Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:39 am

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OMFG ლ(ಠ益ಠლ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ ლ(ಠ益ಠლ 

I LOLed the moment I saw the cover. PRICELESS!!! .lol.  LOVE  But still awesome \m/ I can't wait for the release. I just listened to the preview. I feel like this will be one of my fav SCANDAL singles <3 Can't wait. <3

LOVE
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 LOGO
.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:46 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
OMG I just listened to the Short PV Preview of Over Drive and it was friggin' awesome ... it's the sound i've been dreaming Scandal would do or somewhat like that.... can't wait now

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANlover wrote:OH MY GOD!! OH MY GOD!!
I can't waiiiit *3*
Thanks so much for the info Nice one 
I'm so happy, OVERDRIVE sounds really good 8D
And the promo image is..... WOW *3*
*O* What video is that on ur signature.. The GIF...
why are they crying ._. (Timo and Mami(?)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:01 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
jrld wrote:

Here's a preview (:
How come it's unavailable to me when we're in the same country .wtf.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:11 am

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Mamitachu wrote:*O* What video is that on ur signature.. The GIF...
I can answer that. That was the time of their Temptation Box Tour last 2010. That scene was after their last encore song, Scandal Baby ^w^

And if you still want to watch the OVER DRIVE preview, here's a link on facebook. :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=461309283964841

LOVE
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 LOGO
.love.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:21 am

mylastonepiece

mylastonepiece

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
The preview sounds really good aahhh~ Onion Tea

and i wonder what's with the cover its cute anyway but then curiosity strikes me lol

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 GwLkWlB

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 Ub

Follow my SCANDAL tumblr: http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:26 am

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

meow-chan wrote:Just heard the preview and it is coooool!not the super rock one but then this one can save me from getting bored everytime I'll drive Thumbs Onion  hopefully the full PV will be released soon Relax Onion 
Based on the DVD content of Standard, I'm assuming that they will not make a PV for 「OVER DRIVE」 and they will do it for 「SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE」 instead.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:36 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Been looping for more than ten times now....I like the concept on focusing more on their vocals... Maybe the song is like telling what Scandal would be after that Osaka Jou Hall performance....

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
raynsity wrote:Based on the DVD content of Standard, I'm assuming that they will not make a PV for 「OVER DRIVE」 and they will do it for 「SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE」 instead.
They always do PVs for the title tracks of their singles; I think that's pretty much a rule of thumb. And I'd assume they'd especially want to do it for this song since it was produced by a famous producer. The SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE PV might only be a DVD exclusive PV, just like SCANDAL no Theme was for BABY ACTION.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:20 am

timooooo

timooooo

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
d3nise wrote:When I've read the single's name, I instantly remembered Stereopony. Onion Tea
Thank for the update! XD
so did i lol 

and awesome! another single! lol at the album cover .lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 am

yhanika

yhanika

International Performer
International Performer
wow ! another single again !
after awanai and kagen no tsuki .. a new single will be release
this is great !

.love. ~ Mami x Haruna ~.love. 
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 <a href=
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:44 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My my my, it is a good pop/rock song, I particularly love the piano part and the pictures in their radiant pure white suits are incredible classy and beautiful, especially Haruna: the way she looks, hands in pockets, shows her self-confidence, her pose is so great!^o^
I am looking forward the entire song and the PV, no doubt their will be awesome!^_^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:03 am

darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
dunrite321 wrote:*Jaw drops*

Well if a new high res version of that image comes out, that's going to be my new desktop background.
same here !

already a new single, just 1 month after Kagen no Tsuki, .wow. I thought exactly the same as Haruna when I saw the cover.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 am

Khareen

Khareen

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://khareenlovesred.tumblr.com/
i almost cried while listening to Over Drive preview.. :'))
gaaahhh it's so beautiful.. and the covers are awesome, leader looks so badass in her hair..

i cant wait for the release! yay! LOVE

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 Tumblr_mvyoht8Bgg1qcnheho1_500
Yukirin chuu~

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:18 am

phoenixnumber1

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yay!! Love the preview, it definitely feels a bit like a Stereopony tribute as the song even feels like the same song by stereopony in terms of summer-y, pop-y melancholy. I'm glad they used instruments, but I'm also looking forward to Scandal in the House as it'll be something new and I want to see them dancing seriously! Hope it will be less electro and more hiphop but hopes not high.

Love the promo pic, Rina especially looks fantastic! Haruna's hair is a bit too big but I like her pose and the whole manly, suits thing going on, it's like a twist and relapse on the old uniform thing. It feels like they are putting a lot into this next single and album so I can't wait for Standard! :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:24 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
Ono Sasazaki wrote:
「SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE」 is a dance number in which all of the members have lead vocals in and SCANDAL's first ever non-musical performance step recording.
I know most ppl are not going to be very excited about a dance/non-instrumental piece from SCANDAL, but I'm very much looking forward to it :D

Our SCANDAL keeps growing~
Dude, count me in this one too! XD
It's always refreshing to see the other side of SCANDAL once in a while.
Can't wait.Can't wait.Can't wait.(≧∇≦)

________
OVERDRIVE sounds amazing!
Yeah, it would be a good anime song. Haha
IMO the music sounds a little like western-ish? well, that's just me. 
As much as I can't wait for the full song, i'm also dying to see the PV ! ( ̄▽ ̄)

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 URT1EYY
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:53 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
i'm in a good mood now. the song is great. i've been waiting for them to do something like this for a long time and glad they did. definitely going to get this single and the album....the preview was good.

and for the b-side.......i'm actually excited for it, because seriously exploring genres is awesome and i'm excited to see a side of SCANDAL that's refreshing and different. i'll be waiting for the song to come out. hehe

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
i like the song <3 the instrumentals <3 and so chill <3

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:47 am

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Takoyaki wrote:
Mamitachu wrote:*O* What video is that on ur signature.. The GIF...
I can answer that. That was the time of their Temptation Box Tour last 2010. That scene was after their last encore song, Scandal Baby ^w^

And if you still want to watch the OVER DRIVE preview, here's a link on facebook. :D

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=461309283964841
EH honto ni arigatoooo~
.clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:36 am

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
and from what i read on tumblr, the coupling song is a dubsteeepppp~~~~~ omg!! i love that genreeee~~ and not to mention, all the girls sing in the songg~~ looking forward to thiss~~

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@hapihapi
Are you sure of that? Is it a reliable source?Onion huh? 
Anyway, it will be fun to hear that even if I am not familiar with dubstep musique ^^"

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:50 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

^ yep. here is the translations of this article:http://www.whatsin.jp/news/38746

It’s everywhere today; Nakata Yasutaka produces SCANDAL’s new song “OVER DRIVE”, and the jacket covers are illustrated by Lily Franky!
SCANDAL’s new song「OVER DRIVE」has been confirmed to release on 18th September 2013 (Wed).
「OVER DRIVE」is being produced by Nakata Yasutaka (CAPSULE), and is also the first time he is producing material for a band. Additionally, the coupling song is being produced by Kousaka Daimaou (Japanese comedic talent and DJ). It will also be the first time in SCANDAL’s history where all members will be taking the lead vocals, with no playing of instruments, a tune that’s very much purely dance-number-driven. This song is titled「SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE」.
The illustrator for the jacket covers is also by none other than Lily Franky. The song「OVER DRIVE」can also be found in the band’s 5th Album『STANDARD』, which has been confirmed to release on 2nd October (Wed).
Music provided by Nakata Yasutaka (CAPSULE)
An offer happened because the SCANDAL members were strongly interested in how Nakata Yasutaka’s pop sense can be infused into SCANDAL’s music. After that, they had a meeting with the man himself which resulted in the tune that is「OVER DRIVE」. After the band has achieved their goal of performing a successful one-man live at the Osaka-Jo Hall on 3rd March 2013, their dream has finally came true and you can see how everything has resulted in this pop song.
Lily Franky’s Jacket Cover Illustrations
SCANDAL has been in contact with Lily Franky ever since performing at his event (Year 2010’s「Zanjibaru NIGHT」) and also when they’d debuted. In April this year, Lily Franky also presented SCANDAL with a letter on nationwide TV when SCANDAL guested for a special programme. In that letter contained illustrations of the SCANDAL members. The members liked it so much they asked for them to be used as this time’s jacket covers, in which (Lily Franky) readily agreed.
Kousaka Daimaou Produce
Knowing how concerned Kousaka Daimaou is for SCANDAL on Twitter, the members, as well as the fact that he’d been active in music previously, the band offered him an collaboration offer to produce some music. It became a party song in which all members of SCANDAL will be singing, and also the first time that they will not be performing (with instruments).
Comment by Kousaka Daimaou
"Ever since the impact of DOLL from a couple of years ago, I was constantly fascinated by the live performances by SCANDAL! With music and vocals that can’t be beat…and beautiful/charismatic performances…there’s only one such girl band! From simply connecting through Twitter…to a real collab! All hail the SNS era! RAVE + Dub-step + RAP + SCANDAL! All things that I like…has finally be released! It is absolutely good and new and interesting!"
Comment by SCANDAL’s Vocalist HARUNA
"We’ve been given various jobs to do with Lily Franky ever since our debut, however, we’re really happy that he’s providing the illustration for our product (the jacket covers) this time. It was quite surprising when we met for the first time (laughs), but we gradually came to love him and wanted to use (his illustrations) for「OVER DRIVE」’s jacket covers! When we asked, he’d accepted readily; Thank you so much!”
"In 「OVER DRIVE」, we wondered how will Nakata Yasutaka’s sound fuse with SCANDAL. With that, we presented him with the offer and when the song was made, all of us members were really into it at once! This is probably the most confident we’ve been in SCANDAL’s pop sound in history. We believe that this is the kind of song that many people will sing along with us."
source

and if you're unfamiliar with dubstep, u can check out Skrillex. here is one of his song

Last edited by hapihapi on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added source)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:28 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Just pre-ordered the regular edition (and the album too obviously).

The preview looks very nice! Already like the song.

About the b-side I'm not sure what to expect but I think I don't really care if it's pop, or rap or dubstep, etc. I just hope that if they go that way for that b-side/pv they will take a "dobondobondo" approach and not be too serious about it.

I mean if they do a rap/dance/dubstep song it would be weird to see them being all serious, dressed like rappers and all and be like "yes this a serious song, the lyrics are deep we love rap/dance, etc". Not sure if you understand what I mean. The Donbondobondo songs/PV are great because it's clearly funny and they don't take it seriously at all.

Anyway this looks really GREAT and I can't wait to hear the full song, the b-side and the PV!! .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Seeing this cover art, one thing I wanna ask their management "ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:11 pm

february-heavenly

february-heavenly

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
macdyne73 wrote:Thank you!

Just heard it. It's that sort of head bobbing soft rock with a kind of an end-of-summer vibe to it, easy on the ears, slight melancholic feel. Makes for good driving music.

Approved.
i was just going to say the same thing; i could totally see thing on my driving playlist for a road trip or something.

and i'm super excited for "scandal in the house", i love getting the chance to hear mami and rina sing, especially rina.

edit: oh my god, i just realized that those "drawings" are naked. no words.

Last edited by february-heavenly on Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 3 9a12711f2961b114fdc930d81ddd3237
tumblr: ai-koishiteru.tumblr.com
twitter: twitter.com/feiizhuliu
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.