Go down

Re: BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』
Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:45 am

okiefan

okiefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
English subs added to the "FREEDOM FIGHTERS" studio live video (also convenient for those who live in countries that can't watch it on YouTube):

https://vimeo.com/204515396

This isn't in 1080p, but I've also added subs to a rip of "HELLO" from the web broadcast:

https://vimeo.com/204482308

#front-page
Thank you for doing the subs for these!! my question on the Tshirt editions, what size T shirt is included?  And I agree, the more we buy, the more we support the(our) girls!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:49 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
okiefan wrote:my question on the Tshirt editions, what size T shirt is included?

Already posted a while back here

With the Japan edition, it only comes in a Japanese L = US men's M.

With the JPU Records (UK) edition, you'll be able to select your preferred size. They're available from size S to 2XL.

BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:48 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
dchan419 wrote:ughhh i wasn't able to get the t shirt edition on cdjapan but bought the dvd edition..... if i want the shirt, would it be stupid to drop another 62 USD for an album/dvd i already purchased just for the shirt?

Many fans collect SCANDAL CDs, so a lot of us buy all of the editions or more than one edition when they're offered. Japanese artists offer more editions in order to sell more copies anyway; that's one of the reasons CD sales are still doing pretty well in Japan.

Think of it this way: by getting another edition you'd also be supporting SCANDAL even more, so definitely don't feel stupid in picking up another copy. Wink
Sold.(are you sure you're not making commission on this?) I ordered the t shirt edition from JPU. Not so much for the CD, but a couple bucks for some memorabilia is well worth it. I never realized how difficult it is to find certain goods. 

**stares at picture of dobondobondo hat**

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:02 pm

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Buying a couple of singles/album not that of a big deal here in Japan, there are some fans (of various idol groups) who buy like 50 odd copies of singles, yes it ends up propping them up in the charts. Its why physical media still sells very well in Japan due to fan support.

As a fan its up to you how you can afford to support them and how much you want the additional items. 

i.e. this time round for the Best album, there are multiple clear file folders, mug, dvd, t-shirt, posters, t-point card, talk event, multiple stickers in the regular edition etc. Typical promotional strategy in Japan. 

In return there is the postcard handing out opportunity and meet and greet lottery for people in Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:29 pm

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i feel you. it's all great marketing. I'm sorry if i made it seem like a big commitment or something, i was just getting some thoughts on ordering the t shirt edition in addition to already having ordered the dvd edition. I don't have any issues supporting artists. Actually i think the marketing is great, and more artists in the states should do so. You sometimes see pre sales where they may give you a poster or something if you commit to buying early but rarely different bundles with actual cool things. 

You're right, i'd buy a lot more copies if it meant more meet and greet lottery tickets!

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Liokt wrote:"FREEDOM FIGHTERS" is "fast & furious" side, aggressive as hell, with such a strong message; I see the instrumental as an improvement of their "garbage rock" sound of their so-commented early days, 

I think you mean "garage rock" Happy

I just got my copy today, the CD/DVD, which comes with a *really thick* sleeve. It's not like their other CD/DVD releases, partly because those were two total discs and this is three. So it's already double thickness, but they didn't have to make the sleeve itself so thick, and that's cool - it feels like quality. I do wish it had a pic of them on it, though.

I haven't listened to the older songs yet and actually I came here to see if anyone had commented on the "remasters", so thanks for that. I was wondering if it was really even worth listening to the album all the way through, since I have all but two of the songs on it already. But I will since you say they do sound different.

I do really like "Freedom Fighters", which to me sounds a lot like "Flashback No. 5", which I also really liked. I'm not sure I'd compare it to their early stuff, but it is really good, and I'm happy if they've progressed to this. I haven't yet warmed up quite so much to "Hello", though we'll see if I do in the future. Sometimes it just takes a little while.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Liokt

Liokt

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.last.fm/user/Liokt
spacecadet wrote:
Liokt wrote:"FREEDOM FIGHTERS" is "fast & furious" side, aggressive as hell, with such a strong message; I see the instrumental as an improvement of their "garbage rock" sound of their so-commented early days, 

I think you mean "garage rock" Happy

OMG, I wrote it so wrong! haha Forgive me, thank you for correcting.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:34 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Heh, yeah you're in the wrong place to call Scandal garbage... Wink

BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 9 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:54 am

okiefan

okiefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I got 3 regular sets and have a Rina sticker and a Mami sticker and a GROUP sticker!
And from what I have listened to so far, the Remasters are good, They brought the vocals up a bit
so the girls voices aren't getting lost in the mix.Thats just the first 4 songs on disc 1 so far.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:16 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hello has been growing on me.. The intro and chorus bits remind me of some of Silent Siren's stuff.
Freedom Fighters just continues to impress. I think I'm going to have to buy the DVD version just for the sake of it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:28 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

1st week sales:
* 31,180 physical copies according to Oricon (#2 on Oricon Weekly Album Chart, #1 on Oricon Weekly Rock Album Chart), 28,313 copies according to Billboard Japan (#3 on Hot Albums, #2 on Top Album Sales)
* 1,158 digital downloads according to Oricon (#10 on Oricon Weekly Digital Album Chart)

Weekly digital charts:
* Recochoku - #9 on both the general and the Hi-res chart
* Mora - #8 (FLAC)/#30 (AAC) on the weekly general chart

According to Mora's digital sales SCANDAL is really popular (#1 on weekly album sales) in Mie and Okayama Prefectures.

"FREEDOM FIGHTERS" and "Shunkan Sentimental" also charted on Billboard Japan's Top Radio Songs chart at #23 and #64, respectively. "FREEDOM FIGHTERS" also placed on Recochoku's weekly rock songs at 41st.

"FREEDOM FIGHTERS" also charted on Radio Television Hong Kong's J-pop chart (at #4, will most likely rise to the top next week, fun fact: this is already the sixth time a non-main single SCANDAL song charted on this list ("Secret Base (Kimi ga Kureta Mono)" (ZONE cover) at #1, "Satisfaction" at #1, "BURN" at #3, "How crazy" (Yui cover) at #1, and "SUKI-SUKI" at #1)

SCANDAL's total album+singles sales as of February 19, 2017: 1 490 041 (physical: 1 138 883 copies [of which are 705 from South Korea], and 351 158 digital downloads ("Shoujo S" - 100K, "Shunkan Sentimental" - 250K)

Last edited by sillentdx on Wed May 17, 2017 4:14 pm; edited 2 times in total

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:11 am

CanadianClub

CanadianClub

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That is great top know, thanks for the stats @silentdx Happy I am hoping this Best Album is a huge success for them !

@spacecadet....I am new to the total album sales aspect of Scandal. So the Best album has a physical sales of over a million copies already...but the Yellow album only sold under 100,000 copies total ? I know this is a Greatest Hits, but geez, that seems to be quite the difference ? Or, am I just getting this all wrong ?

@af8! Thanks for the clarification on the sales...that helps to put it all into perspective.I did think the sales would be higher, when you consider the size of the arenas that they fill and some of the festivals. I have only just discovered this amazing band and have bought 8 albums plus another version of the Best Album and 4 blu rays. I look forward to their future and will continue to collect what they have already done. I wish them continued and growing success Happy

Last edited by CanadianClub on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:48 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:42 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
I figured this album would sell well. 31,000+ copies in the first week is already close to the *total* sales of "Yellow". Guessing it will end up in the 50-60K range, which is pretty good when you add in the downloads as well. If you add up everything together, I'm reasonably sure it'll end up as their top selling album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@CanadianClub the million copies applies to all of SCANDAL's albums and singles. This means that if you add up all of their sales since DOLL (I'm assuming it's major debut releases) it totals to over a million. 

The album SCANDAL has only sold 31,180 copies. That's still impresssive, though, so congrats girls  Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:18 pm

Marine57

Marine57

Caless Student
Caless Student
I got mine yesterday from cdjapan.  I got the version with the DVD and forgot it came with the poster too.  It's amazing.  The quality of Japanese stuff, SCANDAL's, is far superior to a lot of stuff in the US.  That said, it's a beautiful 70 degrees in PA in the US.  On lunch I drove around listening to the first disc with the windows down, breeze blowing.  It's just pure happiness.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:15 pm

park23

park23

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I would buy it if I can find a way to avoid paying shipping taxes and maybe without VAT(19%) and a price around 20 euro . 30 euro is a bit too much for some remastered music Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:02 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Finally got my stuff in the mail. I love the mug it's really cute! But I'm still waiting on my Haru clear file. 
BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 9 33098139185_1bb42ce65b_k

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:56 am

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That looks great. I foolishly picked sal for shipping and I'm curious if the T shirt edition I preordered from jpu will wind up winning the race to Boston. Haha

Special Thanks NYC 09-2018
Feedback Store Patron 08-2019
Mirror World Tour Boston 07-2022
**signature inspired by tge**
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:06 am

Fox

Fox

Caless Student
Caless Student
Reachie wrote:Finally got my stuff in the mail. I love the mug it's really cute! But I'm still waiting on my Haru clear file. 

The mug is awesome, where did you order that from?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:21 am

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Fox wrote:
Reachie wrote:Finally got my stuff in the mail. I love the mug it's really cute! But I'm still waiting on my Haru clear file. 

The mug is awesome, where did you order that from?
You can get it from HMV Japan

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:35 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Not totally on topic, but kinda related - CDJapan are doing a promo on clearfiles if you buy one of scandals normal albums. No indication what the clearfiles are, but I'm suspecting some older ones? Anyone know?

*Normal as in previous albums that aren't their latest best album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:17 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

mio_akiyama wrote:Not totally on topic, but kinda related - CDJapan are doing a promo on clearfiles if you buy one of scandals normal albums. No indication what the clearfiles are, but I'm suspecting some older ones? Anyone know?

There's only one clear file in this promotion and it has the main promo picture for their best album on it. It can be seen in the photo Reachie posted (top left).

BEST ALBUM『SCANDAL』 - Page 9 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:50 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
My quick review with the two new songs in the album:

The Black Sabbath-inspired crunch and dance rock groove on Freedom Fighters is enjoyable. This would have been the right song SCANDAL encourage their fans to do stage diving at their concerts, LOL!

While, my current personal favorite Hello is a complete contrast to the former. I just love the song's lovely midtempo vibe, blending piano lines, and luscious guitar chords similar to bands like Matchbox Twenty, Vertical Horizon, and mid 2000s Garbage.

I am glad the album is reaching the 40K physical sales mark!

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:39 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Total sales as of June 4, 2017 (13th week, their albums usually chart for 11–13 weeks, with the exception of Best Scandal, Scandal Show and Encore Show, which charted for 21, 15, and 7 weeks, respectively): 43,239 (physical: 42,081, digital: 1158). This is their third worst selling full-length album after Encore Show (37,682, released in 2013) and Yellow (39,204, released in 2016).

On a related note; "DOLL" was certified gold in January 2017 for selling over 100,000 digital copies! This is Sca-chan's 3rd certified release ("Shoujo S" was certified gold in August 2009, and "Shunkan Sentimental" was certified platinum [250K sales] in January 2016). Hopefully the best album will boost the sales over 100K for their anime songs.

.clap.

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wonder if their long tour added to sales of the Best album. Does anyone know?
(I thought it was strange that "Space Ranger" didn't make it onto the album, and sorry they don't seem to play it anymore.)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum