About 40 days * 24 hours worth of subbed anime. Lol

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii
Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:02 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ooh an airport greeting would surely get them pumped for the concert! Nothing feels more uplifting for a band than having a bunch of fans welcoming you. I just hope they arrive  the day after I arrive so I could partake in the possible group greeting but I fear that's just wishful thinking on my part. I would assume though that the SCANDAL fan base in Hawaii is already planing some sort of greeting for the girls. 

fredrickfx we are still looking for 1 more person to share a hotel with. 
As for my Japanese level I actually forgot aloooooot of Japanese since I was younger. My cousins are half Japanese and grew up hearing the language but they speak perfect English now so that didn't help me haha. Only Japanese music and films reminds me of words here and there nowadays. 

Jeido what's is your weapon of choice in your band??? I have a fascination with instruments :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:16 am

Jeido

Jeido

Caless Student
Caless Student
I play the bass.
I feel a big connection between me and Tomomi, because I am super sensitive like she is. Her personality reminds me of myself, and she does a mushy face when she is about to cry just like me. Haha. I am the year or the crab.
I also play a little acoustic.

"I awoke only to see that the rest of the world was asleep" -Leonardo DV
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:20 am

Jeido

Jeido

Caless Student
Caless Student
Btw I will most likely cry at the concert when we go, just a heads up for y'all. :"3

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:34 am

jephilologist

jephilologist

Caless Student
Caless Student
Jeido wrote:Btw I will most likely cry at the concert when we go, just a heads up for y'all. :"3

.uhuh. Gothcha. Here's to the Tomomi fan. (cheers)

And, yeah. It's Tomo's birthday on check-in day. So nice coincidences there. (or could it be that it's destiny? lol) How 'bout we give her a (belated) "Happy Birthday" shout somewhere in there?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:44 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
Jeido please tell me it's a fender. Female bassist are awesome! I actually have a secret obsession with Tomomi Tongue becuase I own a Fender Jazz bass too plus she is this adorable girl with a big red (my favorite color) jazz bass. I pretty much fell to the floor when I first saw her. But I stay true Haruna Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:51 am

Jeido

Jeido

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, I play a squire jazz bass like Mio from K-ON.
I was going to buy a fender special p bass in pearl with maple fretboard (the black and gold bass tomomi), but I am paying for the standard tour and fan meeting in Hawaii. I feel like this is a once in a lifetime chance, because I can always get a bass. :0

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:54 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
My level of Japanese is on the same level I imagine a lot of people going is - not very good. I can get the gist of a conversation but I struggle to fully understand things. I'm only a couple months into learning Japanese so it's not that good yet. Getting there of course, although I doubt that my skills will be any good by June.

But I don't think it'll be too much of a problem for people who don't speak Japanese even if there aren't translators there. If instructions are ever needed, I'm sure the people who are going who understand Japanese will tell us what to do when need be. ^^

An airport greeting would be a very good idea, although I don't think we'll find out when the girls are coming until probably right before the actual event. Maybe a few days before it. If we do manage to figure out when the girls' flight lands, it'll be pretty easy to put something together if there's at least a bit of planning beforehand.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:02 am

macrx78

macrx78

Caless Student
Caless Student
Haha no way! I have Mio's exact bass! Tobacco sunburst. I got it in Japan. The price and action was too good to pass on. But so true this concert is worth every penny to me even though I sold my Les Paul for it but hey two days of SCANDAL I'm not complaining. Who knows if this will even happen in the States again. Now I'm just curious what their music order is going to be. Most of it I'm assuming is off their new Standard album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:10 am

Jeido

Jeido

Caless Student
Caless Student
日本語がわかります。 Happy

I hope they play metronome! I can't believe there is actually going to be a buffet, so I keep imagining what it will be like. I can most likely compose something to say or write to them in Japanese. We all should definitely meet the 31st, and maybe have lunch, jam session, or go swimming at a beach.

Last edited by Jeido on Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I usually forget to use the correct particels and I was debating whether to use が。)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:15 am

Jeido

Jeido

Caless Student
Caless Student
@ macx, that must have been a little hard. I have an epiphone Les Paul in heritage sunburst!
You can always get another one though! I am glad you are going, and it makes me feel better about my decision as well!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
I'd hate to act like a mod right now, but please do not double post and do not go off-topic, guys. Please edit your first post if you want to add anything else, and if you wish to talk about instruments and such, please take it elsewhere.

And if I may make a slight correction:

Jeido wrote:日本語をわかります。

It should be が instead of を. Happy

I think out of everyone going I most likely am the most proficient in Japanese. I'm half-Japanese and have been formally studying the language for about 4 1/2 years. Although that's probably not saying very much because I still have a long way to go, mostly in regards to speaking and understanding it verbally.

In the case that there are no translators, I will of course let you guys know if we are instructed to do something or the like. That is if I can understand it myself Tongue

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Jeido wrote:日本語をわかります。 Happy

I hope they play metronome! I can't believe there is actually going to be a buffet, so I keep imagining what it will be like. I can most likely compose something to say or write to them in Japanese. We all should definitely meet the 31st, and maybe have lunch, jam session, or go swimming at a beach.

Hello guys! In case someone missed it on one of my previous posts, I will be arriving on the 29th and will be already meeting 2 other members at the airport, if you want to meet up before the official meetup date please dont hesitate! I will be available and plenty of others too!

Also, lets remember to keep the thread travel related as there might be some people that are still looking to get roomates or stuff like that!

Thanks!

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 pm

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
Phew, I seriously thought that almost everyone here was proficient in Japanese and that I'd be the only one with a language handicap.

@macrx78: Still? In that case..

Anyone who is still in need of a hotel room and doesn't mind sharing, you may contact me or macrx78. Thank you.

I'm scared of forgetting all the Japanese I've learned so I'm gonna try to incorporate it into conversations with others like you guys and study it during my free time as well.

@Jeido: Me too, I'm currently in Japanese 101 and breezing through it. I plan to keep taking classes in and/or out of college until I can pass the proficiency exam. Are you aiming to become fluent too?

@Airi-chan: At the moment, it seems like we'll be relying heavily on thoseguiltyeyes for situations like that if there aren't any (so be ready for that Jade)! If we find out what day the girls'll be arriving, we should all purchase walkie-talkies and and assign people to be stationed at each gate, haha.

@thoseguiltyeyes: I actually just finished the chapter introducing the ga particle before spring break, lol. Not saying very much? Four and a half years is a lot of Japanese. I wish I started earlier and had that much under my belt but I was too intimidated by the language before.

@Noodles: My roomie won't be arriving until several hours after I do so it'd be great if I could meet up with you and the others before then!

Sorry if I'm going off topic too, I have a really bad habit of needing to reply to everything.

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 Ban10
またねとおおきくてをふって、さよならじゃないことたしかめた。
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:38 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
If you guys are arriving after 3pm, I'll join you guys for a meetup after work. 

Anyway, is there going to be a thread or post of list of people who are going? with real name/nick and picture perhaps?

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 44e80685-46e4-4cb0-ab4f-e2d4eb9f2cc8_zps21dca262
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:44 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
IndoLegend wrote:Anyway, is there going to be a thread or post of list of people who are going? with real name/nick and picture perhaps?

Here's a list of usernames + real first names of everyone who I know will be going.

Spoiler:

If anyone doesn't want me to list their real first name, let me know and I'll take it out.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:49 am

IndoLegend

IndoLegend

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh nice, we have a quite large of people going  .clap.

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 44e80685-46e4-4cb0-ab4f-e2d4eb9f2cc8_zps21dca262
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

btw guys, I just noticed one of RINA's previous tweets about the Fan Meeting Tour perks:

https://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/449170663828234240
"Q: Will you guys be hula dancing at this Fan Meeting thing? haha

RINA: It'll include a commemorative photo with the members, an autograph session, a live limited to the tour participants, etc.,, We might add more. We're currently thinking of things. Since we don't do events like this, this just might be the first and last of them"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:01 pm

Jeido

Jeido

Caless Student
Caless Student
I should be arriving sometime on the 30th, but I do think we should make a post of people who are going with pictures! I this the southern California fans plan a trip to little Tokyo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
IndoLegend wrote:If you guys are arriving after 3pm, I'll join you guys for a meetup after work. 

Anyway, is there going to be a thread or post of list of people who are going? with real name/nick and picture perhaps?

So far, I'll be arriving on May 29th at 2pm at Honolulu airport. I'll be meeting Wizard Haru and dparrico there, I can put together a list with pictures if people are willing to tell me if theyre going to be arriving around 2pm on the 29th and providing a picture!

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:55 pm

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
Is there gonna be another one on the 30th or will the one after that be the official one on the 31st?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:19 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
We can schedule an 'unofficial' meet-up on the 30th for those who will already be there and keep the official meet-up on the 31st, since I know that some people won't be arriving until then.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:58 pm

fredrickfx

fredrickfx

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sweet, I can help set up the one on the 30th. And of course, the 31st is when everyone has to be there so it shouldn't be anytime before that. It'd help to have a list of when people are going to be arriving too though. Going through all the previous posts, I have:

Already there: IndoLegend (Arman), Hawaii Fan
May 29th: Noodles (Lale) @ 2 P.M., Wizard Haru (Hubert) @ 11 A.M., dparrico (Don) @ 2:30 P.M., Airi-Chan (Allie) @ 12 P.M., Erich (wat) @ 9:30 P.M., Neil (zimbobbio) @ 9:30 P.M., Alan (alnet88) @ 9:30 P.M., Jade (thoseguiltyeyes) @ 9:30 P.M.
May 30th: Me (Fredrick) @ 1 P.M., macrx78 (Mark) @ 6 P.M., Jeido @ 1 P.M.
May 31st: You better be here before 4 P.M., lol.

I'll edit/update this as I get more replies. Please let us know when you'll be arriving if you'd like to be referenced during the planning of a meeting prior to the official one, thank you.

Last edited by fredrickfx on Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:33 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
Wont be able to meet up cuz of work, i'll be busy most of the time and barely getting any time off for the fan meeting. lol it was really hard to get any time off at all. lol

SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  SCANDAL Fan Meeting Tour in Hawaii - Page 6 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'll be arriving on May 29th as well. The flight says it'll land about 11:50 am so I'll get there around noon. ^^

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.