aurie

aurie

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sword Art Online 20120214113622940

Sword Art Online Saologo

Plot:

OP+ED+Trailer:

Decided to pick up this show after knowing its from the same author who wrote Accel World. Didn't disappoint me after watching the first 2 episodes and I have to say, I enjoy this more than Accel World. Who else is watching this series and if you haven't, this show is worth picking up.

Last edited by aurie on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:01 pm; edited 7 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Sword Art Online
Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm

aniholic

aniholic

International Performer
International Performer
I'm also watching this anime and I think it's pretty good. The story is nice and the fight scenes are not that bad, in my opinion. :D I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the upcoming episodes.

~No SCANDAL, No LIFE~
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:46 pm

harukazeharuhara

harukazeharuhara

International Performer
International Performer
I'm watching Sword Art Online as well. It's my favourite anime this season.

My classmate and I are reading the light novels while waiting for future episodes.

Sword Art Online X0uHW
Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:27 pm

aurie

aurie

Caless Student
Caless Student
I read the light novels after watching first episode and I'm now waiting for volume 10 translation to be finished. Definitely more detailed and worth the time, and this is coming from someone who hates reading (now I'm wondering if I actually hate reading). Too bad the anime did not include Aincrad arc newer side stories in the planned 25 episodes, namely the second floor.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
The anime will most likely include content from the first 2 volumes.

I've been reading the LNs a few years back, and I'd say I'm quite disappointed with the anime so far. They've skipped too many things which starts from the NerveGear functionalities, character development(especially in episode 3), and just general consistency(the jump from episode 2 to 3, the 3 weeks until the Christmas event, etc).

I'm not going to lie, I'm just watching this to see how they execute the story, and so far, it's been a let down. This doesn't mean I'm going to stop watching it though :p

Sword Art Online Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:07 am

aurie

aurie

Caless Student
Caless Student
It depends on whether you read the LNs beforehand I guess. I started episode 1 without any expectation of the show (I have totally no idea what is this about) and it managed to draw me in enough to read the LNs.

But I know what you mean, I finished all the available LNs before episode 2. They do leave out lots of details and development but you have to consider that they are trying to fit the story into a 20 mins episode. Of course you can argue that they can release more episodes but for me, I can't stand anime having more than 30 episodes (I'm weird lol). Not too sure about the majority preference.

As for the jump, I'm not too sure on the LNs release date, namely the events on 2nd floor. But I'm guessing production work started before that side story was released.

In overall, I find that the anime is pretty good if you compare it with other animes available instead of comparing it to its LN counterpart.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:17 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
aurie wrote:It depends on whether you read the LNs beforehand I guess. I started episode 1 without any expectation of the show (I have totally no idea what is this about) and it managed to draw me in enough to read the LNs.

But I know what you mean, I finished all the available LNs before episode 2. They do leave out lots of details and development but you have to consider that they are trying to fit the story into a 20 mins episode. Of course you can argue that they can release more episodes but for me, I can't stand anime having more than 30 episodes (I'm weird lol). Not too sure about the majority preference.

As for the jump, I'm not too sure on the LNs release date, namely the events on 2nd floor. But I'm guessing production work started before that side story was released.

In overall, I find that the anime is pretty good if you compare it with other animes available instead of comparing it to its LN counterpart.

I'll have too disagree with a majority of what you're saying. Volume 1 and 2 of SAO started out in mid 2009, so production started a long time after they came out. If they have to, they could do what many other animes have done, and have multiple seasons. Fitting a whole chapter into a 20 minute episode really skips out on development and details, which leads to plotholes, and only LN readers will understand why it isn't. SAO is one of the biggest selling LN in Japan, so there is already a huge fanbase for it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:27 pm

AyneLG

AyneLG

Caless Student
Caless Student
I never read the Novels but the anime is pretty cool, even though im guessing they skipping alot of it, either way ima watch this series till the end

Sword Art Online Naruto-hinata-06192009
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:43 pm

aurie

aurie

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just watched episode 3, character development was lacking for sure. But despite that, I still find it a pretty good episode. Why? The major plot points of that particular story are all included in that particular episode. Of course, the impact is lesser with the lacking of character development, which brings back to my previous statement. Sword Art Online is good as an anime but lacking as an adaption.

Plutonium wrote:
Volume 1 and 2 of SAO started out in mid 2009, so production started a long time after they came out.

But the nearest event after first floor would be "Red-nosed Reindeer" excluding Rondo which is currently still not fully translated which made me to believe that Rondo just came out recently(not too sure though).

On a side note, can't wait for vol.10 and Rondo to be fully translated!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:26 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
As an episode, there is not much more they could have done. I think we're on the same boat here, saying that it could have been better. I still think that if the animation studio made more seasons and took their time with it, that it could be a long lasting franchise in the anime industry.

Look at the Fate series and look at all the adaptions they've gotten. I'm sure if they took their time with it and followed the LN more closely, they would sell volume after volume of their merchandise to fund the following projects and seasons (my point of SAO being one of the top LNs in Japan with the already large fanbase supports this).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
is this like similar to .hack sign??

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Sword Art Online Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 am

yagiza

yagiza

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
i'm drawn into watching this anime because of the hype and an anime blog's recommendation. So far it didn't disappoint, although clearly from what I've read here and there the anime choose to go by chronological order of events and not as in the LN. Maybe because I haven't read the LN, so I didn't expect too much from this anime. Hope it'll just get better and match other fans' expectations lol.

@hapihapi
in terms of setting, yes. in terms of storyline, Kirito and everyone else aims to beat SAO to return to the real world, while in .hack// only Tsukasa was unable to log out and everyone else wants to help him.

Sword Art Online Rina3copy

Rina Suzuki fanboy number one.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Well, looks like I was wrong about the thing about volume 1 and 2 only part. Which volume was episode 5 from again, 7 or 8?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:18 am

Tektekk

Tektekk

International Performer
International Performer
^^ I think it was 8..

I've read the LNs before watching the anime but overall right now it is really good. The anime could have spread things out a bit for a better pace I think but still good.

Sword Art Online Scaled.php?server=850&filename=oie3113359hjesqdxn
Sword Art Online ScandalliveTOURsupporter
Sword Art Online ScandalliveTOURteammember2

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:54 pm

aurie

aurie

Caless Student
Caless Student
The first part of boss strategy meeting was part of Material edition, ME1 if I'm not wrong.

Murder Case in the Area is from Volume 8, first chapter.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:11 pm

KappaAlphaIota

KappaAlphaIota

Caless Student
Caless Student
I am really enjoying this anime lately.

Does anyone have any idea how long it is likely to go on for? How long was the series of LNs?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:09 am

mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@KappaAlphaIota right now, the LN have 9 volumes + some other extras like the SAO and Accel World crossover.

i'm currently reading Volume 7 and it's still pretty interesting. Reading the LN made me anticipate the anime more since there are so many epic fights that i want to see animated.

Sword Art Online Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:35 pm

KappaAlphaIota

KappaAlphaIota

Caless Student
Caless Student
^ Thanks.

I've actually read all of the LN volumes online since i wrote that post haha, and i have to say i agree with you about it increasing your anticipation.

When i first watched the anime i was interested by the plot as it was quite a unique idea, but now i can't wait for new episodes as i absolutely love all the characters.

I hope they continue the anime through all of the LN's and not just call it a day after the Aincrad story.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:53 am

kimchi

kimchi

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
the best anime of this season. I hope they'll continue up to the latest volumes. LOVE

Sword Art Online Siggy-scandal
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:42 am

Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
love the latest episode.. hohoho!~ .common.

Sword Art Online Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:06 pm

AbedPauloHossain

AbedPauloHossain

International Performer
International Performer
I feel like they're skipping a lot in the Anime.(haven't read LN)

Mamitasu! LOVE
Sword Art Online Scandalmami280 Sword Art Online Scandalmami168
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:55 am

mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ there are some things that they skipped. but it's fine i think? as long as they don't skip out major details ~

Sword Art Online Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:15 pm

jona DJ

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
^ agreed.

i really love this anime. it's action-romance without the too girly heroine.

Sword Art Online Tumblr_mkbaztDHJP1s2ouyoo1_400

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:29 pm

ahxiian

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, they're skipping quite a bit if you read the LN.

I hope they have a season 2 though..

Sword Art Online Scanda15
SCANDAL the best all girls band ever !
RINA — I may make a mistake, I may be unable to do it, and I may lose heart..
but I think it is wasteful if I stopped because of such a thing.. I want to steadily change tomorrow by myself !
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:41 pm

jona DJ

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
season 2: the whole world turned into a game?

Sword Art Online Tumblr_mkbaztDHJP1s2ouyoo1_400

me: GENKI DESU~ Onion Shy

thinking about SCANDAL may cause extreme blushing, increasing heart beat rate, crazy actions, exhausted from jumping like a kid, unstoppable weird laughs, sudden excitement, and freaky things that you'll wish you had never done that
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.