You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
OMG. WOW!  .wow. This makes me want to watch the movie... lol I know it's only for the Japanese release of the film but still SCANDAL makes me want to watch it.. SCANDAL is starting 2014 with a bang! a big bang! XD

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down
Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Nice! I can't wait for the song without the movie preview lol

Back to top Go down
MariIshi

MariIshi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Whoaaa it's amazing! Definitely in my style. I can't wait! .love.

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 33os3tx

Back to top Go down
meloya

meloya

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://meloindex.com
whoa the preview sounds awesome! the guitar intro kinda reminds me a lil bit of Maria's chiisana uta.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
lazzal wrote:Anyway, this sounds so awesome! SCANDAL is beginning to write their own stuff  .clap.

They've been writing their own stuff off and on for a while, but I'm hopeful that the trend is for them to do it more often.

But, do we know that the *song* was written by them? They've pretty much always written most of their own lyrics.

Back to top Go down
hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's a pretty good song... can't wait to hear the full thing already ....

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
spacecadet wrote:But, do we know that the *song* was written by them? They've pretty much always written most of their own lyrics.

No, we don't know that info yet. So far, the only thing that has been said about the songwriting is that RINA wrote the lyrics. Nothing official has been said about who wrote the music. I guess people are just speculating that the band wrote it, but, like I said, we don't know that for a fact yet.

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
oira

oira

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://kidankan.wordpress.com/
Awesome tune! I cannot get it out of my head
I wish they could include this song in a future release (maybe in the movie soundtrack)

Back to top Go down
metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
spacecadet wrote:But, do we know that the *song* was written by them? They've pretty much always written most of their own lyrics.

No, we don't know that info yet. So far, the only thing that has been said about the songwriting is that RINA wrote the lyrics. Nothing official has been said about who wrote the music. I guess people are just speculating that the band wrote it, but, like I said, we don't know that for a fact yet.

this website does mention that both lyrics and composition was done by RINA, though i'm not completely sure how accurate it is.
still doesn't matter much for me, i'm just happy to hear new things from them, for them especially RINA to be involved is just an added bonus :D can't hear much from the video though with all the other sounds more or less covering over much of the music, so i'll refrain from commenting until i hear a clearer version

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
metalleo wrote:this website does mention that both lyrics and composition was done by RINA, though i'm not completely sure how accurate it is.

I saw that, but the band's official site just mentions that she wrote the lyrics and doesn't mention the composition. It could be true that she did have a hand in writing the composition as well, but for now the band hasn't confirmed it themselves.

Edit: According to RINA's most recent blog entry, she credits SCANDAL for writing both the music and arrangement.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:20 am; edited 2 times in total

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
MadOrange

MadOrange

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
one after another again oh well that's SCANDAL for you and the song sounds reaaally amazing.
the girls are leveling up to the max!
And now because of this news i have to watch the movie today,  good thing my friend recommended this movie and gave me a copy beforehand ! omg omg.. so exciting!

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 Img_2610
kumi
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Good news about the credits for the song! I posted my opinion in the blog thread :

HRMT wrote:Great to have confirmation from RINA about the song. While SCANDAL members have been involved in the lyrics for many many of their songs, this is actually only the second song that will be fully done by SCANDAL no? The first one being the song STANDARD. If that's the case it may be an important confirmation that the band now wants to write some songs of their own without any help. And more importantly, that the company is ok with it and even like that because it's surely the company that pushed for the theme song somehow. I mean it's not just a random b-side. And STANDARD was already the name of the song and album so it's important.

Hopefully we can get a clear preview soon and know more about the song if it will become a single or only be a digital release or only on a soundtrack CD, etc.

Back to top Go down
_RicchaN_

_RicchaN_

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh my god! I love it!

It's right, the sound reminds to shunkan sentimental but I can't stop singing the chorus! XD

Yeah, Rock On Scandal!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The intro does sound like Shunkan. Sounds okay so far, I need to hear more to judge it though.

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 61185
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitanuva wrote:The intro does sound like Shunkan. Sounds okay so far, I need to hear more to judge it though.

Same here - I really can't get a feel for the song from this trailer, and I've been wrong with my initial impressions from little snippets like this before (usually in the direction of liking the song better when I hear the whole thing).

Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:
kaitanuva wrote:The intro does sound like Shunkan. Sounds okay so far, I need to hear more to judge it though.

Same here - I really can't get a feel for the song from this trailer, and I've been wrong with my initial impressions from little snippets like this before (usually in the direction of liking the song better when I hear the whole thing).

Right. I thought Standard (the song) was awful from the preview. How wrong I was

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 61185
Back to top Go down
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah previews can sometimes have that effect, but at least we know a part of the song and the general sound. But the whole song is rarely worst, it's usually the other way around when the preview sounds average and then the whole song is much better.

If I remember correctly this happened for me on SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE where the preview sounded a bit weird and the whole song is absolutely awesome.

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitanuva wrote:Right. I thought Standard (the song) was awful from the preview. How wrong I was

I usually try not to even listen to short previews if I have the willpower to avoid it, but I sometimes can't resist sneaking a peak. I didn't hear the preview of "Standard" and I loved it from my first listen to the whole song. I admit I'm so far not really into "Rainy", but it's hard to really hear it with the dialogue over it and I might feel differently when I hear the full song. One song I do remember feeling this way about when I saw a short clip was "Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki", and now it's one of my favorite songs on the STANDARD album.

Back to top Go down
bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
i like this new song  .smile.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down
Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The song is a bit hard to hear beneath the talking in the trailer but from what we can hear of it, I think it sounds like a really good song. I like it so far, I'm interested in hopefully hearing the full song eventually. :3

It's always important to not judge a song fully by the preview of it though. I think we've all seen by now that previews can often be deceiving and not do a song enough justice. ^^

Back to top Go down
NARIZKA

NARIZKA

Caless Student
Caless Student
really nice song, love it sooooooo much  LOVE

Back to top Go down
Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
Umm... The mortal Instruments was released on 22nd August in 2013. So, how is the movie going to be released in April? Or is it the second part?

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down
metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
Mitchan wrote:Umm... The mortal Instruments was released on 22nd August in 2013. So, how is the movie going to be released in April? Or is it the second part?

to quote our legendary news sourcer (if there's even such a word) thoseguiltyeyes in her first post

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:SCANDAL's new song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of Shadow Hunter, the Japanese release of the 2013 movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

so nope, its not a second part

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down
Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
metalleo wrote:
Mitchan wrote:Umm... The mortal Instruments was released on 22nd August in 2013. So, how is the movie going to be released in April? Or is it the second part?

to quote our legendary news sourcer (if there's even such a word) thoseguiltyeyes in her first post

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:SCANDAL's new song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of Shadow Hunter, the Japanese release of the 2013 movie The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.

so nope, its not a second part
So it will be released only in Japan? xD  (I'm so stupid... sumimasen..)

New song 「Rainy」 will be the theme song of "Shadow Hunter" movie - Page 2 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Mitchan wrote:So it will be released only in Japan? xD  (I'm so stupid... sumimasen..)

Shadow Hunter is the Japanese release of the original movie. Basically, it's the Japanese subtitled edition of the original movie. The original movie was already in theaters last year in places like the US and Canada, but this is the first time it will be released in Japan. Also, a second movie has not been filmed yet.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.