Go down

Re: 22nd Single - 「Sisters」
Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:58 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
Sisters has being wrote by RINA and composed from MAMI, am I getting it right?
http://natalie.mu/music/news/154993

on BARKS it has being said that sisters will be a 'girl rock anthem' which makes me even more excited .wow.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
reilachii wrote:Sisters has being wrote by RINA and composed from MAMI, am I getting it right?
Indeed!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
reilachii wrote:Sisters has being wrote by RINA and composed from MAMI, am I getting it right?

on BARKS it has being said that sisters will be a 'girl rock anthem' which makes me even more excited .wow.
Sweet, I love it when Rina and Mami work on songs together.

So I guess we might.be  getting something along the lines of Shoujo S or Girlism,  that'll be pretty cool. Can't wait to hear it.  LOVE

Last edited by Star~world96® on Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Darn you, Autocorrect!!!)

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:25 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Shoot... most of my top songs were either written by Rina or Tomomi... now that got me excited even for a little bit.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:27 pm

Animelover

Animelover

Caless Student
Caless Student
[quote="thoseguiltyeyes"]On the LINE MUSIC live stream they just announced that they're inviting girls only to the PV shoot for "Sisters" in August in Tokyo! That's pretty awesome. Wish I could go! haha.[/quote]
.omg. That's awesomely cool, I wish I could go too. This is one in a thousand chances of a lifetime, and would help boost our confidence within ourselves more. *Wondering* I wonder what day in August?  .toj.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 2671772173 22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:28 pm

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
In my opinion Rainy is one of their best songs, and that one was written by Rina as well.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:23 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Got a feeling "Sisters" is going to be a landmark. 
It's interesting to look at RINA's lyrics. Those songs seem to follow certain themes… think about Tokyo skyscraper, Bright, One piece, Koi no gestalt houkai… 
"Sisters" is going to be powerful! Onward and upward, SCANDAL!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:30 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
M wrote:I'm happy that they're coming back full force. Now that Sister has just been confirmed (announced, actually lol) I hope the other rumour about the girls not releasing an album is not true. Though they really do have a lot this year (Stamp, Sister, Documentary) I hope they'll still release one.
The girls are working hard this year huh? But I'm sorry to inform you that Haruna did confirmed in a pass interview that they'll not be releasing an album this year,I guess too much is going on this time and the Hello World buzz is still in effect.  But IDK,  who really knows? It's Scandal  .cool.

On topic, in the promo pic it looks like they were having some sort of slumber party, it kinda looks like they're in PJ's. Maybe we'll get some more info about the single  in August since July is still all about Stamp!
Most likely the b side is gonna be used for some project or event since their recent 2nd singles of the year(Kagen no tsuki, taiyou scandalous and Yoake) b sides, are always used in something.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:54 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I think it's a given that we won't have a new album in 2015, with Hello World being published so close to the end of 2014, and the word tour putting their usual schedule completely out of sync, and then their extensive workload and all. Now that they seem to be focusing on writing songs by themselves, it's only normal that the creation of the next album will take a little longer than usual. And then they'll maybe even wait until next summer for the whole 10-year anniversary thing.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:17 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
back number released last month a summer single called "SISTER", and the title-track is kinda up-tempo, so...

Love this promo pic, it's cool and weird (HARUNA's bad bro style is glorious). I'd love if the covers look like this. Maybe the polaroid effect is part of a trilogy (?); I mean, maybe this repetition is conceptual. And yes, RINA's lyrics are so emotional, they always touch me in a very specific way. I remember when "Pride" single came out and I was instantly obsessed with "Emotion". Ahh, those days...

Last edited by Liokt on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:18 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Different sites have slightly different descriptions of "Sisters":

「Sisters」, the title track of their new single, is a rock tune with lyrics by RINA (drums, vocals) and music by MAMI (guitar, vocals). Further details will be released at a later date. The official site of SCANDAL's label currently is taking applications for women to be extras in the music video shoot for the new song. Those who are interested may apply through the dedicated form after checking the recruitment conditions.

「Sisters」 is a girls' rock anthem, with music by MAMI (guitars, vocals) and lyrics by RINA (drums, vocals). In addition, they are currently accepting applications for women who are interested in appearing in the music video for this new song. The shoot will be held on 8/6 (Thu.) in the suburbs of Tokyo.

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000118054

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:44 am

GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
And here we go!
I read the title 'Sisters' a couple of weeks ago from untrustworthy sources, but it appears that it was actually true.
Still waiting for my package containing 'Stamp!' though. 
If they continue like that, I will be broke by the end of the year, take my money  .rich. 
Sleep -> Work -> Buy SCANDAL

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:18 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
SCANDAL will be doing a collaboration with NYLON JAPAN (fashion magazine) for Sisters.

SCANDAL×NYLON JAPAN is doing a collaboration!

The strongest girl band SCANDAL brought their world tour 『HELLO WORLD』 that began this January and lasted for 5 1/2 months to a successful close. Their newest visual was produced by NYLON! For their single 「Sisters」 that will be released on 9/9, the entire CD packaging and a special photo book shot for this release will be included. Experience the new charm of these evolved girls♡

http://www.nylon.jp/music094.html

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:34 am

rinrin151091

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:SCANDAL will be doing a collaboration with NYLON JAPAN (fashion magazine) for Sisters.

For their single 「Sisters」 that will be released on 9/9, the entire CD packaging and a special photo book shot for this release will be included.

Does it mean that there will be a CD + photo book edition?

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 Scandal_encore_show_fan_art_by_ichigo_ringo-d5y7u3v
You're welcome RINA!!!  22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 620191
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:49 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
rinrin151091 wrote:Does it mean that there will be a CD + photo book edition?

I doubt that, because they only do those for albums. Rather than a full-on "book," I think it might be more like the pink photo booklets they've had inside of the CD cases for most of their past singles.

But we'll see; we won't know anything for sure until we get more info about the single.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:33 am

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
rinrin151091 wrote:
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:SCANDAL will be doing a collaboration with NYLON JAPAN (fashion magazine) for Sisters.

For their single 「Sisters」 that will be released on 9/9, the entire CD packaging and a special photo book shot for this release will be included.

Does it mean that there will be a CD + photo book edition?

I was wondering that also as it does say CD packaging which I would take to mean the CD case itself. 

Also are they in the newest NYLON issue as I noticed they posted a pic of it on twitter or is it just in relation to this  announcement?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:39 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

graftenberg wrote:Also are they in the newest NYLON issue as I noticed they posted a pic of it on twitter or is it just in relation to this  announcement?

Neither one of those. RINA simply said they're preparing for a shoot and she's reading NYLON.

What NYLON posted on their site is all that we know about the single/collab so far. We'll only know specific details when they're announced at a later date.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:41 am

joon

joon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The photo book is most likely just a booklet included in the single.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:55 pm

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
new single again ? :D very fast

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
In the Rock in Japan interview, Rina describe Sisters as being a danceable tune. 
Rock + Danceable = something like ESY or Orange Juice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:21 am

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Does anyone think that Morning Sun will be the B-side? (They previewed this song at the RIJF festival). I really want to see the PV, and better yet, hear the preview to this song.

22nd Single - 「Sisters」 - Page 2 U9CD2Bt
~Scandal is always my inspiration for everything.~
"No one else is as strong as you are, don't worry about being alone, even if I am." - Harukaze
Instagram: @the_artist_nakamura
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:35 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
^ it looks like b-side will be named LIFE IS A JOURNEY and it was made by tomomi actually

at this point I wonder if morning sun was a wrong fans's supposed title or scandal will release the song + the one for the documentary in the near future

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:47 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well isn't the t-shirt she designed also has a quote saying... Life is a Journey, Let's Take a Ride... haha... well can't wait to hear it, I loved Kan Biiru maybe i'll like this b-side better

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:51 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
reilachii wrote:^ it looks like b-side will be named LIFE IS A JOURNEY and it was made by tomomi actually

at this point I wonder if morning sun was a wrong fans's supposed title or scandal will release the song + the one for the documentary in the near future
I'm pretty sure Morning Sun is a separate song, since a lot of fans did say it was called Morning Sun, and Scandal usually announces the name of the song right before they perform it. 

Plus Yeah another new song, so far we got Sisters, Chiisana honoo, Life is a Journey, Morning Sun, and the Birthday song, can't wait to hear them all  .clap.

LIFE IS A JOURNEY might be an all Timo song...maybe, it has this Bright/Place of Life vibe just from the title.   hope we get to hear Sisters and the b side some time soon.

Rina stated that she wrote the lyrics inspired by 60s vintage movies, maybe the music will have this Vintage Retro 60s vibe.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:47 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
JPU will release "Sisters" digitally (iTunes/Amazon) across the UK and Europe (they also released "Stamp!" today)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum