Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down

Acoustic Album [Page 1 of 2]

Acoustic Album
Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:19 am

shawnydee

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello thaar everyone! well ive been thinking for some time now and i think that SCANDAL should do an acoustic album or single. two on guitar, switch with vocals, and since ive heard that rina has been playing piano for some time now, it would be perfect for her to showcase her other talents. well yea just a thought let me know what yall think of it.

Back to top Go down

Re: Acoustic Album
Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:47 am

alrick13

alrick13

I would suggest an unplugged album for more musical dimension to their songs

Acoustic Album AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:50 am

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Would be nice, but I wouldn't hold your breath. Most of the girls' songs just wouldn't sound right without electrical instruments IMO. Except for a select few.

Acoustic Album R7kd9g

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
That would be quite nice I'd like listen that album (if they ever release one) I want to her Rina her own song... whilst playing the piano like Lady Gaga does...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

Acoustic Album Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:05 pm

Alice

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Really want to hear that, in example Sayonara my Friend in full acoustic, or Switch acoustic or namida no regret acoustic can be really great

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 pm

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
An acoustic song from SCANDAL eh?,...I think that would be great!...If ever they make one...I would love to hear it.,..add to that,.I'd also love to hear Rina-chan play keyboard~...but if they do make one,..won't their fans miss their usual garage rock type of music?....

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:10 pm

yuiseven

yuiseven

International Performer
International Performer
hmm...for single album....should be a great idea...but for full album...hmmm....like @aniholic said....fans will miss their rock W(^___~)W Genr music..hihihi~

Acoustic Album Rinto_zps0e831a3a
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:27 pm

kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
I think it's a great idea! We've always been saying how SCANDAL has been trying out new things musically as they continue to grow as a band... Well. It can't get any more "new" than that. It's certainly something they haven't done yet, and it would make for a quite different yet very interesting release that would definitely get fans curious and excited.

As far as song choices are concerned, I say any song of theirs is fair game. Granted, SCANDAL has their own unique sound (garage/pop-rock). And for that sound to be, in a word, "re-imagined" acoustically is something that most of us would probably consider as either unthinkable or impossible, since we're all used to SCANDAL sounding in that unique way. But I'd like to keep an open mind, and I would like for them (should they actually consider the idea) to hit us all with their best shot on this one and surprise us -- just as they always have. :)

I remember the "Unplugged" sessions that Nirvana did on MTV a very long while back. Before I watched clips of it on YouTube, I had always thought that "About A Girl" was untouchable, and couldn't be done any other way. But once I heard it played in an acoustic version, I was pleasantly surprised. They actually managed to pull it off. And after that, I preferred the acoustic much more than the original. I would like for SCANDAL to do just that, to give us a pleasant surprise. Who knows? Maybe they can pull off the same feat with, say, "SPACE RANGER". :P

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:44 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
I think it will be great but in an acoustic version I really don't think that tomomi and mami voice can suit it. they have not that type of voice.
but if they will do an acoustic album I will really happy if they will do yes,acoustic version but without voice. that will be something strange,new and amazing *___*

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 pm

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
An acoustic album sounds good! But just like @reilachii, TOMOMI and MAMI don't sound like the type that would suit an acoustic song. If they do plan to have an acoustic song, I think that they would have HARUNA and possibly RINA sing.

Back to top Go down

a supplementary question
Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:49 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

An all acoustic album can be considered. It'll be a novelty and a good chance to show off their "natural" sound.

As for their sound not being "suitable" for an acoustic set, Nirvana's grunge sound was the furthest thing away from being "acoustic sounding" too and look how Nirvana Unplugged turned out. So yes, an acoustic album is very doable.

I support this idea, especially if it was a recording of a live acoustic set ala MTV Unplugged. Even better if there was a DVD to go along with it!

While we are talking about this, a supplementary question!

If SCANDAL were to do an acoustic set, what would the setlist be like? What should they play?

Discuss.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:30 am

shawnydee

Caless Student
Caless Student
sooo i thought it about some more and it would be awesome if they did both a single and an album. for the single do covers of their originals like: scandal baby, sakura sayonara, namida no regret, etc. then for the album a combination of the acoustic single plus brand spanking new songs specifically made for acoustic guitar and piano.

and yes i agree with a few of you guys talking about the nirvana thing. dunno if you guys listen to sambomaster but they recently came out with an acoustic album. they turned prolly one of their most garage rock type songs into the most soothing song ever. its called sayonara baby if you guys are curious (listen to the original first)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 am

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Switch is out of the question, it'll just sound weird acoustically.

I think a proper acoustic setlist would go as:

1. Sayonara My Friend
2. SCANDAL BABY
3. Kimi to Yoru to Namida
4. Koi Moyou
5. Aitai (I can really see Aitai acoustic version)
6. Namida no Regret (practically designed to work as acoustic)
7. Hello! Hello!

That's about it I think.

Acoustic Album R7kd9g

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:52 am

kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
Paladinoras wrote:Switch is out of the question, it'll just sound weird acoustically.

1. Sayonara My Friend
2. SCANDAL BABY
4. Koi Moyou
7. Hello! Hello!

That's about it I think.

Nice selection. :P

Yes, I can definitely imagine "Namida no Regret" to work very well on acoustics. And since there are piano parts on that song, I guess Rina can play those perfectly. (Great way to "show off her other talents", like what @shawnydee suggested.) And then maybe Tomo can do the beatbox in Rina's place, with Mami on guitar and Haru with a tambourine. I guess that'll do. :D

"Aitai" and "Sayonara My Friend" would also work well; mellow songs such as those are always perfect on acoustics. Very curious as to how "SCANDAL BABY" and "Koi Moyou" would sound like. I guess it would all boil down to the arrangements they would make...

As for me, I'd replace "Hello! Hello!" with "START" (A throwback to their early days is always a treat, and there's another piano part in it for Rina to play) and "Kimi To Yoru To Namida" with "secret base". And then I'd add "SPACE RANGER". Ever since that dream I had about them, I've always been fascinated with the thought of that song played acoustically. And I would really like to hear how that would actually sound like. (Though it already sounded awesome in my dream.) :P

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:55 am

yurisaku

yurisaku

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://yurisaku14.blog.fc2.com
this would be a good idea :3 if sony would permit it haha XDD

Acoustic Album Siggyresize
Acoustic Album Stalkercopy
userbar by KaitoKid
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:34 pm

Paladinoras

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
kylelaluces wrote:
Paladinoras wrote:Switch is out of the question, it'll just sound weird acoustically.

1. Sayonara My Friend
2. SCANDAL BABY
4. Koi Moyou
7. Hello! Hello!

That's about it I think.

Nice selection. Tongue

Yes, I can definitely imagine "Namida no Regret" to work very well on acoustics. And since there are piano parts on that song, I guess Rina can play those perfectly. (Great way to "show off her other talents", like what @shawnydee suggested.) And then maybe Tomo can do the beatbox in Rina's place, with Mami on guitar and Haru with a tambourine. I guess that'll do. :D

"Aitai" and "Sayonara My Friend" would also work well; mellow songs such as those are always perfect on acoustics. Very curious as to how "SCANDAL BABY" and "Koi Moyou" would sound like. I guess it would all boil down to the arrangements they would make...

As for me, I'd replace "Hello! Hello!" with "START" (A throwback to their early days is always a treat, and there's another piano part in it for Rina to play) and "Kimi To Yoru To Namida" with "secret base". And then I'd add "SPACE RANGER". Ever since that dream I had about them, I've always been fascinated with the thought of that song played acoustically. And I would really like to hear how that would actually sound like. (Though it already sounded awesome in my dream.) Tongue

Mmm, SCANDAL BABY and Koi Moyou I can actually see transitioning into acoustics pretty well, altho honestly I just added SCANDAL BABY because it's their marquee song after all. :p

As for Koi Moyou, I tried it on acoustic myself, and the difference between the electric version and the acoustic isn't too large, I can definitely see the girls doing it.

START....well yes, that is also a possible song, but it's not really "their song" so to speak, as well as "secret base." I love secret base a lot, it's basically my third favourite song, but it's not SCANDAL's work, and there's already a plethora of acoustic covers. ZONE is pretty popular after all.

SPACE RANGER would be very hard because it's essentially an energy song, remains to be seen if the energy can transfer if it's an acoustic cover.

Acoustic Album R7kd9g

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Sorry to bump such an old thread but I wanted to make a similar thread about an acoustic album and made a search first, so I guess it's better to use this old thread rather than making an new one .hail.

I would totally love an acoustic album and I hope it will happen someday! As mentioned in this thread, the unplugged album from NIRVANA was awesome and they were doing grunge so I see no problem at all for SCANDAL doing that even if they have to work on it and choose the songs, i doubt all their songs would sound awesome in acoustic, some are probably not suited to that.

That being said I have no idea if this is a possibility for a japanese band. Are acoustic albums something that japanese bands do or is it extremely rare because it simply isn't in their "culture"? Do rock bands often release an acoustic album during their career, do the companies like to produce such albums?

Well, I hope it's on their project/idea list for the future! It would seriously be awesome IMO.

It would also be something new for them to try out, they played some songs acoustic but making a whole album out of it is different. I was thinking maybe this could be something they could release like they did for the ENCORE SHOW album. It's probably less work than creating new songs so it should be "easier" because they know their songs and all.

Anyway, with the new album coming and all I doubt we will see this in a very near future but maybe in 2014-2015.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This is actually the first things that comes to mind if I want to hear something new from Scandal. Playing acoustic is something that most band would definitely do once in a while, but yet I haven't heard it from Scandal. They have tried doing something electronic like 'Kill the Virgin' so why not acoustic.

Maybe for a start, just play some songs in acoustic mode during live, so we get to hear a different arrangement rather than the usual one. And then probably one or two original songs in acoustic as b-side or in an album. It would be cool if they make a full acoustic album or hold a full acoustic/unplugged live concert, but I doubt that it will happen in the near future.

And I don't see any problem with their songs turn into an acoustic, it's just a matter of making a good arrangement for the song. Any song can turn into an acoustic as long as there is a good arranger behind it, and of course the way they sing and perform it would matter too.

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:
It would also be something new for them to try out, they played some songs acoustic but making a whole album out of it is different.
Did Scandal play acoustic before? of their own songs? I have never seen such a performance, only a snippet of them singing other people songs with acoustic guitar only.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:24 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

baymon wrote:Did Scandal play acoustic before? of their own songs? I have never seen such a performance, only a snippet of them singing other people songs with acoustic guitar only.
Yes, they have performed some acoustic songs before. Anata ga Mawaru, Switch, Very Special, Aitai and Koe.

EDIT: A small part of their "Very Special" acoustic version performed in Uniqlo x Fender event. http://www.mediafire.com/?jwes354sjb808me (Thanks to RinaJa for uploading it)

Last edited by raynsity on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:33 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah they played some so it's not like they don't want to do it at all but i'm not sure they would be interested in doing a whole official album.

But they like to test things, other sounds... So there is hope that one day they may want to do an acoustic album.

And yes any song could be made into an acoustic version but obviously some would need more "work/adjustments" than others. 

Do other rock/pop (big) bands make acoustic albums?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I really like the idea of "Acoustic Album"! It would be really nice to hear the acoustic versions of girls' songs or new ones! .clap. .smile. .love.

Acoustic Album Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:01 am

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
raynsity wrote:
Yes, they have performed some acoustic songs before. Anata ga Mawaru, Switch, Very Special, Aitai and Koe.

EDIT: A small part of their "Very Special" acoustic version performed in Uniqlo x Fender event. http://www.mediafire.com/?jwes354sjb808me (Thanks to RinaJa for uploading it)
That's nice, thanks for this! I hope they do it more often.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:31 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
baymon wrote:
raynsity wrote:

That's nice, thanks for this! I hope they do it more often.
Agree .smile. so nice to hear that version

Acoustic Album Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:55 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well, in a recent blog post, Rina did say that she got a cajon which mostly goes with acoustics. Unless SCANDAL are thinking of creating Peruvian or Cuban music or just incorporating it in their usual music, I don't think an acoustic album/single/EP is too far away!

Calling Very Special as an acoustic live is quite hard lol since only the guitars were acoustic. Tomo just played with her coronado which is apparently a 'semi' acoustic bass and Rina just had a tiny drumkit. I'll look forward to when Tomo plays an actual acoustic bass but Rina's cajon is already ticked off the list now Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:14 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:Well, in a recent blog post, Rina did say that she got a cajon which mostly goes with acoustics. Unless SCANDAL are thinking of creating Peruvian or Cuban music or just incorporating it in their usual music, I don't think an acoustic album/single/EP is too far away!

Calling Very Special as an acoustic live is quite hard lol since only the guitars were acoustic. Tomo just played with her coronado which is apparently a 'semi' acoustic bass and Rina just had a tiny drumkit. I'll look forward to when Tomo plays an actual acoustic bass but Rina's cajon is already ticked off the list now Tongue
Rina actually played a normal-sized drumkit but she used multi-rods instead of normal drumsticks. About Tomomi, yes she did use a Coronado which is not a full acoustic bass guitar. However, most of the acoustic bass guitars are actually acoustic "electric" bass guitars once they have pickups, etc, for amplification so it's still legit to call it acoustic. Some bands even used a Hofner 500/1 bass guitar for MTV unplugged.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum