Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:43 am

synxronous

synxronous

Caless Student
Caless Student
I like QaT so much, but I think STANDARD showed if the girls were in the next level now. The album is deceptive, creative, and...addictive. They really did a great job. My top three are metronome, weather report, and STANDARD.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:12 am

jpopishot

jpopishot

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh man, I'm in heaven because of this album .dies. 

Jpop kicks American music's ass .bleh. but SCANDAL rules them all
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:59 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I'm officially trapped. I just cannot stop listening. I just realized how much more English there is on this album than on past ones. I wonder if they're trying to appeal to more of fan base outside Japan. They've never been one of those Japanese bands that just inserts random English words all over the place to try to sound cool. (I know they've used some English before, but there's just more on this album.)

I know it's supposed to be a melancholy lyric, but I think it sounds really cute when Haruna sings "everybody's crying tonight, whoa, whoa whoa whoa!" at the end of the second to last song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:04 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Yeah, this album is really addictive. When I'm not listening to it, I'm thinking about listening to it haha
I find that Orange Juice is the catchiest song. It pops up in my head the most OuO
Something about the sound of it and the way Haru and Tomo sing Onion Love

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:01 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
STANDARD album lyrics (I've completed translations for all of the new songs too):

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t9493-standard-album-lyrics

I personally really like the lyrics for "Hachigatsu," "Weather report," and "Uchiagehanabi."

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 am

meloya

meloya

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://meloindex.com
this waiting game is killing me. my copy is still flying in a box somewhere. .nervous.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:24 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
#2 on iTunes Japan Top Albums daily chart
#1 on iTunes Japan Top Rock Albums daily chart
#2 on Oricon daily album chart with 21,979 copies sold

"Flying get"* sales:
* BEST*SCANDAL: 8,163
* TEMPTATION BOX: 13,398
* BABY ACTION: 17,652
* SCANDAL SHOW: 15,978
* Queens are trumps: 16,858
* ENCORE SHOW: 14,171
* STANDARD: 21,979

(#1 is Perfume with 87,640 copies, #3 is Superfly with 12,257 (+8,178 on Monday for a  total 20,435 copies this week)

Flying get (フライングゲット) is the Japanese Internet slang word for buying a video game, a music CD, etc. a day (or more than a day) earlier than its official release date specified by manufacturer.

Last edited by sillentdx on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:00 pm; edited 3 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:38 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
"Flying get" means first day of sales? Does that mean that their album is currently selling much better than their old ones?!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:09 pm

ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My copy didn't arrive yet, but I already listened to it, I just couldn't control myself .sweat. 
And I don't really know what to say, I was kinda blown away by how good every song sounds! Haru sounds better than ever before imo, and also their playing improved yet again. No favorites set yet, but I have namida yo hikare stuck in my head already. I think this could become my favorite album, they certainly set a new standard for themselves with this Nice one
I'm kinda worried if I'll really get the poster though, since it's not listed in my order, but I should get it, since I preordered early and cdjapan is usually reliable orz

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:17 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Everyone who had intended or intending to buy from iTunes, from experience as I've just bought and downloaded STANDARD the album from iTunes Australia, I'm assuming its available to others around the globe now. So go ahead and show your support by buying a virtual copy.   Nice one

Last edited by bleachnlife on Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 pm

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
im probably one of those few people who is crazy enough to wait for their copies to arrive before listening to leaks. Onion Cry

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was reading the Lyrics translation while listening to the song so I could feel it more.... And when I started reading and playing Weather Report.... I cried

Thanks for the translation

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:54 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitoKid wrote:im probably one of those few people who is crazy enough to wait for their copies to arrive before listening to leaks. Onion Cry
I feel you my friend.. .waaa. 

I am jealous of those who already listened to this album. Its just that, I want to experience the feel of listening to the CD i bought.

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:22 pm

lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
Must wait for my order to come.... I SHALL NOT BEND TO THE TEMPTATION!! BUt I can't wait >_< 

Anyone got a signed sticker in their overseas order? Or is it only for the Japanese stores?

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 Second_zps9a1d7466
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:34 pm

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i just cant stop watching the video of scandal in the house .shy.  they are so cute out there and i wonder how does haruna's solo part look..i mean, with the crappy video she is pretty and i think much more to the dvd copy included in their standard album..hihi congratz to those who already got their copy =)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
kaitoKid wrote:im probably one of those few people who is crazy enough to wait for their copies to arrive before listening to leaks. Onion Cry
Just like you, i'm waiting my copy .whiteflag.

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:35 pm

Rararata

Rararata

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
babaloued wrote:
Count me in!!! .balloon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:44 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Woohoo, Scandal is officially in the house!

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 20131010

I'm kinda impressed at how fast it got here - it was still release date in Japan when it actually arrived.

There is a difference in the sound quality of the CD vs. the leaked tracks, as I thought (and hoped) there would be. The leaked tracks, even though they were encoded at a high bit rate, we don't know from what they were encoded. It could be a third generation analog cassette tape for all we know. The CD sounds a lot better.

I haven't fully listened to it yet to know if there are any other differences - sometimes there are between leaked tracks and an official release.  But I'm just happy to have the CD in my hand now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:05 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Rararata wrote:
babaloued wrote:
Count me in!!! .balloon.
We're the master race

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer

^wow thats fast .wtf. 

idk when's mine. prolly at the end of this week. hope so

so, im listening to the album again to get a better opinion 'cos at first i was really into those previews songs that i like and i didnt pay much to the other songs hahaha
so, just like u guys have pointed out, this is like a progression album although QaT has already proven it but w/e lol 
one thing that caught me is the composition from the girls esp. August. they've gotten really better in these past years. August is like it's been composed by an experienced composer. Mami really2x did well .toj.   they should really do compose more songs. they have the talent to do it.
i feel like repeating my comment from pages ago xD

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:00 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
My CD will arrive to end of month Onion Cry 

5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:41 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Two listens in and I think this is their best album yet. The sequence from "Weather Report" to "Standard" is basically flawless, and I'm already starting to really like the other songs, especially "Over Drive" which is great. I'm so happy that the girls delivered the goods, it's like a warm welcome to a new fan Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Just bought it off of iTunes. .clap. 

I'm really proud of the girls, the album is amazing. I've been listening to it a lot for the last couple of days. It's such an addicting album. C:

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:38 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Got mine Happy 

This album is amazing. The deep thought they put into the track list definitely paid off. The transitions were so good and the mood that carried was perfect, at least for me. 
My favourites (excluding Awanai and Kagen that have already been heard) would have to be Orange Juice and Metronome. Their fully self-composed song, STANDARD, is really growing on me, too. I can't wait to see them perform it live; it would be so much fun to watch! The long notes and just about everything towards the end of the song is sooo good.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:24 am

gunnersforlife

gunnersforlife

International Performer
International Performer
http://gunners-4life.blogspot.com/
Good to see SCANDAL's CD Sales has gone higher and higher... Nice one 
I haven't listened all of the song, but so far I think Metronome is a catchy song and I like it!

thanks kaito for the userbar 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 21 464571

16.09.2011 SCANDAL Asia Tour 2011 「Baby Action」
16.03.2013 - SCANDAL LIVE IN SINGAPORE 2013 
28.06.2014 - 29.06.14 - SCANDAL ARENA LIVE 2014 「FESTIVAL」
08.05.2015 - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015 「HELLO WORLD」 - Singapore

Join IDSH FB Group (PM me so I can accept you!) : https://www.facebook.com/groups/141565765907454/
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.