Go down

Ninth cover : Stamp! [Page 2 of 6]

Re: Ninth cover : Stamp!
Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
Shanipika wrote:Yeah I saw you did Mami part in Departure ^^ You sing really well. I dont XD My breathing is pretty bad and my voice is pretty deep and low. I dont think I can reach even close of the same octave lolz
Anything is possible! There's always the option of singing it down an octave to better suit your range. And if you want tips on vocal training, I can give you some. But I do mean it when I say "I'll take what is left over". If you've been practising, you should definitely go for  it ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:04 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
marcoatendido wrote:What do the rest of you guys think? Also about adding extra parts/your own uniqueness to our band covers in general?

Also, I didn't mean it that everyone has to change the way they cover the song just for the sake of playing something different. For example, soloing like a thrash metal shredder will probably spoil it in this case for Stamp! hehe.

My point was, even with the way you did that drum track, a band member who'd want to cover the song even note-for-note will still be able to play along when recording their part.

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:46 am

alexmontero08

alexmontero08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
good luck guys. looking forward for the project. ^^,

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 16880211
Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 976811Every beat of drums, every strum of guitar, every slap of bass string, you form Music... Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:37 am

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
In the case of a male covering a female part, I think it sounds better to lower the key a bit so said singer can actually use some power and not completely falsetto the part. I am a Hard Rock/Pop/Metal singer and have done this so my vocal part sounds original and impressive, I've done a metal arrange of Hi-Hi-Hi before but my computer messed up and I never felt like redoing it. (I sing K-Pop too fyi lol)

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:48 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Like I said i dont think I'll do it haha I really think im not good enough lol If it was only the range maybe I could have tried to do it lower but I really think my voice just dont sound good lol

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
Shanipika wrote:Like I said i dont think I'll do it haha I really think im not good enough lol If it was only the range maybe I could have tried to do it lower but I really think my voice just dont sound good lol
Why not give it a try? (I've heard you .evilgrin. )

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:04 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
I let you guys choose what ever you want to do with this cover Happy
It might be interesting to add our own personalities in this cover. Sounds interesting.
@Shanipika If you want, you can give us a try of your vocal skill and we will give you our feelings about it but it might be cool to have a renewal in the current vocal line-up

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:22 am

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
babaloued wrote:I let you guys choose what ever you want to do with this cover Happy
It might be interesting to add our own personalities in this cover. Sounds interesting.
@Shanipika If you want, you can give us a try of your vocal skill and we will give you our feelings about it but it might be cool to have a renewal in the current vocal line-up
Hmmmmm let me do the stuff for sending his vocals :v he tried singing stamp, check this out Shan Singing

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:25 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
(I actually agreed with her sending this. I personally didnt think it was good but she think it is so yeah haha If you think its ok i can do that without the music playing and emmm i think if i sing haru vocal i need to not sing the ending like i did there too. Sorry for all the mistakes and emm yeah haha)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:39 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Shan, I can understand your apprehension. You won't win Canada's Got Talent, but...

... your voice was in pitch. Your sense of tempo is good. I agree with you on the slight wobbliness in the ad lib you did at the outro, but you did all right, son! ^^

When you said you have a low voice, I thought of Eddie Vedder (P Jam) which might be a tad too deep, but remember, HARU's voice is kinda low/deep compared to a lot of Japanese pop artistes.

I'm all for you singing the lead vocals for this cover, and you have my vote.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:26 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
Shanipika, you did great! Some parts could be worked on, but you did very well. I can tell from your recording that you're so focused getting the notes right, it didn't seem like you were getting into the song. You have the notes down! Smile a bit more when you sing this song and I guarantee you it will be 10 times better

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:26 pm

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
I agree! There are definitely parts/details to work on, but it was in pitch and and at the right tempo Happy

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 HO2yovn

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:52 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
All's quiet on this front. So, the band member roster is actually all filled, albeit with some roles in parentheses.

Marco - have you finally decided yay or nay?

If it's the latter, it'll allow magician to get cracking on recording the drum track. ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:38 pm

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'll back out of the drum track officially for this cover; maybe the next one! I'm sure magician will kill it though  Nice one

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:28 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
All righty, then. ^^

I think I should be fine with the video editing of this cover, so if the parentheses around my name on the pinned post in this thread be removed - that'd be great, baba.

May I make a request please to everyone involved?

It would be really awesome if the videos submitted for the final edit contain not just the actual playing/singing. Things like you getting your headphones on, switching your camera off/on -all those inane stuff. Those would be good to include in the final cut - if you see the video for Departure, I actually used some footage not in sync with the recording just because it looks good.

If you wanna 'break the fourth wall' like what marco did at the beginning and the end of the video, that's fine too.

I know not many people like to be on camera esp when this goes on the net - this can work with people on guitar/bass/drums, with the camera aimed at the instruments only, but prolly not very well with singing. If you wanna wear a mask (see neopode in Departure) it'll be a compromise. A singing headless torso on screen just doesn't cut it. hehe.

If indeed possible, I'd like all involved to submit a video please. Just record yourself on camera during the recording of the audio. It doesn't matter if your submission consists of multiple takes - the way I cut the video is such that it will look like one take. Just don't send stuff of you in a white T-shirt on Monday, blue hoodie on Tues etc... that'll spoil it hahaha. Just record one take - mistakes or otherwise. You can then fine tune your audio as many times as you want later. This way the video is all done and dusted at your end - I know people are busy and usually by the time the audio is done, one won't be in the mood to come back and record a video.

That's enough of me yappin'. By the way I know we have a deadline system here (which is great) but if my turn for submitting the rhythm guitar track arrives at about the first two weeks of January, I do hope you don't mind waiting a bit as I won't be available to do any recording/editing at that time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:09 pm

alexmontero08

alexmontero08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i agree with it. so it can be done in short time. kudo_maharizu wrote: Nice one All righty, then. ^^

I think I should be fine with the video editing of this cover, so if the parentheses around my name on the pinned post in this thread be removed - that'd be great, baba.

May I make a request please to everyone involved?

It would be really awesome if the videos submitted for the final edit contain not just the actual playing/singing. Things like you getting your headphones on, switching your camera off/on -all those inane stuff. Those would be good to include in the final cut - if you see the video for Departure, I actually used some footage not in sync with the recording just because it looks good.

If you wanna 'break the fourth wall' like what marco did at the beginning and the end of the video, that's fine too.

I know not many people like to be on camera esp when this goes on the net - this can work with people on guitar/bass/drums, with the camera aimed at the instruments only, but prolly not very well with singing. If you wanna wear a mask (see neopode in Departure) it'll be a compromise. A singing headless torso on screen just doesn't cut it. hehe.

If indeed possible, I'd like all involved to submit a video please. Just record yourself on camera during the recording of the audio. It doesn't matter if your submission consists of multiple takes - the way I cut the video is such that it will look like one take. Just don't send stuff of you in a white T-shirt on Monday, blue hoodie on Tues etc... that'll spoil it hahaha. Just record one take - mistakes or otherwise. You can then fine tune your audio as many times as you want later. This way the video is all done and dusted at your end - I know people are busy and usually by the time the audio is done, one won't be in the mood to come back and record a video.

That's enough of me yappin'. By the way I know we have a deadline system here (which is great) but if my turn for submitting the rhythm guitar track arrives at about the first two weeks of January, I do hope you don't mind waiting a bit as I won't be available to do any recording/editing at that time.

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 16880211
Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 976811Every beat of drums, every strum of guitar, every slap of bass string, you form Music... Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:05 pm

kasa8830

kasa8830

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/kasa8830
I am looking  forward for the final results! Good luck guys!!  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:10 pm

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
kasa8830 wrote:I am looking  forward for the final results! Good luck guys!!  Nice one

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 2 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:58 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Ok guys, let's start this cover !

I edited my first post with provisionnal planning. Cover will officially start next week (11/16) and expected end in February, 10 days for each role, not including 4 days remainder.

I'm going to PM everyone in case of people miss my post

Good luck everyone !  Nice one

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:04 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Tomorrow is the last day (planned + PM remainder) for the drum track by magician422. Does anyone have some news from him ?

If none, he will be replaced by someone else or we will use marcoatendido drum track

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:30 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I suggest keeping the final drum track open to everyone else for a little extended period of time, but here's my rough track to get y'all kickstarted ^.^

Drum Track

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:38 pm

magician422

magician422

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hey group, sorry for my disappearance.  My place was broken into last week and most of my equipment and my Macbook Pro were stolen.  It'll be a while before I jump back into playing again.  Best of luck to the group on this cover.

Ladies and Gentlemen
I'm about to introduce you to the best band around
SCANDAL
Often imitated, never duplicated
Stronger than the strongest man
Cuter than your best friend's sister
Sexier than s.e.x itself
Nice and smoother than silk
Like ice on a warm, hot, summer day
SCANDAL in the house
So let's everybody try it one more time
Come on three, two, one...
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:48 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
magician422 wrote:Hey group, sorry for my disappearance.  My place was broken into last week and most of my equipment and my Macbook Pro were stolen.  It'll be a while before I jump back into playing again.  Best of luck to the group on this cover.

So sorry to hear that, dude.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 am

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I need to know if Marcoatendido's drum track is the final one before I can record my part~~ 
「(゚ペ)

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:54 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
Time to give you some news ! I was pretty busy recently and I couldn't manage these thread properly.
It may be great if @marcoatendido can reply to @shirokun but concider that it's the final drum track.
I will modify previsionnal planning as we are really late this time... my bad ! The time you guys read these post, I re-planned from 12/18 for bass track and modify the rest. 

I hope yous guys practice well with this (huge) delay haha

SCANDAL live 

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.10.21 - TIMM
Live! 
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]