Go down

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Thank you so much for the translations!
Your hard work is very well appreciated over here haha

Kill the Virgin's dirty (well, not "DIRTY", but "grown-up" xD) lyrics don't bother me so much.
The girls are adults, they can sing of more mature material if they're comfortable with it lol

Reading Koe's lyrics just made me fall more in love with the song!
"I've realized that my practiced feet avoid crowds of people" haha I love that Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 804545

Queens are trumps's ones are badass, just like the song. Love it.

I could go on about the other song lyrics, but don't want to write a super long post.
Anyway, I love them all lol

Arigatou!!

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
awesome! Thanks for the lyrics .hail.

Kill the virgin's lyrics.. omg.. HAHA! anyway it's not the girls who wrote that song.. so, I don't mind. LOL .uhuh.

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down
february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
kill the virgin's lyrics aren't that bad.
they confuse me a bit, but i don't see any controversy.
(this is coming from an 18-year old.)

but i just the lyrics for queens are trumps!
mami is quite the lyricist.

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down
rusti3

rusti3

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wow! now with Translations!

~~~~

Damn...somehow...just reading the translations for Bitter Chocolate made me teary-eyed CANTA Cry
Then as I read it...imagining it was Tomomi who is saying those exact words to me... .omg. .waaa.

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Th_T_B2_zps45268de4
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
@thoseguiltyeyes: Thank you very much! .hail. *copy and paste mode for personal collection*

Back to top Go down
hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for the translations... I love the lyrics of Bitter Chocolate ... very meaningful and deep....

When I first read Kill The Virgin .... I was like WTH! hahaha

SCANDAL's music is really getting mature these days .... and that's great :D

Back to top Go down
jpopishot

jpopishot

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think I understand where you guys are coming from, i reacted the way I did cuz the mature reference was so out there and a bit specific, it's not what we usually see from them is what I'm getting at is all, so I freaked out a little, I kinda like it now, it grew on me like Taiyou Scandalous did.

Jpop kicks American music's ass .bleh. but SCANDAL rules them all
Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for the translations thoseguiltyeyes. .wow.

Hmmm... Nowadays, all of the members come up with great lyrics that have really deep meanings.

Do the girls use their personal experience for their lyrics because it just sounds so... real and meaningful, like it's happened before...?

Mami's lyrics in Queens are Trumps is really meaningful. I especially loved these lines:
Queens don't reach the top just by being cute
A woman's heart gets stronger as she fights
Mami, can you get any better? <3

Timo's lyrics in Bitter Chocolate is also another one that I think's really meaningful and I love Rina's composition. The music really puts you in that type of soothing mood...
LOVE

Back to top Go down
joanah009

joanah009

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Queens are trumps and bitter chocolate ftw!

the lyrics of Kill the Virgin o.o kinda disturbing haha.
I didnt expect that lyrics with that melody XD

thanks for the translation!

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 1-11
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 2-14Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Joanah009Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 4-11
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 3-10
Back to top Go down
rusti3

rusti3

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@jpopishot: Hajimetal wrote the lyrics to KTV. The girls had no hand in writing them. Hajimetal did say that he was inspired by the title of their fall tour last year.

Quoting thouseguiltyeyes' post regarding the lyrics of Kill The Virgin. XD

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Th_T_B2_zps45268de4
Back to top Go down
mylastonepiece

mylastonepiece

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
thank you so much for posting!!! .smile.

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 GwLkWlB

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Ub

Follow my SCANDAL tumblr: http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

endless_rain

Caless Student
Caless Student
OMG...the lyrics of KTV is simply too annoying and errotic....(sorry for using that word, but I can't find an alternative)
The song and Tomo's voice is just perfect here. But once I know about the meaning of the lyrics, I just can't help but skip the song.....

Don't you guys think that the lyrics spoiled the image of SCANDAL and Tomo??
Hope that it is not Sony forces them to do it, just because of presenting a "mature" image. I just wanna say that there is a difference between mature and erotic. And I wholeheartedly hope that Scandal don't go that way in the future.....

Or, is it me that taking it too serious? Or do their fans in Japan generally accept that?

Back to top Go down
skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
it probably depends on how someone interprets it. It could mean something else though. I remember my teacher used to tell me that a song is actually one form of poetry. Some words and phrases in poetry could be metaphorical (as in, the words and phrases probably have an implicit meaning). Although honestly I don't know what is it actually implying XD
Or, maybe this song is actually towards a certain group of audiences. As others have pointed out, those who already went "that deep" in relationship (well, blame my limited knowledge, but I think it's perfect for recently married couple).
Besides, although the lyrics are like that, they didn't actually went full-blown explicit with it. So for me it's still acceptable (It's not like they're endorsing "not-being-a-virgin" or anything)
And since people are still buying the album, I think it's not much of image-ruiner. It's only one song among others. Just because one sounds controversial, that doesn't mean the other songs would be ruined by it hehehe :D
That's just what I thought about it though Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 50249 I hope that doesn't sound harsh
Maybe someone who is an expert with lyrics could help?
Although personally, I'm not really disturbed by it hehehe

On another note, even though I'm still single, I can't help but feel like my heart is being punched right out of its sockets after reading the "Bitter Chocolate" lyric. Kudos for Tomo for doing such deep lyrics Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 628112

Last edited by skywing-SM on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Sca_si11
Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
still wondering if Kill the virgin's lyrics really goes that way. LOL .sweat.

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
To anyone surprised/etc. with Kill the virgin, come on: the band is named "SCANDAL" Tongue

In all seriousness, I personally think these lyrics are almost nonsensical, so seeing all these people getting worked up over them is a little odd. I get that the lyrics deal with a "mature" subject but it's not like they're explicit or anything; they hardly make any sense as a whole. It's like they lightly touch upon the subject but don't delve that deeply into it.

I do agree with the others that have said before that you probably do need to be a bit "mature" in order to not be surprised/shocked/whatever with these lyrics. Those who seem to be more "mature" don't really seem to have any problems with them. It seems almost like you have to be more "mature" to realize that these lyrics aren't that "mature." haha.

Plus, I doubt that the girls would ever do something that they wouldn't be okay with doing. By them recording this song and putting it on the album, it's basically saying that they were fine with it and enjoyed recording it. Example: RINA seemed to have liked playing the keyboard/synthesizer on the song.

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

endless_rain

Caless Student
Caless Student
Maybe that's a translation problem. Because I came across with another translated version and the wordings used are explicitly pointing to that thing... the verbs and adjectives used also straight-forwardly describing that.
That's why I think the lyrics are far from poetry or lightly touch upon the subject.....

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I suppose it is, but we based this translation almost exactly/literally as the lyrics are in Japanese, and the lyrics are pretty simple. Probably the other translation you read added things that shouldn't have been added.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
haha! oh well.. as long as the song's beating is catchy.. and besides.. it's SCANDAL, I don't mind what song they will make. That's a true fan would do .hail.

~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Back to top Go down
funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
so that's what kill the virgin means..hehe..thanks for the translations..
Nice one

me want you..
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41eQueens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:To anyone surprised/etc. with Kill the virgin, come on: the band is named "SCANDAL" Tongue

In all seriousness, I personally think these lyrics are almost nonsensical, so seeing all these people getting worked up over them is a little odd. I get that the lyrics deal with a "mature" subject but it's not like they're explicit or anything; they hardly make any sense as a whole. It's like they lightly touch upon the subject but don't delve that deeply into it.

I do agree with the others that have said before that you probably do need to be a bit "mature" in order to not be surprised/shocked/whatever with these lyrics. Those who seem to be more "mature" don't really seem to have any problems with them. It seems almost like you have to be more "mature" to realize that these lyrics aren't that "mature." haha.

Plus, I doubt that the girls would ever do something that they wouldn't be okay with doing. By them recording this song and putting it on the album, it's basically saying that they were fine with it and enjoyed recording it. Example: RINA seemed to have liked playing the keyboard/synthesizer on the song.

I definitely agree with this, especially the first sentence (C'mon, it's SCANDAL. .common. Hehehe...)

The first time I heard the song, I have been wondering why the music and vocals seemed off (well, by my ears). But by reading the translation, I guess maybe that's the reason. I wasn't really shocked/surprised at the lyrics and translation in the first place because well, it's SCANDAL after all. *shrugs*

As I read the translation, the main sense of the song seemed broken to me, in a sense that there is no solid coherence (as mentioned), although one can say that the song touches a bit of the 'other' side of love and romance. Well, even if it's broken, it's broken in a good sense. Maybe it's even meant to be broken (as well as with the music). The music also gives me this retro feel.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Suzuki

Mr. Suzuki

International Performer
International Performer
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 191188 kill the virgin worries me
but the melody is very good
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 296664

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 15859RIIIINNNNAAAAA-CHAAAAANN

Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Back_o12Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 772750
Back to top Go down
funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
about the kill the virgin lyrics..i think it's for those who have experienced love for the first time, and their like exaggerating things about that first time they loved a person that's why they want to kill that first time feeling...i think..hope you get me..hehe..i'm really bad at explaining things..hehehe
and yah..there's nothing bad about the lyrics of this song..i guess there can be issues to some guys who thinks totally green or immature about the lyrics .hmmm.

but jumping to bitter chocolate..i really loved the song..especially to that part that tomo's singing the aishiteru part and the I love you part..there's something in there..hehe..

and koe..hehe..i hope the voice there was me..ahehe..very good to listen especially at night..hehe

and i enjoyed the songs more because some of the songs have english lyrics..some stanzas are pure english..so...it's not that really hard to understand everything..hehe.. Nice one .love.

me want you..
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41eQueens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Not sure why the full list of lyric writers for Rock'n Roll didn't show up on the site I had originally gotten the lyrics from, but they're updated now. The writers are HARUNA, TOMOMI, and Yuichi Tajika.

Back to top Go down
Anemayfan

Anemayfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
@thoseguiltyeyes Thank you once again for the lyrics and translations!

I actually wasn't surprised by the lyrics of Kill The Virgin and more so I wasn't surprised the girls were willing to perform it. KTV did give me a WTH reaction when I first heard it because my translating skills had so many disjointed phrases and because the parts of it that I was able to translate and understand made NO sense to me on the whole Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 675914 I loved the 80's vibe though and quickly grew to like it. This song does have mature themes, but I was surprised how shocked some people were over it. I read their Q&A in the Baby Action PB and I've seen some of the more recent interviews they've had since Taiyou Scandalous and from those I got the impression that Tomomi, Haruna, and Mami are a bit "naughty" (yes THAT meaning of naughty). So from my point of view, when the girls first saw the lyrics for KTV only Rina would've gone "WTF!" Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 21831 while the others especially Timo would've jumped right into it, which is probably why she took the lead vocals on it. I can fully imagine Tomomi going "I want to sing this!" Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen- Album Lyrics - Page 2 610566

Following SCANDAL isn't just fandom, it's a way of life. /common
Back to top Go down
anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
@thoseguiltyeyes: I've wondering about this, because in the photobook (there are lyrics in the photobook, in Japanese characters however), I saw this for the "ai wana yuu" part: 愛 罠 遊.

I know what each character mean (love, trap, travel/play), but I don't know how to make sense of it...
So sorry... I'm just really curious... .sweat.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.