Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL Instruments Thread
Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:28 am

albumin

albumin

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami used a new guitar in her live performance!

a fender jaguar i think equipped with P90s! cool tone!

she also used a wah pedal in that video (pride).. i dont know the brand...

Scandal Baby! .upwalk.

Gears
2010 Ibanez GRGA11 Candy Apple Red
NiCai BB+ Custom (BB Preamp Clone)
Kustom Dual 35DFX
Behringer GM108
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 pm

asuna

asuna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://thebudgetgeek.blogspot.com
Nikki wrote:
macdyne73 wrote:As far as I know at the moment, SCANDAL usually uses standard tuning (E A D G B E). However, from my observation, there are at least 3 songs (Pride, Cute & Roppongi Suicide) that are dropped half a step (Eb Ab C# F# Bb Eb). I'm almost certain about Pride and Cute but I could be wrong about Roppongi Suicide.

Thanx for the answer. That is what i wanted to know.
They use dropped tuning in "pride" and "cute", which are (as far as we know) their latest tracks. So maybe they are going to make this tuning their usual since then? It would be interesting...

either that, or its time for TOMO to get a 5-string bass Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:51 pm

moshimoshisaranghae

moshimoshisaranghae

Caless Student
Caless Student
Does anyone know what brand and type of drumstick Rina uses? I'd like to try what she is using hehe .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:37 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:55 am

moshimoshisaranghae

moshimoshisaranghae

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Lexian
thanks for the info .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:16 pm

ShiroYuurei

ShiroYuurei

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Does Mami has a jaguar or she just "borrowed" it .hmmm.

when PRIDE starts she is changing the guitar

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 Sig15SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 Poptar10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:09 pm

Nikki

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, It seems like she really has. Why not? ^ ^

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Lexian

Lexian

That's actually not a Jaguar but a Jazzmaster.
There's a slight difference in appearance between the two.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:48 pm

Rinaland

Rinaland

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ShiroYuurei wrote:
What happens with Haruna's voice on this performance? she look like she "can't breath" or a little exhausted... What do you think?

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 Fotodflog2
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:52 pm

machentuchen_08

machentuchen_08

Caless Student
Caless Student
i want one fender tele haru-chan use! .fustrated.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Nikki

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ Haha. In that case I want AmericanStandartStratocaster HSS ^__^ (that black one Mami uses :D)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:49 am

L

Caless Student
Caless Student
Speaking of which if I were to paint the custom finish on bodies, would anyone be seriously interested in buying? Although, I'm reluctant because I don't want a bunch of them being made which kind of detracts the special-ness of it. I'm currently matching colours and I'm on my way. I'm still far from completion though, I'm in the planning stages.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:56 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
L wrote:Speaking of which if I were to paint the custom finish on bodies, would anyone be seriously interested in buying? Although, I'm reluctant because I don't want a bunch of them being made which kind of detracts the special-ness of it. I'm currently matching colours and I'm on my way. I'm still far from completion though, I'm in the planning stages.

For a while I was poking around to see how expensive it would be to make a 'clone' of Tomomi's red bass, but I couldn't find anyone local who's portfolio didn't looks really amateurish... Any idea what the ballpark cost on custom paint jobs is in general?

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 am

L

Caless Student
Caless Student
320x200 wrote:
L wrote:Speaking of which if I were to paint the custom finish on bodies, would anyone be seriously interested in buying? Although, I'm reluctant because I don't want a bunch of them being made which kind of detracts the special-ness of it. I'm currently matching colours and I'm on my way. I'm still far from completion though, I'm in the planning stages.

For a while I was poking around to see how expensive it would be to make a 'clone' of Tomomi's red bass, but I couldn't find anyone local who's portfolio didn't looks really amateurish... Any idea what the ballpark cost on custom paint jobs is in general?

If you were looking to ask someone else to do it that would depend on the person because some people like to charge a large premium for their 'artsy' stuff.

I think a price including cost of materials and a modest service charge for the work involved with Tomomi's red bass would run into $500USD for the body to be done (service + cost of body), and I kind of feel like I'm exaggerating it a bit. It doesn't look too difficult to do, and if you had equipment lying around or were willing to invest a little bit of money you could do it yourself and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:57 am

Lexian

Lexian

In case anyone would like to try and make a replica of Tomomi's red Jazz Bass, Fetal Panic Ink sell Tomo's signature stripe decal.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:58 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Nice, thanks for the info guys. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:00 am

L

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ah... I don't know why a decal slipped my mind. A decal would be much cheaper than painting the racing stripes on the body. If it were thin enough maybe you could even apply it as a water slide decal so it look a little bit more seamless, but it would require a bit more effort.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Total noob question, but any idea if Tomomi's actual bass is painted or a decal? I took a look at some videos and, other than it looking more like a slightly off-white rather than straight-white, I'm not sure I could tell the difference...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:54 am

L

Caless Student
Caless Student
That is a fair question, I'm not quite sure to be honest.

I haven't dealt with vinyl decals enough to know the ins and outs of them, but I find they tend to take on a more matte finish.

I took these screen captures from a special aired on MUSIC JAPAN (9/25/10)
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 YmUUR
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 UBxda

Compared (albiet unfair) to these competition stripes applied with a decal from the link Lexian provided.

SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 Compswing
Source:
http://www.shortscale.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=778141&sid=7a990005be39342ece5b5bfa3f0f00e2

It is an unfair comparison because the lighting conditions are different, but the stripe doesn't appear to be as glossy as the rest of the body as opposed to Tomomi's stripe which appears to be glossy. I think it may be painted, but I am not entirely sure. If there were more high quality videos or pictures available it would be possible to tell.

For those curious, I have a feeling that Mami's custom Stratocaster might've been applied with a water slide decal or something because of the way the light refracts off it. The light kind of contours around the circles rather than going straight over it as if it were covered with an additional layer of lacquer. I saw it quite a few times in a live situation and I'm almost convinced it's raised slightly off the body, the only way to make me 100% certain is if Mami told me herself.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:04 am

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ahh, I see. I took a quick look in the WOWOW broadcast from First Live (highest res video I have) for shinyness, and it does look like the stripe is equally shiny compared to the rest of the finish. The reflection in the lower left continues right across the stripes.
SCANDAL Instruments Thread - Page 14 Shine

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:06 am

L

Caless Student
Caless Student
I think this as close as you can get to a confirmation that it was painted.

ボディに描かれたムスタングのようなコンペティション・ストライプはカスタマイズ。

It says it was customised to have a Mustang Competition Stripe painted on to the body, but I don't know how reliable the source is.

Source:
http://scandata.web.fc2.com/#Yusuke

The image you just posted really looks like it was painted rather than stuck on.

I also found it interesting that there was more to the Jazz bass than I could see. It appears that there is an active pickup installed on the bass. I'm not too familiar with the modification of basses, but I assume there must be a cavity routed in the back.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:14 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This just in:- If any one of you follow Tomomi on Tweeter, you will know that she is either thinking about buying a new bass guitar or already in the process of buying one (Google translate doesn't do well in clearing this up for me).

Waiting for pics...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:54 am

L

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ah, nice!

I should probably sign up on Twitter again. I wonder what it is... I have always wanted to see her with a Rickenbacker 4001 ever since I saw her with one in animated form.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:19 am

Nikki

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
macdyne73 wrote:This just in:- If any one of you follow Tomomi on Tweeter, you will know that she is either thinking about buying a new bass guitar or already in the process of buying one (Google translate doesn't do well in clearing this up for me).

Waiting for pics...

Woah, one more new bass? That's interesting, cuz
I though, she had recently bought one.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:45 am

Lexian

Lexian

@macdyne73:
Can you share the original tweet please?
Although possible, I find it hard to believe that Tomomi would get an even newer bass guitar. >>
Sabao, the sparkly p-bass, hasnt even been used for an entire year yet!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.