haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
When the song started playing I was wondering what was I listening to. XD
it took me 3 seconds to find the tab. haha
then it hit me. "Oh yeah, I clicked the play button."

I can't say if i hate it or not. At first I wasn't really fond of "Cherry Jam", but it grew on me and I love playing it every now and then.
Actually, I'm more excited for the PV than the songs itself. hoho:tea:

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 URT1EYY
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:07 am

meow-chan

meow-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
maybe because the PV can affect how we are going to like their song..haha i remember reading some comments about kagen that they dont like it that much but when they saw the PV they end up getting addicted to it..haha

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:54 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here's the (full or not) version of OVERDRIVE broadcasted on SCANOMICS

Last edited by babaloued on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:59 pm

jrld

jrld

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://last.fm/user/jrldsng
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

babaloued wrote:Here's the full version of OVERDRIVE broadcasted on SCANOMICS

Wow, I just got home from school and this is what greets me here? Awesome. Thanks for this!

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 Forsh10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
Beautiful, beautiful song .love. 

The part after the first chorus caught me by surprise! I don't know if it's just the quality of the video or what, but I couldn't tell what was making that sound lol

And the last words of the song TuT

Thank you!

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:32 pm

Daz

Daz

International Performer
International Performer
Wow, just listened to it, I must say I really really like it. Can't wait for the single release and full version of "SCANDAL in the house". Also, really excited to hear them play it live, haha. .love. SCANDAL, you never cease to amaze me. Happy 

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 Pixela1017th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 Pixela15
 " Love feels good than smoking weed  " - Adii '14
" Love is spicy. It's delicious but makes you choke "  - Adii '14
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really love it no matter how many times i've listened to it, it gets stuck in my mind. 

I really like this part of Scandal wherein sometimes they hold back and just play like with all their heart...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:10 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I like it! Thanks for the upload! .love. 

I was surprised by the small part around 1:50. Not sure if it's the sound quality but I felt that "sound" was totally unnecessary in the song... It's like they put it there just to fill up the song :s It just doesn't suit the rest of the song IMO.

Well just my first impression!! Maybe it will not stand out so much after a few times but it kinda shocked/surprise me a lot lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That sound was actually a keyboard, from what I heard...

But as for the song, I love it! It's a great tune that gives off a great feeling, an d the vocal combinations are great. I think I'm really going to like this single.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Really awesome.
I love it.

Previously known as HugoDisasters17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:36 pm

harunafanXD~

harunafanXD~

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OVER DRIVE sounds really good especially the chorus part

also excited for SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE... it sounded very different from the songs SCANDAL usually does...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:48 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I've been listening to this song over and over.  So good and easy to listen to...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:52 pm

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
OVER DRIVE sounds awesome .love. 

It reminds me a lot of some Blink 182 stuff for some reason. I really like it.

And those 40 seconds of SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE really sound like they're doing it just for the laughs lol
I feel like this PV is gonna be funny XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:03 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Af8! wrote:That sound was actually a keyboard, from what I heard...
It sounded more like a violin to me. Well, probably a keyboard version of the violin. haha. Rina said that they had to re-arrange the live version, so I think it should sound different.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:18 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
The "funny" sound after the first chorus is a violin. It's great. Kinda reminds me of The Corrs, a band I still love after all these years, despite their "hiatus".

I really dig the vibe. Really cool and refreshing, love the chorus.

This song only makes me look forward to their new album even more. Their sound is shifting yet again, and this time shifting into something I really, really like.

Last edited by macdyne73 on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:53 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
I like it so much, I'm already addict LOVE 

Thanks you for the upload

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I like The Corrs songs and it may sound like them but I still think that sound is out of place in this song.

It's not even coming back later or something it's just a 10 seconds sound coming out suddenly and having no purpose it seems :s It does sound like a last minute addition just to add something "special" to the song and i'm not really fond of it.

Except that the song is really nice and will probably sound awesome in live! .love.  I hope we can see a live version soon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 pm

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
macdyne73 wrote:The "funny" sound after the first chorus is a violin. It's great. Kinda reminds me of The Corrs, I band I still love after all these years, despite their "hiatus".
After a few listens,  I have to say it actually sound more like an accordion instead of a violin and knowing the fact that keyboards could imitate the accordion sound then it is probably played by Rina. So, it's definitely not a last-minute addition.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:31 pm

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Nice song, it made me move my head, so, I like it. .smile. 

Where can I listen to SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE? by the way.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:42 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@raddom: It was posted 2 pages before. Next time, please be sure to check through the thread first to see if something has already been posted as you'll likely find what you're looking for. Happy

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/scandal/discography/ESCL-4097?bcRefId=70005130_ESCL-4097_02SFL

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 6 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I don't know exactly why, but both songs reminds me of... cheerleaders?! Yeah, this just popped out of nowhere...

They promoted Kagen no Tsuki as a "summer song", but OVER DRIVE sounds much more like it. Something more pop, happy, that cheer you on. Not that I'm not addicted to Kagen no Tsuki as of now, it's propably the song I hear the most nowadays.

As for an "idol parody", I think Almond Crush already covers that. But now we wait to see what kind of live performance comes with SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE. Standard SCANDAL with instruments and all is awesome, but it's also great to see them perform something different, like Koshi Tantan years ago when Haruna and Tomomi just sang, and Mami delivered the crazy solo with her glow stick. Or the recent Kill the Virgin live during RIJF.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:10 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well there is no rule there can be only one "summer song". But I agree with you, if I had to choose between both songs I would also say that OVER DRIVE has a better "summer song" feeling.

But I don't agree on Almond Crush/Idol parody. Almond Crush for me is funny/crazy pop song, it's not what I would call an idol parody. Maybe I have the wrong idea but for me when i hear "idol" it means usually a band of (cute/sexy) girls dancing and singing pop songs. The PV also was a bit crazy and wasn't HARU + RINA dancing in sexy clothes, so to me it wasn't a real idol parody but maybe i'm completely wrong and maybe HARU or RINA said somewhere that it is an idol parody (and then i guess my definition is wrong haha).

About SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE I really can't wait to see the PV lol, i hope we get a small preview soon to see what kind of PV it is. But I have to say that right now it's really hard for me to imagine them singing this song live with the small preview we got O_O

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 am

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
Overdrive sounds pretty cool. The beginning kinda reminds me of the song "Boys Don't Cry" by the Cure. SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE sounds like a pretty good song for the beginning of a concert to get people pumped for the concert.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I respectfully disagree with the idea that the strings/violin before the second chorus is out of place. It's "purpose" is to mark a transition, the second verse is arranged differently and has a different "feel". A second intro, if you will.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:18 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well everyone has his opinion =P

A transition is fine but didn't need the sudden violin/keyboard that is - IMHO - not suited to the song. To me it breaks the flow and is weird but some people like it, everyone is different obviously.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.