Re: Applications
Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:48 am

Ki-chan

Ki-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I want to apply.. I hope I'll be accepted...  Sorry

Instrument/s: Vocals
Skill level/experience: Though I play keyboard, but I want to apply in vocals... I can sing Image, Kan Biiru, and Chiisana Honoo decently. My type of voice is Baritone.
Links to examples, if any: I don't have yet, but if I have a chance I'll upload it.
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes, I always visit this site
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? My aunt's room is like a video recording room. Because she sings and play instruments and record it. So I can borrow it...

Last edited by Ki-chan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Ki-chan wrote:I want to apply.. I hope I'll be accepted...  Sorry

Skill level/experience: Though I play keboard, but I want to apply in vocals... I can sing Image, Kan Biiru, and Chiisana Honoo decently. My type of voice is Baritone.
Links to examples, if any: I don't have yet, but if I have a chance I'll upload it.
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes, I always visit this site
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? My aunt's room is like a video recording room. Because she sings and play instruments and record it. So I can borrow it...

No rush, but please post a video or an audio of your singing, as we'd like to hear your voice.

A baritone eh? Can you sing in the style of guys like TM Revolution - some SCANDAL songs sung by a strong rock male voice can work.

Applications - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:05 am

Ki-chan

Ki-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
Ki-chan wrote:I want to apply.. I hope I'll be accepted...  Sorry

Skill level/experience: Though I play keboard, but I want to apply in vocals... I can sing Image, Kan Biiru, and Chiisana Honoo decently. My type of voice is Baritone.

No rush, but please post a video or an audio of your singing, as we'd like to hear your voice.

A baritone eh? Can you sing in the style of guys like TM Revolution - some SCANDAL songs sung by a strong rock male voice can work.
My voice is just like Chisa from DIV... And I don't rush.. Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:43 pm

D-chan

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
D-chan wrote:
Exhilem wrote:

Instrument/s: Piano / Violin
Skill level/experience: I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it..

ugh.. i'm so nee in posting here... XD sorry about this.. lemme do it again... gomen... XD 

Instrument/s: Piano / Violin 
Skill level/experience: I'm playing piano/keyboard for 6 years and violin for 1 only.. hehehe.. i only play in ears for piano ver covers... i also play guitar but.. forget it.. 
Links to examples, if any: here's my latest cover in piano version of chiisana honoo.. yep that's me.. =)

https://youtu.be/mn47I30wGmQ

Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? yep as soon as possible as I can
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? i only have a headphone with good quality microphone, that's what i use for my videos and covers.. its connected to my phone while recording, i can't hear anything but what i play, so i have to memorize everything and parts of the song... =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:56 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Hi D-chan

It's ok about your attempted post, even though you didn't get there in the end, we could still read your post. So, don't worry about it. But since you are new(ish?) here on SH I hope you know about the multiple post rules that the admins/mods are on about - just edit the post that doesn't look right to prevent double/multiple posting.

I presume that you are applying for a keyboard part? At the mo, we don't have a dedicated keyboard slot (some of our existing rostered members can play the piano/keyboard) but of course you are welcome to apply.

We do welcome people of variable abilities (none of us are professional musicians), but we do expect a certain level of ability, which is to comfortably be able to play the song, if you wanna come in and take part in a cover project.

The standards have been raised a bit of late in many aspects of our covers, so if you wanna apply - please see the past SHCB covers and you need to gauge if your level of playing is sufficient to maintain the standard we have achieved up to now.

As for the instrument you are using - your keyboard in that video looks fine. However, the method you are using to record your cover is of some concern, as it may well be sufficient for a freestyle solo cover, but in a band, every thing has to be played in time (from your description, I think I can safely assume that you have never played in a band? I apologise if you have!) with every one else.

If you can rectify these little shortcomings, please drop us a line again in this thread, and we'll see where we can go from there.

Good work

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:43 pm

D-chan

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
i haven't played instruments with band... XD but i do have experience with acapella ~ ah, I'll record our vocal jamming if we have a chance~ thank you! =)

Mami.is.life
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:04 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
D-chan wrote:i haven't played instruments with band... XD but i do have experience with acapella ~ ah, I'll record our vocal jamming if we have a chance~ thank you! =)

And another thing which I forgot to mention - your described recording method. When you mean a headphone with a good quality mic - did you mean like a webcam setup?

Sorry for the many questions - SH members doing vocals for the projects have home computer recording facilities (USB mic, audio interface etc) as we'd like the best quality audio file one could provide for a project. A voice recording onto a mobile phone (for example) may not be good enough in comparison to a proper set up.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:12 pm

D-chan

D-chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
yes, just like that.. i'm connecting it over my device.. =)

Mami.is.life
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:21 pm

xx.simsim

Caless Student
Caless Student
Instrument/s: vocals, bass guitar

Skill level/experience:
I've been singing my entire life! Been performing a lot recently for various things, such as choir, church band, and and a J-Pop competition. I'm still learning bass, but I'm able to play Scandal songs; may apply in the future for a bass part when I'm confident enough.

Links to examples, if any:

Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? 
Yes

What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? 
Condenser mic, usb interface.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:25 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
xx.simsim wrote:Instrument/s: vocals, bass guitar

Skill level/experience:
I've been singing my entire life! Been performing a lot recently for various things, such as choir, church band, and and a J-Pop competition. I'm still learning bass, but I'm able to play Scandal songs; may apply in the future for a bass part when I'm confident enough.

Yes

You won that? You're in.

Grin

SHCB ni yōkoso!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:33 am

xx.simsim

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:
xx.simsim wrote:Instrument/s: vocals, bass guitar

Skill level/experience:

Yes

You won that? You're in.

Grin

SHCB ni yōkoso!
Thank you so much! I'm so excited to take part in this. LOVE

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:15 pm

syaifulakbar

syaifulakbar

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://syaifulakbarhd.blogspot.co.id
Instrument/s: Electric Guitar (Mami Sasazaki)
Skill level/experience:Beginner
Links to examples, if any:i have none... coming soon
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum?yes
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument?using Guitar Rig 5 in my laptop

Applications - Page 5 Zfo0EQt
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:30 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
syaifulakbar wrote:Instrument/s: Electric Guitar (Mami Sasazaki)
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument?using Guitar Rig 5 in my laptop

Looking forward to see/listen to your audio/video of your playing, then.

Please♥

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:48 pm

syaifulakbar

syaifulakbar

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://syaifulakbarhd.blogspot.co.id
kudo_maharizu wrote:
syaifulakbar wrote:Instrument/s: Electric Guitar (Mami Sasazaki)

Looking forward to see/listen to your audio/video of your playing, then.

Please♥
Sure. But I still can not get away from the noise.

Applications - Page 5 Zfo0EQt
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:37 pm

Mesutto

Mesutto

Caless Student
Caless Student
Instrument/s: Electric guitar, acoustic guitar (i can play slide guitar a bit), classical guitar

Skill level/experience: i guess 4 years

https://www.facebook.com/sarpkayamesuts/videos/vb.100009311424842/1882137435439952/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1500906955581929

Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum?: Yes

What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument?: I only have webcam+its mic

Applications - Page 5 Deluxe10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:00 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Mesutto wrote:Instrument/s: Electric guitar, acoustic guitar (i can play slide guitar a bit), classical guitar

Skill level/experience: i guess 4 years

https://www.facebook.com/sarpkayamesuts/videos/vb.100009311424842/1882137435439952/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed&notif_id=1500906955581929

Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum?: Yes

What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument?: I only have webcam+its mic

Thanks for showing an interest in the cover band project. I have seen your video and unfortunately, if that is the only way you can record your electric guitar (ie using a webcam mic), then, the sound quality is insufficient for the projects we do.

Please head to our YouTube page and listen to the songs we have done thus far: https://www.youtube.com/user/SHcoverband

All of us in the band are amateurs, and it's not that we ask you to record in a studio. Home recording using a computer is pretty much common these days, and all of us in the band have this.

By all means, please send us another video/audio of your playing once you have a better recording setup. Looking forward to hear from you again!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 am

jona DJ

jona DJ

International Performer
International Performer
Instrument/s: drums, vocal
Skill level/experience: 4 years? but i'm self taught (for drums)
Links to examples, if any: coming soon!

Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? yes
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? using garage band on my laptop (i have electric drums, i think i just have to plug it in) --> will update later. for vocal, is using the microphone on apple headset is acceptable?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:23 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
jona DJ wrote:for vocal, is using the microphone on apple headset is acceptable?[/size]

We don't really look at price tags or how pro your equipment is, but would appreciate if your mic can do the job well.

I have no idea the quality of your Apple headset's mic is but if you can pull off a decent vocal track from it then go ahead.

That's why examples are important in these applications as we rather not have people enter the project, do their bit and us going, "Err... could you redo your part please?"

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:58 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
Instrument/s: Guitar
Skill level/experience: Moderate, playing 10+ years
Links to examples, if any: hmm, I'll see what I can think of or find!
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes, I can
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? Either a Shure 57 mic or through Line 6 amp modeler to computer (using Reaper)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:10 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
mbowie4321 wrote:Instrument/s: Guitar
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? Either a Shure 57 mic or through Line 6 amp modeler to computer (using Reaper)

Hi there. It’ll be great if you can tell us how you’d be recording your video too - a smartphone that takes HD (which is commonplace these days) would be just fine.

A link to an example of your playing can be in audio format too, if you already have that. Looking forward to it.

PS: You don’t play drums as well, do you? Guitarists are aplenty here, but very few good drummers!

Grin

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:47 am

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hi, yes guitarists are easy to find! My band always struggled with drummers. I can use a smart phone or digital SLR for video. I'll try and steer you to some audio.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:16 am

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

kudo_maharizu wrote:

Hi there. It’ll be great if you can tell us how you’d be recording your video too - a smartphone that takes HD (which is commonplace these days) would be just fine.

A link to an example of your playing can be in audio format too, if you already have that. Looking forward to it.

PS: You don’t play drums as well, do you? Guitarists are aplenty here, but very few good drummers!

Grin

@kudo_maharizu, just following up on this thread, you saw my video on the cover video board. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:16 pm

Rina-Hime

Rina-Hime

Caless Student
Caless Student
Instrument/s: Guitar and Vocal 
Skill level/experience: i noob but I will always try my best ;A; 
Links to examples, if any: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke7MACgQTv4 the girl is me :D
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes yes
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? for now C-1U Behringer USB mic .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:25 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer

@kudo_maharizu, just following up on this thread, you saw my video on the cover video board. Thanks.

Rina-Hime wrote:Instrument/s: Guitar and Vocal 
Skill level/experience: i noob but I will always try my best ;A; 
Links to examples, if any: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke7MACgQTv4 the girl is me :D
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? Yes yes
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? for now C-1U Behringer USB mic .hail.

Hi guys - based on your YouTube videos showcasing your abilities (performance and audio/video recording), welcome to SHCB!

If you have a Facebook account, please PM me so that I could add you to the SHCB FB group page.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am

vexcza

Caless Student
Caless Student
Instrument/s: drums
Skill level/experience: noob
Links to examples, if any: youtube.com/user/BANI7777
Are you able to be up to date with this sub-forum? yes
What will you be using to record the audio of your instrument? 8 channel audio interface

yoroshiku onegaishimasu  .hail.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next