Go down

Anime to watch [Page 2 of 2]

Re: Anime to watch
Posted Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:54 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
jakie.ona wrote:@mami-haha ur right or how about to love RU it has 3 seasons..

Actually To Love Ru is ecchi too Sigh ROFL

Anime to watch - Page 2 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:09 am

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi,

Like @mamijjang and @mdri I would also highly recommend Shingeki no Kyojin: gripping story, amazing action scenes, fantastic opening. Although I dont' watch as many animes as before, this one would be my anime of the year by far :-)

@HaRuRinNaMaMiToMo Serial Experiments Lain... Wow, this brings back memories... An old one but indeed a very good one, I loved this anime. Weird, bizarre, sometimes incomprehensible, but always fascinating.

@Mami~ and what's SAO 2 by the way ?

I don't know if it fits in this section and topic, but I'm a huge fan of Avatar The Last Airbender and would also recommend this series. It was created in the US, but it is heavily inspired from Asian culture (and Miyazaki's movies from Ghibli studio). And its recent sequel, Legend of Korra, which season 2 is starting in september, is also amazing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:03 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
~Lolo-Kun SAO (Sword Art Online) is an anime which has only 1 season yet~ But there is a plan of making SAO's second season! ^^ So SAO 2 means Sword Art Online's second season Happy))

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:19 pm

tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
I recommend you two animes: Durarara... starting from the episode 11, the story is very adictive and Zetsuen no Tempest... personally I like zetsuen no tempest because of the story who is simple to understand with mystery. Both are not ecchi

if you want to read something about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durarara!!#Anime
 or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blast_of_Tempest#Anime

and the openings are great: durarara 1 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O9hRcIAza0 durarara 2 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQOc_07raNE

zetsuen no tempest 1 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dps6S-sOr54 zetsuen no tempest 2 = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hYn6AvBELw

Anime to watch - Page 2 TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:58 pm

Some of these are pretty mainstream, so it's likely that you'll have already watched them, and they've already been mentioned. Anyway, here are some anime that I recommend.

One Piece - You probably already watch it or at least know about it. I'd personally say that it's the best long-running anime.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Another popular one, with good reason. Probably my favourite anime.

Afro Samurai - It's really short, so just watch it. I know it's American, but it's still good.

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) - Everyone's talking about it. It's really good, but you might want to wait for some more episodes to come out before you start.

Steins;Gate - The best in its series (Out of Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate, and Robotics;Notes). It manages to make repetition interesting, something which many stories struggle to do. 

Psycho-Pass - The overall concept is quite interesting, and it was well-executed.

Death Note - Another mainstream anime. Well executed, exciting, not too predictable.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - You might say it's outdated, but it's an interesting, complex story with well thought-out characters. You need to pay attention, or you'll get lost.

Kids on the Slope - A nice anime. Probably suited more for girls than boys. I think many of the members here would like the musical theme.

You can find summaries and reviews all over the internet, so I won't link any.

I would also recommend SAO Happy

Anyone who has watched Berserk, how does it compare to the manga? I'm considering watching it.

Last edited by Nosferatu Zodd on Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:44 pm

furuba9000

furuba9000

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://candibunni09.tumblr.com/
Lol, everybody is taking my suggestions! XD

Well, how about...

Gintama - A shonen manga thats very hilarious (it's actually a comedy), but it has the right amount of action. It's very enjoyable, although peopple complain that it's slow in the beginning (I don't think so Happy ).
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - A shonen manga with lots of action (and arcs, but they don't show all of the arcs on the anime). It has 8 parts to it, and a 26 episode anime that came out in 2012 (even though the manga came out in 1986). It's really good, but very violent, so I don't know if you'll like it lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:39 pm

lolo-kun

lolo-kun

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Nosferatu Zodd wrote:Anyone who has watched Berserk, how does it compare to the manga? I'm considering watching it.
I have read the manga Berserk and watch the first anime series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)#Anime). Actually I watched this anime series before the manga was published in my country (France). It really is an excellent anime, good animation, great character design (very true to the manga) and fantastic score (the music is beautiful and haunting). 

But it is a very very frustrating anime as the story depicted in the first and only season is the flashback (the Golden Age arc), when Guts meets the Band of the Hawk and it ends with the ceremony of the Eclipse. The anime series blew me away and the finale destroyed me with the most painful cliffhanger I had ever seen.
The worst thing was there never was a second season and I had to wait for the manga to be published and reach volume 14 to finally be able to read what happens after the ceremony of the Eclipse.

Anyway it's a great anime worth watching, even if you have read the manga in my opinion.

I have not watched the film series yet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk:_Golden_Age_Arc) but I will very soon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:59 pm

lolo-kun wrote:
Nosferatu Zodd wrote:Anyone who has watched Berserk, how does it compare to the manga? I'm considering watching it.
I have read the manga Berserk and watch the first anime series (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)#Anime). Actually I watched this anime series before the manga was published in my country (France). It really is an excellent anime, good animation, great character design (very true to the manga) and fantastic score (the music is beautiful and haunting). 

But it is a very very frustrating anime as the story depicted in the first and only season is the flashback (the Golden Age arc), when Guts meets the Band of the Hawk and it ends with the ceremony of the Eclipse. The anime series blew me away and the finale destroyed me with the most painful cliffhanger I had ever seen.
The worst thing was there never was a second season and I had to wait for the manga to be published and reach volume 14 to finally be able to read what happens after the ceremony of the Eclipse.

Anyway it's a great anime worth watching, even if you have read the manga in my opinion.

I have not watched the film series yet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk:_Golden_Age_Arc) but I will very soon.

Thanks Nice one 

I'm glad that they didn't let us down after such an awesome manga. .clap. 

It's a real shame how infrequently chapters are released (It's been over half a year since Chapter 333 was uploaded to manga reader Sad).

Looks like I'll be watching that after I finish Ghost in the Shell SAC 2nd GIG.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:49 pm

harunalover123

harunalover123

Caless Student
Caless Student
SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN *Enough said*

Anime to watch - Page 2 Tumblr_mty6o6qJwP1sqcr2ao4_500
HARUNA KAWAII LOVE 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
harunalover123 wrote:SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN *Enough said*
I think i'm the only who hasn't watches this anime ^ .wew.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:21 pm

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Mitchan~ wrote:
Don't worry, you're not the only one who still hasn't watch it yet haha.

Currently I'm watching Servant x Service and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

SxS is pretty funny. It has very quirky characters and is very similar to the anime "Working!"

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is the epitome of manliness. Seriously.

Anime to watch - Page 2 NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:55 pm

akaisuko

akaisuko

Caless Student
Caless Student
Is there someone who loves and have watch "Sakurasou no pet no kanojo". It's an anime you guys should watch. And if you guys love action anime, you should watch "Fairy Tail" and "One Piece".
Nice to see you all, Yoroshiku onegaishimasu .happy. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:35 am

Mitchan~ wrote:
Haha, Mitchan! .lol.

Your comment reminds me of what had driven me to watch that series, and that is peer pressure!

Well, I'm guessing you're somehow curious. It's a mainstream anime so everyone seems to be watching and talking about it. Anyway, if you approve of the genre, why not give it a try and see if you will like it? It seems to have suited my taste, although I cannot conclude yet how good it is since the series is still ongoing.. it's a still a bit early to be critical, I guess.

Hmm.. for the mean time, I would say nothing aside from Shingeki no Kyojin interests me at the moment, but I'm on the verge of looking for something worth watching. .ehem.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Adii wrote:
Mitchan~ wrote:
Haha, Mitchan! .lol.

Your comment reminds me of what had driven me to watch that series, and that is peer pressure!

Well, I'm guessing you're somehow curious. It's a mainstream anime so everyone seems to be watching and talking about it. Anyway, if you approve of the genre, why not give it a try and see if you will like it? It seems to have suited my taste, although I cannot conclude yet how good it is since the series is still ongoing.. it's a still a bit early to be critical, I guess.

Hmm.. for the mean time, I would say nothing aside from Shingeki no Kyojin interests me at the moment, but I'm on the verge of looking for something worth watching. .ehem.
.lol. you're right Adii-kun.uhuh. well... like i see Shingeki no Kyoujin is pretty popular but it's still ongoing so i'll start to watch that anime when it will finish! .dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:16 am

ashkie_mami

ashkie_mami

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/ashkieMai_Chan
Yumeiro Patissiere

Anime to watch - Page 2 RV9kkiW
                                                    ♫ "Life is a waste when you're all alone 
                                     My smiles and tears shine brighter because I have you" ♫ 
                                                                -Everybody Say Yeah!
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.