Go down

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

The first episode of 2021 is the second "Basic Mistake Championship"! Is it possible to find all of the basic mistakes?

Episode #44 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 TjQzjZ7

HARUNA: Happy New Year! This is SCANDAL's vocalist HARUNA,

TOMOMI: Bassist TOMOMI,

MAMI: Guitarist MAMI,

RINA: And drummer RINA-chan.

All: (laughs)

RINA: Hey! Why does my program script say this?? This is so embarrassing, having this happening in the beginning [of the year]! I just read it as-is... What's with today's script?

HARUNA: Our staff suddenly gave these to us...
Well then, for this first episode of 2021, we'll be having fun while eating Meiji snacks this year too.

MAMI: The snacks in front of us prepared today... There's a pile of "Kinoko no Yama" (TL: Mushroom Mountain) which truly makes it a "yama" (mountain)... What's with this?

HARUNA: Today... A lot of things have already begun.

MAMI: ...eh?

RINA: ...what have?

TOMOMI: I mean, didn't HARUNA get to the recording location before us?

RINA: It wasn't a comment taken from a different program??

TOMOMI: That's what I'm saying...

HARUNA: Our staff suddenly gave these to us, and they're going to collect them in a bit.

MAMI: Eh?

RINA: What?

MAMI: That's scary... What?

TOMOMI: Ah... Are we restarting the episode?

RINA: Eh, eh?

HARUNA: Yes, yes, calm down a bit.
Let's begin!
This may be sudden, but...
A New Year special! The second "Basic Mistake Championship"!

RINA: So there's a second one...

HARUNA: NO MOO-RE basic mistakes in the Year of the Cow!
So, we will now give you your real scripts.

(*The fake scripts given to them initially were collected, and they were given new, actual scripts...)

MAMI: Yeah, the script that was given to me is huge...

RINA: MAMI's script is insane (laughs).

TOMOMI: The championship has already started!

HARUNA: To celebrate the new year of 2021, this project is back as a "New Year's special"! Does everyone remember it? The first one was back in August of last year... and today, there are 10 basic mistakes to be found during this recording. This project is about the three of you joining forces and finding them. By the way, I know what they all are. The person who finds the first mistake will be crowned "The Second Miss Basic Mistake"!
To celebrate the New Year, the "Basic Mistake Championship" is being held early in the new year!
Around the recording location there are 10 basic mistakes that never should have happened. This project in which the three other members aside from HARUNA work together to find the mistakes. The first one was in the summer, and this one today marks the second one.

RINA: I wonder how many we've already seen.

TOMOMI: I know one!

MAMI: Yes! Only my script is gigantic...

HARUNA: Ding dong! Only MAMI's script being huge is a basic mistake.

RINA: The figurine of the Victor dog (Nipper) that's always around [the recording location] is now a cow figurine...

HARUNA: Ding dong! Carelessly leaving this figurine because it's the Year of the Cow is a basic mistake.

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 SeqUuKf
*Cow figurine

TOMOMI: Ah, I know...!
"Chopped brown mushrooms" are hidden within the mountains on the "Kinoko no Yama" boxes!

RINA: Is that why they're piled so high...

HARUNA: It is a basic mistake that we prepared actual mushrooms instead of "Kinoko no Yama."

MAMI: (*Staring at the script) I know! The character for "cow" (牛) is wrong... It says "horse" (午).

HARUNA: How observant - ding dong! You guys are getting them fast.

RINA: Ah... So is the "Drummer RINA-chan" in the opening one of the mistakes too??

HARUNA: That's also a mistake!

RINA: Ehー! I just read it as-is...

By the way...the fake script looked like this⬇⬇

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 GIsHiL9

Look forward to hearing about the remaining five mistakes of the "Basic Mistake Championship" during the program!
Thanks for your continued support for "Catch up" this year too!

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Interesting to hear the members talk about their feelings as SEASONS concert began, in the livestream they did seem a little tense at first. Huge relief that no COVID cases were linked to the concert... I was frankly shocked at the close-seating arrangements. It hasn't been two weeks yet, but recently we're told that ten days is enough time to see if anyone is showing symptoms.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
etwee wrote:It hasn't been two weeks yet, but recently we're told that ten days is enough time to see if anyone is showing symptoms.

The concert was held on December 24th; it's been 18 days (going by JST) since then.

The post I linked to that contains the notice of no related cases linked to the concert: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t15262p50-scandalseasonscollaborated-with-naked#772840

was posted 16 days after the concert.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
meikam81

meikam81

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thought it was funny hearing Rina say "RINA-chan" with the other members laughing because that's not her style.

Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
The concert was held on December 24th; it's been 18 days (going by JST) since then.

Ah yes right! Lost in "COVID Standard Time," I forgot the concert's actual Dec. 24 date and went by the Dec. 29 date when the replay started. Thanx TGE! Sumimasen (whew)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 44

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 Eo4sbjF
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 6YTyZv0

•The program starts with this.

•HARU says that the remaining five mistakes might be a little harder to discern. TOMO then asks about staff member Kawai-chan presumably holding an acoustic guitar (RINA: "They look like a singer-songwriter"). HARU says that they'll continue the program while some background music plays. The others are confused, and TOMO goes, "Wait, wait, wait. I don't understand! What kind of reply is that?!" HARU laughs and Kawai-chan starts playing the guitar. TOMO goes, "That's so scary!" The three of them are confused at what's going on. HARU then says that six mistakes have been found. The others are confused again and RINA asks what the most recent mistake was. HARU says that the staff member playing guitar as their BGM, as they normally do not do this, is one of the mistakes.

•MAMI then asks HARU if there are any other mistakes that can be seen in plain view, which she says yes to. TOMO guesses that their program director now has 22 cups, which is wrong. They continue looking around before HARU and TOMO say that they should start reading some messages. HARU does reconfirm that there are things in plain view. MAMI goes, "Ah, our chairs are different!" HARU laughs and says that they're the same as before. RINA says that their chairs were always all different to begin with. HARU says that there are two mistakes that can be seen, and also says that they did the Kinoko no Yama thing a while ago but no one noticed. They're still confused and MAMI says that she doesn't know what they could be at all. HARU then gives them a hint that it's near their program staff members. After a few seconds, TOMO notices something about one of the computers, which then makes them break out into laughter. They go, "What's with that?! It's sooo small!" The "ding dong" sound plays and HARU confirms that it's a toy Macbook Air. RINA says that she didn't notice that before.

•They continue looking for more mistakes, which HARU and the staff laugh at. She gives them another hint that it's around their program writer Ono-san, who then tells the band to list their New Year's resolutions. HARU asks RINA to go first. RINA pauses and says she doesn't have any at all, which HARU and the staff laugh at. RINA says that this year is the band's 15th anniversary and the year that RINA will turn 30. Since she'll have been in the band half of her life so far, she wants to cherish both music and her life. HARU says that you start to think about things like that when you turn 30. RINA wonders if that's true, and that it's something she hasn't thought about until recently, and that she wants to have more fun things happen.

•HARU suddenly asks if MAMI's doing okay, which the staff laughs at, since she's still looking for what the remaining mistakes could be. HARU says that they might be hard to get. TOMO guesses that Ono-san is wearing an unfamiliar ring, which is wrong. MAMI mentions something about a white piece of paper, which makes HARU go, "Ah!" MAMI seemingly looks closer and wonders if one of the staff members lost their script. RINA says that it's blank, which is the right answer.

•There are now two mistakes remaining. HARU says that they may have already noticed one of them, and that the last one is pretty hard to spot. TOMO asks if it's something they've touched. HARU says no, but they should have already seen it. They wonder what it is for a little bit until HARU asks MAMI to say her resolutions. MAMI goes, "Eh? Resolutions? Resolutions...... What should I do in 2021...... Eh, I'm kind of unsure." HARU and the staff laugh at this. MAMI then says that she's kind of thought about it and then pauses for a long time again. They laugh again and RINA brings up the mistakes, asking if it has to do with a lot of packages that were brought in to where they're recording. HARU says that's not quite it, but that that's a good observation. They then wonder if someone's in disguise. RINA asks if it's someone they know, which HARU says yes to. She then says to remember back to the first championships. MAMI asks if she's talking about how there was different person (Yamada-chan, a woman) doing audio for the episode instead of their usual person (Kawai-chan, also a woman). HARU goes, "And...?" MAMI is confused and says that Kawai-chan is here for the recording today. HARU goes, "Instead of Kawai-chan was...? Who was that person?" MAMI says that Yamada-chan was the person who brought in all of the packages today, which HARU says is correct: Yamada-chan works for a takkyubin service. The others are surprised. MAMI says she didn't see her and RINA says that she had no idea at all. HARU says that she thought the others had seen her, which is why she gave the hint that she did. When they're recording Catch up, it's usually that a delivery man comes to deliver packages. Since Yamada-chan is a woman, they considered it a "basic mistake." The others say that was difficult.

•They go back to MAMI's resolutions, which she's still unsure about. HARU says there is one more mistake remaining but they're most likely not going to figure it out, so MAMI should focus on deciding what her resolutions are. She still doesn't know what to go with. The others say they can be anything. She finally decides that, as she love to make her own clothes and buys a lot of fabric for that, she will organize her fabrics. The others chuckle and HARU asks how many she's bought. MAMI says she's bought a ton. HARU asks if she's collecting them, and MAMI says that she often buys 2-3 meters of fabric at a time, so she has a huge pile of them.

•HARU then asks TOMO about her resolutions. TOMO says that she grew a vegetable garden on her balcony during the stay-at-home period last year but it didn't work out since the weather was too rainy. She basically could only grow one cucumber and a few strawberries, so she'd like to try doing it again this year and hopes that the weather's more stable.

•They then return to the last mistake. MAMI asks if it has something to do with Ono-san, which HARU says yes to. RINA thinks that it has something to do with the script. MAMI says that she doesn't see one. HARU says that they're close, and that you can see it if you change your viewpoint. TOMO says that there are loose threads [on Ono-san's clothing, presumably], which isn't correct. RINA says that they give up. HARU says that she'll then announce what it is. The correct answer is that Ono-san mistakenly brought soy sauce instead of coffee. The others say that they had no idea. MAMI says that she did notice that he wasn't drinking anything. HARU says that Ono-san often makes mistakes in the script too. They look at it and TOMO says that it says "Catch uppy." HARU says that it actually says "Cutch uppy." RINA asks if he actually made that mistake, which he says he did.

•The staff asks HARU what her resolutions are. She says that she's been drinking miso soup once a day for a bit now to improve her constitution. She used to eat bread for breakfast, but now she drinks miso soup instead. She adds in things like wakame (seaweed), mushrooms, and tofu. She'd like to try continuing doing this for as long as possible. She says that this alone helps to change her body, which the staff asks her in what way it changes it. She says a lot of stuff that I'm not going to list lol but basically, it's good for capillaries and your body feeling lighter overall.

•As they close out the episode, they say that since they already had this championship during the first episode of 2021, that means that this relaxing and peaceful atmosphere will continue, since that's how Ono-san does things. MAMI asks if that means that they're not going to do any recordings on-location, which HARU says yes to. RINA and TOMO both go, "What's with that?!" at the same time. They both say how doing those were pretty fun and that they were really looking forward to doing more. HARU says that they originally planned for that but can't do so anymore, but above all, the staff is enjoying this program, which the staff laughs at.

Back to top Go down
YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MAMI asks if that means that they're not going to do any recordings on-location, which HARU says yes to. RINA and TOMO both go, "What's with that?!" at the same time. They both say how doing those were pretty fun and that they were really looking forward to doing more. HARU says that they originally planned for that but can't do so anymore, but above all, the staff is enjoying this program, which the staff laughs at.

Eh? Does this means SCANDAL Catch Up will come to an end?
Or will they just do the recording remotely again on their own home?

The basic mistake episodes are fun, I just wish there's video instead of just audio, hahaha

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
YoonSic wrote:Eh? Does this means SCANDAL Catch Up will come to an end?
Or will they just do the recording remotely again on their own home?

Neither. They're talking about recording episodes at a different location other than their office, like this episode where they recorded at a park:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t14957p175-radio-program-scandal-catch-up-supported-by-meiji-apollo#771022

The word " on-location" is a movie/TV term that refers to filming something in a real-world setting instead of a studio. When you apply it to "Catch up," it means that they'd be going somewhere else to record a program instead of their management's office, which is where they usually record.

Back to top Go down
YoonSic

YoonSic

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ah, I see. I was worried for a moment
Thank you for clarifying it up!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Reading messages about impressions of the "SEASONS" concert held at the end of last year! Lavishly giving away Apollo pouches in place of New Year's presents!

Episode #45 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 N4Rphng

HARUNA: This week, we will be reading messages about impressions people sent about "SEASONS," SCANDAL's first and last solo concert of 2020 with a live audience.
...We will proceed while trusting our staff.

All: Understood.

HARUNA: We still don't really trust them...

RINA: We're recording two episodes in a row, and for the last one there was the "Basic Mistake Championship"...

HARUNA: So let's read some messages.

Ma〜kun (35 years old)

Good work with the "『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED" concert the other day!
I was thrilled to see the SCANDAL members in person for the first time in a year! Though there were 12 songs, I wanted to hear more SCANDAL songs.
The clarity of the images of the four seasons was also the best!
I was thrilled to receive Apollo chocolate at the exit afterwards!

I remember coming across Apollo when I was in kindergarten when it was served to me as a snack at my friend's house. It resembled the shape of Mt. Fuji and tasted like strawberries. I still like Apollo the most among sweets, and now that I've grown up, I especially love "Apollo my style."
Now, even my 4-year-old niece loves Apollo! We enjoyed the Apollo I received together! Thank you for a nice Christmas gift!

Delving more into my "Kinenbi" that I talked about before, I decided to leave the photo studio due to the downturn of the company. I talked about being unemployed, but I finally got a job! It's a construction-related job where I don't know right or left! I will do my best in photography as a hobby.

Being an Apollo lover, I would appreciate it if I could be gifted an Apollo pouch to celebrate my finding a job. I will also attend the MANIA TOUR 2021 next year!

I also want to see the members soon!

TOMOMI: They want an Apollo pouch after talking about their memories about Apollo...

HARUNA: They did find a job.

RINA: That's right. As a gift...

MAMI: Yeah, let's gift it to them! Congrats!

Nonbiri Necklace to Kiiro Down

SCANDAL, Happy New Year.
Thank you for the wonderful Christmas Eve at the end of last year.
If I were to write down my impressions, it would not fit into one program,
So I just want to say that TEAM SCANDAL and NAKED, inc., you guys are the best!

Since we were notified before the concert started that we'd be given a present when we entered, I was happy when I got it,
But I didn't think that we'd also be given a present when we left (and from Meiji Apollo, too...!).

Before the performance, I received the present at the time of admission because I had been notified in advance, but after the performance, when I returned (and from Meiji Apollo ...!)
I was so happy that the next day I bought all kinds of Apollo at a nearby store.
There are so many types out now!
Coupled with the memories of SEASONS, Apollo has become a sweet that makes me feel emotionl. My addiction to Apollo has begun.

...so I would like to ask SCANDAL.
I would like to take a commemorative photo of the Apollo pouch with these different kinds of Apollo, so why not give me an Apollo pouch as a New Year's present?

I always feel happy because of RINA and I feel bad for begging, so I'll send even more messages this year [than I did last year]. I'd really appreciate it.

RINA: They've all sent in a bunch of messages. And they're being very considerate when asking for them...

MAMI: Yeah, it feels like they're closing in little by little.

HARUNA: Let's give it to them. It's a new year, after all!

Takemaru

Good evening, SCANDAL.
I had a lot of thoughts in my head going to "SEASONS," but I'm glad I was able to go! It was a wonderful night.
I'm from Niigata, so when I thought, "Oh, I would have seen you guys on tour in April," I almost cried at the cherry blossoms in full bloom.
I finally cried when you took me along to see a fireworks display, which I couldn't go this year.
Those of us who were watching in the back also got a Christmas present with the acoustic song on the substage!
I usually only watch you guys performing happily on stage, but this time I was fascinated by the production and my time was split 50/50 between watching the two.
I thought, "The members can't see this happening in real time. Poor things."
It was a really nice night. Thank you very much!
I was happy to be given Apollo! As expected of Meiji!
Please give me an Apollo pouch! I beg of you!
An Apollo pouch, please!

MAMI: They're pressing us hard.

RINA: They're very straight-forward.

TOMOMI: What a sharp curve at the end.

RINA: Should we give it to them?

MAMI: Yeah!

HARUNA: Let's treat them!

Goriki Jizou

I went to the concert on 12/24
Thanks so much
My seat wasn't very good
So from a distance, MAMI looked like Emma from The Promised Neverland
That was the message I wanted to convey
A ticket to the MANIA tour might be hard for me to get, but I'd like to go to the Osaka-Jo Hall concert if I can get a ticket
Thanks to SCANDAL, I can do my best amidst everything going on!
Thanks so much!

P.S.
If you input "Mamitasu" (マミタス) into the Simeji keyboard, it predicts it as "mmts"
And if you put in "Timo" (てぃも), it suggests "TOMOMI"
And for "Rinariー" (りなりー), it suggests "RINA"
So, how can we get "HARUNA" to appear?

MAMI: Just put it in like that.

All: That's awesomeー

All: What is Simeji?

MAMI: It's an app called Simeji that allows you to change the background of your smartphone keyboard.

RINA: It's like changing a wallpaper.

All: ......

RINA: If you change your keyboard to that app and enter a name, the predictive text shows you related names even by just putting in nicknames.

MAMI: That's awesome.

HARUNA: I wonder why I don't appear...

RINA: I wonder. Maybe it knows that she doesn't have a nickname, but wouldn't "Haruna" [in katakana: ハルナ] come up as "HARUNA"?

TOMOMI: Maybe if you input "Haruna" in hiragana (はるな), "HARUNA" will appear in English.

HARUNA: I think it will. Yeah, let's go with that.

MAMI: Yeah, let's.

TOMOMI: Ah, they didn't ask for a pouch!

RINA: Oh yeah.

TOMOMI: ...do they not want one??

RINA: They said they just wanted to convey what they just told us.

TOMOMI: Then I guess they don't get one...

RINA: Please send in another message.

MAMI: Please ask for one.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 45

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 KgepRZe
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 SQ5LLMF

•The episode starts with this.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who is attending a vocational school specializing in music, broadcasting, and film at which they are a film major. Every year the school puts on an event where each major works together to put on one performance. They usually hold it at the Zepp Sapporo venue in front of an audience, but this year's event had to turn into a livestream event due to COVID. The listener was in charge of doing video switching and felt a lot of pressure when they heard it was going to be a livestream. There were some bad days and days when things didn't go right leading up to the event, but listening to SCANDAL's music made them feel more at ease. They said that they all studied camera work by watching live videos, and they, of course, watched live SCANDAL videos. Although there were some mistakes during the stream, they had a very good experience at the end of their student life. They also say that they'd love to shoot SCANDAL live in the future. The band thanks the listener and notes that they're working really hard. HARU mentions that this was yet another event that had to be turned into a livestream. RINA says that SCANDAL's team that films them are really amazing, so she thinks that studying their videos will be very helpful.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who went to the SEASONS concert and says it was so exciting to absorb music with their whole body at a concert for the first time in forever. They say that they can't keep depending on their parents and works a job to help support small things, which is tough for them and which they will continue to be busy with, but they thank the band for charging them up and say that they're looking forward to the fan club tour in the spring. The band reiterates that they're holding that tour in the spring.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who also went to SEASONS. Due "Departure" being played and the video played, it reminded them of their graduate school graduation ceremony that couldn't happen due to COVID and thank them for the best entertainment. They say that the band's shadows reflecting on the backdrop, especially RINA's as she was playing the drums, was so cool, and ask if that was intentional. RINA says that a lot of people have told them about the shadow thing, and that she didn't know that was happening, but it's probable that their team thought about that and shone the light on them to have the shadows on the backdrop.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who also went to SEASONS, which their first time seeing SCANDAL live. When "HARUKAZE," one of their favorite songs, was played, they got teary-eyed. They say they're sure that the band was really worried about holding the concert considering everything going on, but they say it was the best Christmas present and thank them for it. The band thanks them for the message.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who also went to SEASONS and say that they were really worried at first, but when it started, they were so happy that they cried. They say that seeing the band playing happily made them happy, and they had so much fun that they almost couldn't have cared less about everything that's happened. They say it might be difficult for them to go to a concert again due to them getting a job at a restaurant, but they're looking forward to when the band's able to play concerts again where everyone can get loud. They also say they'd like an Apollo pouch if possible. The band says that it's cute the way they asked for the pouch and say that they'll give one to them (RINA: "We're giving out a lot of them today"), especially since they're starting a new chapter in their lives.

•HARU asks the band what they thought of their concert. TOMO says that having fans in front of them made her realize how happy it makes her, and that even though everyone was wearing a mask and the band couldn't see their facial expressions, a lot of things were still conveyed. It was very touching for her. HARU says that they were pretty emotional even during rehearsals. RINA says that sitting on her drum chair made her realize that they were playing in front of an audience again, which made it feel like she was brought back to life. MAMI talks about their KFTD livestream and that there were only empty seats in front of them in the hall they were playing at, so at this concert the presence of the audience was directly conveyed to them. She really felt the difference between the two and felt happy they had a live audience. HARU says they might have been able to see everyone's faces more calmly than usual as they and the audience are usually making a lot of noise and everything. She mentions that they can make eye contact with the audience during ballads but can't really take that same approach with other songs, which is something they experienced for the first time. TOMO says that it has do with the selection of songs too. Everyone was listening intently while watching the screen too. RINA says that because they'll all be in their 30s as of this year, they like this kind of style of playing concerts. She also mentions the NAKED team and how they praised the band afterwards, and that all of them would love to work together again. HARU says that this concert was all thanks various coincidences and possibilties overlapping with each other. TOMO says that the warm applause they received when they first went on stage made her the most emotional. They then mention their upcoming fan club tour and their anniversary concert in August and hope that they get to see a lot of people.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

The third Fine Line Association! Can you eat oden or okonomiyaki with rice?

Episode #46 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 XD3bOdK

HARUNA: Two episodes have aired since the year started, but this is our first time actually recording an episode this year. Moreover, as our work this year is starting off with Catch up,
We're looking forward to your continued support. Let's have fun. So, this week is the Fine Line Association.

RINA: Yay!

TOMOMI: I'm happy.

HARUNA: RINA and TOMOMI's favorite Fine Line Association. By the way, if you put it in English, it'd be:
"Association of Borderline on Catch up," which is "ABC" for short [Note: A bit Engrishy, but the staff apparently wanted the ABC acronym lol. I'm still going to refer to it as the "Fine Line Association"].

All: Ohー!

RINA: It turned out nicely.

TOMOMI: That's so unusual. Good job!

HARUNA: Listeners continue to send in their opinions to ABC. This will be the third regular meeting.

→The fine line between kissaten and cafes

Tacchiー!

At kissaten, the owner is wiping down plates forever!
At cafes, they have fun with their name tags!

MAMI: I kind of get the atmosphere they're going for...

TOMOMI: I guess there are places like that... That's what it feels like.

RINA: I get the whole "owner is always wiping down plates at kissaten shown in drama or anime series." But have you ever seen that in real life? An owner wiping down plates the whole time?

HARUNA: That means that they're not actually working.

TOMOMI: Maybe they have some free time...

MAMI: Maybe the kissaten they frequent have unique cups and saucers, and that they wash the dishes right after a customer leaves, so that's why they're wiping them all the time.

→Bringing up a new item on the agenda

Yuichanpon

I love the Fine Line Association - it's so interesting and sometimes silly!

It's been cold days these days, so I have a theme that I came up with when I ate oden because I craved it.
When I was working in a nursery school, oden would be given for lunch.
On oden day they would have "furikake over rice," maybe because oden doesn't go well over rice.
However, I thought that some people might eat rice without eating oden.
It's the same kind of topic of whether you should eat okonomiyaki with rice on the side or not.

This might be a matter of personal taste,
But SCANDAL, by all means,
Please draw the line on what's a side dish or not!
Also, do the members eat oden or okonomiyaki with rice as a side dish?

RINA: Can you eat rice with okonomiyaki?

MAMI: You can.

HARUNA: You can, but I don't think anyone does.

RINA: I'd totally eat rice. It feels strange if you don't eat it.

MAMI: We wouldn't eat rice with it when I lived at home. But after getting to know everyone and knowing that there is a culture of eating it with rice, I actually started liking it.

RINA: It's normal for people from the Kansai area too.

TOMOMI: Yeah.

MAMI: Even with takoyaki?

RINA: Totally. If you put sauce on it, you can totally do it.

MAMI: You may be right.

RINA: What about oden?

MAMI: For oden, I totally think so.

TOMOMI: Same.

HARUNA: I don't know if I could eat rice with that.

TOMOMI: I know that feeling too, but if there is rice, I will eat it.

RINA: If you add rice to the last bits of oden broth, it kind of turns into ochazuke...

MAMI: I really like to put oden tofu on top of rice, mix it with broth, and eat it.

RINA: I really like that.

TOMOMI: It's delicious.

HARUNA: I see. It could fill you up.

TOMOMI: I want to be filled upー

RINA: Same!

HARUNA: I don't want to fill my stomach with rice...

RINA: I want to be stuffed with rice.

MAMI: I totally get that.

TOMOMI: I want to get rid of all the empty space in my stomach.

RINA: I want to fill it up! I want to eat until I can eat no more!

Back to top Go down
2many2no

2many2no

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
RINA: I want to be stuffed with rice.

MAMI: I totally get that.

TOMOMI: I want to get rid of all the empty space in my stomach.

RINA: I want to fill it up! I want to eat until I can eat no more!

.lol. 
I've only met these young women once, but they are so petite that the thought of them gorging on a mountain of rice is hilarious!

Everyone around me was wondering what was so funny, but I couldn't stop laughing...

まつげの先が頬をかすめる距離で 目が合ったら
When our eyes meet at the distance my eyelashes graze your cheeks
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

@2many2no

You have obviously not known Asian girls then, my wife is much smaller than me but she can eat twice as much as I can Happy

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 46

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 TtEj0xY
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 WhYgDRy

•MAMI reads the next topic from a listener: shuuji (習字) and shodou (書道) [this page explains it in English]. TOMO says she isn't sure but thinks that "shuuji" is when you look at an example and carefully write it exactly as it is, while "shodou" is painting with the brush however you'd like to. The others agree with her. HARU says that she thinks that they were taught shuuji in school, which the others agree with too. The staff interjects and tells them that what TOMO said is correct. The others clap and RINA goes, "As expected." They say that this was a good topic.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who suggest the topic of "anshin" (安心; relief, peace of mind) and "shinrai" (信頼; faith, trust), which they got from the book they're reading now that discusses the difference between the two. After thinking about it, they've concluded that "anshin" is when you feel relieved/have peace of mind just by being near someone [dear to you], and "shinrai" is when you leave something up to another person, you're trusting that they will do it for you. They say that they feel peace of mind ("anshin") every day because of SCANDAL's music and that they have faith ("shinrai") that they'll send them an Apollo pouch. The band laughs and TOMO says that she wants to give them 10 pouches (MAMI: "They don't need 10 pouches!"). After contemplating the topic for a few seconds, HARU says that it's probably what the listener mentioned, which is true. MAMI says that she doesn't think there needs to be a line drawn between the two. RINA agrees and feels that they more or less go together: You have faith in someone, so that's why you can have peace of mind. The band agrees to give them a pouch (TOMO: "Even if they didn't mention it, we would have given it").

•As the final part of the "meeting," they decide on the next topic for consideration by picking a card. The one TOMO draws is: tastefully done paintings and badly done paintings. The band thinks this will be an interesting one. HARU thinks it's a topic with one of those paper-thin differences, which TOMO says they've basically been doing all along. The others laugh and agree. MAMI says that there are basically no "badly done" paintings as there will probably always be someone who will be willing to pay for any painting. RINA says that it's kind of like testing out who is interested in something; she says, for example, she's bad at painting, but there probably would be fans who would think it's nice and make it into their profile picture. TOMO says it's also about whether or not something captivates you. RINA is reminded by the staff and she mentions that she bought some acrylic paints during their time off and painted something. She said that people said positive things about it, such as that it looks very RINA-like, but there were also negative things said about it, such as that it's sloppy. Then TOMO starts talking about a book she's reading about how Japanese arrived in Japan and how humans haven't changed in 38,000 years. I will not be summarizing this part, however, because it's too long lol

•As they close out the episode, they talk about how everything they were "saving up" during their break was released all at once today. They agree that the listeners' topics were good ones.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
2many2no wrote:I've only met these young women once, but they are so petite that the thought of them gorging on a mountain of rice is hilarious!

Haruna once ate 100 bowls of soba at a go as a challenge, and she's the smallest of the band  Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 1f602 there's nothing they can't do lol.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Holding "I see - The Catch up"! What's the origin of the word "koala"...?

Episode #47 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 EYs4I3Y

HARUNA: The fourth "I see - The Catch up"!
The staff creates a quiz related to the countries of overseas listeners who send in messages,
And the band tries to guess them.

So far...
We've done quizzes based on messages from the countries
Estonia, Malaysia, Argentina, Italy, Russia, and USA.

RINA: I have to say, again, that that's awesome.

All: It really isー

HARUNA: Let's get to "I see - The Catch up"! First, let's read this message.

Anton

Hello, SCANDAL! I'm a 26-year-old Australian. I'm from Melbourne and currently live in Brisbane. I make sure to listen to "Catch up" on Spotify every week. I only understand a little bit, but I always enjoy it! I'm a college freshman who works for a company called Qantas Freight at Brisbane Airport. My majors are linguistics and Japanese, but I've actually been studying Japanese for about two and a half years. I want to move to Japan in the future and become a translator. That's why I'm working hard every day! For my Japanese project at school this year, I translated the band's personal interviews from Scadal's [Note: This is what the message actually says; it's written in katakana as スキャダル (sukyadaru/scadal) instead of スキャンダル (sukyandaru/scandal)] "her" magazine into English. RINA-san's Japanese was really hard to translate! (lol) TOMO-san's talk about her plants was so interesting and adorable. And I'll tell you what: Scadal's song "Masterpiece" really helped me out. I'm scared of and don't like to do new things, but the line "I don't want to give in to my weakness" was especially powerful for me! It's so moving that it basically makes me cry. I believe that music has the power to change people's hearts and the world! Thank you, Scadal, for always making great songs. I hope I can go to the concert at Osaka-Jo Hall! I'm looking forward to hearing new songs too!!

All: Thanks!

HARUNA: We didn't translate this; this was sent to us in Japanese.

RINA: Eh! That's awesome, [doing so after studying for] two and a half years...

HARUNA: It is. They can totally become a translator.

MAMI: They're also able to translate RINA-chan's difficult Japanese. [Note: It certainly can be difficult to translate RINA's Japanese at times due to all of the Kansai dialect she uses when speaking lol]

RINA: If you can translate RINA's Japanese, you can translate anyone's Japanese!

HARUNA: So here's a question about Australia!

Koalas live in Australia...
And "koala" is an Aboriginal word.
What does it mean?

MAMI: Eh, what does it mean?

TOMOMI: I know! Lazy person! (*Bzzt)

MAMI: Animal (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Sleepy (*Bzzt)

HARUNA: Nose (*Bzzt)

Staff: This is quite difficult. It's basically "Doing ___"...

RINA: I see...

TOMOMI: Eating bamboo! (*Bzzt)

MAMI: ...wouldn't that be a panda?

TOMOMI: Ah, that's true. Eating eucalyptus (*Bzzt)

HARUNA: Walking slowly (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Always sleeping (*Bzzt)

RINA: Hugging gently (*Bzzt)

MAMI: Grabbing onto trees (*Bzzt)

RINA: Cute face (*Bzzt)

MAMI: Question! Does it have to do with koala-related behaviors we know about?

Staff: Yes...

TOMOMI: Breaking down toxins by making use of their long intestines.

HARUNA: You know a lot about koalas!

Staff: Hm, please say it again.

TOMOMI: Breaking down toxins by making use of their long intestines.

Staff: Ah, you're kind of close...

HARUNA: Does it have to do with their bodies??

RINA: Their bodies, huh. Does it have to do with eucalyptus??

Staff: It doesn't.

RINA: Eating and digesting (*Bzzt)

Staff: You're almost there...

Back to top Go down
GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
TOMOMI: I know! Lazy person! (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Sleepy (*Bzzt)

TOMOMI: Always sleeping (*Bzzt)

That bit made me chuckle, Tomomi basically said the same thing three different ways in the hope one would be right. Simple things please my simple mind.

Koalas don't drink or hardly drink so it's something to do with that I think.

Last edited by GT on Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add Tomomi quote so copied and pasted.)

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 47

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 Cq8eQ9h
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 ViJEL4C

•The band continues guessing what "koala" means. RINA says "Eating and absorbing the food" (*Bzzt). The staff gives them one more hint: "Not doing something." MAMI says "Not eating foreign matter" (*Bzzt). The staff says that it's something basic. RINA says "Unable to digest everything" (*Bzzt). HARU says "Not eating meat" (*Bzzt). RINA asks if it's something that she can't do; the staff says no, and that it's something that all of them can do. TOMO says "Unable to eat as much as possible" (*Bzzt), which the band laughs at. MAMI says "Gluten free," which the others laugh at too, and which is not the correct answer. The staff tries giving them more hints, like it's something that other animals must do and is something vital/foundational for humans. TOMO says "Living" lol (*Bzzt). RINA guesses "air" and "oxygen" (*Bzzt). Finally, HARU guesses "Not drinking water," which is the correct answer. The staff explains that koalas get their water from eating eucalyptus leaves, which have a high water content, and which is why they weren't observed to come down from trees often. They say that was a difficult question to guess the answer to.

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener in the Philippines who said they were to see the band in concert before the pandemic happened, and they thank the band for their music helping them from feeling down. This is the quiz question about the Philippines:

Like Japan, the Philippines is composed of islands of various sizes. Japan consists of 6,852 islands. How many islands does the Philippines consist of?

•TOMO guesses 12,453 (RINA: "That seems likely), though that's a wrong answer. MAMI guesses 8,998 (*Bzzt). RINA guesses 10,502 (*Bzzt). They wonder if it's actually less than Japan's count and RINA and HARU both say 4,000 (*Bzzt). The staff member says that there are a lot of islands. RINA then says 36,000 while the others laugh and HARU goes, "How small would the islands be then?!" (*Bzzt). TOMO says that just looking at the Philippines you would guess that there are a lot of islands, but that's not the case with Japan--nevertheless, Japan does have over 6,000 islands, so the Philippines is bound to have a lot more than that. RINA guesses 9,800 (*Bzzt). MAMI guesses 7,431, which the staff says is pretty close to being correct: 7,641 islands. TOMO says that that's not too different from Japan's count. The staff agrees, and also says that until a few years ago the official island count had been around 7,100. MAMI wonders what makes a piece of land officially an island. The staff says land counts as an island if it's surrounded by water. The band is most surprised that Japan has 6,852 islands. RINA says that despite living in a country for your entire life, there can be so many things about it you don't know. They say that was a fun question.

•Next, MAMI reads a message related to music. The listener plays guitar and suddenly wondered something related to music. They say the know there are differences in how people perceive tones and asks if there's a line between clean, crunch, overdrive, and distortion tones. They also ask if the band has a measuring rod as criteria for selecting a tone. MAMI goes, "How long has it been since we discussed music-related things [on this program]?" which makes the band and staff laugh. RINA says that they might have never discussed music stuff on the program before. MAMI says that there's no real line between the tones the listener mentioned as all of those settings are different to begin with. She says that of course you can of course distort the tone a little with an amp, but the easiest way to do it would be with effect pedals. As for how the band selects tone, MAMI says that it's changed for them little by little. It used to be very distorted, and when the band first started out she and HARU would basically both be playing power chords the entire time. HARU says that they've been going for clean tones recently. She also mentions that she uses two different amps to produce the sound she wants: She uses her SHINOS amp for cleaner tones and her EVH amp for distorted tones. MAMI says that tones also vary by song. She says that there's a difference in sound between recorded songs and when they're played + heard live, and hearing songs live will help you see the difference between the two. She talks about how you can basically do whatever you want when recording a song, like changing tones wherever you want, but that can't be done for live performances. When creating live tones, they think about how much a tone can be reproduced with one guitar and one amp. Since what can be physically done is different, they make full use of pedals and such.

•The episode closes out with HARU reading a message from the listener a few episodes ago who had been given an Apollo pouch after asking the band for one so that they could see how many pieces of Meltykiss chocolate could fit in it, and the answer is 9 pieces.

Back to top Go down
meikam81

meikam81

Caless Student
Caless Student
That would be awesome if SCANDAL were to ever tour down under in the future.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

A mini strategy meeting for new program merch! We're also looking for merch ideas from the listeners.

Episode #48 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 HwfwCZv

HARUNA: Although we recently did this, we'll be holding an emergency "Fine Line Association" meeting this week...

RINA: Eh, did something urgent happen?

HARUNA: I'm kind of scared... but let's get right to it.
It seems that there are times when opinions are divided among the association members...
I'll be introducing two messages.

Tomatoma

This is my first message.
Something I've always been interested in
Is kind of the same vein as "Can you eat oden with rice?"
I've always been interested in this.

Does KFC go with rice?
I eat it with rice, but the people around me are surprised at that.
When I looked it up, it seemed that there are differences depending on the region.
I wonder if those in Kanto, Kansai, and SCANDAL eat it with rice or not.
I would like to hear your opinions.

Uracchi

Hello, SCANDAL!
You talked about the borderline of things going with rice,
And I think that it depends on if it flavors the rice when you add the item to the rice. So for me, Chinese food is the strongest dish that goes with rice! On the other hand, I can't eat rice with fried food such as karaage! haha
Even if the fried food is put on top of the rice, the rice will get oily just by putting the food on it and won't make it taste good, so it's closer to being an a la carte dish.
That's what I think the borderline of things going with rice is!

HARUNA: It's a problem of whether or not something goes with rice.

TOMOMI: Karaage and KFC chicken are kind of different from each other...

RINA: I totally get that! They are different.

MAMI: But if I was told to eat KFC with rice, I could eat it.

TOMOMI: I wouldn't really be willing to do that.

RINA: Same here. I've never eaten it with rice. It's the first time I'm hearing about that.

MAMI: Really? I've never eaten it [with rice], but I could.

RINA: It's not the culture in the Kansai area to do that. Doesn't KFC seem more like a snack?

TOMOMI: It's often eaten as a standalone meal.

MAMI: But you know that karaage goes together with rice, right?

(Staff: That seems like it's Aichi Prefecture culture...)

MAMI & HARUNA: What!?
(*Both are from Aichi Prefecture)

HARUNA: I had no idea... I guess we're not Aichi citizens...

The meeting at the end of the episode:

HARUNA: We have a problem of giving away too many Apollo pouches... We do give them out right away.

RINA: We're aware of it, but we unconsciously give them out.

HARUNA: It'd be nice if we had other items...so:

We have a few ideas
「Hey! Teacher T-shirt」, shortened to 「HeyT」
「A...pollo shirt」
Those are heavily influenced by the program...in terms of the naming sense.

RINA: Heavily influenced for sure...

HARUNA: Also,
「"With this, you too are a master with a sixth sense for roundoffs" Wristband」

MAMI: Wristband?
That's the guy who I liked in middle school who did roundoffs. I talked about that before.

HARUNA: You were taken aback by him.

TOMOMI: I mean, what about stickers?

All: Stickers sound good!

HARUNA: Just a regular program sticker.

MAMI: A Fine Line Association sticker.

RINA: Let's make segment stickers.

Back to top Go down
Steadystate

Steadystate

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Does KFC go with rice?
I eat it with rice, but the people around me are surprised at that.
On one of my visits to Vietnam many years ago, I noticed that the KFCs there sell the chicken in sets with rice; not sure whether that's still the case now. It was surprisingly delicious 😋

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 48

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 0dFCtuk
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 ZJX5I2V

•They continue talking about KFC. A staffer says that KFC in Okinawa also offers rice. TOMO says that it seems that the president of KFC in Okinawa said that he's considering offering a set of chicken with rice and draft beer. MAMI says that KFC currently offers stuff with bread such as burgers or biscuits, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to offer rice too. HARU says that she just remembered that KFC used to offer a chicken rice balls, which the others are surprised at. They start talking more about other chicken and rice-related topics that don't have anything to do with what was talked about before this, so I will not be including it lol

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener who asks the band to draw the line between nikuman and butaman [Note: The word "niku" refers to meat in general while "buta" means "pork/pig"]. TOMO then reads the next message right after, with this listener saying that their view of the world has diversified since the Fine Line Association was started and asked the band the same thing as the previous listener: Draw the line between nikuman and butaman. The band laughs and RINA goes, "Is this segment really that influential?" TOMO thinks that the difference between the two "mans" are related to dialect, which RINA thinks as well. Both TOMO and RINA, who are from the Kansai area, say that the Kansai area calls them "butaman" and TOMO gives the example of popular restaurant 551 Horai that are known for their butaman. She also says that they don't really call them "nikuman" in her hometown. MAMI asks if the buns sold at convenience stores are also called "butaman," which both TOMO and RINA say yes to. HARU, who's from the Chubu region/Aichi Prefecture like MAMI, says that they weren't called "butaman" where she's from. The band agrees that it's a regional difference despite the food being the same. HARU also says that she sort of doesn't like the word "butaman" due to what she pictures when she hears it. TOMO says that it seems like 7-Eleven differentiates between the two: The buns they sell that contain just pork in them are called "butaman" while the buns filled with pork + chicken are called "nikuman." This is why she thinks that the name(s) depends on the place that's selling the buns. The others agree and that it depends on what meat is in the buns as well. HARU wonders if those in Kansai only use pork in them. TOMO says that places near her hometown only put onions and pork in them. She also thinks that 551 is the same. HARU says that there aren't really any local bun places like that in Aichi; she can only think of convenience stores selling them. MAMI agrees and says that there aren't really a lot of places like that in that area. Pretty much only Chinatown areas or Chinese takeout restaurants had them, but you'd usually go to a convenience store if you wanted one. They all agree that 551 has been a huge influence on these buns, and that the name depends on the region.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who works in the medical field and proposes a borderline topic that has to do with essential/nonessential lines of work. They ask if whether the music industry should refrain from doing things like holding concerts. They've always loved music and going to concerts; it encourages them to do their best in order to do things like buy CDs/DVDs and attend concerts, which gives them motivation to work hard at their job. That's why they don't believe that SCANDAL's music nor concerts are "nonessential and non-urgent." At the end of the message, they ask the band to give them an Apollo pouch. The band laughs are the sudden change in the message.

•RINA says that it's not something they've said expressly, but they've thought at least once that concerts might be "nonessential and non-urgent." HARU says that they were really nervous holding their SEASONS concert and although they were taking measures to ensure safety, they didn't know how much that could realistically cover. However, since there were no cases connected to the concert, they're glad that they held it. MAMI says that after being thorough in your preparations, you just have to believe that people will come out. TOMO says that she's happy the listener's motivated, which in turn makes her feel motivated, so although this makes her want to say that concerts and stuff aren't "nonessential/non-urgent," there are of course some people who do feel that they're nonessential. In the first place, she says, there are those who enjoy going to concerts and those who don't. Those who don't may say that concerts are nonessential, but it doesn't matter which way of thinking is right or which one is wrong. The borderlines are thus different. RINA says that she thinks it's most unnecessary for people to clash with each other, and that the only thing one can do is to live a life that you think is right. The rest agree and say to cherish what's important to you while following any rules. RINA says that they're already talking about plans for the end of this year and also what kind of year this should be for them. They're doing a lot of prep work while constantly being in a state of "If we can play a concert on such-and-such day, then we'll try doing it." HARU says that they've already announced some things and that they're taking measures daily in order to do what's planned.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who asks the band what the line is between the word "hitori" (one person) using a number and kanji, "1人," or writing it as "独り" (which uses the kanji for "lonely"). They say that they saw super pictures of small-clawed otters on Twitter the other day and wanted to go see them, so they went to the Sunshine Aquarium in Tokyo. They wanted to take a picture of it so they decided to go alone, even though their friends and senpai said they shouldn't go alone. They did, but they did feel a little lonesome since there were mainly couples and families there. They think that if you're having fun by yourself, then that's all that matters. They ask the band what they think. They say that spelling it as "独り" does make it seem a little lonesome while "1人" is more numbers-oriented. They say that being alone isn't a negative thing; you can be perfectly happy being by yourself and that you can have more freedom to basically go wherever you want. The staff asks them if a lot of people go to SCANDAL concerts alone, which the band does think there's a lot of them. They say that they've heard of times when people go alone but end up getting along with someone else who's come alone too, and that it's fun to enjoy something you like with someone else who also likes it.

•The episode closes out with the latter half of this.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

It's almost Valentine's Day! Chocolates and love advice!

Episode #49 blog

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 2Wx5WRU

HARUNA: Let's start off with a message...

mimry, Hokkaido

This is mimry, who received an Apollo pouch during the midwinter clearance mails.

The Apollo pouch that I received is very cute, and I'm looking forward to stuffing it with caramel butter-flavored Meltykisses and taking them to work for lunch. Thank you for a wonderful Christmas gift! I also have something to report. The message you guys read was about me asking for this advice: "I'm afraid to love people after being dumped during high school by the boy I loved. What is 'true love'?" One month after that, I got a boyfriend...!

I enjoyed Christmas Eve alone, but when I talked with a guy I met as a friend of a friend and talked about how we'd like to go out for yakiniku and that we'd likely be spending Christmas alone, we went to eat yakiniku together on Christmas. Someday after that when we became friends and kept in touch, he confessed to me and we started dating.

TOMO-chan had said, "Isn't it fine just to be on the level of, 'I want to be with this person presently?'", which made me really relax, so I hope I'm able to enjoy the present with him.

Thank you to HARU-chan and RINA-chan who sympathized with my worries, and to MAMI-chan who unraveled what I wanted to say! It's almost Valentine's Day; I'd like to throw a part with Meiji sweets. Does SCANDAL have any Valentine's Day-related memories?

All: Glad to hear that.

MAMI: That's so nice!

HARUNA: Life sure can change in one month.

Since the listeners of this program are outstanding, and it's almost Valentine's Day, they've even though about planning something... We've adopted the "It's almost Valentine's Day; I'd like to throw a part with Meiji sweets" sentence as-is. So...

That being said,
"It's almost Valentine's Day! Chocolates and love advice" (バレンタインデー直前! チョコレートで恋愛相談; Balentain Dee Chokuzen! Chokoreeto de Reinai Soudan)
AKA, "Choku-reeto" (直レート; Chocolate!)

RINA: "Chocolate," huh...

MAMI: I didn't get it at first...

RINA: It's taking the "choku" from "chokuzen."

HARUNA: We'll be reading some love advice messages like usual, but this time we'll be recommending chocolates after reading the messages.

RINA: Something sweet for mimry would be nice.

TOMOMI: But since the episode just started, let's recommend the classic bittersweet one.

MAMI: That one's delicious.

HARUNA: We recommed the Strawberry Chocolate!

RINA: Eat it with your boyfriend.

They can't give out presents, so they're only recommending sweets!

HARUNA: Continuing on...

Uーtan

Hello, SCANDAL. I'd like some love advice. I'm in love with a man I got to know on a radio streaming app. I became a fan of him when he used to do this as a hobby, and from there we gradually became friends. I really like his voice, his way of thinking, and the personality he exudes. He says he likes me too, and we interact via the app on a daily basis. We'd both like to meet each other, but we live far away from one another and we don't know when we could meet at this time. I also don't know if I can say that I'm in love with someone who doesn't know my face or full name yet. However, it's true that I do like him as I have fun talking with him, and that this could be also be a form of love. But I've never experienced online romance and am very confused. I'd like for things to develop more if possible, but we've discussed that our real lives are our priority and I'm also joining the workforce in April. I'm worried that I can't see a future in this relationship. So, I would be grateful if SCANDAL could give me some advice and words of support. Also, do you think there is a line between online romance and real-life romance?

TOMOMI: So it's about whether an "online" romance counts or not...

RINA: But it's more common now for people to meet like this.
You guys have started things off, haven't you?
Ask for each other's names now. Wouldn't it be nice if you guys could spend more time getting to know each other?

TOMOMI: If you like each other, you're bound to meet up one day.

MAMI: Since things are how they are right now, for better or worse, I think it's a good situation to enjoy having a long-distance romance, and not knowing each other's faces or names.

RINA: You can look forward to the future.

MAMI: And hope that you can meet up when things settle down...

HARUNA: What chocolate should we recommend? Maybe something simple.

MAMI: We recommend Meiji's Milk Chocolate!

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

【Translated Summary】
『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Episode 49

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 Xv2QifM
Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 0CQ2dXR

•TOMO reads the next message from a listener whose boyfriend of four years, who hadn't found a full-time job since graduating college two years ago, will be moving next month to start a job in Tokyo while she will be remaining in Okinawa, which will make their relationship a long-distance one. She's glad he found a job and wants him to do his best in Tokyo, but she's nervous about the sense of loss she'll feel since they've been together for four years. She asks the band how she can overcome the loneliness and pain of a long-distance relationship. She also asks the band for a pouch since she'll be sad being all alone. The band agrees that the distance between Okinawa and Tokyo does feel a bit far (954 miles/1536 km) and wonders if the couple has talked about the future; since they're both adults, it'd make sense for them to have that convo. They also wonder if her going with him isn't an option. MAMI thinks that now that he has a job, maybe now they can give their future together a little more thought. RINA suggests that they should both just wait a bit and see how things go since the girl's mentality might change and the guy's might as well due to all of the changes. She also suggests making sure to keep in touch all the while and also to go meet up with each other when their timing coincides. MAMI says that ordinarily, if you've been going out for four years, this kind of thing isn't something to hide from your partner so it's okay to tell them that you'll miss them. She also says that the guy most likely also has things he's worried about as well, so it'd be nice if they could share these things with each other. RINA says that if they can overcome this, that means their relationship is strong. As for the recommended chocolate, since the listener asked for an Apollo pouch, TOMO thinks they should recommend Apollo. MAMI suggests Meltykiss instead, which they go with.

•RINA reads the next message from a listener who says that the other day the girl they had a crush on told them, "I can't date you. I'm fine with just being friends," which shocked them since they loved her from the bottom of their heart and thought the atmosphere was good when they were together. They couldn't stop crying after being rejected. They ask the band how they can get back on their feet again. The band is kind of confused about some details. RINA wonders if they didn't actually confess their feelings to the girl they had a crush on, but the girl just told them that they couldn't date them. HARU believes that to be so, and MAMI goes, "They didn't?" RINA doesn't think so since the listener didn't expressly say that they confessed. TOMO thinks that they did in fact confess but just omitted it from the message. HARU says that being rejected even though one hasn't confessed does happen. RINA thinks that maybe the girl had an inkling of what the listener felt and rejected them before they could confess, which the others agree with. RINA then asks the band the question the listener asked about getting back on their feet after being rejected. MAMI says that she immerses herself in something else to take her mind off of things and trusts that time will heal the wounds since she's the type of person that believes time heals everything. RINA says that feeling this way can't really be helped, which the others agree with. HARU suggests finding benefits in not being together. TOMO says to turn those negatives into positives, which the others laugh at. RINA asks HARU if she means things like you have more freedom since you're single. HARU says yes, and other things like there might be restrictions on things if you were to go out with so-and-so, or you might have not met this friend, though you might be really forcing yourself to think of reasons. TOMO laughs and says that might be a good method. The others laugh too and RINA says that that way of thinking is very HARU-like. TOMO says that they'll definitely find another person who's that important to them, and think of this in vein that they'll have new connections because of this. The band says they're rooting for them. As for the chocolate, TOMO immediately says that they should recommend a bitter one, which makes the others and their staff laugh. They recommend The Chocolate with 70% cacao.

•MAMI reads the next message from a listener who lives with their boyfriend and their conversation flowed into the subject of marriage, to which the boyfriend said that he'd like for them to talk more about it next year if/when COVID is less prevalent. The listener felt like that was kind of like a proposal and felt bashful thinking that they'll be his wife. The band thinks it's super cute and TOMO recommends Choco Baby to them, which the others laugh at. HARU says they recommend a giant-sized Choco Baby, which MAMI wonders if they even make in that size [Note: They do lol]. HARU says she wants to ask a little more about the boundary line when it comes to proposals. TOMO asks what HARU means, and she wonders if you call it a proposal when a conversation like that comes up, or when you officially get a ring. MAMI says that in the listener's case the topic of marriage came up naturally in their convo, so it wasn't quite a proposal. RINA says it's like a provisional proposal, like the boyfriend is suggesting he'll propose later. HARU says sharply, "He'd better do it properly!" The others laugh and TOMO goes, "Did something happen?" MAMI references the lyrics in "Stamp!" and says that he's already done a hop, step, and jump and took two steps at a time, and saying that they want to talk about marriage later basically means that it's a done deal. Their staff then asks them a question that can't really be heard clearly, but it has something to do with something before a proper proposal. The band says that might not be the case, and RINA says that she'd be happy that they thought about it. They also say that they'd want the BF to do a proper proposal. RINA says that it'd probably make the listener the most happy if the BF outright asked them to marry him. If he were to do something like go see her parents on a Sunday, she'd probably be like, "What?!" and that wouldn't be any fun. MAMI says that she saw a story on the news where a BF gave a ring to his GF without really saying anything in advance and just saying something like, "Oh, I bought this." TOMO says that he was really confident. MAMI says that when he gave the ring to the GF, she was just like, "...excuse me?!" RINA and HARU say that they totally get that. RINA says, "It's like, 'Why did you think the only thing I'd say is yes?'" and that you'll never know the answer until the very end. She also says that people should regard the importance of words even more. MAMI says that the listener's BF sounds like a good one and that she thinks he'll propose properly.

•HARU reads the next message from a listener who thanks the band for reading their message on a previous episode. They were happy and told their wife about it, who was happy for them. They decided to listen to it together while having a picnic at the park. The band says that that's really cute and recommends Takenoko no Sato or Kinoko no Yama to them.

•TOMO reads the next message from a 50-year-old listener who became a fan before they knew it while listening to SCANDAL in their husband's car. They say they'd like to see SCANDAL live one day and ask for an Apollo pouch to take to the concert. Since the listener even knows about the pouch, MAMI calls them a heavy listener. RINA says that they surpassed their husband as a fan.

•HARU reads the last message from a listener who's written in several times before (one of the ones who plays Ultimate Frisbee). Since this year is the Year of the Ox ("Ushidoshi" in Japanese), they talk about something that they've lost ("ushinau," which means "to lose" in Japanese) in the past year, which is the Ultimate Frisbee World Championships that had to be postponed due to COVID. The tournament happens once every four years and it was a big thing for them to lose the chance for the goals and dreams to come true. Their motivation to compete has dropped but they've recently been getting energized by watching SCANDAL's live DVDs and say that they'd like to be further motivated by being given an Apollo pouch. However, they say that they know the pouches are limited in supply, so even just reading their message on the show would be motivating enough for them. They decide to give them the pouch since they've written in many times before. RINA mentions that what the band lost was the ability to perform concerts and go on tour, and for this past year they've wondered how they should make music. She also says that she was looking for the kind of lyrics she should write so that the fans could listen to it while convincing the band themselves. She says that there will always be times when you feel less motivated, so she doesn't want the listener to wonder why those times happen. HARU says that there are so many things accumulated in life so she wants them to live in a way so as not to waste it, and that she hopes their life will continue to be fun. The band will also work hard so that they can encourage the fans.

•The band then closes out the episode. HARU says that the full-length version of "eternal" will be played on the show sometime this month.

*As always, you can send in a message to the program here. I've made a guide as how to input your info and message for those who need assistance (click to enlarge):

Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 6WYlmoJ Radio Program - 『SCANDAL Catch up supported by Meiji Apollo』 - Page 12 WvLQhcz

#front-page #catchup

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.