is this TCard like some sort of debit/credit card, or something special?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:00 pm

abadanalyn00

abadanalyn00

Caless Student
Caless Student
As always expected from you miss Jade! You're translation is very awesome! Thank you very much! I love their playful answer and mood! I've enjoyed reading this interview!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Can't take my eyes off of Mami.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:20 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Star~world96® wrote:Also is this TCard like some sort of debit/credit card, or something special?

It's a point card from media retailer TSUTAYA that you can use at a bunch of stores in Japan and a few stores overseas. Accumulate enough points and you can apply them towards the cost of future purchases.

T-SITE Interview 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

T-SITE Interview #2
Posted Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:04 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

SCANDAL releases a best album filled with their ten years of emotions!
T-SITE Interview 34365536_82283

SCANDAL, who recently celebrated their tenth anniversary, released their best album 『SCANDAL』 that was created based on fan votes. The members realized anew that what they've been communicating during the past ten years, were properly communicated. They spoke about the thoughts that are included into the strongest best album created together with the fans.

SCAFES felt like we were gifted a present by the audience

T-SITE Interview 34365536_82284

―Speaking about last year, could you please look back on your triumphant return live in Osaka held in August?

MAMI: 「Our tenth year came around, and on that day our staff we're always indebted to and a large number of people came out. You really could see everyone's faces when you looked out to the crowd from the stage. We made it here because so many people supported us. We felt that anew.」

HARUNA: 「It was a day where we felt so much love. The times that people--like our staff that has worked hard with us for the past ten years, fans who support us, people who started liking us recently and came out, staff that have gotten involved recently--have known us all differ, but it was so moving to see that every single person came out on this day, at this time, to this place.」

TOMOMI: 「The exact date of the tenth year of our formation was a Sunday and the venue we played at in our hometown of Osaka was so open. If you really think about it, everything was miracle-like. We felt so lucky to have connections with all kinds of people during the past ten years. We felt anew that it wasn't just the power of the four of us, but the many people and things around us that helped us out to make it this far.」

RINA: 「Our image of summer being all about festivals is so strong that we look forward to summer festivals every year, but in 2016 we held off on doing other festivals since we'd be playing SCAFES (SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL『2006-2016) and focused solely on that. That's why we were truly able to put our souls into it, and when we look on that day from here on, we'll think of how it was an emotionally moving day. We played a lot of songs, and being able to see that scenery on our tenth anniversary and the fact that so many people came out made it feel like we were gifted a present by the audience. It was a day that got us pumped up for what's next.」

―I see. Was it a day where you were able to feel that you've come this far?

RINA: 「The amount of our songs have grown (laughs).」

MAMI: 「That's right. If anything, more than saying "We've come so far," it's that the amount of our songs have grown (laughs).」

We wanted to make a strong best album that didn't retrace our history

T-SITE Interview 34365536_82285

―Well, this best album is called 『SCANDAL』 (laughs), and you had the fans vote for the songs. Please tell us how that came to be.

MAMI: 「We discussed how we should choose the songs. With creating the best album of the strongest with the fans, we didn't retrace our history nor go in release order; we wanted to make the strongest best album and had our audience vote. Many popular live songs made it in, and since our activities have revolved around live shows, we went with a line-up that properly conveys that to our audience.」

―「SCANDAL BABY」 was voted #1. Do you all understand the results of the voting?

HARUNA: 「We get it! We totally get it. 『SCANDAL BABY』's a song that has grown as we've performed lives. It's the first track off our first album, and back then we didn't think that everyone would love it this much. Now, it feels like we can't end our lives if we don't play this song. It feels like we were able to reconfirm that the audience feels about it the same way we do.」

MAMI: 「If SCANDAL was a country, this would be our national anthem (laughs). The audience thinks of it in the same way, and like what HARUNA just said, it feels like we can't end a show if we don't play this. It's a song that brings everyone together.」

TOMOMI: 「Not only 『SCANDAL BABY』, but there are plenty of songs on the album that we've created together at lives with everyone. We were able to reconfirm that we are sending a lifestyle centered around lives. I was very happy when I saw this ranking.」

There was no other option but to name our best album 「SCANDAL」

T-SITE Interview 34365536_82286

―Did you put the songs in randomly rather than put them in ranking order?

RINA: 「The first thing we decided on was to split the album into two discs and then began dividing up the songs between the two. We thought about what songs go with what songs after pairing them up.」

MAMI: 「While choosing songs like, "Maybe this song is in a similar position to this song?", we wanted to make the content of both discs sound roughly the same. We chose them as if making one disc with the same strength.」

―So you made those two discs thinking in that way. You can enjoy these varied ten years since the eras are all over the place, like, "Oh! My voice sounds so young!"

HARUNA: 「Our voices have changed quite a bit (laughs).」

MAMI: 「In the lyric booklet we put the release dates of the songs. So, we make you think, "Ah, so the song with vocals I thought sounded fresh is an earlier song," while looking at the booklet. That's one of the ways you can enjoy it.」

―All kinds of people, like those who have always been fans or those who are recent fans, can enjoy it.

HARUNA: 「Yeah. That's why there was no other option but to name our best album 『SCANDAL』.」

MAMI: 「We waited until the time was right. It felt like we reserved it for this time.」

―Are there any songs that you again felt were turning points for you?

HARUNA: 「There are a lot of them. Going in order, 『Shoujo S』 and 『Shunkan Sentimental』 were songs that got a lot of people to learn about SCANDAL. They're both anime theme songs, and we were able to make even deeper connections with foreign countries by having done them. Although we've had a link to foreign countries ever since our indie days, we've gotten to go more often. They are songs that let us to go on solo tours and have increased our opportunities to have people all over hear them.」

TOMOMI: 「I'm so happy that light music club bands cover our songs at school festivals even now.」

MAMI: 「『Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne』 was the first single we released after our solo live at Osaka-Jo Hall. Playing a solo live at Osaka-Jo Hall had been our dream from the start, and because it was after we accomplished that goal, I think it's a single that we put all of our enthusiasm in and made us decide to do our best again with this new start.」

RINA: 「I feel the same as everyone else. 『Shunkan Sentimental』 and 『Shoujo S』 were what got people to learn about us, and 『Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne』 was our new departure after fulfilling our dream.」

Two new songs 「FREEDOM FIGHTERS」 and 「HELLO」 on the best album

T-SITE Interview 34365536_82287

―Disc 1 and disc 2 both have one new song apiece, don't they?

MAMI: 「Sorry, we just finished recording them exactly two days before this interview (laughs). Both of them are completely different from each other, with one being a pop song and the other being a killer rock tune.」

HARUNA: 「The title of the songs are 『FREEDOM FIGHTERS』 and 『HELLO』. 『FREEDOM FIGHTERS』 is a rock tune and 『HELLO』 is a pop song but is also a bit of sad love song. We're a band that has been expressing our intentions in all kinds of forms, like we're saying, "This is us now," and 『FREEDOM FIGHTERS』 is one where we could convey that in a new way. It's a very loud, heavy song. I really want people to listen to this because the bass is so cool in it. For 『HELLO』, it was completed as a demo about a year ago and has been on the warmer ever since. We talked about how now's the time to release it and put it on the album.」

RINA: 「The album hits stores on Valentine's Day. We included it to be a warm, seasonal love song--rather, we included it since we thought it'd be nice to have a winter song like this on it. I really like this one too.」

HARUNA: 「The two songs are extreme opposites and their situations are completely different. Rather, 『FREEDOM FIGHTERS』 is a song that'll really make our 47 prefecture tour fun; 『HELLO』 is a song you can listen to leisurely at home, and one we want you to listen to while thinking of people important to you.」

―Please tell us your outlook on what's next for SCANDAL as you're off to a new start after ten years.

MAMI: 「We've come this far and are in all-out attack mode again--rather, with ten years behind us, we'll keep running onwards. Even if things don't calm down a bit, there are still many things we haven't yet done, and because there are so many places we haven't been to yet, including overseas, we want to go forward without being satisfied with our current situation.」

HARUNA: 「I hope we can do our activities while making sure to maintain our own pace. We've made it to ten years, were able to release our best album in this way, and were able to see many things while being able to digest them and send them out, so I want us to keep our attitudes the same and keep on keeping on.」

TOMOMI: 「We'll center ourselves around live shows, as usual. For what we've experienced many things both privately and work-related as we've grown older, what we want to convey; what we want to sing about; and what we can say have continued to significantly increase, so I hope to be able to be relaxed doing these things while believing in ourselves in those moments.」

RINA: 「In 2017 there are so many actions we want to do that truly convey our hearts. We want to have even more friends and have confidence in the songs we're making now and the songs we've completed, so we really want to make sure to send them out. We want all kinds of people to see our lives, understand us, and like us. So, we'll make a ton of songs and play lives with a bang.」

http://top.tsite.jp/entertainment/j-pop/i/34365536/

#front-page

T-SITE Interview 39iLxaW

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:07 am

drbo4un

drbo4un

Caless Student
Caless Student
great thanks for the translation))

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:33 pm

CanadianClub

CanadianClub

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks again for translating the interviews...it is so great to be able to read them. To hear their views and opinions really helps to understand what motivates these 4 ladies. I do have a question, and I know this will probably sound stupid, but was the 10th Anniversary a Free show they put on for their fans...kind of like some artists do in the states in Central Park ? It sounds like they wanted to put it on, and were surprised that all of their staff showed up to help out as well. It was an amazing show and I did buy the blu ray...the crowd was huge !

Thanks for clarifying that for me @thoseguiltyeyes Happy I get what you were saying about the staff...that is an amazing venue with a great view of the harbour as well...it also looked to be a very hot day with the crowd getting hosed off regularly. Cool to hear what the ticket prices were as well Happy

Last edited by CanadianClub on Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:52 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

CanadianClub wrote:was the 10th Anniversary a Free show they put on for their fans...kind of like some artists do in the states in Central Park ? It sounds like they wanted to put it on, and were surprised that all of their staff showed up to help out as well. It was an amazing show and I did buy the blu ray...the crowd was huge !

This was not a free show lol. Tickets were 7,560 yen (around $75 USD at the time) and it was held at a huge (20,000 person capacity) outdoor venue usually used for summer music festivals with many other artists performing, AKA this was definitely not anything like Central Park.

It's not that they were surprised that their staff actually showed up, because their staff were definitely supposed to show up. It's kind of their job. Tongue It's kind of like, at the end of the day, your boss thanking you for coming and working. It's not that you showed up and did all that work only because you just felt like it--one of the main reasons why you did it is because it's your job. The band's just describing what that day was like and expressing their gratitude for the staff for showing up (like they were supposed to lol) and helping them throughout the years and also with the tenth anniversary live.

T-SITE Interview 39iLxaW

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:12 am

okiefan

okiefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

They do have one of, if not the, BEST STAFF in the world, Those folks always do an awesome job
and yes , they do it for us,too ! From the always great sound to the light and video shows, to the instrument swapouts and just the little things that keep it all working smoothly, Those people do not get enough credit, for sure!! My hat is off to the STAFF!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.