Re: 16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」
Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
 .wew.
such a pity since all the promotion and all the times scandal was on the tv/festivals in the last weeks. physical sales in japan are really doing bad for most of the artist... but it's a number 3 anyway!Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:13 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

It's daily compared to week. Let's wait a week. What was the first day number for Awanai?

Also Awanai is their best selling single so it's not a disaster if they don't beat Awanai. Prett ysure with such a score they will beat many of their other singles so it's already ok.

Also... Received my CDs this morning LOVE The 3 Kagen editions and 9 others SCANDAL CDs!

Unpacking them was awesome but took some time hehe Hohoho Onion Thumbs Onion 

But the best thing was.... HARUNA sticker in the regular edition YEAHHH!! .nosebleed. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:25 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow, almost 14,000 in a day.  I think it's funny how it's already beaten the number of total sales PHS got in all the months it was out.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:38 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah exactly! Wasn't sure when I made my other post but checked after that and Pin Heel Surfer sold only 13.500 copies : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Pin_Heel_Surfer

So they already beat that in only one day, so whatever happens now it's not bad lol

Also if we compared it to an older song from 2 years ago it's awesome too. Love Survive sold 17.250 copies : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Love_Survive

So 13.800 in one day for Kagen is VERY good. The first week is the most important so in a few days we well see.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:41 pm

iamhardcore9

iamhardcore9

International Performer
International Performer
wow! almost 14,000 copies are already sold??? Thumbs up just in 1 DAY!!! i hope they stay in a week for top 5 in oricon

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:03 pm

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

post a pic of what you received here .clap.  https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t167-scandal-stuff-show-off

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 13 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:00 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Nah it's just CDs, nothing that hasn't been posted before, it's not something special like a shirt from the store so no point =P

I just watched the documentary on the DVD, it's... awesome. So I don't understand japanese but it was still awesome! Seeing them in such a private atmosphere, practice, share their thoughts, etc it's really great. Hope we can get subs for it soon so i can rewatch it and understand what they have to share with us .love. So many kawaii moments .nosebleed. 

The other DVD was nice too but obviously not that great if you are not a musician (that understand japanese). Still great to see them play some parts and have a close up on it! The TIMO part was weird though, she was a bit... lost? Well still cute and all but was fun/weird IMHO lol , but the cuteness at the end was great .smile. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:07 am

tctham

tctham

Caless Student
Caless Student
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:It's daily compared to week. Let's wait a week. What was the first day number for Awanai?

Also Awanai is their best selling single so it's not a disaster if they don't beat Awanai. Prett ysure with such a score they will beat many of their other singles so it's already ok.

Also... Received my CDs this morning LOVE The 3 Kagen editions and 9 others SCANDAL CDs!

Unpacking them was awesome but took some time hehe Hohoho Onion Thumbs Onion 

But the best thing was.... HARUNA sticker in the regular edition YEAHHH!! .nosebleed. 
.whiteflag.  I'm depressed.. I only purchased the Ltd A. Didn't know regular edition had stickers like that in it. Did you all know about the sticker before hand? 

Btw, Awanai is rank 4 on the releasing week..
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Nah it's just CDs, nothing that hasn't been posted before, it's not something special like a shirt from the store so no point =P

I just watched the documentary on the DVD, it's... awesome. So I don't understand japanese but it was still awesome! Seeing them in such a private atmosphere, practice, share their thoughts, etc it's really great. Hope we can get subs for it soon so i can rewatch it and understand what they have to share with us .love. So many kawaii moments .nosebleed. 

The other DVD was nice too but obviously not that great if you are not a musician (that understand japanese). Still great to see them play some parts and have a close up on it! The TIMO part was weird though, she was a bit... lost? Well still cute and all but was fun/weird IMHO lol , but the cuteness at the end was great .smile. 
I only have the music tutorial. But it was kind of funny, since Haruna's part is so simple that she actually finished teaching after 4 minutes. So she started talking about other stuff like pedal effects. Haha. Tomomi also finish teaching quite fast.. so she talked about how she sing. She mentioned that the bass playing parts is a bit different from the singing part, so need to practice more. Then she demo-ed a bit of Love Survive and say that Love Survive also have the similar thing, and so need to practice more in order to sing and play at the same time.

Actually I don't really understand japanese. So only can catch a bit a bit of what they're saying.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:30 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo. Enjoy your cds... And especially Kagen no Tsuki! .happy.

LOL at them teaching fast Tongue Aaahhh at times like this, I really want to be able to understand Japanese... Can't wait to get some sort of translation for the documentary too!

Well, to be fair, LOVE SURVIVE and Pinheel Surfer were those type of singles that were released a couple of weeks/a month before a full length album so it's kinda logical to wait a bit for the album which actually does contain that single within it...

As for daily sales for Awanai, it wasn't shown at all since the daily sales are only shown for the top 3 and Awanai ranked 4th.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:26 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the information!

You are right about LS and PHS, I just had some fun and checked the sales on Generasia and it's also true for other singles. Here is a list (same color are the single and album linked):

Singles
[2008.03.03] Space Ranger (indie) : 401
[2008.04.04] Koi Moyou (indie) : 686
[2008.05.05] Kagerou (indie) : 586
[2008.10.22] DOLL : 12,572
[2009.03.04] SAKURA Goodbye : 6,995
[2009.06.17] Shoujo S : 33,881
[2009.10.14] Yumemiru Tsubasa : 7,450
[2010.02.03] Shunkan Sentimental : 32,624
[2010.06.02] Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY : 16,027
[2010.07.28] Namida no Regret : 12,176
[2010.10.06] SCANDAL Nanka Buttobase : 35,772
[2011.02.09] Pride : 25,531
[2011.04.20] Haruka : 32,238
[2011.07.27] LOVE SURVIVE : 17,250
[2012.02.22] HARUKAZE : 33,095
[2012.07.11] Taiyou Scandalous : 39,033
[2012.09.12] Pin Heel Surfer : 13,585
[2013.05.22] Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne : 40,361
[2013.08.14] Kagen no Tsuki : 13.800 ON FIRST DAY
[2013.09.18] TBA

Studio Albums - Best Albums - Mini-Albums
[2008.08.08] YAH! YAH! YAH! HELLO SCANDAL ~Maido! SCANDAL Desu! Yah Yah Yah!~ (indie) : 1,736
[2009.10.21] BEST SCANDAL : 52,956
[2010.08.11] TEMPTATION BOX : 60,301
[2010.11.17] R-GIRL's ROCK! (cover mini-album) : 19,908
[2011.08.10] BABY ACTION : 55,664
[2012.03.07] SCANDAL SHOW : 64,140
[2012.09.26] Queens are trumps : 50,476
[2013.02.06] ENCORE SHOW : 37,533
[2013.10.02] STANDARD : ?

So yeah each single released before the album didn't sell well. There is only one exception, HARUKAZE before the SCANDAL SHOW album but it was also the opening single from BLEACH so that's probably why it sold well.

It's also an explanation for PHS which seem to have a special place for a lot of fans, they either love it or hate it ^_^ But at least the sales don't mean it was a bad song as it was clearly related to the album release like some previous songs.

Well I guess it also means that their unannounced single for mi-september is not gonna sell well :/ Unless it will be anime/movie song... (I hope they can get an anime opening/ending soon, the 3 songs they did for that are awesome!).

So let's hope Kagen can maybe break the record of Awanai because it seems the next one will not do that great.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:14 pm

yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
My 2 cents on Kagen no Tsuki, if anyone is interested.

Personally i was a teensy weensy bit disappointed after Awanai because Awanai was a melancholic rock tune,one of my favourites,and Kagen is a bit more poppish.The B-sides as well,i'd take 24 Jikan anyday over Kimi to Mirai. I guess i was hoping for a big rock number,since i've been listening to a lot of Foo Fighters lately.I know they normally do a pop-rock number for the summer and then the rock vibe starts seeping in come autumn and winter.

Still,it's not all doom and gloom.I like how they switch lead vocals,and the intro has its merits.

We'll see what the next album is all about,eh? :>

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:57 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
yuujin_21 wrote:
Personally i was a teensy weensy bit disappointed after Awanai 
 I think all of us were spoiled by the Awanai single. I bought the single knowing only that Awanai was a pretty decent song and no knowledge at all of 24 jikan. Then I popped that CD in and I got blown away so hard by 24 jikan. I think it ranks as their top 3 single

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 13 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:10 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
talking about the sales, you shoud not get all that excited for a 13'000 on first day on those days .sweat.
if you often check the oricon charts (also for other artist) you can see that on the first weeks, sales means everything and I don't see scandal even getting near awanai sales with this one. even if it ranked (for now) on 3rd and 4th position, I don't see it getting more than 10'000 copies in a long chart life.
if we take the last 3 singles (not couting the pre-album ones)
awanai
1st week: 32'533 2nd week: +3'523 3rd week: +1'434

taiyou
1st week: 31'583 2nd week: +4'171 3rd week: +1'584

haruka
1st week: 21'974 2nd week: +4'280 3rd week: +2'686

as you can see, scandal usual have a 5000/6000 copies bonus with the 2nd and 3rd weeks, so, if we say that kagen no tsuki will have a (optimistic) 1st week of 24'000 coopies > 30'000.
I'm not very optimistic that it will oversell awanai. kagen no tsuki in my opinion is a weak a-side compared to the bside, awanai had something more, even if it was less promotion (if I remember correctly)
everything is in scandal fans and japanese occasional listener that will fell in love with the cd .please.

but I've got a question: does scandal songs rank on digital charts as chaku-uta/recochoku? .hmmm. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:44 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I don't understand why you are pessimist about that? =S

The first week is the most important by far but right now we know Kagen sold for almost 14.000 on the first day. So with 6 days remaining why would they not be able to reach the 30.000 like Awanai? I'm not saying they will reach 30.000 but why not? Also even if they don't it will still be ok, Awanai is their best selling single, you cannot expect a record every time.

Unless I miss information about the daily sells?

Do we have the sale number for each DAY for Awanai? Or how many CD Kagen sold on day 2?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
About the sales, all we can hope for is that they notice how much better Awanai sold so they can release more singles like that Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:52 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm not being pessimist, I'm just saying my previsions (?) ahah
even if awanai is their best sellings single it doesn't mean we can still take it for a comparison, I mean, it will not stay their best forever! for me kagen no tsuki will not reach great number, for someone it will as people enjoy the songs or not. it's just a matter of personal ideas :/
and no, we don't have sellings numbers if the cd doesn't rank in the first 3 position (and awanai never reached more than #4 if I'm right. kagen second day is at #4)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:04 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well let's wait until we get the week sale number, then we will know .uhuh. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My single came at last; 3 days, not bad for Airmail and 7000 miles

I got Limited A, no sticker this time.....

I got Regular edition for Awanai and ended up with a Mami sticker. Maybe I should stick to getting regular editions next time =S

I got the single mainly for the A-side, but the B-side is listenable. It'd be a waste of money if I don't leave it in my ipod

16th Single - 「Kagen no Tsuki」 - Page 13 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:22 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Hi guys. I'm sorry if this is shameless plugging, but since the one that started the thread for subtitles for SCANDAL's PVs got banned, I thought things over and decided that I'm going to continue what's been started.

So for those who are interested, I've made subtitles for Kagen no tsuki and Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki, as well as their other lives (KTV in RIJ and 24 Jikan Plus in GF2013). Just look around the page. I don't know how to direct it to the posts themselves... .sweat. 

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8301p40-subtitles-for-scandal-s-music-video#587421

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
5th on Oricon weekly with 28,344 (only Awanai (32,533) and Taiyou Scandalous (31,583) sold more on their release week)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:09 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Ah nice thx! Was waiting for the result!!

I think it's very good, they didn't break a record but it sold good which is very important. It will break the 30k in the next weeks, maybe even the 35k hopefully.

The next single in September will surely sell a lot less because of the new album in October so it was important that Kagen did good Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:48 am

fernandozico

fernandozico

Caless Student
Caless Student
http:// shenaigan.web.id
SPAM

.happy.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marked as SPAM)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

New sale numbers on generasia, 31,922 : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Kagen_no_Tsuki

So it's not gonna beat Awanai and Taiyou but it seems it will be their third best selling single.

Almost sure it will beat Harukaze, Shoujo S, Shunkan and Haruka that all sold around 32k-33k. It's already close to 32k and usually a single sells for several weeks (example Shoujo S : http://www.generasia.com/wiki/Shoujo_S ) so even if it's difficult to say exactly how much more it will sell it's safe to assume it will be their third best single (and it may break the 35k mark).

So I think it's great!

I posted a quick overview of the numbers in this post : https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8944p300-16th-single-kagen-no-tsuki#587149

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:48 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It's deserved. I kind of didn't like the song when I first heard it, but if this is the direction SCANDAL is heading to, we can expect much more great music from them. I keep saying I hope for more rock songs, but even if Kagen no Tsuki isn't their fastest, hardest rock track, it sure digged a spot in my personal top5 SCANDAL songs.

I aways though, and still think, that Haruna is the best vocalist among them, and she should sing most of the lyrics during any given song, but mixing vocals here and there proved to make an awesome harmony. But then again, there's Shunkan Sentimental where the leader sings it all, and I don't even know what to think anymore... Ninja 

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:32 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I did end up buying both LE's for the DVD's, although I still wouldn't put the song in my top 5. I don't think there's a DVD of theirs that I don't own, though, and I'm not ready to break that tradition quite yet Happy

Rank57 wrote:I aways though, and still think, that Haruna is the best vocalist among them, and she should sing most of the lyrics during any given song, but mixing vocals here and there proved to make an awesome harmony.  
Yeah, this is one song where I feel like it wouldn't really sound right if Haruna sang the whole thing herself. It seems like a song that's made for switching off, and for harmonies. I'm sure it was written that way on purpose.

But I do agree she's by far the best vocalist (it is her job title after all) and most of the time I'd rather she sing everything.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.