Go down

Super Sentai [Page 1 of 2]

Super Sentai
Posted Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:35 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
I'm currently watching Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger, I really like the idea of it and the way their powers work, weird that there isn't a Super Sentai thread. I'd definitely recommend Gokaiger for any fans of the Sentai series, watch it and you'll know why.

So what are your thoughts on the Super Sentai series?

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down

Re: Super Sentai
Posted Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:19 am

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Gokaiger's really good. One of the better Sentai series IMO, especially due to all the homages to previous Sentais. Love hearing all the old Sentai's battle themes again.

Watch Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. <3 that series so much. My favorite series out of all Super Sentai. Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger is pretty good too. These two have pretty interesting characters.

Engine Sentai Go-Onger and Tensou Sentai Goseiger are more on the silly side, so I didn't really like them. Your mileage may vary.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:11 am

Icepath

Icepath

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://icepath.livejournal.com
AHAHA I was wondering if I should start a Sentai thread too but I figured if anyone's interested they'll do it since they see the KR thread ^^

Shinkenger was my first Japanese original, then Magiranger and then Gokaiger, but I tried watching Goseiger (and gave up at ep 10 and watched the ending and called it complete =D) I love Shinkenger the most ^^ Before that I've watched many many many many English versions (AKA Power Rangers on like, Kids Central haha) like Ninja Storm, Mystic Force (WHICH I LOVED), Wild Force, Dino Thunder (from whence the level of plot and interesting-ness started to drop ><)

I think what is amazing about Gokaiger is the way it does well where (sorry for the reference but to me KR and SS is very closely related) Decade failed as an Anniversary production. The references to past Sentai are very clear and obvious, and they even managed to get at least of the real actors back to film. The storyline/concept is strong there as well, and I won't expect them to leave me on a cliffhanger even after 2 movies attempting to tie up loose ends haha...

=^-.-^=
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah I really like how they brought back the actual actors of past series, some of them are pretty old lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like the homages too, they actually redo the previous Sentai's henshin and use the music during the battle too.

I enjoyed the Shinkenger, Dekaranger, Hurrikenger and Go-Onger henshins and battles the most. Some of it was pretty damn cool to see again!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

ganstream1

ganstream1

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ariefzainal.com
Some pics of the upcoming Sentai, Tokumei Sentai Gobusters

Spoiler:

Since someone said it's a spoiler CANTA Swing

courtesy of JEFusion

Last edited by ganstream1 on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

"With ticket, it took us 5 minutes to get from Shiroten to Osaka Jyo-Hall. But for SCANDAL, it took them 6 years."
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Icepath

Icepath

Caless Student
Caless Student
ooh spoiler alert! should really think of putting it under spoiler tags!!

=^-.-^=
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:03 pm

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Dammmmmn! Not gonna spoil it for y'all, but Gokaiger 41 is epic! =D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:37 pm

Icepath

Icepath

Caless Student
Caless Student
i totally agree =) anyway, Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai crossover movie coming up~! Looking forward to seeing it!!

=^-.-^=
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:39 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
Just something I found out, the actress who plays Gokai Pink is in the idol group Tomato n' Pine and they performed a cover of 夢ノカケラ… in the ZONE Tribute Album. They also did one of the ED for the Beelzebub anime, なないろ☆ナミダ. Just thought it was something interesting to point out lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 pm

SS42A

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm actually looking forward to watching the next Sentai team after the Gokaigers, namely the Go-Busters, as well as the rest of Super Sentai facing off against Fourze and Kamen Rider in the KR vs SS crossover this summer.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 am

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've watched up to episode 50 of Gokaiger, and not all at once! The show does have it's flaws, like how they choose to use the same grand power combination for their mech over and over again which did get on my nerves quit a bit.

I didn't like how the final battle between Basco and Captain Marvelous ended either!

But it's definitely been an amazing series regardless of those flaws! They got back as many previous actors from the previous Sentai teams as they could which was absolutely amazing! They even got Goushi from Zyuranger to come back in episode 50 btw.

And Toei actually explained how the Gokaigers showed up in the Goseiger Vs. Shinkenger movie which is something that they regularly never do! And Gokaiger is absolutely what Kamen Rider Decade should have been!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:57 pm

Eri08

Eri08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ok so Power Rangers was what started it all for me. Literally, I was two years old...saw Kimberly...and that was that. Ever since then I was drawn to japan. So naturally when I got older learned the Japanese original I had to check them out. I currently am a bit behind, still on Goseinger...which I find adorable and a lot of fun. I pretty much love the series...both american and Japanese probably always will haha.

.wow.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:31 am

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm going to try and go back to some of the other Super Sentai shows after I'm finished with Gokaiger! I might try and finish season 1 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on Netflix, not 100% sure yet as of now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:00 am

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well Gokaiger is over now. Great series, will miss it D:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:22 am

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
Gokaiger as a series is over, but they will come back in the Super Hero Taisen movie! But for those of us who don't live in Japan or any of the other countries that show Super Sentai like America for example, we have to wait for the fan-subs!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:44 pm

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
So I just watched the finale of Gokaiger, and it was absolutely very freaking awesome aside from the fact that it was also very sad! But we will see them again soon in the Kamen Rider x Super Sentai: Super Hero Taisen movie!

Sayonara for now Gokaiger .toj. .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:09 pm

SS42A

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm watching Go-Busters right now, and while it has quite a number of references to Power Rangers, for me the series is reminiscent of Exceedraft from the Rescue Police Trilogy of the Metal Hero franchise.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
I like how the morpher say "It's morphin' time!" lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:34 pm

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Gobuster yellow runs on sugar. D:
I know that feeling....

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:20 pm

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
The ending sequence for Go-Busters is really epic Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:26 pm

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
NathanielG wrote:The ending sequence for Go-Busters is really epic Tongue
I honestly don't get what's so 'epic' about the ending sequence for Go-Busters! It's pretty much the same old thing that's been done for a lot of the previous seasons except for Gokaiger.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:25 am

NathanielG

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
The past few series before Gokaiger also didn't have a dance sequence, it's been awhile, so I'm glad there's a dance sequence in Go-Busters.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:56 am

SuperSentaifan4ever

SuperSentaifan4ever

Caless Student
Caless Student
NathanielG wrote:The past few series before Gokaiger also didn't have a dance sequence, it's been awhile, so I'm glad there's a dance sequence in Go-Busters.
I know that Goseiger had a dance sequence as well as Dekaranger. I don't know if Abaranger had a dance sequence but I know that Go-Onger did!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:39 pm

ganstream1

ganstream1

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ariefzainal.com
watch Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger. It's hilarious

"With ticket, it took us 5 minutes to get from Shiroten to Osaka Jyo-Hall. But for SCANDAL, it took them 6 years."
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum