Go down

WWE [Page 9 of 9]

Re: WWE
Posted Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:33 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It was awesome finally seeing AJ Styles in WWE. I enjoyed his match on Raw too. As for the Rumble, I'm fine with Triple H being champion. Its at least better than Roman winning.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:43 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
tomorocks! wrote:It was awesome finally seeing AJ Styles in WWE. I enjoyed his match on Raw too. As for the Rumble, I'm fine with Triple H being champion. Its at least better than Roman winning.

Same here!

Although, I was expecting for Styles to last five to ten more minutes and eliminate two to three more wrestlers including a Wyatt family member. Have you heard loud boos from the crowd when Owens eliminated him? There's so much hype in AJ.

His match with Jericho at Raw was pretty good. The pace was slower and less brutal than the usual in TNA, ROH, and New Japan. It seems that WWE utilizing Styles straight to the main roster slowly but surely. I'd like to see him to have matches against the likes Dean Ambrose, Bray Wyatt, and Seth Rollins in the near future. I would be more than glad if Styles will "conquer" Brock Lesnar soon.

About Roman, I am starting to lose interest on him after watching a promo of him on insulting Triple H's family in front of his wife. I think it was a Raw episode after the TLC PPV. It was totally disgusting for a top face of the any promotion insulting someone's family.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:35 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I agree. I think AJ got eliminated too soon, and Owens definitely got a lot of heat for eliminating him.

I think AJ vs. Cena would be a cool match, since its the face of TNA vs. the face of WWE.

As for Roman, I don't completely hate him. He was alright when he was in the Shield. Its just that his promo skills are not that good, and he's getting pushed too fast.

EDIT: I just read that Shinsuke Nakamura is going to make his debut on NXT Takeover Dallas. Thats going to be awesome!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:56 am

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I must share this amazing picture with everyone. 

Spoiler:

WWE - Page 9 NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:27 am

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
I'd like to share with you my fond memories of watching one of my all time favorite wrestlers who was considered an innovator deranged man gimmick that became the blueprint of an era. His name was Brian Pillman.

Initially known as Flyin' Brian, he was known as a clear cut highflying babyface with great arsenal of Lucha Libre-inspired moves which is unknown to North American fans from the late 1980s to the early 1990s. At the time, Pillman and Jushin Liger were the only well known highflying wrestlers in WCW. It was a shame that WCW stuck him as in the midcard level due to his lack of size, billed only at 6'0, 226 lbs (but, only 5'10", 200 lbs in actuality). He was also known for teaming up with his real life best friend Stunning Steve Austin (later known as Stone Cold Steve Austin) as Hollywood Blonds.

Later, he became a part of the villainous stable The Four Horsemen where he received a considerable push. He also started developing the "Loose Cannon" gimmick that would see him do a series of worked shoots that would gain him a degree of infamy for his unpredictable character. He even changed his looks drastically inspired from the late Kurt Cobain and billed himself as Brian "F****n'" Pillman during his short yet memorable stint in ECW.

His career however nearly ended from an automobile accident in April 1996 which lead him appearing the remainder of his stint in ECW doing promos and vignettes while sitting on a wheelchair (for real). In fact, Pillman often confused colleagues including Jim Ross, Eric Bischoff, and writer Dave Meltzer and the media. Some thought his persona was just a mere gimmick. While, many thought that he was actually nuts.

In June of 1996, he signed the first ever guaranteed contract with WWE (formerly WWF) while recovering from injuries. He often appeared in WWE television as commentator on both Monday Night Raw and Shotgun Saturday Night. There were even more controversial promos of him such as the "Pillman's Got a Gun" angle with Austin in November 1996 and his "XXX Files" with Terri Runnels in early 1997. That same year, he went back to the ring with limited moves because of his badly damaged left ankle from the car accident. His matches in WWE were really painful to watch! However, the fans gave no big deal with his limited moves because, they loved his "Loose Cannon" persona. Pillman, along with Austin, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Mick Foley, and the young Triple H became instrumental to the development of the Attitude Era.

Sadly, Pillman died to an undiagnosed heart disease on October 5, 1997 at the young age of 35.

If Brian Pillman would have lived today, he must have been one of the megastars of the Attitude Era. He may have been worn the World Heavyweight Championship even once. He might have been a WWE Hall of Famer today.

His early death preserved the enigma and legacy of his "Loose Cannon" persona.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:10 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Nice thoughts on Pillman. I remember his run in ECW. He did a great job with the "crazy" gimmick, even though he was in a wheelchair for most of his stint. He paved the way for people like Dean Ambrose.

I still think he will eventually be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame someday.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:23 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
Has anyone here watched Wrestlemania 32? Any thoughts?

WWE - Page 9 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:21 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I watched it using the free trial of WWE Network for April. I really enjoyed Styles vs. Jericho, but I felt it could've been longer and Styles should have won. Then again, it's his first Wrestlemania, so I guess that's why they had Jericho win.

I also enjoyed Shane vs. Taker. Man, that elbow drop off the cell was awesome. Shane is always willing to do something crazy.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns was decent, but I felt it was too slowly-paced. I enjoyed the Women's title match and Lesnar vs. Ambrose was also pretty decent.

It was also cool seeing The Rock getting physical with the Wyatts, even though he couldn't wrestle an actual match this year.

Overall, I feel that last year's card was a lot stronger. To be honest, I enjoyed NXT Takeover a lot more than this year's Wrestlemania.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:55 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
tomorocks! wrote:I watched it using the free trial of WWE Network for April. I really enjoyed Styles vs. Jericho, but I felt it could've been longer and Styles should have won. Then again, it's his first Wrestlemania, so I guess that's why they had Jericho win.

It was also cool seeing The Rock getting physical with the Wyatts, even though he couldn't wrestle an actual match this year.

I agree! No reaction from the crowd when Jericho won.

tomorocks! wrote:I also enjoyed Shane vs. Taker. Man, that elbow drop off the cell was awesome. Shane is always willing to do something crazy.

That's why my ex-grilfriend called him The Custodian, lol!

tomorocks! wrote:Triple H vs. Roman Reigns was decent, but I felt it was too slowly-paced. I enjoyed the Women's title match and Lesnar vs. Ambrose was also pretty decent.

For me, the strongest match in the card is the Women's Championship triple threat match despite of the finish. I would consider that as the best match of the year! It's really fresh to see pure women's wrestling in a WWE PPV since 1995.

tomorocks! wrote:To be honest, I enjoyed NXT Takeover a lot more than this year's Wrestlemania.

Honestly, I have no comment about NXT TakeOver Dallas yet because it was not shown on cable TV channel. I don't subscribe to WWE Network either. Although, I've heard that TakeOver was really good.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:56 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
For me, the strongest match in the card is the Women's Championship triple threat match despite of the finish. For me, it is the best match of the year! It's really fresh to see pure women's wrestling in a WWE PPV since 1995.

That's a good choice. The Women's match was excellent. Personally, I was hoping Becky would win, even though I expected it to be Sasha. I was surprised when Charlotte won.

As far as Takeover Dallas goes, the best match was Nakamura's debut against Sami Zayn. That match was awesome. But the show was solid all the way through.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon May 02, 2016 8:23 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've watched WM 32 and tbh, it was less than stellar.  NXT  completely overshadowed WM 32 and some of the matches were just unfreaking believable! Sami Zayn and Nakamura match was INSANE. One of the best matches I have ever seen! Asuka and Baileys wasn't too bad either! I didn't watch Samoa Joe's and Finn Balors match... was too tired. 

From memory, I can't say that some of the matches were excellent, but I guess the real highlight was Shane jumping from the top of the cage match. Pretty cray. The IC championship was quite a surprise, no one saw Zack Ryder taking it at least for me, (and losing it the next day on RAW!) and when KO was tossed into the ladder, I seriously thought he was injured lmfao. 

Wyatts being squashed by the Geometric Geography Guy (The Rock, an inside joke among my friends and I) and King Barrett being ousted by the League of Legends. Without having to sign a contract extension, kind of saw it coming. Cool thing was New Day Dressing up as Super Saiyans. Had a good laugh at that. 

The Jericho x AJ Styles was less than stellar... I mean we've seen the match on RAW for like four weeks in a row! If it was a new thing, I'm pretty sure it would have been much more entertaining than it was. 

The Triple H and Ramen Reigns match was... so boring. I was debating whether or not I should stay at my friends to watch it or to go home an hour early but I chose to stay... and was very disappointed I didn't choose to go home. There is only so much Triple H can do to take Ramen look stronk, and bah gawd it was just... too predictable. 

Strangely enough, now we have Shane McMahon leading RAW with Steph, making most of the matches on WM completely irrelevant and only making Ramen Reigns thing canon. 

What are your thoughts on Payback? Scary stuff happened with Enzo Amore!

WWE - Page 9 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 03, 2016 6:40 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, I was worried about Enzo's concussion, but it's good to know that he is okay.

I felt like Payback was nothing special, but I enjoyed the main event of Styles vs. Reigns. I was hoping Finn Balor would make his debut, but maybe they are saving it for the rematch at Extreme Rules.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:40 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
Has anyone watched SmackDown Live last Tuesday night? Any thoughts with the WWE Draft? ^_^

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:51 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I watched it. I was kinda shocked that they split up AJ and The Club. On the bright side, Anderson and Gallows are now on the same brand as Finn Balor. So, my guess is that they will make Balor the new leader of The Club.

I'm also wondering what they are going to do about the Women's Championship since the women were drafted to seperate brands.

I'm assuming Raw will bring back the World Heavyweight Championship now that the WWE Championship is exclusive to Smackdown.

Aside from that, I'm happy for Carmella that she got drafted to Smackdown. Bayley wrestled at Battleground, so I'm hoping she will be on one of the brands as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:44 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
When I was watching the Draft, I was kinda playing video games at the same time so I didn't get a good glimpse of what was happening haha. But from memory, I know that RAW is somewhat stacked compared to Smackdown. I thought it was quite funny to see that Curtis Axel wasn't chosen at all in the draft and thought was an appropriate ending. 

It's good to see some of the NXT wrestlers being on Smackdown and RAW to add some talent to their rosters. It's too bad Nakamura and Samoa Joe weren't there.

Since the World Heavyweight Champion is now on Smackdown (thanks to Bean Ambrose! aka John Moxley), RAW has decided to put the "Universal Heavyweight Champion" (I don't know, someone quote me on this!) which gives Rollins an automatic shot... and the challengers being Roman Reigns and Finn Balor. 

Summerslam looks to be exciting with Orton coming back and curious to see how people handle the juiced up Brak Lazner making an appearance.

WWE - Page 9 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:16 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
Fianlly, WWE has brand new champions who are well-loved by fans regardless of their face or heel personas!

Any thoughts if whether their championship reigns are too early or just the right time?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:07 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I haven't kept up with RAM (Raw lol) or Smackdown lately, just their PPVs. From what I remember, I am extremely pleased to see Kevin Owens being the champion from the Raw side and AJ Styles being the champion on Smackdown. They are my favourite wrestlers currently so that's good!

I think the fans have been waiting for a very long time for this, so I think it's the perfect time. (At least I Know I have waiting for Kevin Owens to win something besides the IC). What are your thoughts?

I have no idea what to expect from Night of Champions (Haven't been following Raw) but with Rollins in the mix, it's going to be good.

Off topic, have you guys watched TNA Final Deletion? It features Broken Matt Hardy "deleting" his brother, Jeff Hardy. I'd have to say, it is the most stupid, hilarious and entertaining piece of work I've seen in a very long time. Just thinking about it makes me laugh haha xD

WWE - Page 9 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:36 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
somechineseguy wrote:Off topic, have you guys watched TNA Final Deletion? It features Broken Matt Hardy "deleting" his brother, Jeff Hardy. I'd have to say, it is the most stupid, hilarious and entertaining piece of work I've seen in a very long time. Just thinking about it makes me laugh haha xD

Yeah, I saw Final Deletion. I thought it was hilarious. Have you seen the sequel? Its called "Delete or Decay". If not, you should watch it.

As for the WWE Champions, I am so happy that AJ Styles is the new WWE World Champion. I never thought I would see AJ hold that title. I think its perfect timing, since he just finished beating Cena in their feud. I'm also happy for Kevin Owens being the Universal Champion. Although it seemed rushed because of Finn Balor's injury. Either way, Owens deserves it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:52 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
So far, 2016 has been mixed for WWE. I don't watch RAW because of the abysmal storytelling except for Chris Jericho's revitalized in-ring persona and Kevin Owens' comedic championship reign. So many wrestlers who are over to the fans are being left behind.

Meanwhile, I love watching Smackdown again after the Draft. Smackdown becomes a better show than RAW again like it was in 2002. I am glad that AJ Styles for his push as a World Champion despite of his maiden year in the company. Also, many deserving Superstars are being groomed as champions and main eventers like American Alpha, Alexa Bliss, and Baron Corbin.

Out of Topic Discussion:
Anyone plays WWE 2K17 here? I am having an idea of creating SCANDAL as wrestlers and creating a custom PPV called "Saturday Night SCANDAL" (with a simple yet sophistacted custom indoor arena) where all the members of the band will be involved in a Fatal 4-Way match. XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:32 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For some strange reason, I watch more of RAW than I do for Smackdown. I do agree with you; the storytelling in RAW is terrible. Jericho and Owens are the only people for me that are keeping it entertaining. Also, I'm starting to like Braun Strowmen for the sole reason he comes out of nowhere and beats people (jobbers) up. I think it's hilarious.

Smackdown does have better content, I'm just thinking that it's because it's more condensed (2 hours vs 3 hours). AJ Styles still remains to be one of my favourites, and quite surprised to see American Alpha and Alexa Bliss getting the champions.

I don't play 2k17, but thinking of the seeing the Scandal members being portrayed as wrestlers cringed me, no lie. It would be jokes to see it though.

WWE - Page 9 NAcXfXa
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:50 pm

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ever since the brand split, I have enjoyed Smackdown waaay more than Raw. Smackdown has great storylines and actually pushes it's young stars properly. Hell, Smackdown even pushed James Ellsworth just because the fans wanted it. Plus, having AJ Styles as your brand's champion is always awesome.

Like you guys said, the Owens/Jericho friendship is the only thing that keeps Raw interesting. But, I feel like Owens' reign as champion has been pretty weak. However, I'm enjoying the Zayn/Strowman feud, because I feel that it will make Zayn more over in the long run.

@MamiNoodles I don't have 2k17 but that sounds like a cool idea. I'm sure you can make the Scandal members look realistic if you use the import face feature.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:08 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
I forgot to mention that The Miz transformation from a good in-ring worker to one of the top guys after The Draft. He was like a Don Draper meets Brian Pillman. I just love him!

@tomorocks: I saw some good tutorials on Youtube. Although, I'd like to make their bodies more athletic. However, the challenge so far will be adding custom entrance videos and themes. I dunno if they will release a DLC pack that allow those in the next few months.

@somechineseguy: I understand that the idea of Mami wearing something similar to Brie Bella, doing a Daniel Bryan "YES!" entrance while playing "Honn Wo Yomu", having a moveset similar to Charlotte, and Shinsuke Nakamura's finishing move can be cringeworthy yet hilarious. XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:01 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
Please watch Southpaw Regional Wrestling on WWE Network and Youtube!

Totally hilarious!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 pm

SCAPepper

SCAPepper

International Performer
International Performer
MamiNoodles wrote:Please watch Southpaw Regional Wrestling on WWE Network and Youtube!

Totally hilarious!
Never heard of it, but I guess I saw while navigating through the network, what is about?

Braun Strowman is the most fun guy in the company right now imo, his concert segment with Elias was hilarious, dude has to be in WrestleMania against Brock Lesnar.

WWE - Page 9 4qVqQA4
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:44 pm

ChottoLatte

ChottoLatte

Caless Student
Caless Student
So it's almost time for Wrestlemania. Anyone here excited for it? The Daniel Bryan news is one of the best things to be announced so far imo.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum