Go down

Ninth cover : Stamp! [Page 4 of 6]

Re: Ninth cover : Stamp!
Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:50 am

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, go for it... new years are always busy lmao My brother said he would but we have someone now so it's okay. I'm just ready for this one to be done ;w;

Btw... Sorry for the delay, turning 21 is "rough" lol

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:54 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
A first version of the lead guitar is done but where do I find a good .wav to .mp3 converter? Everything I find is all online conversion only.

Long story short, Audacity is not allowing me to export to mp3 (missing something or other) but I have exported it to wav format.

Btw, does anyone here use Audacity? Would like to get some pointers as I'm spending more time stuffing around with it than actually recording. I think the recording i have now is ok but I'm sure I can do a better job once I sort out some technical issues I'm having with Audacity.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:58 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
kFDzero wrote:A first version of the lead guitar is done but where do I find a good .wav to .mp3 converter? Everything I find is all online conversion only.

Not used Audacity for a long time. I remembered some plug in called LAME.

I think you can get it here:

http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Good luck.

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:49 pm

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I use Mixcraft 5 for recordings, though I do use Audacity to tamper with songs lol

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:50 am

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
You don't need to convert your file fromt .wav to .mp3 which is lossy format. I always send my track in .wav and no one had problem about it. I mean the one who did the mixing never asked me or pointed out that my track didn't work haha Btw, .wav is a lossless format so it's better

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The only prob is the file size. Guess I could set up a Dropbox account or something. The file sizes are 90mb each for the individual instrument and the combined version. I will try upload it as is later tonight and failing that, I'll try that plug in and worst case, use an online converter.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:47 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Actually, what did you use to distribute the .wav files previously as i assume they would have been of a similarly large size?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:37 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
You can upload your file on MEGA or mediafire.
You do not need to upload track with all instruments mixed. Only yours is important. If problem comes from the file size I don't mind you upload .mp3. It's all yours

Btw, edit your post or the wrath of moderators will come here haha

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:54 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Its pretty funny how I received this PM as I was about to write this xD

I'm going to try to do this later today or maybe this weekend. I already saw all the post here asking for me to post and I kinda extended my time to practice wasnt satisfied with what I was doing Sad sorry it took a while but I think I can do it. (I technically already have a version but I'd prefer doing an other one later today and send that one)

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:41 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OK guys, finally got Dropbox up and running.  Link to audio files below and will upload video tonight in the same folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhhhgqxdt4xxx08/AACFK8dMyvEZxFDikUjgWk50a?dl=0

Let me know if you guys have any troubles with the link. Also let me know if you want me to do another take of it and I'll see if I can get a better recording with Audacity over the weekend and do some more research on using it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:21 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Welp I did a version that i think isnt too bad just now? let me know what you think if I should redo it?

Vocal :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu7z5062twk4qin/STAMPSHvocal.wav?dl=0

Instrument+Vocal :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tn0psjje4dbigne/STAMPSHdrumbassrhythmgtrleadgtrvocal.wav?dl=0

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:41 pm

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, what Babaloued said. You don't have to upload all the instruments together, I just do it to make it easier for guitar parts.  .uhuh.

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:54 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I definitely agree that having a combined version uploaded helps the next person in line and now that I've figured out how to use Dropbox, the large file size doesn't matter.

My bigger problem is using Audacity while listening to a background track without overdubbing (think I have resolved the lag issue). At the moment, I'm playing the background track through media player separately while recording through Audacity.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 2:27 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
Welp I finally got to finishing my video parts. Guess who forgot that the ending had 2 voices and they mixed the audio files together and didn't leave them separate? So if you're wondering why one file has audio and the other one doesn't, that's why. I'm just gonna drop these here:

Main Backing Track Vocal

Backing Track 2 with no vocals for the ending part

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:32 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
kFDzero wrote:I definitely agree that having a combined version uploaded helps the next person in line and now that I've figured out how to use Dropbox, the large file size doesn't matter.

My bigger problem is using Audacity while listening to a background track without overdubbing (think I have resolved the lag issue). At the moment, I'm playing the background track through media player separately while recording through Audacity.

When I recorded my part, I actually played along with the actual SCANDAL track, as marco's original track was recorded with the same audio. It sync-ed with no problem at all. When I mixed it with shirokun's bass to pass it forward it was just drag and drop. Happy

Anyway, enjoyed the lead guitar (nice wah) and both vocal tracks!!! Looking forward to hear marco's final mix.

For the video bits, could you put them up as soon as humanly possible please.

May I humbly request (again) that:

1. you provide me a full unedited video, ie which includes you switching on/off your camera, etc as it adds character to the video as opposed to a bunch of rigid torsos playing a guitar etc. Have a look at the last cover video and you'll see what how, for example, marco and neopode broke the 4th barrier with peace signs and all.

Not that I wanna see an Oscar-winning performance, but just be your normal self as you would singing/playing a musical instrument! Happy

2. I understand some may be not want to have their faces in the video and that is fine too, but if I could implore shanipika - I hope you are all right with not being faceless in a video as a singer showing just a neck just.... doesn't cut it. If possible, please. If you really3x can't, you may perhaps wear a surgical mask like kasa8830 in the earlier SH Cover Band videos, or neopode in the Departure video.

3. marco-san! I can easily rip your YouTube video for this but I'd rather have a separate video file for the full playing and the kick drum shots. Do you mind sending those across please?

Woohoo. Can't wait to get this all together. I have an idea for this vid. It's not much actually but I hope to be able to execute it. To make this work, a video from each of you pretty please with sugar on top!

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:48 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
No problems with the video.  I will get to it when I get back home from a late dinner I have tonight. 

I was initially trying to get the video done at the same time but every time I plugged in the webcam, it caused audio recording issues with Audacity.  Yup, lots of technical issues as my old recording software setup was on my pc that died early last year (and I can't even remember the name of it lol).

Should be fairly straight forward though and hopefully no more technical issues that matter as audio isn't important. Fingers crossed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:09 pm

alexmontero08

alexmontero08

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
im looking forward on this guys. GAMBATTE!!!

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 16880211
Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 976811Every beat of drums, every strum of guitar, every slap of bass string, you form Music... Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 976811
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
My no end of technical issues continues... I couldn't get line in to work with the webcam on, even with line in selected instead of the webcam mic. Always seems to use the mic instead regardless. As audio isn't important, left it as mic recording for the video.

I also spent hours trying to get the audio to sync with the video and finally gave up.

In summary, video in link below but with crappy, stuttering, completely out of sync audio. But I think the video is usable. Let me know if this is unusable and I will see if I can resolve this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r4psnoj0brnh0o/STAMPSHleadgtr.mp4?dl=0

I had the backing track on repeat and fast forwarded towards the end to give me time to move in front of the camera before it started again.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:06 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
kFDzero wrote:My no end of technical issues continues... I couldn't get line in to work with the webcam on, even with line in selected instead of the webcam mic. Always seems to use the mic instead regardless. As audio isn't important, left it as mic recording for the video.

I also spent hours trying to get the audio to sync with the video and finally gave up.

In summary, video in link below but with crappy, stuttering, completely out of sync audio. But I think the video is usable. Let me know if this is unusable and I will see if I can resolve this issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0r4psnoj0brnh0o/STAMPSHleadgtr.mp4?dl=0

I had the backing track on repeat and fast forwarded towards the end to give me time to move in front of the camera before it started again.

I haven't got a chance to look at it yet as I am accessing SH on my iPhone. But not to worry... video editing can do wonders when it comes to sync-ing what is unsync-able. To an extent, that is.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:55 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ok, I just got the line in working for the video, it's still about a second or two out of sync but at least it sounds better than that crappy webcam mic version from before.  I've just deleted the previous copy and
the link the new file is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpjr8a6pvqwg1ma/STAMPSHleadgtrFinalVer.mp4?dl=0

Hope not too much has been done since yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:34 am

neopode

neopode

Caless Student
Caless Student
Dropping in after a while. Pretty excited to her what this ends up being!

I've been good and haven't clicked any of the parts yet. I want to see the finish product first haha Tongue

Bass:
Fender JB62 3TS
Fender Deluxe Active P Bass NBM With racing stripes

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 Wq37nTw
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:41 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
Sorry, I've been away from this thread for quite a bit. I'll work on the mix right now ^_^ sounds good so far guys. 

@Kudo-San I will try to scavenge for those original videos. They're somewhere in my laptop, but I'm having a hard time locating them ;-;

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 HO2yovn

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:54 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
First Edit

Let me know what you guys think. After listening to it, I already hear some things I want to tweak tomorrow, but please give me your honest opinions Happy

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 4 HO2yovn

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:45 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
marcoatendido wrote:First Edit

Let me know what you guys think. After listening to it, I already hear some things I want to tweak tomorrow, but please give me your honest opinions Happy

It's fantastic how the mix really makes it sound like we recorded all these together in a room somewhere. Nice work, marco-san.

Now to nit-pick but in a good way.

1. Some bits are a tad muddy and I may be guilty of that - do you want me to send you a lossless file omy part (the link I gave was a 192kb mp3 -gomen!).

2. I did an A-B comparison with the original track, so I am not sure if I'm treading on your toes here as you may have a different approach to the mix. In the original, the two guitars felt a bit more panned out to the right and left.

3. Still on the guitars, kFD's part feels a little underwhelmed at the bits where he does the bendy riff, eg the intro. In the original SCANDAL mix, it was a bit louder - but I agree with how you set the level of his riff in during the chorus .

4. Great work on shanipika's vocals. The kawaii's backing vocals' level also feels a little obscured in the prechorus. Like kFD's zero the her b/v sounded better in the mix.

Re: 3 and 4. Sorry for sounding like 'everything has to go up' hahaha. My comments are just they should go up a tad, but only in certain parts of the song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:44 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
Awesome job! Everything's super clear and the balance is pretty okay.

Just some things (I listened to this on headphone btw)

1. I don't know if it's just me, but the instrumentals go through this muted, then unmuted transition throughout the song. For example, a few seconds would muted, then the next few would be as clear as day.

2. Shanipika's vocals at the end for the "Everything's gonna be alright" part came as a jump scare for me. It was significantly louder at that specific part of the song, so just balance that part out a bit more.

3. Still on vocals, I think you should balance the lead and b/v a bit more. The b/v are supposed to be a quieter to feature the lead, but at the same time you don't want listeners questioning what that tiny voice is in the background. That's how I felt when I listened to this.

4. I agree with Kudo's comment about kFD's riff. You want that part to be more of a 'look at me' moment rather than 'here's the intro to the song'.

Overall, I am super impressed about this mix Happy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.