AnimeExpo - AX [Page 3 of 6]

Re: AnimeExpo - AX
Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:07 am

ken0601

ken0601

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://ani-culture.net
Nothing wrong with him asking for Miku or the whole vocaloid cast over.

Do you know that Hatsune Miku had appeared twice in a row for the past 2 AFAs in this region?

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Chiya300x50
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:15 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
ken0601 wrote:Nothing wrong with him asking for Miku or the whole vocaloid cast over.

Do you know that Hatsune Miku had appeared twice in a row for the past 2 AFAs in this region?

so by Miku he's asking for the girl that gave her voice to the software Vocaloid? Im confuss .stars.

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
ken0601 wrote:Nothing wrong with him asking for Miku or the whole vocaloid cast over.

lol well, no, I did not, since I just found out about what this thing even is. I don't know about the voice cast or whatever; I just got basic info on it, and the top result was that Hatsune Miku is, like I said, a voice app.

And, like Lale, I'm still not fully understanding these "concerts" that "Miku" puts on. Is it just like a projection of the Miku character on a screen while music is being played, or what? .hmmm.

Either way, SCANDAL is still the better choice. Hah.

And nice avatar, Lale Nice one

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:56 am

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
well did you see what I wrote to combat that stupid request .clap.

am proud of myself

Also known as: Ross AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 251803 , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 464571 , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy
AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Rossba10
AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Ugefu10

Wat- who said i was joking, be prepared to sit down with Luarahara tomorrow
One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:07 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
snypershot wrote:well did you see what I wrote to combat that stupid request .clap.

am proud of myself
lol yeah, and that's what I was thinking when I discovered what that Miku thing is. I searched the thread and just 1 other person req'd that as well, but they were joking more than anything. Yeah, I'm sure that concert would have a big turnout... .evilgrin.

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:32 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
@Lale LOL nice avatar!

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Lale wrote:

so by Miku he's asking for the girl that gave her voice to the software Vocaloid? Im confuss .stars.

Well, think of it as how Gorillaz do their concerts... It's just an image projected onto multiple screens, so you're basically watching a music video... HA HA! The Hatsune Miku fandom is no joke and her 1st concert in Japan was jam packed full of "fans"... heh...

But anyways, ditto on everyone's hard work with the SCANDAL request support! AX does a good job at bringing some big names over here to the event, so let's hope the director/whoever in charge of bringing the guests over catches wind of SCANDAL and notes an interest on them...

Heh... and I've yet to sign up on the AX forum still... HA HA!

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:04 pm

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
I do believe vocaloid would be bigger again no offense just my opinion, if you guys can get them more power to you. I would like to repeat that the best GOH to get but also is an extreme long shot is Ayumi Hamasaki.

Facepalm why doesn't this person get it through their thick head. That vocaloid isn't a Guest, its a software program

Also known as: Ross AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 251803 , Rossy Oliver the cute and fluffy AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 464571 , Rosa, and Pokey The Cute and Fluffy

One Word Story - "TOMOMI, surprisingly tomorrow, will thoseguiltyeyes with HARUNA kick snypershot in his crotch and punched his solar plexus that is hurting him everywhere."
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:14 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
To actually get Miku "live", they would need to get a lot of money for the technology.

ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Plutonium wrote:To actually get Miku "live", they would need to get a lot of money for the technology.

ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTXO7KGHtjI
While that does look a little cool, I can't imagine that being a very fun "concert" as opposed to seeing real, live people...

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Plutonium

Plutonium

International Performer
International Performer
Vocaloid is very popular in Japan, it's almost on equal grounds as K-ON let's say. If I recall correctly, Mami really likes Miku as well!

There is a very large market towards that over there. Over here in the Americas, I believe more people would enjoy actual physical musician lives rather than holograms. =Dp

AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Claris_signature_v3
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:57 pm

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Plutonium wrote:There is a very large market towards that over there. Over here in the Americas, I believe more people would enjoy actual physical musician lives rather than holograms. =Dp

Adding to what Pluto said, in a country where there have been cases (I know for certain of at least 1, assuming there's been more) where men have married video game characters, the fact a fully-digital musician is very popular does not surprise me.

Knowing that, imagine how the members of SCANDAL feel... .fustrated.

独りきりなんて、人生勿体無い
Life's a waste if you're all alone. (SCANDAL, Everybody Say YEAH)
AnimeExpo - AX - Page 3 Blog_head2-1
Need help with Japanese? - Be sure to visit my Japanese thread: Class is now in session!
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:30 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
so i was checking out the jpopsuki SCANDAL forum discussion and i thought you guys might find this one interesting like i did:

"oh L.A is trying to get guests of honor for the anime convention and everyone is saying and suggesting SCANDAL should be there. i already put in who i want there and def, SCANDAL is one of them. if you want to have even the littlest chance of having SCANDAL in the U.S again, by all means go give your suggestions!!"

haha everyone is saying and suggesting huhhh?

were definitely getting quite a bit exposure arent we? .common.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:29 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
zimbobbio wrote:so i was checking out the jpopsuki SCANDAL forum discussion and i thought you guys might find this one interesting like i did:

"oh L.A is trying to get guests of honor for the anime convention and everyone is saying and suggesting SCANDAL should be there. i already put in who i want there and def, SCANDAL is one of them. if you want to have even the littlest chance of having SCANDAL in the U.S again, by all means go give your suggestions!!"

Nice! I really hope this does turn out well Peace Onion

btw snype: Do you think we all should begin to start discussing the AX Premier Package (which says is now $120 but still costs $100...wtf?) + hotel thing? AX is beginning to post the hotels available in their hotel block (the Westin Bonaventure is first at $150 per night), so it should start to get easier to figure out what we could possibly do.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:02 pm

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
zimbobbio wrote:so i was checking out the jpopsuki SCANDAL forum discussion and i thought you guys might find this one interesting like i did:

Nice! I really hope this does turn out well Peace Onion

btw snype: Do you think we all should begin to start discussing the AX Premier Package (which says is now $120 but still costs $100...wtf?) + hotel thing? AX is beginning to post the hotels available in their hotel block (the Westin Bonaventure is first at $150 per night), so it should start to get easier to figure out what we could possibly do.

I saw that yesterday. if you have 4 guest the total comes out to about 160 a night which comes out to 40$ per person. If 2 or 3 other people are willing to go in on this with me, it is a close and fast way to get to the convention center. if the 4 of us get the Premier passes we can each go in on a hotel if you really want to.

@zim, this is awesome, not just our forums but now other forums are gonna help out to get SCANDAL back to the US. .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:55 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
snypershot wrote:I saw that yesterday. if you have 4 guest the total comes out to about 160 a night which comes out to 40$ per person. If 2 or 3 other people are willing to go in on this with me, it is a close and fast way to get to the convention center. if the 4 of us get the Premier passes we can each go in on a hotel if you really want to.

@zim, this is awesome, not just our forums but now other forums are gonna help out to get SCANDAL back to the US. .clap.
I just wish they would announce already that SCANDAL's coming over; that'd save us a lot of hassle later on haha. But anyway, I asked on the Premier Hotel Requirement thread that's in the Registration forum about whether or not we'd have to book a hotel for all the days, or just one or two would be fine. I'll see if anyone answers.

hahaha and geez, nice quote in your sig. I really didn't think what I said was all that great hahah Hohoho Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:39 pm

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
snypershot wrote:I saw that yesterday. if you have 4 guest the total comes out to about 160 a night which comes out to 40$ per person. If 2 or 3 other people are willing to go in on this with me, it is a close and fast way to get to the convention center. if the 4 of us get the Premier passes we can each go in on a hotel if you really want to.

I just wish they would announce already that SCANDAL's coming over; that'd save us a lot of hassle later on haha. But anyway, I asked on the Premier Hotel Requirement thread that's in the Registration forum about whether or not we'd have to book a hotel for all the days, or just one or two would be fine. I'll see if anyone answers.

hahaha and geez, nice quote in your sig. I really didn't think what I said was all that great hahah Hohoho Onion

Keep us updated, and I agree give us SCANDAL now so we don't have to wait later to know.

Also I thought it would be good to have that in my sig since am all about AX for the next few months.

Last edited by Plutonium on Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : You put your post inside the quote.. lol. Hopefully this fixes it!)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:38 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
So I just got a reply on the AX boards about the hotel requirement, and the minimum is that you stay for at least one night. Thank god haha .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:54 pm

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:So I just got a reply on the AX boards about the hotel requirement, and the minimum is that you stay for at least one night. Thank god haha .clap.

sweet one night between 4 people is 40$ a person as that is the max that the hotel will allow for people to be in.

Also congrats to everyone for getting some random person to request SCANDAL and there are other forums that recognized what we are trying to do so they are showing their support.

Thanks for all the member who have helped by putting request in to help everyone going to AX to reach the goal of getting SCANDAL there.

On a side note I came to a realization. Prior to creation of this thread I too had a dream like Guiltyeyes and Lale where SCANDAL was playing live and I were there to see it. Now isn't that a coincidence.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:13 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
snypershot wrote:On a side note I came to a realization. Prior to creation of this thread I too had a dream like Guiltyeyes and Lale where SCANDAL was playing live and I were there to see it. Now isn't that a coincidence.
Wow, that is a coincidence. It's gotta mean something good, then!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:11 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
@snyper i think its safe to say weve all had that dream at one point or another... but now its time to make that dream a reality Onion Shine

@guiltyeyes i read your reply in the AX forums, and i definitely agree with snyper. epic. hahah Hohoho Onion

also i dont know if the four people you mentioned splitting a hotel included me, but i wont be staying in a hotel just to clarify.. sorry if there was some kinda confusion. if it didnt include me however then disregard this comment lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:17 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
zimbobbio wrote:@guiltyeyes i read your reply in the AX forums, and i definitely agree with snyper. epic. hahah Hohoho Onion

also i dont know if the four people you mentioned splitting a hotel included me, but i wont be staying in a hotel just to clarify.. sorry if there was some kinda confusion. if it didnt include me however then disregard this comment lol
hahah thanks. Hohoho Onion

And I don't think any of us (though idk yet who "us" might be lol) really are going to stay in the hotel haha. Well, at least I won't, since I live here in LA and have no need for the room. We only are getting a hotel room if SCANDAL does come, since we want to get the AX Premier package and you're required to get a hotel room at least for one night.

Do you think you might get a Premier package if SCANDAL does come, though? If not, then disregard what I said haha.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:20 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
ohhhhh that i wasnt aware of.. yeah DEFINITELY getting a hotel if they do come. no doubt haha. guiltyeyes you should talk in SB more it might make things easier haha Onion Wahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:23 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
haha yeah, I probably should. I'll try signing on more often

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:15 am

snypershot

snypershot

International Performer
International Performer
<Snypershot> well I have a massive dislike for hatsune miku
<hamachi> good enough
<hamachi> miku's voice is just way too high.....
<AXLiveGuest84> snyper u dislike cute anime characters in short skirts ?
<hamachi> aside from that she's kawaii.
<AXLiveGuest84> hamachi it depends on teh song
<Snypershot> well, yeah, pretty much
<AXLiveGuest84> and the artist adjust miku's voice
<Snypershot> i guess that is what is being said
<Snypershot> besides I like real girls in short skirts as per the SCANDAL vid

so yeah, this is what you deal with on the AX chat.

Back to top Go down