TOMOMI'S GEAR [Page 2 of 6]

Re: TOMOMI'S GEAR
Posted Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:12 pm

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://last.fm/user/chezm0th
Okay thanks, i will keep in touch to her twitter then.

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:02 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
does anyone know where is yuusuke-kun right now?, it took unusual longger time to do an custom job

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:47 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Tim_E.D wrote:does anyone know where is yuusuke-kun right now?, it took unusual longger time to do an custom job
I'm wondering the same, exact thing... I miss the sound of that bass, but it won't be the same again. I love the active pickups and now it's passive. It was good of her to at least keep ONE bass active, now if I'm correct, she pretty much has none that she regularly uses that's got those active pickups.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@ichiruki!: don't worry because the black active p-bass sound is almost the same with the red one (it has the same USA Preamp) only the difference is the pickup design, the black active p-bass have more growl sound than yuusuke-kun

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:45 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^Oh yes, I forgot about the black P-bass. No wonder why they sounded so alike... but the P-bass was slightly different lol. Thanks for that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
TOMO just recently used Yuusuke-kun at Band Yarou Yo!! vol. 4 on July 20th.

TOMOMI'S GEAR - Page 2 1o6Q8e9
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9248-band-yarou-yo-vol4

And now that we have more clear pictures of it, I still believe that her Deluxe Active Precision Bass is navy, not black.
TOMOMI'S GEAR - Page 2 DxmIinU
Here's why:

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOMOMI'S GEAR - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:19 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
WOW you open my eyes (O_O) @thoseguiltyeyes, now its the time to search what new passive pickup that yuusuke kun used

btw thanks you so much for those information

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:36 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Alright, editing the p-bass' section to say it is navy blue. It'll stay like that until further notice (if any).

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:36 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@lexian: change the pickup arrangement of yuusuke kun into passive with 3 knobs (for the pickup, its still unknown)

and its Fender Deluxe Series, not Fender American Deluxe Series

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:46 pm

Bassman Alex

Bassman Alex

Caless Student
Caless Student
Nice thread, very in-depth!

She has such an amazing tone!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:54 pm

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
well i have a question about her squier jazz bass, is it only standard jazz bass? or something else like affinity, vintage modified, classic vibe etc.? 
since the squier basses' price are cheap, maybe i will buy a new bass (squier) that Tomomi have..

''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:52 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
chezu wrote:well i have a question about her squier jazz bass, is it only standard jazz bass? or something else like affinity, vintage modified, classic vibe etc.? 
since the squier basses' price are cheap, maybe i will buy a new bass (squier) that Tomomi have..
Timo's Squier Jazz Bass is customised for her and they don't sell one with the exact specs she has.

All is not lost. The nearest Squier Jazz Bass that looks like hers that is available in the market is the Affinity series. You need to get it painted if you want it to look exactly like Timo's.

Not a bad bass guitar to buy if you are a beginner. The Affinity's also the cheapest Jazz Bass made by Squier, so good luck with your purchase!

TOMOMI'S GEAR - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:49 pm

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
maharizm wrote:
chezu wrote:well i have a question about her squier jazz bass, is it only standard jazz bass? or something else like affinity, vintage modified, classic vibe etc.? 
Timo's Squier Jazz Bass is customised for her and they don't sell one with the exact specs she has.

All is not lost. The nearest Squier Jazz Bass that looks like hers that is available in the market is the Affinity series. You need to get it painted if you want it to look exactly like Timo's.

Not a bad bass guitar to buy if you are a beginner. The Affinity's also the cheapest Jazz Bass made by Squier, so good luck with your purchase!

i see.. and i prefer vintage modified then, and make it look like Timo's..
affinity is not bad bass but the sound isn't satisfy me..
thanks Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:00 am

Bassman Alex

Bassman Alex

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just wanted to ask, does anyone know if Tomomi uses flatwounds or roundwounds? I'm inclined to go with roundwounds because of her tone, but maybe someone here knows for sure?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:53 am

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Bassman Alex wrote:Just wanted to ask, does anyone know if Tomomi uses flatwounds or roundwounds? I'm inclined to go with roundwounds because of her tone, but maybe someone here knows for sure?
I think she use the D'addario 100 - 45 Roundwound 4 String

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:53 pm

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@maharizm

I've been eyeing that bass for such a long time now! Before I even knew about Scandal. It's definitely the one I want.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Bassman Alex

Bassman Alex

Caless Student
Caless Student
Tim_E.D wrote:
Bassman Alex wrote:Just wanted to ask, does anyone know if Tomomi uses flatwounds or roundwounds? I'm inclined to go with roundwounds because of her tone, but maybe someone here knows for sure?
I think she use the D'addario 100 - 45 Roundwound 4 String
Thanks, that seems about right Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:40 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Anyone knows what is the new specification of yuusuke kun?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
TOMO debuted her new bass on the STANDARD tour:

TOMOMI'S GEAR - Page 2 RXXyFNd

That's the only picture of it so far, but it looks like it's a Music Man StingRay 4 Bass with a maple neck & fretboard.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

TOMOMI'S GEAR - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Some bassist said the Music Man Stingray is one of the best bass on the face of the planet (among Fender P & J basses). It has even punchier sound than her Yamaha BB. Wanna know which song she played with it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Tim_E.D

Tim_E.D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Its MusicMan Classic Stingray 4 Classic Natural

Edit: It's not; it's a Music Man - 20th Anniversary StingRay Bass

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:06 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've heard the bass live before in a demonstration in a music store... HNNGGGGG That Stingray is so amazing! When the guy started to slap and pop, it was like Flea all over again. Only flaw I can find with this bass is... the price. LOL it's too expensive for me~ *sigh*

I hope that Tomo starts to really pop and slap with this bass, because this is pretty much THE bass for it IMO.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:37 pm

chaii

Caless Student
Caless Student
.clap. OMG !! Finally !! .pinch. 
i've been waiting for her to try the stingray Nice one
i'm so excited to see and hear her used it during live

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:52 am

MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like the Fender jazz bass Tomo Model and the Shiroten bass c: I like/have noticed Tomo's signature racing stripe, too .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:19 am

somnean

somnean

Caless Student
Caless Student
There's something stucked in me, in that pic, the body of the bass looks like made from flame maple, one of my friend told me that he never seen anything like flame-mapled stingray, and he said it could probably a sterling, but I couldn't say anything due to that low-res pic, so how do think guys? Is it truly a stingray or a sterling? Or maybe it is a customed one?

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.