yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I have no idea if there are very many pokemon fans in SH but I wanted to make this topic so maybe people can trade, battle, etc.

I have liked Pokemon ever since the 1st gen, when my grandma in Japan bought me a green Gameboy Pocket and Red version back in 1996 or '97 or something like that...anyway, that grew into collecting the trading cards and watching the anime. I kinda grew out of the anime and the TCG around middle school, but I have stuck with the games.
so far, I have:
Japanese Red
Japanese Yellow
Japanese Gold and Silver
Sapphire
Leaf Green
Emerald
Pearl
(I didn't get Platinum or Heart Gold/ Soul Silver, or Black/ White because my DS lite broke in half around that time and I didn't get a DSi until Black 2 and White 2 came out)
Black 2
I plan on getting Pokemon X when it comes out. 

I also had the TCG game and the 1st pokemon pinball in Japanese, the 1st pokemon Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, and Trozei

Anyway, my friend code in Black 2 is:
YOSHI 1421-7256-2470

Last edited by yoshinator54 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon
Posted Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:52 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Yo, fan here!

I have played all generations an plan to buy a 3DS for Pokémon X and Y Happy
Games I've played:
Red
Silver
Ruby
Fire Red
Diamond
White
Black 2

and will buy Y Happy (all in German)

As soon as my B.A. thesis is over, I will search my friends code for Black 2 Happy

Oh, and I can highly recommend Soul Silver. I really liked it. I love remakes!

For my favourite Edition, it's really hard to choose! I loved the secret bases in Ruby/sapphire. The retro feeling of Red/blue but also the multi-player options for black and white! Happy

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:01 pm

Myo-Hwa

Myo-Hwa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Another "first-hour" Pokémon fan reports! :whistle:

I also was a great Pokémon fan since the beginning with the anime, trading cards, pogs, and the like, and I have played the games from the first generation and onwards, as well. I only became less and less interested in the new Pokémon generations, so I stopped buying the games after the remakes Heartgold and Soulsilver came out. I only have played Pokémon Black on a flashcard, since then... But I am really fond of R/S/E and HG/SS, and I still like to play them frequently these days. It really amazes me I played them so much, to the extend I sometimes can recite some phrases of Trainers, know their names or what kind of Pokémon they have, but still enjoy playing it over and over again. .happy.

The games I own (and played) include:
Red, Gold, Crystal, Ruby, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Pearl, Platinum & Heartgold.

I also owned and played two Ranger games: Shadows of Almia & Guardian Signs.

By the way, I always had to stick with English versions of the game, even when I did not understand anything in the beginning. But my latest "trend" is to play the DS games in other languages with my flashcard. The past weeks I have been busy with a French version of Heartgold, and it is really funny. ^^ I can learn pretty much from it, so maybe I'll fix a German one too! Wink Like that, I am busy with HG/SS the most nowadays, but it pales into insignificance in comparison with the times and hours I played Ruby and Emerald! In addition, I still play those games ten years after their initial release. Therefore, I think I can consider Emerald, as the "umbrella version" of that generation, as my favourite game. Happy

But oh well, oh well! *sad coda incoming* As always, I cannot joint the fun of friend codes, especially not because I do not own any of the new games. So euh... yeah, that's a pity. Sad

「どうしてもいけなければ、どうするか?」

"Fremd bin ich eingezogen,
Fremd zieh' ich wieder aus."
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:02 am

somechineseguy

somechineseguy

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I owned Pokemon... Blue, Silver, SoulSilver, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Pearl.

I always preferred Silver mainly because that was the best Christmas present I ever got and the first and only Pokemon game that I completed without cheating. (Catching all 250)

I still have some of my Pokemon cards but most of them I believe are not playable anymore.

Haven't played Pokemon in ages... whenever SS came out. (Don't remember)

Pokemon NAcXfXa
Credits go to Scandalsuki 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:23 am

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
I have been a pokemon fan ever since my cousin introduced me to pokemon TCG lol. Though I don't play much (or buy cards), but I do play once in a blue moon when my cousin comes over for a visit or sleepover. We used to go on sleepless nights either playing TCG or having pkmn matches on our handhelds. XD

Well for video games, I started out with playing Pokemon Ruby. Happy Ever since then I fell in love with pokemon video games, haha. 

I also own Saphire, Emerald Leaf Green, Fire Red, Diamond, Platinum, Heartgold, and Black 2. 

I will be getting Pokemon Y most definitely when it comes out (The reason I got the 3DS in the first place,haha). Though I'm not much into competitive battling, would be nice to have a match with you guys. Tongue

Also a big fan of the Mystery Dungeon spin offs, though I did not get the recently released one (Gates to Infinity). I started with Red Rescue Team, and played Explorers of Darkness, and Explorers of Sky.

My most favorite game would be Ruby/Saphire/Emerald, erm the HOENN region in general xD. Especially the Gym leaders and Elite Four BGMs. Whenever I go and take part in PWT in Black 2, I often sign up for the HOENN Gym leaders match just for the feels :3 

Pokemon Pixela10Pokemon Pixela15
 " Love feels good than smoking weed  " - Adii '14
" Love is spicy. It's delicious but makes you choke "  - Adii '14
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Oooo. Someone made a pokemon thread!
I've played:
-red, yellow
-gold, silver, crystal
-ruby<3, a little bit of emerald
-leafgreen
-little bit of diamond
-only the beginning part of black.

I have mixed feelings about X & Y. It's nice to see that it's moving more to the 3D view and the legendaries look pretty nice (I like the mascot for Y better ^.^). Besides that, the new pokemon designs, "features", the new Fairy type, and other stuff is just "meh" to me.
I just want another pokemon rpg for the home console. T_T
But I understand how it is more centralized for the hand held systems.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:34 am

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
If I remember somethig from my chillhood is my game boy color and my pokemon yellow. TOJ Onion

I've played all the games (I think .whistle.) But my favorite is Yellow, allways.

I used to watch the anime too, but now... I don't like it, first season was so nice and now... (What happened to you, pokemon .waaa.)

Pokemon 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:51 am

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Haha, I've been playing Pokemon my whole life too!

I take EV training seriously, when I do play that is. But that's usually after I beat the game :p

My list includes: Red/Blue/Yellow/Silver/Ruby/Diamond/Black/2

I will always make time to play the new Pokemon when they come out!

Pokemon Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
I'm a huge Pokemon fan:ho:

My first game was Ruby.
I've played
-Ruby
-Emerald
-Firered
-Pearl
-Platinum
-Black
-White 2
-And I plan on playing X

I've never played the original Red/Blue/Gold/Silver. I even missed out on the Gold/Silver remakes lol
But I plan on playing HeartGold before X and Y comes out Happy 

I also EV train and all that. 
My favorite region is definitely the Hoenn region. The pokemon, the characters, and the music Onion Love

Pokemon NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:54 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
Pokemon Pokemo10
I preordered X version...funny thing is, I don't even have a 3DS yet, but I plan on getting one soon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:38 am

Uselessx3

Uselessx3

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i love pokemon, however im not a huge competitive player.
i have own/played every version on the series to date.
i play on getting pokemon y, on release date. .clap.

Pokemon Tumblr_mltizuGgON1r482jao4_400
Pokemon 955107Hi Hi Hi Pokemon 955107
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:16 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
Pokemon Tumblr_mhbp4dEL761rc2534o1_1280

I just thought this was pretty cool

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:21 am

Lexian

Lexian

@yoshinator54
I'm surprised that Deoxys isnt included in there. No love for some DNA ;-(

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:49 am

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
@Lexian - wow, I'm surprised you caught that. I didn't even notice lol. yeah Deoxys important too. I'm guessing it would be someplace around mew.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:19 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I actually don't think Deoxys fits there lol
He doesn't really bring anything to the table (like, he's not a creator of anything or a guardian of something). It's just a pokemon that was born in space.

On that note, I'm curious to see as how Xerneas and Yveltal fit in there.
Maybe they would be below Mew. Since they represent life and destruction.

Pokemon NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 am

Lexian

Lexian

Ono Sasazaki wrote:I actually don't think Deoxys fits there lol
He doesn't really bring anything to the table (like, he's not a creator of anything or a guardian of something). It's just a pokemon that was born in space.

Hmmm, I don't think you know the story of how Deoxys was created correctly. It wasn't born in space but instead was a spacial virus that mutated into a pokemon when he (crash)landed onto Earth. So in a way, he can represent the notions of genetics, mutation, and, to an extent, the extraterrestrial(aliens). That's just my theory.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lexian wrote:
Ono Sasazaki wrote:I actually don't think Deoxys fits there lol

Hmmm, I don't think you know the story of how Deoxys was created correctly. It wasn't born in space but instead was a spacial virus that mutated into a pokemon when he (crash)landed onto Earth. So in a way, he can represent the notions of genetics, mutation, and, to an extent, the extraterrestrial(aliens). That's just my theory.

Oh right right right!
I forgot about that. I'm remembering that from the movie now LOL
I like that theory.

Concerning genetics and mutation, maybe Mewtwo and Genesect fit into that category too?

Pokemon NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:54 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
Japanese comic Coro Coro released some new Pokemon info!
There is some info on new pokemon and mega-evolutions:
Pokemon Corocoro8132
MegaMawile is steel/ fairy and has the ability Huge Power
MegaBlaziken has the ability Speed Boost
MegaLucario has the ability Adaptibility
MegaAbsol has the ability Insomnia
Mega Ampharos is electric/ dragon and has the ability Mold Breaker
They evolve through mega evolution which involves using a mega stone. 
Pokemon Corocoro8135
Koruni, a gym leader holds the key to understanding mega evolutions

Also, 3 new pokemon:
Pokemon Corocoro8131
Meekuru is a grass type and is the pre-evo of Gogoat
Horubii is a normal type rabbit/ digging pokemon with the ability pick up/ cheek pouch
Dedenne is an electric type antenna pokemon and has the same pick up/ cheek pouch ability

Pokemon Corocoro8136
The first event for Pokemon X&Y will be on October 12th to January 15th. They will be distributing a Torchic with the item called "Knight Blaziken" which allows it to become a MegaBlaziken along with the mega stone. 

source: http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:34 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't know how to feel about these mega evolutions, honestly 8c

I mean, I like the idea, but the designs just don't look that... great.
Like, it doesn't "fit" imo
It looks like they just took the pokemon and added extra fur or more patterns or something.
Doesn't look like a typical pokemon evolution.

But hey, maybe they're not "true" evolutions. Maybe they're just like power ups for fully evolved pokemon?

And the three new pokemon are cute! I guess that Dedenne is this generation's electric mouse!haha

Pokemon NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:21 am

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
Hmm, well when they announced it I was in total shock! I was like "waaaa??".wtf. 
But after reading more info on Serebii.net, it mentioned that the Mega Evolutions will happen when a pokemon hold a specific item and uses the Mega Stones but during a battle and it is temporary. Also not every pokemon will have this evolution. I wonder how many pokemon will get it, I'm betting that a majority of pokemon without evolutions will have a high chance of getting a Mega Evolution. Thinking 
"Following yesterdays reveal of the new Pokémon, and the Mega Evolutions, some clear images have surfaced which showcase some of these Pokémon in battle. It also provides a few further bits of information. First, Pokémon can only Mega Evolve when they are holding a Mega Stone. Mega Stones are a type of item like Evolutionary Stones and include specific items such as the Blazikenite that the event Torchic holds. The Blazikenite is not found within normal gameplay. It also confirms that Mega Evolutions are temporary, being only in battle. It confirms that not all Pokémon will have Mega Evolutions." -Serebii.net

So the Mega Evolution is like LV.X introduced in Pokemon TCG. Which was very cool addition to the trading card metagame. I wonder how will this turn out, and effect the competitive battling scene? I am pretty excited now. hehe. I must grab a copy of the game quickly and get that special Torchic! Blaziken being one of my favorite starters .love. I hope the DLC event will be worldwide, and not just a particular region. We don't get most of the event DLC here.. xD 

Pokemon Pixela10Pokemon Pixela15
 " Love feels good than smoking weed  " - Adii '14
" Love is spicy. It's delicious but makes you choke "  - Adii '14
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:05 pm

SCANlover

SCANlover

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://lunamikk69.tumblr.com/
I like a lot Pokemon Ruby, Fire Red and Heart Gold.
I voted for Fire Red, because in this game Leaf is playable girl character XDD

-10/01/2010- (avatar&banner by me) -HARUTOMO-
Pokemon 1HIBZjB
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:51 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh my my, a topic for Pokemon fans!!! So cool!
For my part, I play Pokémon since the beginning when it came out in France (1999 if I am not mistaken) and I am still a huge fan even if I had a break in high school. It is quite fun because you know there is still some people (a lot ^^") who think that Pokémon is for children whereas it is definitely not, it appeals both publics, youngs and grow ups! (It is a very great RPG classic games!) At my work today, I had this kind of experience of meeting someone who thinks that, here is the scene; my colleague wanted to use my phone to enter her number and when she saw my screen background with a Pikachu (a beautiful artwork!) she said not without little despise: "Eh Pikachu?!". She didn't mean it badly but I did understand that our favorite talk won't be about video games or anything related to the genre ^^"" Anyway, I am digressing, it was just an example!
Back to the topic,  I played all the game until now (my favorite is Silver even if it is difficult to choose) and I am looking forward the next one (X/Y), especially that the map of this one is based on a very beautiful and sublime country named France (Hey?? I, chauvinistic? Noooo!.whistle. ). By the way, it is very a good initiative to have set up an international release of the game so that we won't have to wait the translation!
What I deplore is the too promotional aspect of it, I didn't want to know who was the 1st arena champions of the game for example, it spoiled the surprise and the discovering IMO as well as unravelling too much Pokémons of the new generation. So I am hoping that they won't reveal too much of it before october twelve especially when I just came to know that tomorrow there is gonna be a Nintendo Direct for Pokémon X and Y ^^"
Because if it is case I will not follow anymore the news (which is sad because i am following also Pokémons card news etc, not just the universe game) ^_^"

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:13 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
I've decided I will be getting a Nintendo 2DS when Pokemon X and Y come out, because I'm a broke college kid and can't afford the 3DS or the XL lol. 

From what I've been reading and watching, people say that it's actually pretty comfortable to hold despite it's looks. I'm also not too worried about the screen getting scratched because I'm usually careful with everything that I have. Plus my Gameboys and ipod touches and stuff's screens haven't been scratched at all. Also, a lot of my friends say they don't used the 3D at all anymore on their 3DS, so I think the 2DS is the best way to go for me. 

What do you guys think of all the X and Y news that they've been putting out?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
I'm really looking forward to X and Y. It seems that my friends and me  will be a group of 4-7 people that will buy and start together :D

To my mind, most of the new Pokémon that have already been shown look quite okay. I also like the fact that you will be able to change your clothes (<- there I'm a typical girl, I like such stuff)
 What I'm very skeptical about is this Mega evolution. Not sure what to think about it yet.

But the circle seems to close at X and Y since the story is around Mewtwo again, huh?

At yoshinator: If i wouldn't just have bought a 3DSxl I would buy a 2DS. It's cheaper, I actually don't care about the flat design (like you I never had a scratch on my screens) and I almost NEVER use the 3D option.

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm with hasenfu. I RARELY use the 3D effect when I play. Honestly, it was the last thing I cared about when I bought the 3DS lol

Well, we're like 20 or so days away from XY and I'm so excited .clap. 
I grew to like the mega evolutions. Since they're just a sort of power up that can only happen in battles. The designs make more sense now.

The evolutions to the starters were also cool. Chespin's looks very dorky though lol But it's cute. And I'm really hoping the final evos get the typing of fire/psychic, grass/dark, and water/fighting .wow.

I guess it would be a good idea for those of us who are gonna play XY to share 3DS friend codes when we get it, no? Apparently XY is gonna be very open when it comes to playing/trading/battling with other ppl because of the PSS or whatever you call it

Pokemon NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.