You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote?
Posted Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:55 pm

Godfrey

Godfrey

Caless Student
Caless Student
Konnichiwa, I'm Godfrey and I'm quite a newbie in this site...  .hi.
I just want to know if there's a particular quote that you like that was said by our beloved band ( SCANDAL )
and by the way if you can add the reason why you like that quote... Nice one
so I guess I'll start with mine .clap.

Any SCANDAL quote... could be from their songs, or they speak themselves

as for me it is:
                                                             "kimi no subete ni iromekitaiya "
in english:
                                                     "I want to bring colour to every bit of you"
                                                                       -  BEAUTeen !

I don't know if this was the correct translation ( if its was wrong please do correct me I'll appreciate it )
the reason why I want this line so badly it that because... I don't know either... or maybe it is just because it was the first song that I first love that they make... I am really pleased mo meet everyone *bow* .hail.

~Godfrey.

Back to top Go down

Re: What is your favorite SCANDAL quote?
Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:40 am

chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
May I say "Welcome to SH!!"?

Haha, usually the Admin say that in the first timers thread.

I don't have one favourite quote actually, but there is one statement from a translated interview by Rina when she said:

"It’s in being fearless. We formed when we had just started playing instruments; when we were in dance and vocal school together we just decided to form a band even though we didn’t know anything about that kind of thing, and even when we didn’t get the best reception, we never thought of saying “We can’t do this.” That we’re a band that does all kinds of songs has been a positive thing for us lately."

from: http://www.gaijinkanpai.com/features/2010/8/25/scandal-temptation-box-exclusive-interview-translation.html

I really like that. I know it's a simple statement and many people have said similar things before, but I let myself be inspired nonetheless.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:05 am

Vallerie

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
I don't know the correct translation of this, but I know Haruna said this once when Rina was down back then,

''If there's no Rina, there won't be no SCANDAL anymore.''

more or less, it's like that, from Utatane. I was like, 'omg, is their bond that strong?' i mean they could've searched a replacement, but they didn't, instead they kept believing Rina can do that. And she does. Happy

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? 28808_1381011858223_1619746071_962826_2640224_n
[b]If I could make one wish that God would grant to happen, it is to meet Rina once in my lifetime before I breath my last[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 pm

tomomi-jackie

tomomi-jackie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
As for me is:
Tomomi:I’m a regular girl, so I just use regular words. Using words that I wouldn’t normally use is kind of like lying, and it keeps me from getting a good handle on what I’m trying to convey. I also focus on the rhythm you’ll hear in the song, and play with the words.
From, http://www.gaijinkanpai.com/features/2010/8/25/scandal-temptation-box-exclusive-interview-translation.html

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? Tomomijackie
Thanks Freakypandaz
Tomomi Rock!
Tomomi:I’m a regular girl, so I just use regular words.
What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? Iw036ofnpn
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:24 am

Zero2012

Zero2012

Caless Student
Caless Student
When was rina down????

I like from beauteen:
kimi ga oikakeru yume wo
marugoto terashite iitai

translation:
I want to light up the dreams that you chase

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
[quote="Zero2012"]When was rina down????

that was when Rina was having a hard time with the drums, and she thought she couldn't be a part of SCANDAL because she couldn't do it, but Haruna, Tomomi and Mami said she can and encouraged her to keep going. .smile.

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:59 pm

klaide-kun

klaide-kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
chiy102 wrote:May I say "Welcome to SH!!"?

Haha, usually the Admin say that in the first timers thread.

I don't have one favourite quote actually, but there is one statement from a translated interview by Rina when she said:

"It’s in being fearless. We formed when we had just started playing instruments; when we were in dance and vocal school together we just decided to form a band even though we didn’t know anything about that kind of thing, and even when we didn’t get the best reception, we never thought of saying “We can’t do this.” That we’re a band that does all kinds of songs has been a positive thing for us lately."

from: http://www.gaijinkanpai.com/features/2010/8/25/scandal-temptation-box-exclusive-interview-translation.html

I really like that. I know it's a simple statement and many people have said similar things before, but I let myself be inspired nonetheless.

Yeah, me too.. I like this one .smile. . As a musician, i'm inspired .clap. . If you want to be successful you must have the undying passion and yeah, being fearless.. .smile.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 pm

elevenglass

elevenglass

International Performer
International Performer
http://scandal-thaifan.blogspot.com/
@Vallerie woww i never knew that ~ ~ IMPRESS ME SO MUCH HARUNA&RINA Onion Love

this mine

"Even though We have separate characters but it make my team have good balance
~ I think four is great! "

by HARUNA Love Struck

(´・_・`)

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? 464571h! SCANDAL BABY  ♪♪
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:46 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
My fav would be a line from the song Pride.

it's: "Hoshii no wa jidai no ichi PEEJI"

translation:I want one page of history(if it's wrong please correct it^^)

I like that because I feel like SCANDAL does deserve a page of history. To me they're so amazing and grand and just the best that a page of history is the least they deserve. idk if they meant it in a different way in the song, but that's how I felt it was meant.
SCANDAL does deserves to go down in history!As "The Most Powerful Japanese Girlie-Pop Rock!" .cool.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Vallerie

Vallerie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.fanfiction.net/~noirheart
Another fave quote from me,, this is what Rina said when Haru's having her 21st birthday. (translated by asagi132)

Around a year after we’re formed, many things happened and there are times when I was extremely feeling down.
But I never talked about it, and just went through it like everyday routine, going to studio after school and practicing together.
Only Haru realized about it, gave me a call, and came to me just to talk about it on holiday. I cried so much (つωWink
I always relied on her since long time ago.
When I discussed it with Haru, my mind became refreshed and I can face forward again!
RINA was properly scolded when making a wrong thought!
I think she is really an adult!!
Because we had such a leader, RINA can continue to be in this band (O´ω`O)!

and this one

Actually, if I were a boy i would say that I like Haru-nee very much (*´∀`*)

I never thought that Haruna was really and deeply care about her bandmates... When I read thos words,, it really expressed how fit Haruna as a leader and how Rina grateful to have Haru as her supporter. .uhuh.

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? 28808_1381011858223_1619746071_962826_2640224_n
[b]If I could make one wish that God would grant to happen, it is to meet Rina once in my lifetime before I breath my last[/b]
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Justin

Justin

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
" Ima konna ni mo itoshiku naru"
means " Even up until now , I still love you" If i'm not mistaken.

because , it is related to my real life , and I remembered when i posted it on my facebook account. Onion XD

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? Sign2_10
What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? Userba11
"Even though we are so far from each other , Still our hearts will Intertwined"8->
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:39 am

ohmyHaruna

ohmyHaruna

Caless Student
Caless Student
i like all the quotes Haruna says ;D
although i cant remember what she said lol =X

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Sugarcube

Sugarcube

International Performer
International Performer
http://apieceofsheet.tumblr.com/
I’m a regular girl, so I just use regular words. Using words that I wouldn't normally use is kind of like lying, and it keeps me from getting a good handle on what I’m trying to convey. I also focus on the rhythm you’ll hear in the song, and play with the words.
-Tomomi

Without food, I am powerless.
-Tomomi

That's why I keep on doing my best.
'Cause I don't want to hurt people who said that they love me.
-Rina

School, work,
There are various worlds in each of those lives
And there are definitely good waves as well as bad waves.
But, in the end, how well you ride that wave is what you're able to decide for yourself.
No matter what kind of sadness happens today,
You can make your own HAPPINESS tomorrow.
It makes no difference in the number of 『tears』,
The amount of 『happiness』 is up to you.
-Rina

What is your favorite SCANDAL quote? T2xy8t6
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:53 am

kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
The three that I remember fondly:

From EVERYBODY SAY YEAH!:
Life is a waste when you're all alone
My smiles and tears shine brighter because I have you

From BEAUTeen!:
Your sweat and your tears and your smile
Every single bit of you is an overwhelming beauty

And from the NHK BS Premium Artist Documentary on SCANDAL:
HARUNA wrote:I'm not hard on myself at all. I thought that there wouldn't be any meaning to keep living, so there was no other choice but to do it. Since that was the only thing that's come along in my life, quitting was not an option. There was no other option but to fix it. So, how can I say it... It was tough, and those around me were more impatient. It's like... I thought to myself, "What are you doing? You have to fix it." I began to rebuild my mentality little by little by myself before Budokan and kept properly going to voice training too. Simply, how should I say it... when I got my voice back, I wondered "What was it up until now?" Like that, I've begun to recover, but rather I think it's probably because I wished for Budokan to be a success no matter what.

:)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.