Go down

JDrama/Movies [Page 14 of 19]

Re: JDrama/Movies
Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:00 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I don't really like to watch online..my wifi is very bad, and for online dramas the subtitles are not very correct. I download all jdramas cause the subbing are made by special subbing teams..and i like to watch dramas HD or Full HD and then to keep them on DVDs to watch all the time.

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:28 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For what it's worth, I think that site does have the capacity for downloads; I just haven't bothered to download them since the streaming is smooth. The main reason I like the site is because of the sheer amount of stuff they have dating back tot he early 1990's and including dramas that were on television just a few months ago. I used to watch a lot on Dailymotion, but their streaming is pretty crappy, and they have a ton of advertisements that interrupt the stream at odd points in the story.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:38 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Joshua10red wrote:Anyway...now i start watching "Zenkai Girl (Full Throttle Girl)" with Aragaki Yui and Nishikido Ryo. This love story is amazing.... i can`t wait to see what happens next....ep 5 now watching

What a coincidence. I am watching that too, although I've only just started. Just finished chapter 3. I'm also watching another legal drama with Fukada Kyoko called Onna wa Sore wo Yurusanai, but I've to watch this online. I actually saw the poster for the drama in the subway stations for Tokyo Metro last month.

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 Woman_zpsf51f2d88

BTW with D-addicts down, where can I, y'know, "find" HD dramas? ^^ Anyway, I'm pretty happy to watch 'em online temporarily.

saldiven wrote:Honestly, I don't know how the site actually makes money or how they've gotten the rights to the incredibly extensive library of shows they have, but I'm not complaining.

I have a feeling the site hasn't acquired any rights to the dramas. Have a look at the Dramacool "about us" link ^^

Last edited by maharizm on Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:21 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'll check when I get home. Did you have a chance to check out their library of titles? It's ridiculous. The browse function isn't very good, but the search function works fine. For example, if you search by year, none of the Gokusen seasons will show up, but if you search by series name, all three seasons and the specials are all there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:51 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
saldiven wrote:The browse function isn't very good, but the search function works fine. For example, if you search by year, none of the Gokusen seasons will show up, but if you search by series name, all three seasons and the specials are all there.

i just had a quick random look at dramacool cos I'm having trouble finding a reliable site. About what you mentioned, the website owners apparently has trouble differentiating between movies and normal dramas. Clicking on one show under "Drama Shows" links to a movie, while the dramas you mentioned can be found under "Drama Movies".

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:27 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh absolutely. To really be able to find something, you need to already know the name of what you're looking for. However, the link for the "most popular" works has yielded some gems, IMO.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:42 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Has anyone heard of this vintage love story called "The World of Two People" starring Komaki Kurihara and the late Muga Takewaki?

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
saldiven wrote:Oh absolutely. To really be able to find something, you need to already know the name of what you're looking for. However, the link for the "most popular" works has yielded some gems, IMO.

Exactly. The way I look for new things to watch is by checking out the D-Addicts wiki pages - either by typing my fav actors (hence finding out if they have anything out recently), or by looking at the list of dramas released by year.

There'll be the occasional dud, but I tend to figure that out by the first episode, and stop watching it. Hehe.

metalleo wrote:About what you mentioned, the website owners apparently has trouble differentiating between movies and normal dramas. Clicking on one show under "Drama Shows" links to a movie, while the dramas you mentioned can be found under "Drama Movies".

Noticed that too. Another site I use is http://myasiantv.com/ or if I am on my iPad, there's an app called Dramot ('drama-to-go').

I think the only legal portal hosting anime/dramas at the mo is Crunchyroll which still has a limited number of titles available compared to the above.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 am

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

ok now that I'm properly awake, I took a closer look at dramacool, and nah, I don't really like it, since a lot of dramas are missing from their browse page, which kinds of defeats the purpose of the browse page in the first place.

I've been using gooddrama.net for a good while now, and although I'm still ok with it, I'm looking for alternatives because each of their episodes are split into 3 separate videos which is kind of annoying. I like the range of genre sortings they have (apart from the usual, they also have genres like food, legal, medical and political etc)

myasiantv looked promising at the start, until I realised there is no proper title sorting by alphabet, that there are only 2 pages of japanese dramas, and the fact they translated some of the Japanese titles when I prefer to search for the romanised titles instead (I was looking for N no Tameni when I found it listed as The Testimony of N).

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:21 am

alrick13

alrick13

planning to watch Water Polo Yankees mainly because of Sakurako Ohara and Yua Shinkawa

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:37 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@Mararizm: That's primarily how I find a drama I want to watch, too. I discover a few actors/actresses I like, and then look at their filmography to find new potential things I want to watch. Then, I search for those movies/dramas by name.

@Metalleo: I used gooddrama.net, too, previously. I agree that the split up files is annoying. Also, for some reason, my browser seemed to want to lock up a lot when trying to use their site. I don't know if it's because of the advertisements on the page or what, but it got to be super annoying, which is why I started looking elsewhere. Any ideas how to improve the streaming issues with gooddrama?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:23 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
@saldiven: ehh I don't really know, because I haven't had any issues with it so far, which is why I'm still sticking to it. Streaming is pretty smooth and the site itself is pretty free of problems for me. If you think the ads are the problem you could try installing Adblock first and see what happens? I'm using Chrome with Adblock installed

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm using Chrome, but don't have adblock installed. That might help.

The issues I have with gooddrama aren't as bad as those that I have with dailymotion, but they're similar. The first 2/3 or so of the video works fine, but then gets slower and slower until it locks up the browser entirely.

Meanwhile, back on topic, I finished watching Shitsuren Chocolatier last night.

Well.....meh. I mean, it's well acted. Matsumoto Jun is always solid. The characters all ended up sympathetic by the end of the series, so I actually cared what happened to them. I just found the ending unsatisfying because none of the main romantic entanglements ended up the way I hoped they would go. Obviously, that's just personal preference. I would recommend the series to anyone interested in light romantic dramas. Just be prepared that it doesn't have the perfect, sweet ending you see in ones like Hana Yori Dango, Good Luck!, Ohitorisama, Boku dake no Madonna, or similar.

Last edited by saldiven on Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar/spelling)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:23 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
alrick13 wrote:planning to watch Water Polo Yankees mainly because of Sakurako Ohara and Yua Shinkawa

Let me know how that one goes. I've seen it around several times but haven't clicked on it yet. Buzzer Beat ended up being a lot better than I expected, so maybe this sports based series might be good, too....

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:30 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I wasn't sure about My Rainy Days (I find romatic dramas involving a main character having a sickness to be annoying to watch) but after watching it, I don't regret it at all. It has a good story. I recommend it!

Previously known as HugoDisastersJDrama/Movies - Page 14 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:51 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh, yes, I watched My Rainy Days.

That one was, for me, pretty tough to watch. It was kind of intense, emotionally. The ending was good, but there were some tough moments with some of the characters going through some rough times. I think Nozomi Sasaki did a good job in that one, and I look forward to seeing her in playing other parts.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
saldiven wrote:Oh, yes, I watched My Rainy Days.

That one was, for me, pretty tough to watch. It was kind of intense, emotionally. The ending was good, but there were some tough moments with some of the characters going through some rough times. I think Nozomi Sasaki did a good job in that one, and I look forward to seeing her in playing other parts.
Yeah, I agree. It was my first time seeing Nozomi in a main role and I can't say I'm disappointed at all. I'm looking forward to seeing more of her!

Previously known as HugoDisastersJDrama/Movies - Page 14 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:36 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I think I might try Kurofuku Monogatari tonight. I was looking for a new one to try out, and it's one Nozomi stars in.

Hrm...it's so new that I might not be able to find it with English subs, though....

Edit: Interestingly, Kashiwagi Yuki and Iriyama Anna (from AKB48) are both in this drama, as well. I think I've seen one other thing with Kashiwagi in it that I liked, but I've never seen anything with Iriyama in it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:56 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I might start to watch Kurofuku Monogatari (because Anna Iriyama is in). Currently, I'm watching "Ohitorisama" and "Sailor Zombie". The first one is more for practicing my listening (I study vocab and I watch with japanese subs) and the second is because that's an AKB drama.

For movies, I've seen Gantz 1 & 2 last month. I was browsing Youtube and I saw the trailer so I watched it. A good action/SF movie with a bit of romance.

JDrama/Movies - Page 14 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:39 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I actually like Ohitorisama. The lead actress was pretty good, and the lead actor has been in a lot of different stuff (though, it seems like he's typically cast playing the same type of character. I don't know how much of an acting range he has).

BTW, I like your sig.

Edit:

Last night, I started watching Kimi wa Petto. So far, I really like it. It's light hearted and endearing so far. Matsumoto Jun is pretty funny, and isn't playing the "cool" type character he got famous for in Gokusen and Hana Yori Dango. So far, his character seems more air-headed, but I'm not sure if that isn't some sort of emotional defense mechanism for the character or not, yet, because there's still some secrecy about his character's back-story.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:40 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
I agree, she's good. I don't know if it's just me, but when I first saw her, I was like "wow, she's tall" (compared to other people around her, plus she was wearing heels). The lead actor's acting is sometimes odd, but maybe it's his character (when he's with Sawai Kimika). The teacher in sport clothes makes me laugh.

Thank you ! (my) Milky .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
HugoDisasters wrote:I wasn't sure about My Rainy Days (I find romatic dramas involving a main character having a sickness to be annoying to watch) but after watching it, I don't regret it at all. It has a good story. I recommend it!

I was going thru YouTube and only then I realised My Rainy Days is Tenshi no Koi. Which I already have for quite some time and is in the list of films to be watched.

Now you've made me wanna go check it out which I will this weekend. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:29 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@darksider59: Mizuki Alisa is 170cm tall (about 5'7" in standard measurements), so she's quite tall. Google says that the average height for a woman in Japan is 5'2", or 157 cm. Koike Teppei is 168 cm, or 5'6". The heels make the height difference seem even greater.

Milky is pretty distinctive to me. She has a really nice smile.

@maharizm: You'll like the movie if you like the more intense, emotional type dramas. They're a bit much for me to really enjoy, but I can understand how people would like this one. I feel that it's pretty well acted, and the characters are sympathetic by the end of the movie.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:49 am

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@saldiven
I see, she's indeed over the average japanese height for a woman.

I agree, I'm currently in love with her solo song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:09 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I finished Kimi wa Petto. I liked it. It was a play on the older woman-younger man romance story. It had comedic elements coupled with serious elements, and it worked out well. I like it when there's a happy ending. I actually didn't know that Matsumoto Jun is (or at least was when he was younger) a pretty accomplished modern dancer. He does a creditable job in the dance scenes in the series, since he plays an up-and-coming, aspiring professional dancer. I think it's definitely worth watching. In the genre of "older woman-younger guy romance," it's probably not as good as Boku Dake no Madonna, but a bit better than Ohitorisama...probably on the same level as Last Cinderella.

@Darksider59:  Had you seen this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pFBWRxpDCk

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.