Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Re: What happened to HARUNA's voice?
Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Okay so now you are playing the condescending guy? I just didn't appreciate the way you asserted that "I've seldom have heard anything else".
End of the story.

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:35 pm

James MacKnight

James MacKnight

Banned
Banned
Yuffie wrote:Okay so now you are playing the condescending guy? I just didn't appreciate the way you asserted that "I've seldom have heard anything else".
End of the story.

That is not what I said.

I said if you were an Ian Brown fan, you would have seldom heard anything else.  He sang most of his live performances with glaring pitching errors but people still liked them because of the force of his personality and his performance.

What I said was a hypothetical.

I never commented on what you have or have not done.  You went off on a rant at me for something I didn't even say.

On topic, I like Haruna for other reasons than because she can pitch like a machine.

Last edited by James MacKnight on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:40 pm

James MacKnight

James MacKnight

Banned
Banned
raynsity wrote:
James MacKnight wrote:
raynsity wrote:I don't understand why you are thinking that straining is just fine when there are a lot examples of artists having their career finished or at least in danger because of straining. Also I'm not bashing on her, I'm just saying if it were true that the reason behind her problems are because of her singing then it would be nice to find a better instructor.

I never said that her straining is fine, what I said was that people directing snide remarks at her on a forum that is meant to be here to support the band is totally unhelpful.
Anyway, I actually didn't say anything about straining. I was only talking about her voice sounded like it were damaged. She might be sick so I hope she'll be fine.

In all honesty, I think this is a terrible thread that's bringing out the worst in everyone.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@James MacKnight

I think you are just taking this too serious. People are concerned about her more than anything. If you would have been here during 2011, you would have seen, that there was a lot of compassion regarding her situation. Nobody is being "cruel" to her, I believe you're being a little sensitive here.

Last edited by Reachie on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total

What happened to HARUNA's voice? - Page 6 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:53 pm

James MacKnight

James MacKnight

Banned
Banned
Reachie wrote:I think you are just taking this too serious. People are concerned about her more than anything. If you would have been here during 2011, you would have seen, that there was a lot of compassion regarding her situation. Nobody is being is being "cruel" to her, I believe you're being a little sensitive here.

You could be right.  My perception is that she's under attack, so my instinct is to stand in front of her.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:19 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Just saw the video. Nothing wrong with that all, just a regular day at the office for her. Nothing like 2011 at all. It *is* true though, we can't expect her to be pitch perfect all the time, it doesn't work like that.

Unrealistic expectations are no good and if one were to persist, one would start seeing (or hearing) things that aren't there.

And

ZOMG BLUE LES PAUL!!! 8D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:29 pm

James MacKnight

James MacKnight

Banned
Banned
That is a nice Les Paul.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:56 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I think it's getting a bit weird how everyone needs to analyze her voice now. Of course fans care about her but... No need to analyze everytime she starts to sing.

Guys, this thread is form February 2012 about her huge voice problem. Nowadays it's maybe not back to the normal but she is just a normal singer with maybe some ups and downs but nothing dramatic...

It's a forum of course so fans want to talk but this thread is a bit weird now. Half of the fans react like she still has a huge problem, other half says everything is fine and she is even better. I wonder if some posters realize the base of this discussion is from 2012 or if they think it's a new thread...

I think you should talk what happened in 2012 not what happened in the last show... She has maybe a cold or not, maybe a bad day, maybe a technical prob, who cares it's not the problem from 2012. Also feels like she is the only one being... "judged" everytime, but I guess this is just a personal feeling and perception of some messages.

Anyways, thx for the video links.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:50 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think some of you are jumping to a bit of a big conclusion with that. I understand being worried for her voice after what happened to it in the past, but it's also good to not jump to such conclusions when her voice does sound less than perfect in a performance. Straining on her voice doesn't necessarily mean she's hurting it again. There are a lot of things that can make a singer sound like that and it doesn't always have lasting negative effects.

Remember that it is winter after all and colds are very common. The girls are prone to sickness just like everyone else, even more so perhaps since they do work so much. I watched the video from Countdown Japan and honestly, I don't think Haru's voice is reverting back to where it was 2011/2012. To me, it simply sounded like she was sick. It wouldn't be the first time Haru has performed when she has a cold of some sort. With the way her voice was cracking even when she was talking, it really does sound like she's just sick and nothing more. Honestly, her voice sounded fine for the most part. There were some parts where it did strain but throughout most of the song, she did very well. It was nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be when I read through these posts before watching the video.

Try not to jump to such big conclusions so quickly, there's a lot of other factors that could be concerned. It's fine to be concerned about Haru's voice but you should also remember to keep an open mind and consider other things. In my opinion, Haru's voice sounds fine, but I'm also not a singer so maybe I am missing something in the way her voice sounds.

I just think that some of us need to consider being a little easier on Haru, some of the comments being made are a little harsh...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Well, this thread has gotten a bit out of hand.

Since the mod of the SCANDAL Talk forum hasn't stepped in yet, I'm going to do so. (Hope you don't mind, Lexian)

Firstly, James MacKnight and Yuffie. Yuffie, you misunderstood what JMK was saying. But JMK, what you said in the first place about it really has no place in this thread because it doesn't relate to HARU at all. Also, you shouldn't be assuming that she's mad and telling her to calm down.

And, JMK: You're double posting again. This is the last time I'm going to warn you about it. I also agree with Reachie that you're being too sensitive and taking everything too seriously because no one is "attacking" HARU in here. Most of us were/are just concerned about her, and, believe it or not, we all care about her--we're on a SCANDAL fan forum after all. If we didn't, we shouldn't even be here in the first place. Also, neither TOMO nor any of the other girls have an official Facebook account. Every so-called account of theirs is fan-made.

Anyway.

HRMT is right: this thread was started in February 2012 about the vocal problems that HARU had in 2011-early 2012, so all discussions within this topic should actually only center around those times. Everything else beyond that is irrelevant in this topic. Also, there is no need to compare/contrast HARU to any other singer/band/etc. That's just not fair.

I would like all further discussions to be relevant to the topic (as in relating to HARU's vocal problems in 2011-2012). Discussing anything other than that in here will be considered off-topic, and I will start marking posts as SPAM if need be.

What happened to HARUNA's voice? - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:36 am

James MacKnight

James MacKnight

Banned
Banned
Also, you shouldn't be assuming that she's mad and telling her to calm down.

I wasn't assuming anything, Yuffie attacked me for something I didn't even say.  It's hardly my fault if she doesn't Habla inglés.  If she wanted me to clear the matter up, Yuffie is French and as she and I had already discussed in PM, I lived in France when I was young.  J'écris en Français. Tout ce qu'elle avait à faire était de demander des éclaircissements.

As far as the rest of it goes...

At first I came on here with a view to apologizing to everyone for getting heated up earlier, but your inspired moderating has appealed only to the most utterly unreasonable elements of my nature.

The Tate-Labianca murders must seem like a Sunday School outing compared with my heinous crime of trying to defend Haruna and accidentally posting twice.

If you don't want me here, that's fine.  I'm multilingual and I can handle Japanese well enough to keep up with the band on other sites where Haruna doesn't get slagged off for having a sore throat and where the other band members don't have their musicianship called into question by idiots who've never played a note in their lives.

A happy New Year to you.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:40 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Re: TGE/Jade's post:
Thanks for covering! I've had my hands tied with holidays/new years prep stuff, so I haven't had the chance to sit down and see what's going on in this thread.

In short: Yes, this thread was made back in February 2012 to discuss Haruna's voice issues from the 2011-early 2012 "season." I'm sure most of the older fans remember the struggles and concerns. Haru has mentioned about her voice it in a documentary-type video sometime in 2012. Any discussion about her recent sore throat, raspy voice, etc. isn't really relevant here (Keyword: "Recent"). I wouldn't necessarily mind if someone made a "Does SCANDAL ever get ill/sick?" thread. Kidding, pretty much everyone does.

But in all seriousness, it's good to see some chatter when something might be a little bit off of the norm. Shows there are fans that are compassionate, which is awesome. Haru's voice change was pretty obvious back then. But being defensive when there nobody is making claims against her isn't right. Haru (and the rest of the band) has been in the business for 7+ years. I'm confident that they can handle these things. Especially Haru, from the SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE music video, she can go super saiyan...kind of! Tongue

As TGE said, if people don't have anything else to add about this thread, not what it has derailed into, the SPAM markers will come out. Any further will end up in the closing of this thread.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.