You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
..nah..i'm used to it..since before hearing them..i first heard that kind of voice in some anime's like k-on.. I even thought tomo was one of the voices in k-on..hehehe..i like voices like that..as long as it is natural..not..technically made by some voice editor thing..

me want you..
Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41eDid you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I don't recall ever having any second thoughts about her voice, love it, it's such a nice contrast to Haruna's voice LOVE

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

All Of Treasures

Caless Student
Caless Student
LieAnn wrote:I find her voice high-pitched actually, and I'm not that fond of those type of voices 'cause it's very common in the Japanese music industry. And it's annoying me sometimes, honestly. However, there are some songs that I really enjoy listening to her, for example Koi No Kaijitsu, Houkago 1h and Shoujo S. And she blends perfectly with Haruna so all is well. Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 628112

In which songs do you find her annoying? When I was reading your post, I was thinking, "LieAnn probably doesn't like "Houkago1H" very much," but then you listed it as one you enjoy!

You're right; she does blend with Haruna well.

Back to top Go down
LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
^ Haha I love Houkago 1h! Oh well how should I explain this.. It's not that I'm actually annoyed by her voice, it's just that there are some songs that in my opinion isn't a match for her voice. There are songs when she only sang one or two lines in between Haruna's; it's like feeling high when Haru is singing and when Tomo comes in the mood suddenly drops down. Argh I can't explain it well I hope you understand haha. But in songs where they sing equally (like Haruna Verse 1, Tomo Verse 2, then both at chorus) I really enjoy listening to her, like Switch, Rock n Roll Widow and Roppongi Shinjuu.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

All Of Treasures

Caless Student
Caless Student
I understand what you mean now! That makes perfect sense. Now you've made me want to listen to "Switch"...

Back to top Go down
kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
When I first heard Tomomi's voice, it felt like I made a new friend. I know it's weird, but I did feel that way for some reason. It's probably because my voice is also high-pitched. I'm being serious. If I shared a recording of my voice, I would literally sound like a 5 year old.
In anime, the girls also have high-pitched voices, and I always thought it was the actors forcing their voices to be like that. But being able to see someone with such a voice made me feel like there was a mutual bond Onion Skipping

Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kawaii93 wrote:
In anime, the girls also have high-pitched voices, and I always thought it was the actors forcing their voices to be like that.

I think you also have to account for the fact that the Japanese language itself is kind of higher pitched than other languages

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 61185
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@kawaii93

I would love to hear your voice !
Another point about Japan is many women do try to talk in a high pitched voice as they think
it is cute and makes them sound younger.
Men try to talk in a very deep voice and it can sometimes sound funny to us but it is just a culture thing.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
@tony - really? Every time I went to Japan, the average girl/ women sounded like Mami or Haruna. I've only heard girls 12 years old to about 18 year old girls sound like Tomomi or Rina. That's the reason why I thought Tomomi's voice sounded weird at first. There seem to be quite a few women celebrities in Japan that have high voices though.
I've had my American friends ask me why all Japanese girls sound like that, but I think they've been watching too much anime and listening to Vocaloids. haha
It is pretty true that guys in Japan have higher voices though. I think I have a voice lower than the average Japanese male that is around my age.
It seems in Japan that when people are trying to be respectful, their voices will go a little higher. I have noticed that in my own voice. I guess it sounds a little more friendly or something.

woops, I seem to be off topic. Anyway, I love Timo's voice. Its unique.

Back to top Go down
Counterclock

Counterclock

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Tomomi's voice was the reason I she became my favorite!Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 804545

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 The_legend_of_giant_dad_by_theblasianbruski-d6sotfu
Back to top Go down
Goldenarms

Goldenarms

International Performer
International Performer
I liked Tomomi's voice right from the start. I find it really cute actually. There's nothing wrong
with her voice, it really blended well with Haruna's voice and it's kinda unique for
a rock band, having a high pitched voice singer.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Kojiharufinal
Haruna Makes My World Go Round
Back to top Go down
kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
kaitanuva wrote:
kawaii93 wrote:
In anime, the girls also have high-pitched voices, and I always thought it was the actors forcing their voices to be like that.

I think you also have to account for the fact that the Japanese language itself is kind of higher pitched than other languages

That is true. But at the time I didn't know much about the language and culture. Tomomi made me become really interested in it!

Back to top Go down
kylelaluces

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
Nice topic!

I kinda share the same sentiments with @LieAnn on this one, about how high-pitched voices in Japanese women sounding so common already. I guess that might explain my taste in Japanese music at first, because I badly wanted to listen to something "different". And along came Shunkan Sentimental from FMA: Brotherhood, and Haruna's voice stood out right away! Of course the ED version lasts only less than two minutes, so I thought I'd give the full version a listen. But I didn't know at the time that ALL of them were vocalists in the band, so imagine my surprise hearing Tomomi in the second verse... It turned me off a little bit, TBH. But I didn't let that stop me from looking for their other songs.

Then I listened to DOLL, Shoujo S, and BEAUTeen!!, which immediately became my early favorites. And whenever I heard Tomomi in each of those songs, I thought "Hmm. You know, I take it back. She doesn't really sound all that bad." And over time, her voice just simply grew on me. IDK. Maybe it's because I listened to their songs so many times already that her voice seems "familiar" to me. Or maybe I just started to really have an admiration for Tomomi overall. (I liked the Almond Crush duo first before the Dobondobondo duo when I first heard of SCANDAL.) But all I know is, I can listen to Shunkan Sentimental now without feeling like I did the first time I heard it. She sounds perfectly fine to me. :)

Back to top Go down
ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
so it seems like a lot people needed some time to love her voice Wink
but I'm kind of surprised that so many started to like her voice because of songs like houkago 1h and switch, her voice is pretty high in those compared to other songs! Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 282732

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down
Hikari

Hikari

Caless Student
Caless Student
When I first heard Timo's voice, my first thought is: "Is that her real natural voice!?" I doubted a bit (but I didn't disklike it~ I loved it!) After watching and listening to a few more of their songs, I finally concluded, "Tomo's voice is always high pitched so it MUST be natural!" which made me love her even more! Was further proven when she and Mami were singing in the dressing room xD And the way her voice just blends in perfectly with Haru~!! x3

.hi.
Back to top Go down
echu2012

echu2012

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Tomomi was the reason why I had a hard time accepting that I like Scandal. Personally, I didn't like cutesy voice, especially when it's obviously fake. However, upon watching lots of videos of Scandal, I got accustomed to her voice and realized that it's natural. I guess watching those videos was my way of acquiring love for her voice.

I absolutely love her voice whenever it's blended with Haruna's. She also sounds very cheerful and fun in Pin Heel Surfer. Funny how I love her voice in that song. It suits her so much.

Back to top Go down
Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
Nah, for me it was more along the terms of "love at first listen". lol
Although, it took a while for me to get used to Mami's vocals though.

Back to top Go down
Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, the first video I watched of them was the Harukaze animax performance, and I fell in love with her voice as soon as I heard her singing alone Tongue

It's because of Tomo's voice that I kept watching more and more SCANDAL videos.

Back to top Go down
VaizardsFTW

VaizardsFTW

Caless Student
Caless Student
Initially, I thought Tomomi's voice was really high for SCANDAL. It felt like a poppish voice, and I couldn't stand it in some songs. However, I realized her high pitch voice complements Haruna's deeper voice. Now, I'm accustomed to the voice and find it proper in most of SCANDAL's songs.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 U6zkopzo01coeakz79p8

5/22/15 - 「HELLO WORLD」 - Los Angeles, CA HoB
Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
I love Tomo's Voice, when I first heard it LOVE

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down
mafu

mafu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i really like it too when it blends with Haruna's voice. lately i just realized that their voices complement each others that make SCANDAL songs perfect .love.

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 Tumblr_mr97hwrHlQ1qibdaao1_500
~are you virgin? kill the virgin~

Back to top Go down
dpcarrico

dpcarrico

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
echu2012 wrote:I absolutely love her voice whenever it's blended with Haruna's.
I agree.

Tomomi has incredible vocal range and singing talent. I loved Tomomi's old voice style (Doll, S.L. Magic, etc...).

Her new higher voice style does add Japanese flavor and blends really well with Haruna and/or Mami. I am sure she can sing in any style the song calls for though.

As Mami once said "Tomo is perfect. There is nothing she can not do perfectly."

Onion Love Love I agree.

"We admire people for there strengths, but we love them for there imperfections."
:workhard: Tsundere Onion huh?Maximum-Attention-Deficit-Disorder  Hohoho Onion Bipolar Onion Sigh
Hearing voices in your head is normal. Listening to them, common. Arguing, acceptable. However, 
when you lose the argument, you're in trouble. Crap, I lost again...
Back to top Go down
assasinkid101

assasinkid101

Caless Student
Caless Student
i have always love tomo's voice... Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 12776

Back to top Go down
raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
To be honest I just got used to it Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 56458, and some songs do fit with her voice. However, there are times when her voice could sound so annoying I actually smile when I hear it. In the song Rock n Roll Widow with R.Uzaki the part where she sings "ii hito deshita" and "tsukete naki taiwa" before the second chorus, the way she wanted to give an aggressive kind of voice just sounded funny to me.

Back to top Go down
darksider59

darksider59

International Performer
International Performer
Usually, when my friend send me some japanese bands, I always said to him : the girls sing really high, I don't really like it. But now, I like it (when they sing well of course Happy ). And Tomomi's voice, I'm in love with .smile. .

Did you have to acquire love for Tomomi's voice? - Page 2 MUW2SyY
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.