Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

"SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE" was produced by Daimaou Kosaka, not Yasutaka (he was producer for "OVER DRIVE" only).

And I don't think this PV will be as elaborate as the PVs for their A-side songs. A-side song PVs are seen by all kinds of people, so I'm sure they want to make them as appealing to the public as they can. It's different for this PV, since it won't be readily available for public viewing and will only be made available on STANDARD's DVD edition. Maybe you could even say it's more of a video that's geared towards the fans. I'm thinking that it might be a 'lower' budget PV like the other DVD-only PVs ("SCANDAL no Theme" on the BABY ACTION DVD edition + "Dobondobondo no Theme" on VIDEO ACTION) and therefore didn't take as much time to do as "OVER DRIVE."

But hey, we won't be able to see the PV for at least another 2-3 weeks so it could really turn out to be anything.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh I thought it was the same producer and that it was a whole project sorry.

You make a good point about it being a b-side PV only so probably low budget but still it's not free to do =P

I don't expect high quality of it anyway but I expect it to be very funny. Actually I wouldn't mind it at all being a "low-amateurish" kind of PV, more "natural". In a way like the Dobon PV yeah, funny but simple no need for a huge budget with a big stage or camera settings o special effects, etc.

I just hope they will have great/funny/badass outfits to fit the craziness of the song .clap.  3 weeks to go seems too long, I need a preview of it badly  .whiteflag.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:53 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:I don't think you just "do" a PV like that, it must cost a LOT of money (really no idea how much a PV could cost, anyone knows something?) and time and preparation. And it seems that the whole single project (A+B side with the producer) was decided at the same time so I don't really think they changed their plan and made a new PV just because the OVER DRIVE PV would take a lot of time to shot/edit.
Well, I think something like that probably is actually what happened. OVER DRIVE is the actual single, and the PV is going to be played on Japanese TV, on the sides of buildings and on the monitors in record stores. So they would want to take as much care with that as possible, and work on it until the last possible date.

SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE is a b-side, and (AFAIK?) the video is pretty much only going to be on the STANDARD DVD. I haven't seen it (has anyone?) but I'd be surprised if it's really as elaborate as the OVER DRIVE PV. (btw I see after writing this that you probably agree with this now.)

The problem they faced is that without SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE, they only even had two other things to put on the DVD, both of which are things people have already seen. They probably knew OVER DRIVE wasn't going to be ready. So what else to do? Make a quick video for the b-side!

This could have been planned in advance this way, or it could have been the result of some unforeseen circumstance. But I am sure that they were not going to rush the OVER DRIVE PV to get it on the DVD; they were going to take all the time they needed with it, and always planned at least that much of this.

I do know from experience that in *any* reasonably sized consumer release, be it an album, a video game, a new soft drink introduction or whatever, something always goes wrong. When I first saw the STANDARD DVD listing, I thought, "that's it?" It wouldn't surprise me if something didn't quite go according to plan. Past DVD's have had content that adds up to about 30 minutes or more and I don't see them getting close to that here. Two of their original albums (plus I believe both of the greatest hits albums) have had spring tour digest movies. They shot special stuff just for the last two single releases. So I think for us to just get three music videos on the STANDARD DVD, two of which were previously released, it is definitely possible that either something was late, or something that they shot ended up being unusable for some reason. It happens. Then you scramble around a bit and do the best with what you have.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 am

Makkuro

Makkuro

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://bucktickmusic.forumotion.com
There's definetly something fishy with the STANDARD DVD, isn't it?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 8FgFBpi
“It must be an illusion? Isn’t it pathetic? Tell me!”
“Is it a lie? Is it the truth? It doesn’t matter to me”
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:37 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
There's nothing "fishy" about it...

But remember that this is the thread for OVER DRIVE. If you wish to discuss the STANDARD DVD only, please take it to the STANDARD thread instead.

And it looks like they're going back to doing live broadcasts to commemorate their singles! They'll be appearing on Nico Nico Live next Thursday to commemorate the release of OVER DRIVE.

Program name: SCANDAL Live Appearance 「OVER DRIVE」 Release Commemoration Nico Nico Douga SP!!
Broadcast date: 2013/9/19 (Thu.) 19:30-22:00
※The members are scheduled to appear around 21:00.
Music videos will be streamed until the members arrive.
Let's look forward to 21:00 while watching SCANDAL's trajectory!

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv150807453

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Nico Nico broadcasts always remind me of the SCANDAL Summits but this year they haven't had any. They've just probably been too busy this year *sigh*

Glad that they're back to doing broadcasts with OVER DRIVE!

Thanks, Jade!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:44 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:49 am

Hasenfu

Hasenfu

International Performer
International Performer
Got a mail today that cdjapan shipped my order. I chose tracking service for the first time. When I now enter the tracking number it says, that the order was already shipped on September 13 and that it's already in the german customs! Is that possible or could the same number used by someone else? Can't believe it! 

(Sorry, if this is the wrong topic, please let me know and/or remove it)

You may have known three or fourthousand people in your life. But you only talk about six or seven.
- Elias Canetti
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oricon NINKI:
1. Atsuko Maeda - "Time Machine Nante Iranai" (120.40 p)
2. Yuzu - "Tomo (Tabidachi no Toki)" (61.90 p)
3. Shoujo Jidai (SNSD) - "Galaxy Supernova" (61.70 p)
4. Lead - "Green Days/Strings" (58.30 p)
5. SCANDAL - "OVER DRIVE" (46.50 p)
(Kagen - 47.80 p [28,344], Awanai - 43.10 [32,533], PHS - 49.50 [11,300])

6. Kaze Danjuku - "Dansou Revolution" (28.20 p)
7. BiS - "Fly/Hi" (25.40 p)
8. Juju - "Distance" (19.60 p)
9. Kazuyoshi Saitou - "Always" (18.80 p)
10. Kohinata Mirai (Yuka Iguchi) - "Senki Zesshou Symphogear G Character Song 8" (18.50 p)

(The NINKI ratings are the results of a POLL conducted by Oricon indicating degree of interest/degree of purchase intention in an upcoming release. Although the ratings are never a true reflection of sales, it does give a strong prediction about where the single/album will place in terms of popularity amongst the Japanese public. However, they are NOT an indication of how it will perform in terms of chart positioning and total sales for the week.)

Last edited by sillentdx on Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
wow. thats a tight competition o.o

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:23 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Interesting info but it doesn't mean anything for the number of sales. Awanai (best selling single) has the "worst" rating our of the 3. At least it shows that they are in the top 5 as usually and that is a good sign.

So I guess the important thing is the number of sales, let's just hope they don't have another PHS. I really think it's important they stay constant and don't suddenly drop down with the sale numbers. But again it's the single before the album so we shouldn't expect a miracle. They deserves good sales they work so hard Sad

EDIT : I think you can add the lyrics now TGE, we are so close to release its ok right? Right?.hail. .shy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:48 pm

MamiOgawa

MamiOgawa

Caless Student
Caless Student
I seriously love the girls and hope they reach a good place in the charts like they do most of the time! .wow.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 Tumblr_mrwmbn0a5W1sn1xxco2_500LOVE.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:07 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:28 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oricon daily - #7 (best: #2 - Taiyou Scandalous)
Billboard Japan Hot 100 - #30 (best: #5 - DOLL)
Billboard Japan Adult Contemporary Airplay - #50 (best: #27 - DOLL)
Billboard Japan Hot Top Airplay - #19

Last edited by sillentdx on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:37 am; edited 3 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:10 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah doesn't sound too good at all... The last time a single was only #7 was for LOVE SURVIVE and it only sold for 17k back in mid-2011. PHS was #5 first day but in the end only sold for 13k so I guess we need to wait the results for first week but it seems this single won't be a huge success like Kagen/Awanai recently.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:56 pm

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Yeah doesn't sound too good at all... The last time a single was only #7 was for LOVE SURVIVE and it only sold for 17k back in mid-2011. PHS was #5 first day but in the end only sold for 13k so I guess we need to wait the results for first week but it seems this single won't be a huge success like Kagen/Awanai recently.
Maybe because some of the fans are planning to buy the Standard album instead of this single specially those with limited budget.

This is definitely a good single with cool side A and side B songs but we must not expect it much when it comes to sales. 

If this single will not reach the top 5 in Oricon, I'm sure the Standard Album will reach top 3. .clap.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:53 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
9/18:
Oricon daily: #5
iTunes Japan Top 10 Rock Songs: OVER DRIVE - #1, SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE - #7(<--lol)
Recochoku singles daily: #5
Recochoku Chaku-Uta daily: #44
Recochoku rock songs daily: OVER DRIVE - #1, SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE - #7(<--lol, again)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:13 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well #5 Oricon is better already, there is hope!

And lol SITH goes #7 in the rock charts??! What is this sorcery? Is the song so great that it will invade all the charts in the world?! I hope so .hora. 

@MamiXHaruna : That is usually how it goes, the single just before the album release doesn't sell good. Only Harukaze was the exception but it was also the opening for Bleach.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:42 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:16 am

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MamiXHaruna wrote:
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Yeah doesn't sound too good at all... The last time a single was only #7 was for LOVE SURVIVE and it only sold for 17k back in mid-2011. PHS was #5 first day but in the end only sold for 13k so I guess we need to wait the results for first week but it seems this single won't be a huge success like Kagen/Awanai recently.
Maybe because some of the fans are planning to buy the Standard album instead of this single specially those with limited budget.
Not so relevant to the topic, but I'm one of those customers who will not buy OVER DRIVE and just wait for STANDARD.

I know a real fan should (?) buy all of their stuff, but this single is not so attractive, to me at least.

1- Full album is near, and will include the single's A side.
2- PV may be on the "high budget" side of things, but it's just they playing with special effects.
3- B side is... well, "different". Not the kind of song I consider "a must" on any playlist.
4- I don't like the cover, to the point I don't need the CD even for collection. Seriously, if it had beautiful images like Kagen or Awanai, at least it could decorate the shelf or something.

Well, maybe I'm looking too much on the side of customers instead of fans. At least SCANDAL has real fans like the many of you who bought OVER DRIVE, hope the sales go well to give courage for them to make more and more music.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:19 am

Sanshinzoka

Sanshinzoka

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/
SCANDAL - Brand new wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=H6AaTLIc7aE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH6AaTLIc7aE%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

they become more popish day by day, oh gosh! I dont like it. since Encore show, only Awanai really suite for my ears.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 News_large_scandal1
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:34 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Onozaki_Nagawa wrote:SCANDAL - Brand new wave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=H6AaTLIc7aE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DH6AaTLIc7aE%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

they become more popish day by day, oh gosh! I dont like it. since Encore show, only Awanai really suite for my ears.

Considering they don't compose or arrangement most of their own songs its hard to control the outcome.

Asides from that, this thread is about Overdrive and what you've posted is relevant to STANDARD not Overdrive.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 13 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
09/19:
Oricon singles daily: #5 (stay)
Recochoku singles daily: #17 (down from #5)
Recochoku Chaku-Uta daily: #35 (up from #44)
Recochoku rock songs daily: OVER DRIVE - #1 (stay), SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE - #30 (down from #7)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:46 am

JF. Johan

JF. Johan

Caless Student
Caless Student
2013年09月20日

Oricon daily (singles):  #5 (stay)

Nice one

Back to top Go down