Go down

BAND-MAID [Page 11 of 19]

Re: BAND-MAID
Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:51 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Both the song and the video are very very cool. Love the instrumental breakdowns are the solos.

Yeah, I think World Domination might incorporate a international tour, I mean how can they not?
Its similar thing with Scandal's Hello World, I think it may go without saying lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:55 pm

strawhatcrew

strawhatcrew

Caless Student
Caless Student
its really similar to S.O.A.D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
Star~world96®️ wrote:Both the song and the video are very very cool. Love the instrumental breakdowns are the solos.

Yeah, I think World Domination might incorporate a international tour, I mean how can they not?
Its similar thing with Scandal's Hello World, I think it may go without saying lol.

I thought the same thing when I saw the title of the new album.  Hopefully they do this.  I would love to finally see them live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:11 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think all the songs in the album have English Title, though I don't think there are any song in english.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:37 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I purchased digital copies of both of their full-length albums on iTunes Philippines. My thoughts on the overall musicality on World Domination is far superior than every past albums and EPs they have released. However, its production is way too polished compared to their debut album Just Bring It. Otherwise, It's a very good sophomore effort by BAND-MAID.

After listening to all of their songs, Take Me Higher from Just Bring It is current favorite. It has the feel and grit of an action film theme song.

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:54 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Another day, another quality BAND-MAID PV Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:18 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
another great band for my japanese rock/metal playlist... I bought their last album a few days ago    .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:44 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
I got the album a couple weeks ago and have listened to it a few times.  Just like all their other albums, I like it lot.  There are some really good, hard rockin' tunes; fierce riffs by Kanami; and Akane and Misa make a heck of a rhythm section.  At times they remind a lot of Halestorm, which from me is a compliment.

Curious if anyone gets to see them live what they think.  I have yet to find a live video on the internet where I have been impressed with the vocals.  Miku is generally pretty good live, but Saiki always sounds like she's struggling.  The rest of band always sounds good, but unlike Scandal the vocals don't come across as well in the live forum as on record.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:03 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Don Dio

My daughter bought me the album and I have to agree with you, still a welcome addition to my collection though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:05 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
New MV secret MAIKO lips

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 04, 2018 7:15 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I saw Band-Maid in Nagoya on April 6th.

After getting to the venue, I posted on FB to a fan group to see what other international fans were there. One of the guys comes up and introduces himself. He had an extra ticket 'cuz someone ended up not coming with him from Texas. So, he gave me his extra ticket; my ticket was 175, and he gave me 24!!!

So, I spent the entire show on the rail right in front of Saiki.

Man, was that Nagoya crowd crazy and energetic. As soon as the intro music started, the whole crowd surged forward, and I was absolutely squashed by hundreds of fans. I kind of felt bad for the two small ladies behind me who had to position themselves just to either side to see around me; though, they seemed a lot less fazed by the crush of people that I was. I didn't really expect it....

Anyway, 26 songs later, the show's over. They don't mess around, not a lot of MC time, very little chit-chat with the audience....they just hammer you with song after song. I was wiped out by the end of the show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
@saldiven

That's great you got to see Band-Maid perform in Japan.

How were the vocals?  I have yet to come across a live video of them where I was impressed with the singing.  The playing is always great, but the vocals never seem as strong as, say, Scandal is live compared to on album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 04, 2018 9:14 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Don Dio wrote:@saldiven

That's great you got to see Band-Maid perform in Japan.

How were the vocals?  I have yet to come across a live video of them where I was impressed with the singing.  The playing is always great, but the vocals never seem as strong as, say, Scandal is live compared to on album.
The vocals were fine. I think most of the live performance videos you've seen have been from people's cell phones where the microphone quality is crappy.

Now, that being said, there are very few bands where the live performance vocal quality is as close to the studio album quality as is Scandal's. That's one of the biggest things that impresses me about Scandal in a live show; it's obvious they spend a bunch of time practicing and refining their craft.

So, let's put it this way. If a band's studio albums are their "10" (as in the best they can perform) on a scale of 1=10, Scandal's live shows are a 9.5. Band-Maid's are closer to an 8.5 on musical quality (so, about 85% as good as the studio album), but the energy they put into playing is WAY higher than Scandal's (like, off the chart higher).

To put it in comparison, at SCAFES, Scandal played 27 songs starting at 4:30 PM ending at 7:15 PM (2.75 hours), including their intermission, a costume change, and encore. At the Nagoya show, Band-Maid played 26 songs between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM (2.00 hours). Scandal shows are a ton of fun, but they take a lot of time to chit-chat with the audience between songs, so the overall feeling is pretty relaxed. Band-Maid starts out hard and just runs with you until it's over.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 05, 2018 9:02 am

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I have a question about the CD + Blu Ray edition of World Domination, the Blu Ray disc is it region-free (ABC) ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 08, 2018 3:34 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
izzy wrote:I have a question about the CD + Blu Ray edition of World Domination, the Blu Ray disc is it region-free (ABC) ?
I believe it is Region 2, but I've also seen people on the fan facebook page from the USA say they could play it without any trouble.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 08, 2018 5:50 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
izzy wrote:I have a question about the CD + Blu Ray edition of World Domination, the Blu Ray disc is it region-free (ABC) ?

It doesn't say on the box - but I can play it on my Blu-Ray player fine (meant for region B).

Hence, it's region free (Japan is region A). I do find that I never have a problem with Japanese music Blu-Rays.

Grin

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 08, 2018 7:08 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thank you for the info !

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 22, 2018 9:23 pm

Lexian

Lexian

BAND-MAID's next single,「start over」, will drop July 25th!

Raw source from natalie.mu: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thread on BAND-MAID subreddit: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Moderator of [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 25, 2018 4:07 am

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
Bought the Limited Edition Type A because why not!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 25, 2018 1:22 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
This is great! Two months from now but its great news. I'm planning on getting the Limited type B with the regular DVD. Thats 26 live songs, the full concert, YES! But I got to get a region free dvd player in the mean time. I got the World Domination Type B and the live dvd doesnt' play on my player. .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:26 am

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
Anyone going to the Los Angeles and San Francisco shows!?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:44 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
btgrave wrote:Anyone going to the Los Angeles and San Francisco shows!?

Ah, you're kidding me?  They're finally coming to Los Angles and it's the weekend I'm going to be playing a music festival in Arizona.  

Thank you, @btgrave.  I didn't know they were coming here until I read your message.  I am glad they are finally coming over.  Hope it's a great show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:26 pm

btgrave

btgrave

Caless Student
Caless Student
I just bought VIP for both shows!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 pm

Lexian

Lexian

I'm gonna leave this here for anyone else who hasn't heard of the tour and would like to go:

Venue Capacities, courtesy of /u/euler_3 on the bandmaid subreddit:
Lodge Room: 500
The Chapel: 500
Nosturi: 900
The Dome: 500
Melkweg: 1500
Backstage: 300
SO36: 600
Feierwerk: > 1000 (HANSA 39)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:44 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Tix for the London Nov 17 show will be on sale at 1100 hrs UK time on Wed Aug 15.

VIP - GBP68 (early entry / group photo w/ band)

General - GBP34.25

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.