Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Re: SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」
Posted Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:44 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
320x200 wrote:Mishima Citizens Cultural Hall was a knockout show!

It's tough to know where to begin. Happy The setlist was like the other stops on the tour, and the girls were on fire from the start to the end. All the new material from STANDARD sounded great live and the songs really have an extra kick in the pants that is tough to get with a studio recording.

The stage backdrop was a really nice, starting off as just a nice backdrop and then becoming more and more dynamic until by the end it was very flashy and music-video-like.

During the whole show Tomomi and Haruna rocked out together like Mami and Tomomi usually do in the older layout of positions. During the encore Tomomi was playfully messing with Haruna's hair while she sang which the whole band laughed about.

At one point during Scandal Baby Tomomi and Mami were playing to each-other across the front of the stage, and as Tomomi went to step back afterwards she stumbled a little and got a surprised expression on her face from feeling like she was going to fall over backwards. Mami burst out laughing and mimicked her, pretending to tip backwards and making a scared face. Tomomi then mimicked herself even more than Mami, pretending to wildly fall backwards with a terrified face. It was absolutely hilarious Happy

The crowd at Scandal's shows always have a lot of energy but this show seemed even a bit more hyped up. The whole time everyone was jumping and cheering, only taking a break during the long middle MC where Haruna asks everyone to sit down. After the show all the fans were hanging out outside the venue for a while, taking pictures of those in cosplay and big group photos of everyone who was still there.

I'll try to post more details as I remember them.. I was fortunate enough to have front row seats and got a wave from Rina after the encore which just put the perfect ending on an amazing time!
Thanks for the review Happy

The story about TOMO is so... TOMO-ish .lol.  Dobon Team is strong .knuckles. 

Maybe they feel more comfortable now, they played a lot lately and it must have been difficult to be relaxed with all the new songs Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:55 am

betinhomtl

betinhomtl

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.scandalbrazilianteam.com.br
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Mishima Civic Cultural Hall, Shizuoka (24.11)

01. STANDARD
02. Brand new wave
03. EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
04. Orange Juice
05. Houkago 1H
06. Uchiagehanabi
07. Hachigatsu
08. Koe
09. Metronome
10. Koi no Gestalt Houkai
11. Kagen no Tsuki
12. Weather report
13. Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
14. Kimi to Mirai to Kanzen Douki
15. OVER DRIVE
16. Taiyou to Kimi ga Egaku STORY
17. Namida yo Hikare~STANDARD

Encore:
18. Shunkan Sentimental
19. SCANDAL BABY
20. DOLL

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:01 am

goto

goto

Caless Student
Caless Student
i wonder how awesome they performed STANDARD..
I wish there's a fancam

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2013 「STANDARD」 - Page 7 Op620s10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:08 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
A couple more notes from the next shows I was at. :)

- Rina's made a few tweaks to her drum set. Double bass pedal (used mostly during after-song rocking) and double snare drums. The second snare is thinner and used to make a lighter-sounding snare hit at the beginning of some songs before using the regular, deeper snare drum.

- At the second-to-last show of the tour they added a new section to the middle of 下弦の月 which isn't on the album version where each member plays a solo. They went right to left across the stage with Mami soloing first, then Rina, Haruna and ending with a bass solo by Tomomi before going back into the song.

- After the encore while going through the members, when it's Haruna's turn the other 3 drop to their knees and do the bouncy-pointing thing from Scandal in the House.

- I also got a couple of tweets from Rina after the shows :)
Nov 29: http://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/406416427315261441
Dec 1: http://twitter.com/scandal_rina/status/407102130571321344

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:14 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
wow #2 and 3 sound awesome and fun :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
320x200 wrote:
- At the second-to-last show of the tour they added a new section to the middle of 下弦の月 which isn't on the album version where each member plays a solo.
Full solos or like mini-solos? How was Haruna's? There was a time early on when I thought she was actually a better guitarist than Mami but just wasn't allowed to show it (Mami's since gotten a lot better), but then her solo in "Playboy" was kind of disappointing. Was her solo at the show decent? I would have gone absolutely bananas if Haruna and Tomomi did solos at the NHK Hall show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:22 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm not sure what you'd consider a "full" or "mini" solo, but it was a decent amount of time for each member, 4~8 bars each maybe. I don't remember the length so much.

All their solos were great. It was a bit eye-opening as to just how good they all are during their solos, when they had a bit to just play freely and use up the entire spotlight so to speak on one person.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:44 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
320x200 wrote:I'm not sure what you'd consider a "full" or "mini" solo, but it was a decent amount of time for each member, 4~8 bars each maybe.
I just meant did they really have time to express themselves, like as if they were a featured soloist in the song, or was it more of just a little breakdown that each one of them did (like how Tomomi does a little extra fill in the middle of "Hi Hi Hi" when they play it live). Sounds like full solos, though. I wish I'd seen that!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:04 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Maybe I have a short memory, but to me it seems that they start to like those "solos" more now.

Looks to me like they trying new things, like the long intro to Kagen explained earlier in this thread. Looks they want to add more "transitions", solos to make the live sound different from just the normal songs so that the live show really feels special.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:42 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Those solos seem amazing. Especially if they do something like that for upcoming lives like their ARENA TOUR. Yeah, Haruna's solo in Playboy was a little disappointing honestly but it seems that some lucky concert goers experienced part of her true abilities.

Funny, in a recent translated report, Mami's Standard was 'to have a guitar solo' which she did fulfill Tongue

Rina's solo would be really interesting with the addition of that double pedal and extra piccolo snare. I think though that she probably got her new equipment moreso for next year for their new releases and songs. I'm still curious though; how was her double pedal usage? Was it advanced or is Rina still a beginner in the terms of double pedalling?

Tomo's bass solo. Hnnnggg the one I would kill to see. She's a progidy; in a few years she would be in league with some of the best bass players IMO.

Kagen no Tsuki seems exceptional modified lol and it seems like there are some cute moments in different shows with the members. Happy

Reading all these reviews are really insightful. Thanks everyone!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:48 pm

320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ichiruki! wrote:I'm still curious though; how was her double pedal usage? Was it advanced or is Rina still a beginner in the terms of double pedalling?
Well, the thing is none of the songs have any double bass written into them, and she wasn't really messing around with the songs to add any. She seemed completely competent on it though, natural and no hesitation or anything like that when she did use it. IMO a lot of her hi-hat work is trickier to play than what you need out of you left foot to do double bass stuff so I think not having it all along has been more from the style of Scandal's music than her ability.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.