You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Tomomi Tops Google Trends!
Posted Mon May 25, 2020 4:13 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Google Trends shows how often a search is done for a subject. In this case, I compared searches for each band member, and over the last 5 years, Tomomi averaged the most. Please see the link below. You can see lots of stuff. Like Haruna and Rina are the most popular in France, and poor Tomomi doesn't even rate enough to show in Brazil! If you switch to just looking at Japan, you can see who is popular in each prefecture. Also note the countries that show interest are also the countries Scandal visits on tours.
If you switch to looking at the last 12 months, all of a sudden Tomomi is huge in China. What happened there? When looking at the 5 year map, China didn't seem to have enough interest in the band to even show up on the map!
And look at the peak when Haruna turned 30. That's cool.
You can also put in a custom time range, starting in 2008 and see how they were at the height of their powers in 2013-14. You can also see they've been hanging in there pretty well over the years.
Note the graph is relative. 100 just represents the peak search point. It could be a hundred searches or a million, you can't tell. So 50 is half as many searches. Still, it gives you an idea about when and where people are interested in the band.
I hope you find this link useful.
Tomomi. How about that!

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=%2Fm%2F0knjk5s,%2Fm%2F0knjk67,%2Fm%2F0knjk6q,%2Fm%2F0knjk75&hl=en-US

Oh, and here's the last 7 days. You can see two peaks on Mami's birthday, as people try to figure out time zones, I guess, and a peak when Rina announced her YouTube channel. Neat, huh?

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now%207-d&q=%2Fm%2F0knjk5s,%2Fm%2F0knjk67,%2Fm%2F0knjk6q,%2Fm%2F0knjk75&hl=en-US

Last edited by hogradish on Mon May 25, 2020 6:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional information to make the post seem cooler.)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Re: Tomomi Tops Google Trends!
Posted Mon May 25, 2020 11:48 am

Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
From the looks of things, they (as individuals) were more popular in 2004 than they are today so I'm not sure what's going on there!

Tomomi Tops Google Trends! 2foml0
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 25, 2020 12:32 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah, that's odd. Maybe classmates spying on each other? Imperfect data culling algorithms? (I may have made that term up)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 25, 2020 2:57 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Problem with these stats on Trend, as its based on the English search terms, it just means whoever searches these terms in English/Romaji. If you are logged in to google as a lot of people are, people would just search their first name and google would adjust to mean a Scandal member, or people who can read Japanese they may search in Romanji/Katakana or Kana, all which gives different trend results.....

i.e. trends for "Haruna" "はるな" ”ハルナ” "小野春菜" would all give different trend results as its all different data set. You rarely see Japanese fans use Scandal's full name on SNS so I doubt it would be searched. Even in the Japanese press media, Scandal are only referred as their first name in capital letters, never their full name, I can bet you most fan probably don't know their names in Kanji, as their are many Kanjis with the same sound. Also check the hashtag #小野春菜 in tweeter its rarely used

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 25, 2020 4:34 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@wildthing:
If I just type in "scandal" in Google, I get results for TV shows and government fraud and stuff. I'm sure that happens in all countries. Therefore, it sorta forces people to be more specific if they want results, I'm thinking.

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today%205-y&q=Scandal%20band,Scandal%20band%20japan,%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%83%AB,scandal

Above is a chart for different 'Scandal" searches. You can see how just "scandal" in English dwarfs the other search terms. Remove it, and things clear up. Sort "Interest for" the search term スキャンダル and it dominates in Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea, and accounts for 20% in the US.
In other words, it's possible to get more accurate results depending on the search terms you put in, I agree. I encourage you to experiment! It's fun!

Thought: Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is a pretty unambiguous search term. You are unlikely to get results for anything but a Japanese pop star. You can compare searches for her name in Google Trends using all 4 alphabets. That might be interesting.....

Last edited by hogradish on Mon May 25, 2020 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added thoughts)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 26, 2020 7:39 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
heh I google "Scandal" every result on the whole page for me related to the band Happy 

If I do a incognito browser search, it tends to be Scandal and then other results for the US TV series.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 26, 2020 12:11 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
wildthing wrote:heh I google "Scandal" every result on the whole page for me related to the band Happy 
You have trained your browser well!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.