Guitar Buddies [Page 2 of 2]

Re: Guitar Buddies
Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:10 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
Ayrus wrote:My Stratacoustic Fender is my girlfriend... She has a very nice body to cuddle...
Been playing for a year plus...
I play without picks for every song... Never used a pick once before...

I stopped using picks after I stopped getting guitar lessons; I've only recently started using them for my electric guitar (I named him Shinji xDD) ... it's really, really weird.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Ayrus

Ayrus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://camera-point-of-view.blogspot.com/
BTW stratacoustic is sort of acoustic only to me... cause I play it unplugged...

@tony
Well the reason I play without picks is because I can't strum with picks... feels really weird... And my fender is the 1st and only guitar... Want a telecaster real bad... But I don't have an amp or the money to get one...

@Tanya
Weird name? Or feels weird with picks...

自分の幸せは、自分で決めて~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
lol feels weird with picks. Although shinji is written like しんぢ not しんじ XD

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Wordpress or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

yui_chan15

yui_chan15

Caless Student
Caless Student
thanks for all the help guys you're the best .hail.
anyway, do any of you here knows how long Mami, Haruna, Tomomi and Rina have been playing? I'm really curious coz they're so good :D

~yui_chan15~
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:40 pm

Eagles84

Caless Student
Caless Student

I've been playing guitar and piano since before I started school.

My guitar is called 'Sophia' she is an LAG Roxanne :D

I studied jazz and all kinds of fancy music but nothing is better for my ears then one of MAMIs lead lines or Haruna's tone from Temptaion Box.
I never liked Telecasters until I saw Haruna making one rock so hard.

I'm also curious about when Scandal actually started to learn. Anyone know if they played before they met each other?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:24 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I know HARUNA only started playing like ... for half a month before their first performance as a band ... so that makes it pretty much exactly five years since she first started playing now.

I'm under the impression that MAMI's been playing for longer because she also had an acoustic guitar before she joined SCANDAL...

RINA, I'm also under the impression she learned from scratch around the time the band had formed, but I'm not too sure about TOMOMI...

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Wordpress or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Jirya

Jirya

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hey guys, my amps recently died, and I'm looking for a new one and might take this chance to buy a new guitar too, so do you guys have any recommendations? what do you guys play?

@Tanya omg, Haruna started 2 weeks before performing... thats brave 0.0

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:00 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
TanyaLilac wrote:I know HARUNA only started playing like ... for half a month before their first performance as a band ... so that makes it pretty much exactly five years since she first started playing now.

I'm under the impression that MAMI's been playing for longer because she also had an acoustic guitar before she joined SCANDAL...

RINA, I'm also under the impression she learned from scratch around the time the band had formed, but I'm not too sure about TOMOMI...

I'm not quite sure, but Tomomi probably started learning when the band is formed.
I remember that Tomomi mentions that when they started forming the band, she also decided to play guitar, but found it hard. She then switch to bass guitar since she thought it was easier with 4-Strings instead of the 6-string guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:29 pm

harofever

harofever

Caless Student
Caless Student
Jirya wrote:Hey guys, my amps recently died, and I'm looking for a new one and might take this chance to buy a new guitar too, so do you guys have any recommendations? what do you guys play?

@Tanya omg, Haruna started 2 weeks before performing... thats brave 0.0

Hey Jirya,

What's your budget? Roland cubes are pretty popular for practice amps and I heard the vox valvetronix series are also pretty good. I had a line 6 spider for practice but it was pretty bad .nosebleed. .

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:34 am

Jirya

Jirya

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer

Hey Jirya,

What's your budget? Roland cubes are pretty popular for practice amps and I heard the vox valvetronix series are also pretty good. I had a line 6 spider for practice but it was pretty bad .nosebleed. .

I'd like to keep it fairly low, but there's no set limit, so if something is worth paying more for then that's fine.
I'll have a look at the Roland Cubes then! Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:58 am

Eagles84

Caless Student
Caless Student
Jirya wrote:

Hey Jirya,

I'd like to keep it fairly low, but there's no set limit, so if something is worth paying more for then that's fine.

Blackstar is a brand that make some amazing real valve practice amps for the same price or cheaper then the Vox or Roands. The Cubes are great for all the fancy stuff they can do though.

My personal favorites are the Peavey Transtube serises. Yay! I love my Peaveys ! haha

Play around with all of them at the store, it's the best and most fun way to choose amps and guitars !
What style of guitar do you want to get ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:36 am

harofever

harofever

Caless Student
Caless Student
Eagles84 wrote:
Jirya wrote:

Hey Jirya,

Blackstar is a brand that make some amazing real valve practice amps for the same price or cheaper then the Vox or Roands. The Cubes are great for all the fancy stuff they can do though.

My personal favorites are the Peavey Transtube serises. Yay! I love my Peaveys ! haha

Play around with all of them at the store, it's the best and most fun way to choose amps and guitars !
What style of guitar do you want to get ?

You could get a Peavey Bandit! Haruna used one to play shows in their early days Nice one .

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Jirya

Jirya

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Cheers Eagles and Haro!
I'll have a look at the ones mentioned!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:04 am

Harriat

Harriat

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://harriat.withlovee.com
Hi! I'm a guitarist too... A newbie guitarist, LOL!
I've been Avril Lavigne fan since I was in grade 5. I really wanted to play guitar at that time but too shy to say this to my dad. Haha
When I was in junior high, I became Paramore and Taylor Swift fan and started playing guitar which it belongs to my dad... I think it's older than me 'cause my dad played it when he was a teen :D It's YAMAHA G-60A. An acoustic one.
Um... But I didn't play it frequently. Just playing a few chords.
And when I turn to J-Pop fandom when I'm in high school, I just play it seriously about a year ago. It's because of SCANDAL and miwa ♥

If it's SCANDAL song, I think Namida no Regret is easy to play 'cause I only have an acoutic guitar. Haha.
My dad said that if I can enter a nice university, he will buy me an electric one!!

I'm in grade 12 right now so I don't have much time to practice :'(

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:12 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Harriat
I started playing at school as well ( A long time ago ! )
but when I was 14 I took up bass guitar because I realized that every band needs a bass player and it worked !
Don't give up, it will give you years of fun and a good way to make new friends.

Don't let your Dad forget his promise !

Paramore, wow, you have good taste !

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:41 am

Rina kawaii**

Rina kawaii**

Caless Student
Caless Student
Please Onion хочу научиться ^__^

.clap. .balloon.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:43 am

Rina kawaii**

Rina kawaii**

Caless Student
Caless Student
Peace Onion Каwaii*__*

.clap. .balloon.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:57 am

Harriat

Harriat

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://harriat.withlovee.com
@tonymiller
I'm playing guitar but I prefer bass sound ♥️. I think if I can play guitar well, I will try playing bass someday :D

Haha. I love Paramore XD But since I've been in J-Pop fandom, I don't have much time to pay attention to them Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:07 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Harriat
Try to listen to every kind of music, it will make you a better musician.
Listening to music I can go straight from 'Iron Maiden' to AKB48 !
You are allowed to like J-Pop and Paramore.
The only kind of music I do not like is Rap or Hip-Hop, I even have Enka music by people like Yoko Nagayama !

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:31 pm

yui_chan15

yui_chan15

Caless Student
Caless Student
wow. thanks for all the replies guys.
Happy
let's support scandal band forever~

~yui_chan15~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:00 pm

borghie

borghie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://distortedmind.binhoster.com/
these are the key influences that inspire me to play guitar again:

YUI
Chatmonchy
SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Jirya

Jirya

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Scandal Is a big reason getting me into playing guitar too!
I've been learning as many scandal songs as i can ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:47 am

esguester

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://twitter.com/Last_Olympian
K-On!! inspired me to play the guitar again. XD I'm more of the drums nowadays but I am a member of a 5-girl band and I'm the rhythm guitarist there. XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:33 am

blackgoth

blackgoth

Caless Student
Caless Student
i'm having problems learning how to play the electric guitar and i want to learn so badly =( .rage.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:36 pm

tempostorm

tempostorm

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
harofever wrote:Did someone say SCANDAL COVER BAND?! Happy
i dun mind ^^ im looking at options at starting a band of my own...i basically grew up with music but i guess i only learned to appreciate it only when i got older .shy. but after watching K-ON! and SCANDAL, i realized i actually enjoy playing music haha .happy. so i think i will keep playing, but if anyone wants to form a cover band..i'll be quite happy to join .clap.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.